**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who is best for ROL Wolverine as undup 4-40.

RajhpRajhp Posts: 27
edited June 2017 in Strategy and Tips

Who is best for ROL Wolverine as undup 4-40. 24 votes

Black widow
0%
Loki
54%
BigMoHaji_SaabJosh2PlayIcthalianTheSOURADave2442GreatScottAppleisgodFilmScorpionGamePlayWorldNuckingfutsDanielYorkHuntspyj 13 votes
Scarlet witch
45%
thetaman23Alfa_PigeonAakashMrLalowTJPerkThawnimMÀD_SNAKESickBanter69The_SpiderDarkArrow07mjo0od98 11 votes

Comments

• GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    None?
    BW is useless against him, even duped.
    Loki would need to be a high level dupe and 5/50 where he basically has unlimited sp1's and do enough damage to not take 5 hours, and that's a bad choice still because even if wolverine is allowed to regen for seconds, he will regen far too much.... and his sp1 takes seconds to finish.... not good
    SW would have to be 5/50 and duped to be able to crit enough to nullify regen fast enough and even that's a gamble and a half.

You should probably wait if those are your only options of all being 4/40 and unduped.
  • RajhpRajhp Posts: 27
    edited June 2017
    What about rogue?
    And BW,Loki,SW for other fights?
    edited June 2017
    Theoretically rogue can take him down without being duped. But you need to maintain the regen you steal from him at the start of the fight so he's unable to regen anymore. That would be very taxing trying to hold onto regen for that length of time, though I guess possible.

That's all assuming it would work on rol wolverine. I've never tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't.

As far as the other fights go, pretty much anything can be used. Everything else is just a matter of your own personal skill and your best damage dealers. You obviously want to do as much damage as possible so fights don't last for an hour.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Loki
    Arkangel is best option
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Rajhp wrote: »
    What about rogue?

Hypothetically speaking Rogue could work, if you could lock his regen permanently. But that's more skill than I possess. Honestly, 3* guillotine is better than all of those options.

There's only two fights that are exceptional in RoL: Wolverine and Scarlet Witch. Wolverine can be brute forced, but heal reversal is the best way to take him out although it takes some practice to get it right with Guillotine. Scarlet Witch is in general a revenge of RNGesus fight where she's likely to proc enough trash on you to kill you unless you have something strong that can survive; even Black Widow might still have enough poison leak past her DAA to be a problem, although that's not a bad choice there.

Everything else can be taken down with enough skill and patience with anything, although having high damage and/or health regen can reduce the skill level required. And if you're willing to spend units on revives and health potions, RoL is doable with anything, except for Wolverine. You could do it with an all 3* team if you had enough patience and units.
    I wouldn't say archangel is the best option by any means, but he is AN option. There are several options.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What about rogue?

Hypothetically speaking Rogue could work, if you could lock his regen permanently. But that's more skill than I possess. Honestly, 3* guillotine is better than all of those options.

There's only two fights that are exceptional in RoL: Wolverine and Scarlet Witch. Wolverine can be brute forced, but heal reversal is the best way to take him out although it takes some practice to get it right with Guillotine. Scarlet Witch is in general a revenge of RNGesus fight where she's likely to proc enough trash on you to kill you unless you have something strong that can survive; even Black Widow might still have enough poison leak past her DAA to be a problem, although that's not a bad choice there.

Everything else can be taken down with enough skill and patience with anything, although having high damage and/or health regen can reduce the skill level required. And if you're willing to spend units on revives and health potions, RoL is doable with anything, except for Wolverine. You could do it with an all 3* team if you had enough patience and units.

I'm not sure why people always say SW is a tough fight. Just use a poison immune champ and go ham on her. I shredded her within a few minutes with a 4/40 hulk lol.
    Loki
    Grinder wrote: »
    I wouldn't say archangel is the best option by any means, but he is AN option. There are several options.

Can u explain y archangle not best for rol wolve?
    edited June 2017
    TheSOURA wrote: »

Can u explain y archangle not best for rol wolve?

Why play your cards at maintaining rng debuffs rather than using something like guillotine to make him kill himself rapidly (still rng but much more efficient) or yondu and just repeatedly use sp1 with zero chance of losing your heal block? Yondu's heal block lasts for 20 seconds when you do sp1 while he has regen active, that's far more than enough time to lock him with insane ease.

Archangel is just a recent popular choice because he's a newer champ and people want to use the newer options. He's not the best though. Yondu is in that same boat, however his way of going about winning is much more effective for replenishing and doesn't rely on rng at all. Not to mention having advantage.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What about rogue?

I'm not sure why people always say SW is a tough fight. Just use a poison immune champ and go ham on her. I shredded her within a few minutes with a 4/40 hulk lol.

I don't think she's all that tough anymore, but she is one of the two that require special thinking. The rest of the fights just require endurance and enough skill in the basic block/evade/intercept to deal enough damage. I mentioned Black Widow because the OP mentioned her as one of his options.
    Loki
    Gullotine:
    she is great for regen reverse even without dupe. But there is some trick. U cant loose soul (keep min 2 soul on) and u have to apply the 2nd reverse regen b4 1st one expire. 3 pt in mystic dispersion will b helpful to get her sp2 ready quickly.
    Loki:
    I wont say sp1 buff steal will b very useful even he is max duped. But max mystic dispersion and probably a mystic power gain boost can take him quickly to sp3 to apply curse. And u can spam curse.
    SL:
    Well he is an option if he is max duped.(4* max also can work) But u cant loose uor combo. Use attack boost, gc max, courage max, assasin max, etc.
    Rougue:
    Very tough to do with her. But if u r very well player then u can spam sp1 and keep regen ability stopped. But again very tough.
    DrS:
    He used to b an option. And he still is if u max his dupe ability, max mystic dispersion. Take ability accuracy synergy team. Spam sp3 to fate seal. But again u have to b untouchable. Very tough.
    Bw:
    She used to b an option. But not anymore.
    Sw:
    Max duped and ability accuracy synergy & crit synergy. May b u have to max lesser precision mastery too. But sometime u may b very unlucky. So she is unreliable.
    Voodoo:
    He has the potential. All u have his dupe level max and 2 mystic dispersion. Spam sp1.
    Archangle:
    Take him duped. In my view most least uncomplecated just keep bleed-poison combo to activate nurotoxin and stop regen.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I used a 3* guillotine
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    None of the above should have been an option on the poll.

Guillotine unduped (or duped, doesn't matter actually) is the best counter against wolverine. Even a maxed 3* guillotine is sufficient enough to defeat wolverine as long as you play aggressively to trigger his regen while heal reverse is on him.

I can't think of any other champs that could counter wolverine as easily as guillotine. I think Dr Strange could do it, but you would have a long fight trying to continuously pop special 3 and only doing 1 or 2 combos during fate seal, plus his power was nerfed from 7 to 9 seconds per bar, so I really wouldn't recommend doing it this way.

Star Lord duped COULD be an option, but with that 400 combo limit, I think u can only do it with a 4* or 5* version. The 3* version may not be able to outdamage the heal even if you manage to somehow get to 400 hits.

So yea, tl;dr, guillotine is your best bet.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 16
    Guillotine is who I used at 3/30 she shredded Wolvie.
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 843 ★★★
    Guillotine is really the best and quickest option. If you don't have at least 3* duped, then just wait and do RoL later.
  • messmess Posts: 38
    guillotine, even 3*
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Isn't Loki able to nullify wolwerine's regen with his sp3 ?
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Why don't you use Gully, even as a 2* lol
  • JayT1996JayT1996 Posts: 95
    Guillotine without a doubt
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    edited June 2017
    Scarlet witch
    Gilly and AA are the only options which won't cost you a ton of revives imo. I personally used a 3* gilly , SW can work but it will be a frustrating long fight.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Loki
    Loki is the best option. Here is how you take him out. (If he is duped you will get to his L1 faster) Get the his L3 then after you steal his regen and he is cursed, quickly get back to L3 and continue that process.