**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Assassin Assignments and Merc Missions Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Carr0tsCarr0ts Posts: 1
    What about the fact that it’s been completed 100% for the first time and now every time a new mission comes up it already says 100% complete....
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    A simple suggestion: make the L1 revive a somewhat frequently occurring item on paths (or at least when DP/DPX ambush) in the assignments.

It’s a nominal gesture that would be appreciated by the community—costs little, yet pays dividends in goodwill.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    simple question for kabam : i don't see any assassin mission ! is ther a problem ?

I could do 2 assassin missions the first day ans since no mission has show up. i thought we had one out of every 11 hours ?

How can i get the rewards if the missions do not appear ? please tell me it's a known bug and you have a fix ?
  • Options
    SpinowSpinow Posts: 2
    I have been notified about Merc Missions a few times since launch, press the button to go to fight, and nothing there. The timer has not run out, but I can’t figure out where to find these things. Is this a bug?? Not talking about the events, but the triggered alliance missions. Have the bag showing, and the mer message, but no fight ?

Per
  • Options
    Ultimate_HadiUltimate_Hadi Posts: 27
    I cant find assignments uptill now. How am i supposed to play if they dont appear?
  • Options
    The_Savage_AncientThe_Savage_Ancient Posts: 134
    Too lengthy unlike previous trials. Many people are giving this a miss.
  • Options
    RebabeelRebabeel Posts: 6
    Its not actually working. We are supposed to get 2 or 3 Assignments per day.
    Ive seen 4 in 5days!
    You are supposed to have a chance of triggering a merc mission.
    Ive seen 4 messages - but when you click 'Go to Fight' The mission isnt there.
    Ive completed 1 in 5 days.

Its not working properly.
    Please can you have a look into it?
    Whole alliance is losing out on the rewards!! Not good!
    Not just me either....many saying the same thing!

Kabam - please Fix this ASAP

• Options
    edited June 2018
    A second simple suggestion: have the assignments and missions actually appear.

Or make that loot bag icon go away on my home screen.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Only 2 merc missions for our alliance so far, both happened in the first day, none since.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    From KabamMiike‘s announcement:

“But wait, last time these were pretty rare, and some Summoners didn’t have many chances to take part in the Tests of Valor. How have we improved it this time? Well, last time, it was based on collecting Valor, and the larger amounts you gained, the more likely you were to trigger a Test of Valor. Because you couldn’t trigger one when an Alliance Member already had, and the biggest chunks of Valor were to be found in the Event Quest, there was a lot of overlap, resulting in wasted chances. This time, it’s based strictly on Exploring Assassin Assignments, which means that as long as Summoners are continuously playing those events, your Alliance is more likely to trigger Merc Missions.”

Might want to check that trigger. Seems like it might be misfiring.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    HailTheGreat1HailTheGreat1 Posts: 40
    Remember how the majority thought Modok Lab sucked, leave it to Kabam to bring underwhelming content that is a bigger time hog. Their missions wasnt to bring better content or make the game more enjoyable, its to make garbage like Modok Labs a welcomed event.
  • Options
    Ronin916Ronin916 Posts: 85
    Remember how the majority thought Modok Lab sucked, leave it to Kabam to bring underwhelming content that is a bigger time hog. Their missions wasnt to bring better content or make the game more enjoyable, its to make garbage like Modok Labs a welcomed event.

A brilliant strategy. Bring back crappier content to make the crappy content look less crappy
  • Options
    nelly22nelly22 Posts: 65
    Kabam!!!! Merc missions are not starting in my alliance.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    nelly22 wrote: »

This^^. Got the first AA we’ve had in a while this morning...at 3AM.

Anyone looking into this?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    I have completed Assassin Assignments to 100% many times and been offered the corresponding Merc Mission "pop-up" at least 8 times and it has not worked once for me or my Alliance Members. So you get the Domino pop-up and click "go to fight" or whatever it says and its never there. Major disappointment, has not worked for me once.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    nelly22 wrote: »

Our alliance hasn’t seen a Merc mission since day 2 of them.
  • Options
    Knu3Knu3 Posts: 15
    f7le8u73sfup.png

For some reason I did not get any rewards for Merc mission completion for master, heroic or normal last round. I’m sure I had gotten completion rewards before.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    where are the merc mish? MIA musch?
  • Options
    darshakiyodarshakiyo Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    I must say this is the worst event ever...
    Extremely boring, time consuming and very poor rewards. helps me stay away from the game.
    Kabam may loose a lot of focused players because of this.
  • Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    Loot bag icon on the home screen is often there for me and my Alliance members but it does nothing. Does not trigger any new events..... Despite "qualifying" for a Merc Missions on a daily basis we have not been able to play one..... in-game compensation would seem to be in order.
  • Options
    LightYagami85LightYagami85 Posts: 9
    @Kabam Miike it’s been said and written in game that the first 15 players to join any merc Mission will get 100 extra five stars shards.
    I would assume they get to us by ingame Message once the merc quests are ended.
    Because I checked to see it’s not getting instant paid on our accounts.
    Now there is an ingame message and there is no extra shards in it.
    Where are those 100 extra shards. We don’t get them. I asked around a little in my alliance and other alliances. Seems that’s wrong. Can u check that please?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Not going to lie, these side quests are garbage.
    • Way too time consuming when compared to previous events. Get tedious really quickly.
    • Timers force you to skip real life stuff to complete them. Serious things like work and sleep. Players can go days without seeing one if they have a regular job.
    • The frequent Merc Mission pop-ups without actually having one available need to be fixed.
    • Energy requirements and time commitments are higher than they should be for the rewards (when compared to previous events). These require ~15 minutes per level to explore, which is even more problematic if you can't really "step out for a few minutes" to do it if one procs during work.

To be honest, the Mad Titan events were the perfect balance. Plenty of time to complete them to allow players with real life stuff to be able to play as well. Awesome rewards. Good balance between effort, energy, and payouts. They genuinely made shards more available to everyone.

These current ones are only for those who have the ability to be online at any time. If I have to wake up for work at 6am, I sure as hell won't be waking up at 1am to do one.
  • Options
    In an effort at constructive feedback, let me suggest this:

(1) Timed events are fine, but when they are around for less than a 12 or 24 hour period, you inevitably disadvantage someone somewhere in a game that’s played globally. Events that open for only 4 hours at 2AM somewhere are dumb.

(2) Sliding scale for time/effort versus rewards—if it’s quick and easy, rewards ought to be lower. If it’s more time consuming and/or takes more resources, rewards should be higher. Players tend to have long memories about events and rewards and effort required.

(3) “Triggered” events need to have a trigger more like Domino’s abilities—which is to say a frequently-firing one. All you do is create frustration when players are waiting for some alliance member somewhere to magically trigger the right RNG sequence to open a special event and it never happens.

(4) Give players a reason to run all difficulties, at least once in a while. Trials did that, as have other events.

You guys always ask for constructive feedback. That’s what this is.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    After a great month for the Infinity War release, Kabam's event quests really disappointed me this month. Trials of the Titan had a comparable energy cost to this, but only allowed one difficulty to be played daily, besides day 7. This is often twice a day, 4 difficulties, 2 paths. If you want to chase X-Force shards, you're using about a whole energy refill per assignment.

Monthly event quest has the same issue. One map has a spiral with something like 7 nodes in a row with nothing on them. I don't expect every month to be like 3.2 Thanos, but the quests on either side of that one have used obnoxious level design that is aesthetically unappealing and wastes energy.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    For days now I will see the notice that a bounty mission is up and then it itsn't there. Don't really care as the rewards are garbage but it's obviously glitched right now.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    My ally hasn't triggered a mission on 2 days with many doing each assignment. God I hate these stupid "chance to trigger" events. That's a whole lot of shards to be sacrificed to RNGesus. Really puts the "lucky" alliance ahead of the "unlucky".
  • Options
    My ally hasn't triggered a mission on 2 days with many doing each assignment. God I hate these stupid "chance to trigger" events. That's a whole lot of shards to be sacrificed to RNGesus. Really puts the "lucky" alliance ahead of the "unlucky".

You guys’ Merc Missions have been Dominoed.

Dr. Zola