**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Appreciation

If we're being honest, appreciation month has been nice. Sure, some of it doesn't apply to some players... But they have to cover each part of the player base. And while I don't need xp, many do. So I hope everyone passed a ton of levels while they've had the chance.

A good bit of appreciation has been kinda so-so. The sig stones and halls of healing were nice, yes. But they still cost resources. It hasn't been bad on me, personally. I finished the monthly quest kinda early and have been able to get what I wanted from the halls and sig stones. But I'm sure having to choose between being appreciated and completing the monthly was tough on a lot of folks. Kabam gave with one hand and took with the other. But I guess that's how it goes.

Anyway, let's move on to appreciating everyone without the double edged sword. Appreciate in the way that says "hey, everyone has one thing they'd like to take back." Toss in one 4* rank down. It would help the entire player base. It wouldn't allow for pi tinkering to the point it would be problematic. It would be a nice mulligan. Something to show kabam actually gives a rip about the players... Instead of a "gift" that requires some giving to receive.

Yeah, I realize this will be flagged and trolls will rip me a new one. Idc tbh. If you don't want it, you wouldn't have to use it, but I doubt there would be any that wouldn't. It's the perfect gift. It shows actual appreciation, instead of costing you other resources. It wouldn't change the game on any grand level. It would simply allow ppl to correct a mistake they made along their path.

Anyway, flame away. It's what you do best.

Comments

• Options
    TarlungsTarlungs Posts: 113
    I've enjoyed it. I gained 3 lvls, the sig stones were great, lots of potions, didn't need the gold but the extra helps.
  • Options
    Yup, the gold was nice as well. Congrats on the levels!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Well said. If a rank down gem was offered I'd prefer a 5* one since my gambit was hit hard by diminishing returns and he's become weak. But I really wouldn't complain with a 4* or 5* rank down
  • Options
    That hurts. Gambit was always my fav in x-men. I was so excited to get him as a 4*. Have him duped twice now but he's just missing something.

You make a great point tho. Even if it's not a huge nerf across many champs, there are still subtle game changes that should allow for a rank down. I'm not asking to fill my inventory w them. A single would be very appreciated.
  • Options
    chunkyb wrote: »
    That hurts. Gambit was always my fav in x-men. I was so excited to get him as a 4*. Have him duped twice now but he's just missing something.

You make a great point tho. Even if it's not a huge nerf across many champs, there are still subtle game changes that should allow for a rank down. I'm not asking to fill my inventory w them. A single would be very appreciated.

Yup well I've spent 30k 5* shards on a great champ. I loved gambit when he first came out so I ranked him to rank 3, enjoyed him even more so I ranked him to rank 4. Using my t2 alphas. But then with diminishing returns it's made him weak in a lot of subtle ways that took its time for me to realise. Now, I've realised that I've spent 4 t2 alphas, 7 tier 4 mutant cats, 25 mutant 5* sig stones and 30k 5* shards on a champion that has effectively been nerfed by the new system. I'm not saying I deserve a rank down ticket but it feels bad.
  • Options
    I'll say you do lol. You don't have to say it. It's not right to invest in something to have its value taken away. This isn't the stock market.
  • Options
    Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Thank you for speaking up for people who are afraid to get flagged. Lol
  • Options
    Nothing wrong w speaking your mind imo. And you usually never get what you don't ask for. The only time I've noticed a real, positive response from kabam was when the voices were their loudest.

Despite usually being shouted down by forum trolls, there's nothing wrong with asking for rank downs imo.. As long as you're using a little bit of sense when doing so.

The @BitterSteel story is a common one. And if kabam is going to arbitrarily make changes to champs that weaken them or hurt their overall usability, rank down tickets are the correct and reasonable response. T4cc and t2 alphas are way too valuable to end up just wasted as a result of 'tweaks' the player has no control over and no prior knowledge of before ranking their champs.
  • Options
    Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    edited June 2017
    Nothing wrong w speaking your mind imo. And you usually never get what you don't ask for. The only time I've noticed a real, positive response from kabam was when the voices were their loudest.

Despite usually being shouted down by forum trolls, there's nothing wrong with asking for rank downs imo.. As long as you're using a little bit of sense when doing so.

The @BitterSteel story is a common one. And if kabam is going to arbitrarily make changes to champs that weaken them or hurt their overall usability, rank down tickets are the correct and reasonable response. T4cc and t2 alphas are way too valuable to end up just wasted as a result of 'tweaks' the player has no control over and no prior knowledge of before ranking their champs.

Now that you mention it, why should they give us rank down tickets again? That was suppose to be a one time thing. The only reason why there were rank down tickets in the first place was because of the Nerfs. Since most summoners placed SW, Thor, and Black Widow at rank 5/50, Kabam thought it would be nice if we could change our roster.

I do not know what you mean by weakening champions. There has been nothing but improvements since the "Great Nerf." Some examples are Spider Gwen; even if her L1 is useless she is still able to get up to 6 stacks of armor break. Winter Solider was fixed which made him more appreciated by people who have him as a 5*.

I also feel there is no reason why you should call me an "imo." First of all, that does not help you cause, it actually places a negative on your statement.
  • Options
    It's kinda laid out thru the whole thread
  • Options
    Dave2442 wrote: »

Now that you mention it, why should they give us rank down tickets again? That was suppose to be a one time thing. The only reason why there were rank down tickets in the first place was because of the Nerfs. Since most summoners placed SW, Thor, and Black Widow at rank 5/50, Kabam thought it would be nice if we could change our roster.

I do not know what you mean by weakening champions. There has been nothing but improvements since the "Great Nerf." Some examples are Spider Gwen; even if her L1 is useless she is still able to get up to 6 stacks of armor break. Winter Solider was fixed which made him more appreciated by people who have him as a 5*.

Personally I didn't have enough time to test out gambit with the diminishing returns, I only realised how much it affects him in the last few months, really only one 5* ticket would be amazing. Even if they didn't make them run out in the first place.
  • Options

I also feel there is no reason why you should call me an "imo." First of all, that does not help you cause, it actually places a negative on your statement.

Did the trolling get started or is this actual confusion?
    Imo is "in my opinion"
  • Options
    DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224

Personally I didn't have enough time to test out gambit with the diminishing returns, I only realised how much it affects him in the last few months, really only one 5* ticket would be amazing. Even if they didn't make them run out in the first place.

That's your fault. We were give 4* AND 5* rank down tickets and they didn't expire from inventory until a month after 12.0
  • Options
    DAVIDTH wrote: »

That's your fault. We were give 4* AND 5* rank down tickets and they didn't expire from inventory until a month after 12.0

I'd argue a month isn't enough time, especially when I only ranked gambit to rank 4 half way through the month we were given. So I essentially had 2 weeks after ranking him to test him
  • Options
    I'll never understand the "we already got em once, so we shouldn't get them again" argument. We've gotten heals, revives, energy refills, almost every item in the game. Should we just give up all hope of getting those items again? Hell, the only reason we got the rank downs then was because of an outcry from the community, not because kabam was preemptively nice.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★

Imo is "in my opinion"

Opinions that differ are trolling?

I'd argue a month isn't enough time, especially when I only ranked gambit to rank 4 half way through the month we were given. So I essentially had 2 weeks after ranking him to test him

But that was not really the point of them anyway the point was some champs got nerfed and they were given out to those champs to help out those that used them alot and relied on them gambit was not a champ that fell into this category so blaming them and saying u didn't have enough time dose not make much sense
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Imo is "in my opinion"

But that was not really the point of them anyway the point was some champs got nerfed and they were given out to those champs to help out those that used them alot and relied on them gambit was not a champ that fell into this category so blaming them and saying u didn't have enough time dose not make much sense

While they weren't aimed at champs who weren't directly nerfed, I'd say tickets were used mostly for champions who weren't nerfed. That's the case for my entire alliance and friends in other alliances. But I would argue that gambit WAS nerfed by diminishing returns. His L2 went from doing 60k damage to 25k damage. His basic attacks crits halved in damage. He feels weak and I think that we don't have enough time to test champions. The decision to make rank down tickets expire was a bad one.

It may have messed up the prestige slightly for a month but at the end of the day, the impact wouldn't have been that bad, things would level out. At the very least there should have been 1 ticket from each tier that doesn't expire.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Imo is "in my opinion"

While they weren't aimed at champs who weren't directly nerfed, I'd say tickets were used mostly for champions who weren't nerfed. That's the case for my entire alliance and friends in other alliances. But I would argue that gambit WAS nerfed by diminishing returns. His L2 went from doing 60k damage to 25k damage. His basic attacks crits halved in damage. He feels weak and I think that we don't have enough time to test champions. The decision to make rank down tickets expire was a bad one.

It may have messed up the prestige slightly for a month but at the end of the day, the impact wouldn't have been that bad, things would level out. At the very least there should have been 1 ticket from each tier that doesn't expire.

Someone could always argue they don't have enough time for a choice at one point a decision needs to be made same could be said for any time based event we get think about the people who said I missed the cuttoff by x I deserve what they got yet didn't put up the effort for it
    And yeah it would imbalance things if they made them a normal purchase thing think about it

People with big rosters would just reset the roster any time a time based event dropped making things impossible for little rosters
    It's worth noting rank down tickets were not COMPENSAITON gifts they were adjustment packages for the new game after 12.0 to help people who had there champs hit hard u had gambit for 2 weeks not as serious as a guy who used Thor as his main tank since day one of Thor dropping and having him hit with a nerf
  • Options
    Reading comprehension is hard, I guess.

1- the dude said I called him an "imo". I was explaining what "imo" means. That's very easy to understand if you read. The trolling comment was bc I couldn't figure out if he genuinely thought I called him something.

2- nobody is asking for "compensation"... I'm requesting it as "appreciation". And only requesting 1, which would not allow for roster resets or any amount of pi tinkering... As (again) was explained earlier in the thread.

Regardless of all that, it's pretty much impossible to come up with a valid reason as to why 1 rank down ticket would be a bad thing. You can call it a mulligan for a mistake or whatever you want, really. I'm sure we all have at least one ranked champ we don't rly care about or use for one reason or another. Again, it's just "appreciation"
  • Options
    What u want is a free do over
  • Options
    U can call a duck a fish won't change the fact it's a duck
  • Options
    What does it matter what it's called? Nothing wrong with asking for what you want. What's wrong with wanting a rank down ticket? Why is it so bad? Folks on here act like it's some sort of evil. You wouldn't benefit from it?
  • Options
    In the end, we're never going to get fair compensation. The list of things we SHOULD get it for is long. The number of crashes during aq is just one issue. Proper compensation is returning champs to their previous health... And that'll never happen. So we're not talking compensation. We're talking what I (and many others) would like during this so called time of appreciation.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    At that point I want a free five star that can promise me voodoo won't change much and cause crazy things to happen
    Screw rank down tickets just give a few cats instead
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
  • Options

But this is asking for something. Not calling something that is pre existing. Continuing your metaphor, I'm not calling a duck a fish, I'm asking for a duck or a fish
  • Options

But this is asking for something. Not calling something that is pre existing. Continuing your metaphor, I'm not calling a duck a fish, I'm asking for a duck or a fish

The point of that was to show u u can say something nice like a politician does but in the end everyone knows the truth u can say I want this as appriciation but in the end u just want a free do over
  • Options

Imo is "in my opinion"

Someone could always argue they don't have enough time for a choice at one point a decision needs to be made same could be said for any time based event we get think about the people who said I missed the cuttoff by x I deserve what they got yet didn't put up the effort for it
    And yeah it would imbalance things if they made them a normal purchase thing think about it

People with big rosters would just reset the roster any time a time based event dropped making things impossible for little rosters
    It's worth noting rank down tickets were not COMPENSAITON gifts they were adjustment packages for the new game after 12.0 to help people who had there champs hit hard u had gambit for 2 weeks not as serious as a guy who used Thor as his main tank since day one of Thor dropping and having him hit with a nerf

I never said make it a normal purchase thing. Check my posts. Never wrote that. You're putting words into my mouth (or typing letters on my fingers? Hmm that saying doesnt work as well when it's typed)

No you misunderstand. I only had gambit as a rank 4 for two weeks. I had him since he first came out which I believe was August 2016, and I used him a lot. Thought he was awesome, used him in aq/aw where I needed him, questing arena etc. Then I rank 4 him and he gets hit by diminishing returns, so him as a rank 4 with deminishing returns is a little bit stronger than a rank 3 without diminishing returns , I just assumed that was the normal progression and didn't think the new system would hit him that hard. But it took longer than the time I had to work it out.
  • Options

The point of that was to show u u can say something nice like a politician does but in the end everyone knows the truth u can say I want this as appriciation but in the end u just want a free do over

I would like this because I don't think people had enough time to figure out the new system. I think there was enough time to figure out the new champs because yeah, there were only 7 nerfs, so that's 7 champions to use for 45mins to test them, and see what's changed. Easily achievable in a month. But for the system you have to test all your champs to see what's changed. I have 70 4* and 12 5* so 45 minutes each is 60 hours to spend testing champs. It's simply not enough time to do in a month especially with Aq/Aw going on.
  • Options
    **** at that point I want a free five star that can promise me voodoo won't change much and cause crazy things to happen

Imo is "in my opinion"

I never said make it a normal purchase thing. Check my posts. Never wrote that. You're putting words into my mouth (or typing letters on my fingers? Hmm that saying doesnt work as well when it's typed)

No you misunderstand. I only had gambit as a rank 4 for two weeks. I had him since he first came out which I believe was August 2016, and I used him a lot. Thought he was awesome, used him in aq/aw where I needed him, questing arena etc. Then I rank 4 him and he gets hit by diminishing returns, so him as a rank 4 with deminishing returns is a little bit stronger than a rank 3 without diminishing returns , I just assumed that was the normal progression and didn't think the new system would hit him that hard. But it took longer than the time I had to work it out.

I apologize got my rank down threads mixed
  • Options

I would like this because I don't think people had enough time to figure out the new system. I think there was enough time to figure out the new champs because yeah, there were only 7 nerfs, so that's 7 champions to use for 45mins to test them, and see what's changed. Easily achievable in a month. But for the system you have to test all your champs to see what's changed. I have 70 4* and 12 5* so 45 minutes each is 60 hours to spend testing champs. It's simply not enough time to do in a month especially with Aq/Aw going on.

That argument will always be MADE tho some people take more time then others like I said at one point a decision has to be made on a time frame