**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drax update - His main ability is now useless

Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
After lots of threads about Magik, AA and Blade nerf/update/whatever let's talk about Drax.

Drax has got a unique 6-hits combo with a double first hit on medium.

And this unique ability made him able to logically intercept Mordo's Astral Evade (while Mordo started to evade, Drax hit him with the 2nd part of his specific double hit on medium).

It also made him able to partially counter OG Spidey's passive evade on the same mechanic (same with NC). It was not a bug, it was how Drax used to work.

That's why lots of summoners ranked him up up to 5r4.

Now Drax's unique combo doesn't work anymore. It's not a fix, it's a nerf. I've read mods answers talking about framerate improvement that causes faster reaction from AI and so evasion improvement. Let me say that is completely irrelevant. Framerate has nothing to do with how Drax' combo works.

I really hope Kabam will undo their changes about that champ.

https://youtu.be/IFKT4edNbB4

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto

Comments

• Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Riceman wrote: »
    Apparently it wasn't a direct nerf to the champ, but instead a change to frame rates.

Please read my 1st post again. I've already said that framerate has nothing to see with how Drax works. His double hit is not a double hit anymore. Two hits, one evade, no effect on 2nd hit.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    The ability to counter evade that way with a double hit at the beginning of the combo wasn't actually intended. It was a glitch/bug, and now it was "accidentaly" fixed
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Kabam has said since Mordo released this was a bug. Surprised it took them this long to fix it.
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Kabam has said since Mordo released this was a bug. Surprised it took them this long to fix it.

I haven't see anything from the mods for Ultron, Spidey, etc. about a bugged Drax. That is irrelevant.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    He isn't saying the 6 hits is a bug he's saying the fact that it countered evades was a bug
  • hulky_bulkyhulky_bulky Posts: 3
    I don't get how this is a framerate fix. mordos astral evade can be bypassed by the double hit in elektra's and x23's heavies. that still works after the update, this "framerate fix" apparently only affects drax, which makes little sense. can someone with domino test the double hit on mordo?
    edited June 2018
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    He isn't saying the 6 hits is a bug he's saying the fact that it countered evades was a bug

You don't get that it's not really a counter... i.e. : Against Spidey, Drax launches his first hit, Spidey evades, 2nd hit lands. And sometimes Spidey evades both. That was logical and fair.

Drax had 6 tries to hit Spidey in a combo and Spidey had a chance to evade on each of the 6 shots. Now they're only 5 shots left.
    I don't get how this is a framerate fix. mordos astral evade can be bypassed by the double hit in elektra's and x23's heavies. that still works after the update, this "framerate fix" apparently only affects drax, which makes little sense. can someone with domino test the double hit on mordo?

Double hit doesn't exist anymore. It only became an animation.
  • hulky_bulkyhulky_bulky Posts: 3
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Double hit doesn't exist anymore. It only became an animation.

Double hit exists, it did not "only become an animation". look at the combo meter.

And how do you explain the double hit in x23 and elekra's heavy attacks countering mordo's evade?
    DrZola wrote: »
    Reliance. At some point the game team should take responsibility for the fact that they create the game—not us—and we rely on the rules they put in place to play the game. When those rules get changed, especially after they have been in place for long stretches, that’s the time to take responsibility.

This current game team refuses to take responsibility for anything—even blatantly inaccurate information on their part. It’s our devices, our connection, our frame rate...

Dr. Zola

Absolutely. They designed Drax this way on day 1. So too easy now to say "he's not working as intended".
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    I thought the problem was that evade champs now do full screen evading. Also, you can no longer dexterity two times quickly. Tried to dexterity spiderman 1 bar 5 times and I could do it before the update, and now my dude just stands there after the first dexterity
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    I took my 5* drax to r4 and this was one of the 2 reasons why. He was my go to for Mordo.

While his fury stacks and bleed are pretty good, i would not have ranked him up without the astral evade counter ability.

I'm tired of Kabam changing things like this. Will you change everything that helps players?? It sure seems that way.

They confirmed that his "counter" to astral evade was an bug many many many times so you ranking him up cause of that is on you.
    edited June 2018
    I took my 5* drax to r4 and this was one of the 2 reasons why. He was my go to for Mordo.

While his fury stacks and bleed are pretty good, i would not have ranked him up without the astral evade counter ability.

I'm tired of Kabam changing things like this. Will you change everything that helps players?? It sure seems that way.

They confirmed that his "counter" to astral evade was an bug many many many times so you ranking him up cause of that is on you.

Did you read the entire post? I'm not talking only about Mordo... All Spidey versions, both Ultrons, BW, and all passive evaders are affected by Drax's combo.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »

Did you read the entire post? I'm not talking only about Mordo... All Spidey versions, both Ultrons, BW, and all passive evaders are affected by Drax's combo.

Yes. They confirmed that this was a bug that was affecting all evades, not only astral evade
  • TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    It is not really the double hit failing or frame rate they increased the distance on evade to a full screen instead of one hit
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    It’s not just that he is not hitting them, they now have ultra special evades for drax where they are absurdly dashing back the entire screen

Just did a quick test. It looks like you're right... Spidey evades 3 miles away only on Drax 1st hit. So devs made sure opponents can bypass Drax' ability.

#RankDownTicketForDrax
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    If Drax actually had some other sort of use then it wouldn’t be a big deal. We all still have skills enough to do these fights the hard/slow/painful way.

But the thing is it was ALL Drax had going for him. And now he has nothing at all going for him. I struggle to think of any other champ with less use and utility. Drax was a reasonable character before. Definitely not top tier, but a good bit of extra utility to have in the arsenal. Now he is bottom tier for sure.

Rank down tickets should absolutely be issued, but they should also grant the awakening gem and signature stones back as well.

Kabam values 5* awakening gems so so highly. That’s why they cost 7million dust to get ONE of them of a random class. Using a 5* awakening gem is a big deal in this game. In my mind it’s more important than the T2 alphas. Although the T2 alphas are close to the most valuable commodity in game themselves.

I think all Kabam employees with personal accounts should be forced to use their first generic 5* gem on Drax, and forced to choose him as their first R5 5* champ. Then maybe they’d realise how useless he is now.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far as he does have decent bleed and fury BUT that doesn't take away from the fact thsat his niche has always been bypassing those things.

Apparently kabam is on a champ niche manhunt currently!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Peppel ther where ranking Drax to counter evade to Main ha a sens it was Not icdens to be sry my english com from Danmark.
This discussion has been closed.