**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drax update - His main ability is now useless

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    JC_ wrote: »
    I don’t have Drax as a 5 star, I do have AA as a 5 star, I actually pulled him the very day this all blew up. I haven’t ranked him yet.

I do agree with @GroundedWisdom that much of the uproar is simply because people want to guilt Kabam into rank down tickets....HOWEVER I don’t see how it could possibly be a problem to grant specific AA and Drax rd tickets that can’t be used for any other champs.

I would be very angry had I invested t2alpha, sig stones, etc. into these champs.

The right thing to do is champ specific RDT’s.

No, I’m not trying to guilt Kabam for giving a RDT (You can’t guilt someone without conscience).
    I’m against RDT even tho I can use one myself.
    With RDT I’m sure some players will rank down their champs just because now they have a better option and it will make AW much harder (actually I’m surprised Kabam didn’t give RDT just for that reason)
    What I want is transparency.
    If they know about a bug, they need to say something as soon as possible.
    And if they failed to bring this information to the comunity on time and the champ is out there for a year, they need to leave him alone... it’s not like it’s a game changer ability. The new champs are WAY more powerful that drax’s medium or AA’s stun.

Taking away a specific ability is not fair. I want my resources back because I ranked up my 5 star Drax for his ability against evade champs. It wasn't a bug it was how Drax was designed.

#RankDownTicketForDrax

OR

#BringBackDraxAbility

Okay then ... Bypassing astral evade was never an ability that drax had, or any of the other champions that wrongly do it.
    No rank down ticket needed. No abilitt was taken away. Something that was confirmed to be a buh was fixed, and thats it.

Please stop focusing on Mordo. We are talking about much more than Astral evade.
    And yes, Drax ability is gone. It's a fact.

glxvh1xnnp1a.png

Look at this and telle me one more time that Drax combo wasn't his ability.

We are talking about Astral evade, not Vulture buff. They are two different abilities that work differently and have nothing in common.
    So yes, bypassing astral evade is not an ability that drax possess.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    I don’t have Drax as a 5 star, I do have AA as a 5 star, I actually pulled him the very day this all blew up. I haven’t ranked him yet.

I do agree with @GroundedWisdom that much of the uproar is simply because people want to guilt Kabam into rank down tickets....HOWEVER I don’t see how it could possibly be a problem to grant specific AA and Drax rd tickets that can’t be used for any other champs.

I would be very angry had I invested t2alpha, sig stones, etc. into these champs.

No, I’m not trying to guilt Kabam for giving a RDT (You can’t guilt someone without conscience).
    With RDT I’m sure some players will rank down their champs just because now they have a better option and it will make AW much harder (actually I’m surprised Kabam didn’t give RDT just for that reason)
    And if they failed to bring this information to the comunity on time and the champ is out there for a year, they need to leave him alone... it’s not like it’s a game changer ability. The new champs are WAY more powerful that drax’s medium or AA’s stun.

Taking away a specific ability is not fair. I want my resources back because I ranked up my 5 star Drax for his ability against evade champs. It wasn't a bug it was how Drax was designed.

#RankDownTicketForDrax

OR

#BringBackDraxAbility

Okay then ... Bypassing astral evade was never an ability that drax had, or any of the other champions that wrongly do it.
    No rank down ticket needed. No abilitt was taken away. Something that was confirmed to be a buh was fixed, and thats it.

Please stop focusing on Mordo. We are talking about much more than Astral evade.

glxvh1xnnp1a.png

We are talking about Astral evade, not Vulture buff. They are two different abilities that work differently and have nothing in common.

No, no, no, and no. We are not talking about Mordo for God's sake...

If Kabam wants to improve Astral evade, let it be. But they're not improving Mordo, they're nerfing Drax against all evade champs. Do you get it now?
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    great drax is now useless again..great job ffs
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★

#RankDownTicketForDrax

OR

#BringBackDraxAbility

glxvh1xnnp1a.png

Actually they changed drax and then found this interaction was a bug. After review they decided to keep it and posted such info on the forums. So it is indeed a nerf since they decided to keep this design.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »

#RankDownTicketForDrax

OR

#BringBackDraxAbility

glxvh1xnnp1a.png

Actually they changed drax and then found this interaction was a bug. After review they decided to keep it and posted such info on the forums. So it is indeed a nerf since they decided to keep this design.

They changed drax before mordo was released. Then they confirmed this interactio to be a bug, and not something that should happen
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I do believe they are reading and I have confidence they have taken this to the game team for further discussions. Let’s just be patient.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Kabam isn't just on a witch hunt for Champions. You see how many posters are currently "jailbirds"?

#KabamsCensorGameOnPoint
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    I just recently rank4 my 5* drax due to 2 of my t2alpha is about to expired in the stash and dont have any option.. he is useless after this 18.1 update. Hopefully a rank down ticket by the end of this year would help me ease the pain.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    First of all, I think it should be noted that comparing astral evade to decoy isn't extremely valid. Astral evade actually moves Mordo's body away from Drax, and simultaneously throws a projectile that causes degen. Previously, Drax was able to catch Mordo before the projectile was thrown, therefore making him able to continue a combo. Vulture's decoy is an entirely different mechanic. It is basically Hood's invisibility- the first hit that would make contact with Vulture will actually miss (whiff) instead. Drax was stated as a counter to decoy because while the first medium hit would whiff, the second would still be fast enough to continue attacking before the computer manually dashes back.

That being said, I still think this issue needs to be reconsidered by Kabam. As I stated before, even though this change to frame rates may not have been done to intentionally nerf Drax, it still negatively affects the way he functions, taking away a beneficial trait which players could use to counter tricky fights like Mordo or Classic Ultron. Before Domino, Drax was the only champ with a double hit first medium, giving him quite a unique niche. Players are now upset that this anomaly was removed, therefore changing all of Drax's interactions with evade champs. This is further worsened by the fact that Drax was never super powerful to begin with. Now, those of us that have him 4/55 are simply left with a mediocre damage dealer with low prestige and no utility.
    taojay1 wrote: »
    First of all, I think it should be noted that comparing astral evade to decoy isn't extremely valid. Astral evade actually moves Mordo's body away from Drax, and simultaneously throws a projectile that causes degen. Previously, Drax was able to catch Mordo before the projectile was thrown, therefore making him able to continue a combo. Vulture's decoy is an entirely different mechanic. It is basically Hood's invisibility- the first hit that would make contact with Vulture will actually miss (whiff) instead. Drax was stated as a counter to decoy because while the first medium hit would whiff, the second would still be fast enough to continue attacking before the computer manually dashes back.

That being said, I still think this issue needs to be reconsidered by Kabam. As I stated before, even though this change to frame rates may not have been done to intentionally nerf Drax, it still negatively affects the way he functions, taking away a beneficial trait which players could use to counter tricky fights like Mordo or Classic Ultron. Before Domino, Drax was the only champ with a double hit first medium, giving him quite a unique niche. Players are now upset that this anomaly was removed, therefore changing all of Drax's interactions with evade champs. This is further worsened by the fact that Drax was never super powerful to begin with. Now, those of us that have him 4/55 are simply left with a mediocre damage dealer with low prestige and no utility.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole Drax situation. What makes it worst for me was that I didn’t even realize his medium double hit vs Evade champs was gone till I read thru the whole post. I was both lucky and glad I didn’t have to find out the hard way.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    @Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Loto just curious if there was any input or if this had be "communicated with the dev team" to look into
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Plantesan wrote: »
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    I took my 5* drax to r4 and this was one of the 2 reasons why. He was my go to for Mordo.

While his fury stacks and bleed are pretty good, i would not have ranked him up without the astral evade counter ability.

I'm tired of Kabam changing things like this. Will you change everything that helps players?? It sure seems that way.

They confirmed that his "counter" to astral evade was an bug many many many times so you ranking him up cause of that is on you.

Yet it took them this long to make the fix? whatever, we are taking a risk whenever we rank champs up. No need to drive the heel in further

Yes just like how it took them a literal year to fix the Quake aftershock stunning through specials glitch. Not everything can be fixed right away.

Can't help but bring up Cap Marvel and Miss Marvel, I think that was literally two years. If not it was close to that.
    @Kabam Miike Any hope to get a reaction some day?
    @Kabam Porthos I saw your post on the other thread. Official response planned on this?
  • SligSlig Posts: 343 ★★
    Would be nice to get a moderator comment here.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    r6qio23r8ddh.png
    pyextrledqva.png

Why are you quoting random people that are not Kabam employees? makes no sense
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

@GroundedWisdom I am VERY disappointed in you. As long as I’ve been on he forums you’ve ALWAYS been against nerfing as a whole and in exchanges with me have always been adamant about that (remember pre-v12 with WP and MD? Good times).

But people have been pulling up mods activivly saying it’s unintentional but they’d leave it for a week now. It was never written down but neither was DD&DDn bypassing invisible. If this was removed well who cares right? What about Magik being able to heal a little at a time by abusing Limbo and recovery? It’s considered a heal wen though it’s suppised to go to exactly where it was before limbo started. If this little trick was removed?

It was acknowledged, promoted, encouraged, and a REASON to invest in him over others for over a YEAR AND A HALF! A year and almsot 7 months to be exact since Mordo’s spotlight and official debut.

AND IF YOU DON’T BELEIVE THAT KABAM LITERALLY SAID TO USE THE UNIQUE INTERACTION THAN READ THIS
    okp6c9i9bfla.png

I dont see any Mordo in that pic
    gohard123 wrote: »
    I dont see any Mordo in that pic

No. But do you see the fact Kabam admit the Drax's specific ability with his first or not?

Pretty tired to explain to ppl who don't get game mechanics.
    Let’s just take a chill pill guys. A Kabam moderator has already closed the other thread and directed those who wish to engaged in healthy discussions here. That means that they are actively taking note on what we are saying and would act on and reply when they have something for us. Keep the discussion healthy, state your case and let them review and act on it.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I call shenanigans on the frame-rate adjustment being the thing that changed Drax.

Are we really to believe that a frame-rate adjustment to the entire game ONLY effected Drax's ability to bypass AE and evade champs? I don't believe it for a second. It doesn't even make logical sense unless, of course, a mod would like to explain how this works exactly? I would love to be corrected on this somehow.

Frame-rate adjustment would affect pretty much all mechanics of game-play for LOTS of champs across the entire game, including ALL of the other bugs mentioned on the forum, like whiffing, combo hits missing, blocking in the middle of a special, parry window, intercept window, attack after special window, or anything timing related, etc.

It actually doesn't seem all that unusual to me. For one thing, they've been saying for a long time that this was not an ability, it was due to a local timing issue. Race conditions often hinge on very odd and unusual circumstances. The other reason why I've always believed Kabam was correct in this instance is that while Drax's behavior seemed pretty reliable, other champs with similar effects like Elektra and X-23 were not: they *sometimes* worked and sometimes didn't work against evade, in unpredictable fashion. That supported Kabam's assertion that this was not a true ability, but just a wonky unintended behavior.

And extremely tiny and subtle changes to the way the game client processes timing and events can have difficult to predict effects. Every time they make a change to the underlying engine and a small percentage of the players start claiming that parry is broken or something similar, while everyone else doesn't notice anything, demonstrates how sensitive the game is to individual circumstances. The idea that every game change will affect everything consistently doesn't seem to be true. If game changes can affect different players in different ways, it can certainly affect different animation sequences in different ways.

You make some good points but again, across ALL devices Drax ALWAYS worked against Mordo and evade champs. All devices, always. That is a potential HUGE pool for device OS, configuration, and speed, and it worked the same on ALL of them. Until now. Kabam then acts like this was "buggy" or something, and they fixed it.
    On a second note, as far as "intended" and "true ability" and the wording that Kabam uses in the descriptions is worth a large amount of scrutiny right now I believe. There's a lack of trust in that area across the boards it seems.
    No. But do you see the fact Kabam admit the Drax's specific ability with his first or not?

Pretty tired to explain to ppl who don't get game mechanics.

Lmao "people who don't understand game mechanics". You cant be serious, you cant even tell the difference between Vulture Decoy and mordo's astral evade. Vulture's Decoy is closer Hoods invisibility where attacks miss (not evaded), in vulture's case the miss is only on the first hit. It is not the same as an evade. Its always Gold 1 alliance members that think they know everything.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I'll leave this idea here.

Kabam: How about, previously intended or not, just make Drax's double hit work on evade and Astral evade. Just give to the community and give him the ability officially. Make the ability official and put it in his description and surprise the heck out of everyone. Why not, honestly?
    No one should be upset by this since we have all already assumed this to be working properly.
    You could use some PR. Win win.

Think about it.
This discussion has been closed.