**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drax update - His main ability is now useless

Comments

• Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    we can all agree that we are constantly getting our gameplay mechanics adjusted while the AI is getting adjusted to just be perfect against us. can anyone else remember when dashing forward didnt always end up in the AI perfectly countering the intercepting EVERY.DAMN.TIME?

our parry timing is always tuned. block timing and recovery tuned too. everything is tuned against us and we have no way of knowing cause its never released in game notes/patch notes and why would it be BUT we as players can always feel when something is off.

i will say constructive that they need to stop messing with our gameplay mechanics and LEAVE IT ALONE.

fix bugs first and old champs if you need something to work on.

at this point I dont care for new content as its always a pain to play thru it with stupid bugs and issues that the GAME TEAM never catches.

we should be paid for finding bugs and issues when the game team CANT.

drax was clearly tuned and the evidence is quite clear.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I don’t have Drax as a 5 star, I do have AA as a 5 star, I actually pulled him the very day this all blew up. I haven’t ranked him yet.

I do agree with @GroundedWisdom that much of the uproar is simply because people want to guilt Kabam into rank down tickets....HOWEVER I don’t see how it could possibly be a problem to grant specific AA and Drax rd tickets that can’t be used for any other champs.

I would be very angry had I invested t2alpha, sig stones, etc. into these champs.

The right thing to do is champ specific RDT’s.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    First: move set is also some kind of ability. Exactly as champs that has regular projectile hits, or special that can be evaded, or specials that cannot be evaded etc.. not all champs are equal.
    Second: if it’s a bug, why not fixing also Phoenix last medium hit that also trigger two hits without a chance to connect it to special attack? Maybe because it’s not a move set we can use to our advantage?!
    Third: same as the “nerf/bug fix” to Archangel’s stun, if you knew it’s a bug, why you didn’t say anything long long time ago?! This behavior was well known since mordo was released. Why there is no transperity between you and the community? I know many people that rank him just because of mordo.
    Forth: what else is hiding between the old champs that is a bug and we don’t know about it? Why is it so hard for you to publish a list with know issues and maybe even ETA for fix?
    Fifth: put mordo aside for a second, the reason drax’s double hit on first medium was useful against champs with evade is because evade still bugged. The champ counter with his own hit with the same frame set of his evade, but because drax has two hits he was able to counter them sooner. Why won’t you fix this first?!
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    JC_ wrote: »
    I don’t have Drax as a 5 star, I do have AA as a 5 star, I actually pulled him the very day this all blew up. I haven’t ranked him yet.

I do agree with @GroundedWisdom that much of the uproar is simply because people want to guilt Kabam into rank down tickets....HOWEVER I don’t see how it could possibly be a problem to grant specific AA and Drax rd tickets that can’t be used for any other champs.

I would be very angry had I invested t2alpha, sig stones, etc. into these champs.

No, I’m not trying to guilt Kabam for giving a RDT (You can’t guilt someone without conscience).
    I’m against RDT even tho I can use one myself.
    With RDT I’m sure some players will rank down their champs just because now they have a better option and it will make AW much harder (actually I’m surprised Kabam didn’t give RDT just for that reason)
    What I want is transparency.
    If they know about a bug, they need to say something as soon as possible.
    And if they failed to bring this information to the comunity on time and the champ is out there for a year, they need to leave him alone... it’s not like it’s a game changer ability. The new champs are WAY more powerful that drax’s medium or AA’s stun.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Carmel1 wrote: »

No, I’m not trying to guilt Kabam for giving a RDT (You can’t guilt someone without conscience).
    With RDT I’m sure some players will rank down their champs just because now they have a better option and it will make AW much harder (actually I’m surprised Kabam didn’t give RDT just for that reason)
    And if they failed to bring this information to the comunity on time and the champ is out there for a year, they need to leave him alone... it’s not like it’s a game changer ability. The new champs are WAY more powerful that drax’s medium or AA’s stun.

Taking away a specific ability is not fair. I want my resources back because I ranked up my 5 star Drax for his ability against evade champs. It wasn't a bug it was how Drax was designed.

#RankDownTicketForDrax

OR

#BringBackDraxAbility
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    I have never once asked or even mentioned getting a rank down ticket. But they either need to fix drax or give us rank downs. Tier 2 alpha are far too valuable and drax has zero utility now.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Rank down tickets are overdue
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Got to say initially I thought this only affected his ability to counter Mordo’s astral evade which I’m fine with it. I have other champs to use on Mordo so it is not a big deal. After reading the posts here I took my Drax to take on Spider-Man and NC and like what some of you said, it is indeed not working anymore.

I implore Kabam to revisit Drax’s changes again and come to an arrangement that is fair to the player base because older champions are already severely handicapped because of their outdated abilities as compared to the newer champions. TBH, Drax holds a special place in my heart being my first R4 and the one that got me my legend title and to have him “fixed” is only weakening his already outdated abilities.

Now I’m in agreement that players have to live with their rank up decisions but to go and further change a old champion’s mechanics is unnecessary and if this is the change that Kabam intended, at least allow the player to take him down a level with a champion specific RDT.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Let’s not forget that faction of forum folk that think saying along the lines of “you made the rank up decision, get over it if kabam pulled a 180 on that champ” is ok...

I’m one of those folks that got 5* drax and had him duped multiple times before saying to heck with it and invested in him to r4. The AE bypass was a convenient part to him, but also realized that he was a solid fighter if you didn’t luck out with Thor or Hyperion early on...

Where I take issue in this whole thing is when our decisions are questioned, when the RNG gods favored others and forced some of us to work with what we had.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    In order to nerf it, it would have to be a part of his design. Which it wasn't. The fact that a Mod suggested using him as he was then doesn't give license to oweing something if he's fixed. All this is about is Tickets. Any avenue possible. I wish they never introduced them. The bottom line is Drax was designed long before Mordo was even introduced. He wasn't made for, or designed for, being a counter to Mordo. It's not reasonable to expect Resources back because that's what people use him for.

@GroundedWisdom I am VERY disappointed in you. As long as I’ve been on he forums you’ve ALWAYS been against nerfing as a whole and in exchanges with me have always been adamant about that (remember pre-v12 with WP and MD? Good times).

But people have been pulling up mods activivly saying it’s unintentional but they’d leave it for a week now. It was never written down but neither was DD&DDn bypassing invisible. If this was removed well who cares right? What about Magik being able to heal a little at a time by abusing Limbo and recovery? It’s considered a heal wen though it’s suppised to go to exactly where it was before limbo started. If this little trick was removed?

It was acknowledged, promoted, encouraged, and a REASON to invest in him over others for over a YEAR AND A HALF! A year and almsot 7 months to be exact since Mordo’s spotlight and official debut.

AND IF YOU DON’T BELEIVE THAT KABAM LITERALLY SAID TO USE THE UNIQUE INTERACTION THAN READ THIS
    okp6c9i9bfla.png
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Okay, that's a whole lot of spaces to fill in. The issue with Mordo was his Animation. He wasn't specifically promoted or designed for Mordo. It just worked out that way. Vulture is a separate Champ, and a separate issue from Astral Evade. Nothing about Drax suggests he should bypass it by design. In fact, I'm pretty sure we were all aware it was a freebie.
    As for being against nerfs, I've supported the changes with 12.0. I've been pretty consistent with that. I'm against suggesting nerfing new Champs, yes. Such changes are way too premature. Unless there is some necessary factor such as an exploitable situation, or completely essential reason. I'm not fond of changes such as those, but it's not a nerf when it's the result of mechanics that are out of sync. Nowhere did it say that Drax was meant to bypass Astral Evade, and no one forced anyone to Rank him for that reason.
    Nowhere did it say that Drax was meant to bypass Astral Evade, and no one forced anyone to Rank him for that reason.

Daredevil vs Hood…
    X23 and AA heavy VS Astral Evade

I mean even YOU have to admit it’s a LITTLE suspect that all the actual nerfs that DID happen are happening to Thor, DS, SW, SL (lol), BW and now DRAX!

And in terms of bugs AA had been stunning the Immune since day 1 while Magik had the “magically appearing stolen power” bug for under a week and they were patched at the same time.

I don’t care about V12… as much as I’d LOVE DS back for Medusa that probs won’t happen in the near future

But this doesn’t change the fact that his 1st M attack always did that for over a year! Simply moving Mordo back further would have worked, making him unstoppable/invincible for a second (kinda like the Phoenix bug where she’s secretly unstoppable)… they claimed it wasnt a simple fix but in 1 minute I came up with 2 that would be stupidly easy to implement.

AND AS FOR THE VULTURE REMARK: it’s literally built in dexterity which is… AN EVADE SIMILAR TO… ASTRAL EVADE

BOTH Decoy and AE are affected by AV who specifically reduces evasion

They literally promoted Drax as bypassing an Evade ability and now they’re removing it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    You keep calling it a nerf to Drax. It was not. He was never meant to bypass it. You're reacting as if it was some conspiracy.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    @DrZola I see your posts on threads occasionally and I do appreciate your input sir. Please continue to add your logic and perspective as it is appreciated.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    edited June 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    Reliance. At some point the game team should take responsibility for the fact that they create the game—not us—and we rely on the rules they put in place to play the game. When those rules get changed, especially after they have been in place for long stretches, that’s the time to take responsibility.

This current game team refuses to take responsibility for anything—even blatantly inaccurate information on their part. It’s our devices, our connection, our frame rate...

Dr. Zola

Game team must give rank down tickets whenever there is particular change in champion,this way changing of rules might work and people stay in this game.
    Everyone knows doing one thing continuously make human boring and frustrating which results summoner to leave the gamei.e. in this case playing game and unnecessary nerfs. I mean come on man if you want to nerf a champion why you design it like god tier or something and then nerf?! you guys have plenty of time to design ,it should be perfectly balanced,but you guys giving him god abilities and make him slave .
    Lots of improvement needed game team otherwise it going to be hard to have many Summoners. Day by day new games are launching on marvel universe ,many of us here are true marvel fans ,if any other game overpower mcoc then it will be hard to rejoin.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto Can we have some official reaction about this?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Has anyone tested whether drax works against vulture as stated in vultures spotlight still?
    You keep calling it a nerf to Drax. It was not. He was never meant to bypass it. You're reacting as if it was some conspiracy.

They recommended USING A BUG! There are actual screenshots floating around of them LIKING the bug. The strategy and tips were never corrected by mods saying it’s a bug and not to rely on it. And I hate to say this again but a YEAR AND A HALF!

And if it TRULY was a “frame rate adjustment” the why are other champs still doing it?

And again you have to realize they HAD mechanics in place since a mere 4 weeks before being added. Simple passive unblockable/indestructible, dash further while shooting… OR BETTER YET: DASH FURTHER BACK AND JUST HAVE IT APPEAR LIKE WITH WHAT THEY EVENTUALLY DID WITH VULTURE!

Seeing how there is/was a trinity of Mordo killers why was only a single one effected by this? Why not AA or X23 who literally just T1000 their way through it only missing a single hit on their heavy attacks? And Drax was easily the worst of them in the grand scheme to begin with. He just hit fast enough that his reach allowed his second hit to land before being able to pull off the AE animation and as he no longer counted as stunned it didn’t trigger another AE

OH YEAH! Just keep him stunned until after so he evaded both but only lands 1 Degen…

Seriously a year… AND A HALF and I just gave 4 solutions, 3 already capable, in less than 12 hours
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I don't get how this is a framerate fix. mordos astral evade can be bypassed by the double hit in elektra's and x23's heavies. that still works after the update, this "framerate fix" apparently only affects drax, which makes little sense. can someone with domino test the double hit on mordo?

elektras heavy is not 100% to bypass it... sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt... it is to do with the speed at which the two hits make contact.
    it seems now drax makes contact too quickly and it is counting as 1 instead of 2 hits.

drax bypassed astral evade not by his design but by design of astral evade. drax mad 2 hits instead of one that were far enough apart yets till close enough to hit mordo the second time as he was moving before he triggered the degen effectively interupting his attack.
    drax was not designed to do this and it is not listed in his abilities because mordo did not exist when drax camme out.
    ever since mordo has been around drax has done this. if this was not intended to happen the culprit here is not drax and is infact mordo. if mordo was the broken buggy champ then mordo should have been fixed.
    when they released mordo they should have known this happened with drax. and they did. and they left it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »

Taking away a specific ability is not fair. I want my resources back because I ranked up my 5 star Drax for his ability against evade champs. It wasn't a bug it was how Drax was designed.

#RankDownTicketForDrax

OR

#BringBackDraxAbility

Okay then ... Bypassing astral evade was never an ability that drax had, or any of the other champions that wrongly do it.
    No rank down ticket needed. No abilitt was taken away. Something that was confirmed to be a buh was fixed, and thats it.
    edited June 2018
    Lambda1 wrote: »

#RankDownTicketForDrax

OR

#BringBackDraxAbility

Okay then ... Bypassing astral evade was never an ability that drax had, or any of the other champions that wrongly do it.
    No rank down ticket needed. No abilitt was taken away. Something that was confirmed to be a buh was fixed, and thats it.

Please stop focusing on Mordo. We are talking about much more than Astral evade.
    And yes, Drax ability is gone. It's a fact.

glxvh1xnnp1a.png

Look at this and telle me one more time that Drax combo wasn't his ability.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    @Lambda1 surely you aren’t saying the game team advertised something as a feature of a champ only to go back and fix it as a “bug”?

I don’t use Vulture so I don’t know what Decoy Buff is. A little explanation is in order.

Dr. Zola

EDIT: Nevermind—I see it in another thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72658/drax-astrial-evade#latest). Not sure this is directly analogous to Mordo.

Would be nice if someone tidied up all these threads...
    @Lambda1 surely you aren’t saying the game team advertised something as a feature of a champ only to go back and fix it as a “bug”?

I don’t use Vulture so I don’t know what Decoy Buff is. A little explanation is in order.

Dr. Zola

EDIT: Nevermind—I see it in another thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72658/drax-astrial-evade#latest). Not sure this is directly analogous to Mordo.

This is the evidence Kabam has bypassed Drax' special combo.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★

Dr. Zola

DR ZOLA - THE HERO WE NEED.

he knows whats up here
This discussion has been closed.