**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champion Inaccuracies in the Game

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I was thinking regen isn't necessary for Hulk but he could health bleed faster than the normal. That isnt so OP and make sense because he isn't 100% injury immune.

Regen is something he does so why not have it. Having a constant regen that ticks 10-13 health per sec won't break the game or make him op.

If something is game breaking or overpowered, that's a good reason to not do it. But saying something isn't game breaking or overpowered isn't a good reason to do it. It is like if I ask you to let me do something to you, and I tell you it won't kill you. That would be good to know, but it probably wouldn't be especially convincing for you either.
  • MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    edited June 2017
    To be clear, most of the champions are pretty accurate. I'm not saying that Kabam hasn't put thought into the characters but take a look at Venom VS Agent Venom. For whatever reason, Agent Venom has a 50% evade reduction and no other symbiote does. I think we can all agree that Agent Venom is no where near being the best champion in the game. He's a good champion but not a great one, he's just good enough that people use him. Semi-trash champions like Venom and awful champions like Carnage could benefit from these little buffs. Just small changes, I know it's not going to be 100% accurate (that was thrown out when Doctor Strange got destroyed) but things that aren't gonna break the game. Kabam probably wants a debuff to affect all champions but they have Degen already.

Similarly, I do think making small fixes like this could really avoid another Patch 12.0 **** show. The problem with Kabam is that they nerf and nerf and sure they buff some champions but the buffs made aren't even that great. Aside from Magik (who I really only think was spared from Patch 12.0 because she was so bad before she got her rewind/limbo buff), most champions who get buffed are still kind of bad. Civil Warrior still isn't great, Winter Soldier went from a bad champ to an neutral champion. Hulk kind of shined a bit but that's because the surrounding buffs were not great.

I would really like to see more buffs rather than nerfs. I mean, what do nerfs really do? We just end up going to the best replacement for the nerfed champion. For example, Thor to Hyperion, Black Widow to Elektra, Scarlet Witch to Voodoo. If these champs end up getting nerfed, everyone will move to Drax or Crossbones/Falcon or some other champion. I guess I really got off topic but whatever, free speech right?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    I would really like to see more buffs rather than nerfs.

I'm sure most players do as well. However, if you don't see the purpose to nerfs, I think the communication gulf between you and the game developers (or any game developers) is probably uncrossable. Which is problematic if you're trying to make game change suggestions.
  • SanjuSanju Posts: 2
    Hey friends
    How i can change my name..
    Plz help what can i do for change my name
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Hey MastaChief117,

Thank you for taking the time to make that video! Although we definitely see where you're coming from, it's important to note that while all of our design choices are heavily influenced by how these Characters act and exist in the mainstream Marvel Universes, they are not exactly the same.

Why is that? Because this universe exists within a game, and each of these Characters needs to be balanced against each other. If this were completely accurate to the Comic Book universe, it wouldn't be much of a match up between Hawkeye and the Hulk. It would also be a very messy cleanup, and I don't think neither the Collector, nor the Grandmaster want to take the time to do that.

Please explain Ant-man poisons from a pure game-balance perspective keeping in mind that Dr. Vodoo exists in the same game / universe within the same bounds of the battlerealm?

Ur forgetting the one constant game changer in any marvel game r comic

Because marvel
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Look, I understand some things. Iceman is Incinerate Immune. That's debatable, but I understand it. He can control temperatures, so obviously he could make fire go out quickly. But that's pretty much all I understand of what the community has pondered over.

Dormammu is pure mystical energy. He materializes himself in the form of fire and rock in the Contest. What is being burnt when he's Incinerated? Ghost Rider is the same. He's on fire. When he breathes that fire on people, they are burnt, proving that the fire has an effect and isn't just cool-looking magic flames. There is ACTUAL fire bringing on his head, and it doesn't hurt him. But if he's hit with Incinerate, it hurts. Red Hulk literally has fire inside of him. He builds fire in his body as one of his abilities. Yet it can hurt him as well.

What about missing Bleed Immunities? Hulkbuster comes to mind. Iron Man should take Bleed damage, yes, but Hulkbuster? His suit is, what, a yard thick? What bullet can pierce that stuff but not Colossus's skin-tight Armor? How about Black Panther Civil War? Bullets bounce off the guy in movies, yet they penetrate his armor at full speed here.

Now for some buffs and debuffs and SP moves that don't add up. Crossbones shoots a shotgun at you three times in his SP2 move. It burns you, but doesn't make you Bleed. Huh? Some bullets in the game, like from Agent Venom, don't always make you Bleed. But some, like Winter Soldier, always inflict Bleed. Do they have different brands of bullets? Colossus is shown as Indestructible during his SP3. Why isn't that a factor anywhere else in his gameplay? If he can just choose not to take damage, how can he lose? Magik has Limbo, which is supposed to Rewind time itself. Why does this only Rewind damage? Shouldn't the power bars go back to normal? Any debuffs removed?

How about the fact that Hyperion can cross his arms and take no damage? How can you block things like bullets and lasers? Why does no one take damage when attacking a blocking Drax or Wolverine, who hold sharp objects in front of them?

And what about Dormammu's entire storyline? He was in his Dark Dimension. He doesn't want to be in the Contest. He was tricked into getting trapped in the Contest. His link to the Dark Dimension is supposed to be gone. But on his SP3, he goes back there. Can he go to the Dark Dimension or not? If so, he's gone. If not, why does he?

And just so you know, I'm not saying that Colossus should never take damage and that Dormammu should be removed from the Contest because he can just leave anytime he wants. I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that, when you apply logic, things don't add up. Maybe just change small things. For example, say in Dormammu's description that he's just crazy from ISO-8, but can still go to the Dark Dimension. Then, it would make sense that he stays in the Contest even though he has the link to his dimension. Or give Colossus Indestructible on SP moves, showing that he's not just invincible for no reason when you point at people. That's all I want.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    You can't forget the fact that this is just a game and reality doesn't make sense in the Universe were this game happens
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    You can't forget the fact that this is just a game and reality doesn't make sense in the Universe were this game happens

What a copout.

The game is supposed to be as realistic as possible for a superhero universe. If Kabam didn't care about the realism of the game, they wouldn't have implemented Bleed Immunity to begin with.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Phantom wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

What a copout.

The game is supposed to be as realistic as possible for a superhero universe. If Kabam didn't care about the realism of the game, they wouldn't have implemented Bleed Immunity to begin with.

If the game was as realistic as possible, it would be unbalanced as hell.
    That's why this game happens in a different Universe, were Hulk has the same strenght as Hawkeye.
    What changes them is ISO-8 and nodes
    Was really hoping this thread would stay hidded cause now it's at risk of being closed by a mod but whatever.

Anyway, in terms of character changes, I was mainly directing this towards immunities and key character abilities such as Venom/Carnage not being able to bypass Spidey's evade. I don't nessasarily agree with the other half of your post @Phantom. The game isn't gonna be completely accurate to the comics. That's why Thanos is trash and why someone like Doctor Strange can get nerfed to death. I don't think making a champion immune to a certain debuff will break the game but Kabam is extremely opposed to the idea.
    Was really hoping this thread would stay hidded cause now it's at risk of being closed by a mod but whatever.

Anyway, in terms of character changes, I was mainly directing this towards immunities and key character abilities such as Venom/Carnage not being able to bypass Spidey's evade. I don't nessasarily agree with the other half of your post @Phantom. The game isn't gonna be completely accurate to the comics. That's why Thanos is trash and why someone like Doctor Strange can get nerfed to death. I don't think making a champion immune to a certain debuff will break the game but Kabam is extremely opposed to the idea.

I understand that. Some of my points were a little far out there.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Have to agree with Miike on this one as long as it's relatively close to the source material.

However, you mentioned Venom, but Agent Venom does have an anti evade mechanic. Also, it was only the actual Venom symbiote attached to Spiderman that had that ability because of the bond.

So, I don't think it ever applied to Carnage or Toxin or any of the other ones.
  • You're all making great points but the greatest point of all is kabam doesn't care. As long as they make money it doesn't matter to them if colossus bleeds or hulk gets one hit koed by hawkeye. As long as they're making money.
    @SlyCat42 If memory serves me right, Agent Venom has the same symbiote that Eddie Brock (OG Venom) had. So if anything Venom should have that evade reduction too. Carnage is the offspring of the Venom symbiote and it's been said before that the offspring of a sybiote inherits the abilities of it's parent so Carnage would be able to reduce evade. I highly doubt having champions be immune to shock and incinerate would unbalance the game like Miike says. It was a suggestion though, Kabam has made it obvious they are very against the idea.

@Awesomeness44 True-er words have never been spoken
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    You're all making great points but the greatest point of all is kabam doesn't care. As long as they make money it doesn't matter to them if colossus bleeds or hulk gets one hit koed by hawkeye. As long as they're making money.

Except that you make money by being good to your customers. Companies that are legitimately only concerned with making money and nothing else usually go under. It's not in a companies best interest to do whatever they want and treat their customers badly.