**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW defense synergies need to be fixed

13»

Comments

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Yeah we want to die more

No, we want more defensive kills. 2 sides of same coin...maybe, but when you only have a few champs and you're determining whom to rank based on synergies, it would be nice if the synergies worked (or at least said they do not work on defense, in LOL, etc.)

Yeah Morningstar with Mephisto synergy on a power Start 1 + increased power gain nodes will be very fun for you. There are 50 examples like this. I am very sure you will be the first person who will complain after they activate the synergies
    Yeah we want to die more

No, we want more defensive kills. 2 sides of same coin...maybe, but when you only have a few champs and you're determining whom to rank based on synergies, it would be nice if the synergies worked (or at least said they do not work on defense, in LOL, etc.)

Yeah Morningstar with Mephisto synergy on a power Start 1 + increased power gain nodes will be very fun for you. There are 50 examples like this. I am very sure you will be the first person who will complain after they activate the synergies

If one extra bar on Morningstar to start is a dealbreaker for you, then these new updates must be killing you.
  • So if Kabam does not want Defensive Synergies to work, they should GRAY OUT the synergies that will not work from showing on the Defense Selection screen when selecting your defensive team.
    And if some (attack, health, critical rate/damage, etc) do actually work (still unclear as to whether those simple ones currently work or not ??), then those could remain visibly highlighted on defense selection screen.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Right now defender strategy is "hide the villain defenders" and "hide the IMIWs and Dominos". Add synergies and defender placement becomes a lot more important. Some fights would be harder but seeing specific synergies during fights would reveal opponents' hidden defender placements. Place Gulk with Thor Ragnarok and Gulk's unblockable attacks reveal Thor Ragnarok is placed by the same player, Mordo reviving reveals Hood or Dormammu, Sentinel activating critical resistance against Blade reveals Kingpin, and so much more. Players would need to evaluate the benefits and costs of placing defenders and specific nodes if synergies were active.

Synergies should be under review for being added back to AW defense. They would help accomplish what one Kabam employee voiced as a problem on the MCOC beta forum about certain game features like MD requiring all future content being designed to keep such features from unbalancing the game.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Why not just add a sticky thread at the top with the above Mod Message so people can at least see they are deactivated/broken/whatever as soon as they get on here instead of just finding out randomly while browsing. Only a matter of time before this thread gets closed or buried, and then we'll have a new one next week when another non-regular comes on wondering why his synergy specific defense never gets kills.

It should be stated in the game, not everyone who plays reads the forums.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Seriously.. having synergies activate for defense is one of he worst ideas.

6 fury Medusa? Auto reviving Dorm Meph Jugs?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Seriously.. having synergies activate for defense is one of he worst ideas.

6 fury Medusa? Auto reviving Dorm Meph Jugs?

Morningstar says yes please to 6 fury Medusa and auto-reviving Dorm/Mephisto/Juggs would be identical to how Deadpool X-Force's power gain works. Structure your attacks so you don't mash buttons after landing the final blow.
  • EncoreEncore Posts: 35
    Ive yet to come accross a single person who ranked up a champion simply because it is a viable aw defender with synergies. How many have you come accross outside of this topic?
  • ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 65
    The only reason you would do that is if you drew these champs close together. Which seems to be near impossible.
  • MrDoctorMrDoctor Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike Are there any updates here? Really looking forward to defense synergies for AW.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This post is almost a year old. Synergies for defense would still be terrible unless they completely redesign the map. That would be fine, but asking for them in the current version of AW is short sighted.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    AW defence synergies would end the game for most players in the top tier. The latest defenders are already currently making it harder and harder for competitive play. Asking for synergies on defence will be the final nail in the coffin. The full extent of possibilities has no doubt not been thought true. The fact is that all defence champs for the past four years have been released on the basis and the assumption that their synergies will not work on defence. To implement this now without careful consideration of each and every possible synergy + interaction with each and every possible node will be nothing but rash and senseless.
  • invasian82invasian82 Posts: 42
    I think if AW defence synergies were put into play, it would bog down their servers to a point where no one can play. Think of all the scenarios & synergies that just one war carries. 300 champs with unique node attributes plus synergies per war if diversity was maxed.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210

Okay so I recently acquired a five-star Sentinel. He's got great Synergy bonus with all the great Defenders of WAR. Someone in my Lions had said yep great synergies too bad they don't work in war defense? If this is the case is it or will it ever be fixed?

Kabam Fixing aw synergies will make your defense more strong, but have you though of that will also make enemy defense stronger as well? Meaning aw will be more hectic as is. But if you personally feel AW is too easy for you atm, have you considered to join a higher tier alliance?

I mean no disrespect by any means, but so far I have seen these kind of post comes from mid to low tier alliances.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    MrDoctor said:

@Kabam Miike Are there any updates here? Really looking forward to defense synergies for AW.

Neeeeeeeeever gonna happen. Synergies are OP since they they disabled them in 2017. War is already dying, if they enable defensive synergies no one will touch war.

Re-enabling them is not happening and never will.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    This thread needs a gauntlet snap.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Synergies should work on all game modes. As for how one can know which synergies are active, the best solution is an on screen display like “inhuman royal family” at aw mode. Working synergies would be a more fair solution rather than buffing nodes to avoid easy exploration. I’m referring to fair because many people have spent resources to rank up defenders having in mind that ALL the aspects of their champs are working.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Synergies should work on all game modes. As for how one can know which synergies are active, the best solution is an on screen display like “inhuman royal family” at aw mode. Working synergies would be a more fair solution rather than buffing nodes to avoid easy exploration. I’m referring to fair because many people have spent resources to rank up defenders having in mind that ALL the aspects of their champs are working.

There could be all kinds of weird interaction with the nodes causing all kinds of additional issues. Why should they work on all game modes? I think they would have to scrap the map and remake war if they allowed the synergies to work. Maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing, but I don't think it is as simple as saying that they "should" work.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I can see both sides of the argument.

On one hand, synergies are created to make champions better on both attack and on defense. As such, there is an argument that not allowing them is partially taking away the reason we grind for the diversity in our defense. If Kabam allowed synergies, no doubt every Heimdall and Nick Fury would go to 5/50 or 4/55. We would see a Blackbolt/Karnak/Quake with every Medusa and more Sabretooth, Killmonger, Void defenders. But because several of these are only used as a synergy on offense, there's no reason to rank them if they're just along for the ride.

On the other hand, allowing synergies would generate quite a few problems:
    1) some of the AW map buffs would be too OP with the right combo. The whole map would need to be reworked
    2) tracking 50 defenders and their unique synergies could put a huge strain on the servers (=lag)
    3) Synergies would reveal defenders elsewhere on the map and negate the whole "hidden defender" concept

If synergies were the old 2016 version where it was only a generic power gain, perfect block, or crit rating buff, then I would advocate allowing them again. With the plethora of strong, unique synergies and the ever more difficult AW map buffs, I would prefer synergies disabled.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

Ideally "synergies" should work in all game modes...but with:

1.current synergies
    2. current nodes
    3. current defenders

It will break war into oblivion. They'd have to scrap the entire war map, probably remove many nodes, and lower health and attack ratings of defenders significantly.

Not gonna happen my man. It would break war and it's already really bad as it is.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I think that only non-Unique synergies should be active on Alliance War Defence. So they wouldn't get any more crazy abilities, but you could still try making synergy teams that bump up their abilities. Like imagine fighting a top-tier boss that's powered up with mutant synergies? Or a health synergy. Not too much more annoying than normal; it's just some extra health you need to take down.