**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW defense synergies need to be fixed

Comments

• Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Careful what you wish for. I can guarantee that you won't like them once you start facing them at higher tiers. Maybe if they make them work at tier 5 and below that would make people happier... don't know. I just don't want them back is all I know.

I think most acknowledge that they would suck, but personally I'd just like them removed and changed to enemies, friends, etc. so I can have my spideyverse synergy team back since those crit buffs weren't breaking anything.
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Careful what you wish for. I can guarantee that you won't like them once you start facing them at higher tiers. Maybe if they make them work at tier 5 and below that would make people happier... don't know. I just don't want them back is all I know.

i think a lot of people agree that we don't want them at all, the problem is what that would require on kabam's part to make it right for how long they didn't work and why they not only didn't tell anyone until we discovered it, but after people had ranked champs up for their defense specifically for this purpose. I'm never holding my breath again for any form of compensation as the current company has made it clear they neither feel sorry or care to gain goodwill or make situations right above and beyond, ever again. So my worry is they will continue to buff nodes, not increase rewards, not compensate or give rank down tickets for champs people used and ranked, and not bring synergies into war again...or all of that but they actually do bring them in and it makes everything even harder but no balance of rewards earned for the difficulty jump. All of those options wouldn't surprise me at this point.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    The fact that they change displayed PI was useful when defender rating gave points. The easier solution might be to more fully disable masteries (edit: in war defense). But really, it's been a really, really long time since they worked (if ever?). I find it incredible that experienced players would not have been aware of this already. There are bigger issues in the game than this. There are even bigger issues in the war meta than this. Focus, please.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Menkent wrote: »
    The fact that they change displayed PI was useful when defender rating gave points. The easier solution might be to more fully disable masteries (edit: in war defense). But really, it's been a really, really long time since they worked (if ever?). I find it incredible that experienced players would not have been aware of this already. There are bigger issues in the game than this. There are even bigger issues in the war meta than this. Focus, please.

They worked in the last year. I don't get why people are trying to change history by acting like they never really worked, or haven't in years. I think they went away around the time of the AW map change last fall. They also stopped working right after these specific defensive minded synergies started appearing. So why should anyone, experienced or not, assume that these cool new synergies that will make their defenders much harder may not actually work? No message ever came out. Team ratings still went up. Everything looked like they should be working.

Just because there are other issues doesn't mean this one should be ignored. It's an easy fix. Just state in war placement screen that synergies are currently disabled. When they enable them, remove that. But don't let noobs rank up bad champs for defense because of synergies that won't work on defense.

The comment about disabling masteries is just confusing.
  • Options
    KhanMedina wrote: »

They worked in the last year. I don't get why people are trying to change history by acting like they never really worked, or haven't in years. I think they went away around the time of the AW map change last fall. They also stopped working right after these specific defensive minded synergies started appearing. So why should anyone, experienced or not, assume that these cool new synergies that will make their defenders much harder may not actually work? No message ever came out. Team ratings still went up. Everything looked like they should be working.

Just because there are other issues doesn't mean this one should be ignored. It's an easy fix. Just state in war placement screen that synergies are currently disabled. When they enable them, remove that. But don't let noobs rank up bad champs for defense because of synergies that won't work on defense.

It's hard to know when they stopped working because the addition to crit/armor/attack/etc isn't shown anywhere except in PI. The only way people even realized they weren't working were when the unique synergies were added. They could have stopped working a long time ago (or perhaps always disabled?) and nobody would have known.
  • Options
    Stat wrote: »

It's hard to know when they stopped working because the addition to crit/armor/attack/etc isn't shown anywhere except in PI. The only way people even realized they weren't working were when the unique synergies were added. They could have stopped working a long time ago (or perhaps always disabled?) and nobody would have known.

No. There was evidence of Mordo/Dorm synergy working because people would come back to life. Spark's worked with Miles because you'd see the 7 charges.
    I agree there was no communication regarding when they were deactivated, but they definitely worked last summer.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    The only synergy I can think of off the top of my head that would have been testable was the hulk/bw stun on special type of thing. I don't remember that ever working... but its a pretty low percentage and you'd have to eat a lot of specials to find out.

Point is, it would take a huge rework of the entire war map to have activated synergies not be a disaster. Let's just put this on the shelf for a bit longer and aim for stability, fairness, and legit bug fixes. The idea of a banner saying "synergies disabled on war defense" would be perfect for the time being. Miike, make it so!
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    The only synergy I can think of off the top of my head that would have been testable was the hulk/bw stun on special type of thing. I don't remember that ever working... but its a pretty low percentage and you'd have to eat a lot of specials to find out.

Point is, it would take a huge rework of the entire war map to have activated synergies not be a disaster. Let's just put this on the shelf for a bit longer and aim for stability, fairness, and legit bug fixes. The idea of a banner saying "synergies disabled on war defense" would be perfect for the time being. Miike, make it so!

And issue rank down tickets so people aren’t sitting on champs they were intending to use for a game mode that kabam couldn’t make work properly. If there was any instance to do them for a fair reason, I would say this is it. Give everyone five total for their defense team. Easy as that.

• Options
    Stat wrote: »

No. There was evidence of Mordo/Dorm synergy working because people would come back to life. Spark's worked with Miles because you'd see the 7 charges.
    I agree there was no communication regarding when they were deactivated, but they definitely worked last summer.

Back when it was essentially mystic wars there were mordos and dorms everywhere on the maps and I never once fought one that came back to life. Don't know anyone who did. Never saw a youtube video of it either. Nor have I ever seen 7 charges on Miles to start. Not sure you're correct there.
  • Options
    TurtleJamesTurtleJames Posts: 68
    I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would push for this to be fixed. Are the new impossible mini boss nodes not enough punishment for you? Do you want even more game breaking defense buffs? The fact Kabam even says they're working on fixing this is a joke. This is probably one of the few things they got right. Please let this topic die as it should. We have massively bigger issues to focus on.
  • Options
    I remember an old thread where someone said Hood revived twice and they were upset because they didn't know that was possible. It led to a discussion about whether the stacked synergies should just increase the chance for a rez, or if it should be two separate chances (it was two separate chances). Then people complained about how unfair that synergy was if it proc'd multiple times in a boss fight, so it was essentially the same type of discussion we are having now but people were more focused on mystic wars and didn't complain about the one or two synergies that could really be an issue. Now there's like 20 of them.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,641 Guardian
    If indeed there are some AW Defense Synergies that do work (attack, crits, armor, etc), and ultimately it's decided that some other synergies should not be allowed, Kabam should visually show that on the synergy icons when you are building your defense. So that you can see which synergies will actually be applied to your defense or not.
    And why isn't there a single "sticky" thread for this topic of AW Defensive Synergy, instead of having to search thru a myriad of different threads ?
  • Options
    GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    edited July 2018
    I dont know if this has been discussed, but even if they can make it work there is a deeper implication that I have not seen mentioned. If synergies are turned on and I can see what synergies are in play during a fight, wouldnt that also potentially reveal some of the hidden champs?
  • Options
    MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Making synergies active at this point will make there be more viable defenders. But certainly has drawbacks (OP defenders, how is the boss node treated for synergies?, identifying other defenders on the map).

I’d love to see a return to a more cooperative AW map with synergies turned on. Keep the node difficulties as-is, but with say 7 paths instead of 9.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Maidril wrote: »
    I’d love to see a return to a more cooperative AW map with synergies turned on. Keep the node difficulties as-is, but with say 7 paths instead of 9.

Less paths with some paths requiring multiple players to finish them is an intriguingidea
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Lots of people ranked champs based on synergy for war defense. We built teams based on information given that synergy worked on defense. It wasn't until kabam stated they were deactivated after people began asking why they weren't working that we got an answer stating things would be too difficult while at the same time we are told that they never intended maps to be 100% completed and additional nodes added to make the map harder. If we all have synergy activated then we could rely on our defenders to give a more challenging map and get full benefits from talking up specific champs. It would make a lot more defenders viable instead of just diversity fillers

I want the full potential of my defenders, not watered down versions. The excuse for not having them work is unacceptable. Make it happen for a week to measure it, don't just say it would be too hard without data to back it up.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    Lots of people ranked champs based on synergy for war defense. We built teams based on information given that synergy worked on defense. It wasn't until kabam stated they were deactivated after people began asking why they weren't working that we got an answer stating things would be too difficult while at the same time we are told that they never intended maps to be 100% completed and additional nodes added to make the map harder. If we all have synergy activated then we could rely on our defenders to give a more challenging map and get full benefits from talking up specific champs. It would make a lot more defenders viable instead of just diversity fillers

I want the full potential of my defenders, not watered down versions. The excuse for not having them work is unacceptable. Make it happen for a week to measure it, don't just say it would be too hard without data to back it up.

Weird that 100% AW exploration is intended to be rare but defender synergies don’t work because they would make AW “too difficult”
  • Options
    Gigonite69Gigonite69 Posts: 92
    I ranked up Doc Oc specifically for synergies. I don’t demand rank down tickets though, they should be a purchasable item, using glory, loyalty or units. Maybe 300 units for a 4* rank down ticket, and make it so you can only buy one or two a month. It’s my roster, I should be able to update it to fit the continuos changes in this game, or the random nerfs.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,187 ★★★★★
    Oh. Let Them stay disabele all the new node with a Medusa. Even hood one node 30 with ghost. And Medusa with BB. Medusa Can be take Down with morinstar. One node 30 but Not esay
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I think they know that activating them will be a great boon for recruiters in retirement alliances, which probably create about as much revenue as Brian Grant.
  • Options
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Yeah we want to die more

No, we want more defensive kills. 2 sides of same coin...maybe, but when you only have a few champs and you're determining whom to rank based on synergies, it would be nice if the synergies worked (or at least said they do not work on defense, in LOL, etc.)
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Yeah we want to die more

No, we want more defensive kills. 2 sides of same coin...maybe, but when you only have a few champs and you're determining whom to rank based on synergies, it would be nice if the synergies worked (or at least said they do not work on defense, in LOL, etc.)

Like your opponent wouldn’t be using them too? All this would do is force both teams to spend more. This on top of the new nodes would render the war rewards not worth the price of admission.
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Most guys in the higher tiers don't want the defensive synergies to function--it's already brutal. You guys in lower tiers just need to ask Kabam to make your maps more difficult. Simple fix. Kabam has responded to these threads in the past and have said no immediate plans to fix this too.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Imagine that you regularly have 1-2 guys who can't complete their path (normal for many). No imagine 3-4 guys or more who can't because of the increased difficulty at the same level. The buffs get a lot harder as you move up in tiers and brackets. Defensive synergies are only going to make it worse to complete (less fun) and also can imagine things getting more screwed up than they have been lately with trying to make all of the synergies work as they're supposed to. Do you really want to fight a some on a regen node who can come back to life at 20%, or everyone has 10% more power gain with mystic dispersion already maxed out?

The node buffs are taking the place of synergies on AW defense. Now, maybe get rid of the node buffs and put the synergies in place. Then that will encourage diversity and some real thinking to make your AW Defense more challenging.
  • Options

The node buffs are taking the place of synergies on AW defense. Now, maybe get rid of the node buffs and put the synergies in place. Then that will encourage diversity and some real thinking to make your AW Defense more challenging.

Here's the obvious answer to everyone but them. Instead of giving us the option to play smarter and make the map harder through synergies, they just increased node difficulties. If some synergies are just too exploitable on boss nodes or whatever, then get them out of there the way you got rid of the Void/Avenger synergy that was originally there. I'm sure people that have Antman would rather have a crit or attack buff rather than a thorns buff that only works on offense.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Totally agree it should say in game that synergies do not work on aw defesne. Don’t agree they should be added ever, you don’t want that... you think you might when you’re choosing defenders, you’ll regret ever complaining once you’re attacking. Between synergies and nodes, impossible paths can be created... quit wishing selfishly... you’re wanting more defesne kills but you’d be creating a mess for yourself when you go on attack.