**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, this is unfair

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Purveyor wrote: »
    To be fair. Nobody in the current game is as OP as pre 12.0 SW. nobody is even close. Secondly, I think everyone, probably even kabam (privately) thinks the dr strange need was just silly. I have the trinity (2 5/65 and 1 4/55) I would still be using 4 Star pre 12.0 sw over ghost rider in that team.

To be fair, the original post didn't seem to be about Scarlet Witch as much as it seemed to be about the "Perfect Block Synergy". Using Dr. Strange and 2x Scarlet Witch, meant that you had 100% block proficiency provided you had 4 points in the block proficiency mastery. This meant that blocked attacks never damaged your champs. As Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange were two of the most powerful champs in the game at the time, this was a VERY popular team...especially in Alliance Quest. A team of Black Bolt, Cyclops, and Magneto also shared this synergy, so blocked hits would take zero damage. You could also use Hawkeye and 2x War Machine.

Kabam came out and stated that they reviewed the data and found that too many summoners were taking advantage of this synergy. They claimed that they didn't want to see a "best team" and wanted to encourage using a variety of champs instead of just always picking the same team for every occasion. Kabam then changed the Leadership (block proficiency) synergy made it something else (Perfect Block, I think).

The OP is essentially saying that the existence of a "best team" or "best strategy" was enough to warrant a change a few years ago and feels that there is a new "best team" that doesn't elicit the same reaction from the company.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the OP, just clarifying what was written.

None of this is true. Kabam never said we were using those champs too much as a justification for the nerf.

The nerf was because those champs broke the game with how OP they were. The trinity was pretty good in AW for awhile but it's slowly losing traction as the meta changes, and it is definitely not game-breaking OP.

This is from the July 2016 rollout of the Leadership (block proficiency) synergy change:

The ability to achieve 100% Block Proficiency created a singular, mandatory strategy that saw the same small group of Champions brought nearly everywhere. It was never our intention to create a roster of just 5 Champions that were more desirable or powerful than the rest. In order to guarantee the wellbeing of the game going forward, we’ve removed the Leadership Synergy and provided a whole host of improvements to Synergy Bonuses.

The strategy they referenced was simply blocking every attack while waiting for an opening to counterattack. Even specials could be blocked for no damage. Evasion wasn't really necessary unless the enemy wound up to throw a heavy. A lot of summoners struggled in AQ when they suddenly couldn't just block everything without penalty.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    First off synergies for aw should just be disabled. They don't work as stated by kabam yet they haven't disabled them. Myself and many others have been keeping track to when in game bugs are most rampant and it's during aw atk phase. Kabam doesn't like there being one team to rule them all so during aw they should also have offensive synergies disabled not just defensive so everyone is on a level playing field instead of seeing 10 blades, 10 ghost riders and 10 sparkys. Having all synergies disabled for aw could very well stop a lot of the issues in other game content such as parry and blocking.
  • JiNTarkanJiNTarkan Posts: 22
    there are many other options not only trinity but yes this goes same for SW and Dr Strange. Does this mean they should bring back old SW and Dr Strange too because there are other options as well now.

My point is why we need nerfs at all?
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    First off synergies for aw should just be disabled. They don't work as stated by kabam yet they haven't disabled them. Myself and many others have been keeping track to when in game bugs are most rampant and it's during aw atk phase. Kabam doesn't like there being one team to rule them all so during aw they should also have offensive synergies disabled not just defensive so everyone is on a level playing field instead of seeing 10 blades, 10 ghost riders and 10 sparkys. Having all synergies disabled for aw could very well stop a lot of the issues in other game content such as parry and blocking

No newer content and updates May’s cause some of your issues but synergies in aw are not causeing your problems. Why don’t you just say I don’t have the trinity so please nerf them.
  • Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    Dude... you opened a thread to whine because your weak defenders don’t get kills any longer? So you want to kabam to nerf champs that some people place in defense? We have a war about to start now and someone placed his rank 5 5* blade in defense along with his rank 4 5* GR LIKE HE DOES EVERY WAR. I’m tier 4 In AW and this synergy doesn’t beat most paths. Juggernaut was never a good defender. Put neuros on him and he doesn’t go unstoppable. Put the V on with voodoo and he doesn’t go unstoppable.
    Work on your defense and except for very specific nodes, the higher up you go, the more unlikely you are to get defensive kills off most of your defenders.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Whenever anyone talks about things not being fair, I have to wonder what age they are. As my boy Scar said in Lion King, "Life isn't fair".

The way the meta of the game has shifted means that a lot of champs can be considered OP in a given situation. Blade whips villains, but sucks as a defender and gets melted by AA. AA is weak against champs who have poison or bleed immunity. Modok is a pain in the butt, but Elektra whips him all day. Domino is good against Blade, but a tech champ can get her. I could go on all day about every champ. The game has shifted more towards the players knowing who they're going against and doing some thought into how to counter their enemies abilities. To me, it makes it more challenging and more fun.
  • There is no champ as great as pre 12.0 SW. Even post 12.0, she is still OP, which is why there is no 5*/6* version of her. At 4* max sig, she crushes a lot of champs with way higher ratings.

Blade is a counter to MD, which used to be OP. And as the game progresses, there will be counters created to Blade. And counters to the counters, etc...

• HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    JiNTarkan wrote: »
    there are many other options not only trinity but yes this goes same for SW and Dr Strange. Does this mean they should bring back old SW and Dr Strange too because there are other options as well now.

My point is why we need nerfs at all?

Dr and SW their abilities were nerfs and the synergy removed, who spoke nerf in Blade skills?
    Only the synergy is changed.
    Kil63 wrote: »
    Whenever anyone talks about things not being fair, I have to wonder what age they are. As my boy Scar said in Lion King, "Life isn't fair".

The way the meta of the game has shifted means that a lot of champs can be considered OP in a given situation. Blade whips villains, but sucks as a defender and gets melted by AA. AA is weak against champs who have poison or bleed immunity. Modok is a pain in the butt, but Elektra whips him all day. Domino is good against Blade, but a tech champ can get her. I could go on all day about every champ. The game has shifted more towards the players knowing who they're going against and doing some thought into how to counter their enemies abilities. To me, it makes it more challenging and more fun.

Challenging and good will be when removing the diversity bonuses of defenders, there I want to see if this synergy will not advance so much, the full defense of IM (IW), Medusa, Domino, Spiderman, Hyperion and etc., less champions villains, there yes it will be good.
    First off synergies for aw should just be disabled. They don't work as stated by kabam yet they haven't disabled them. Myself and many others have been keeping track to when in game bugs are most rampant and it's during aw atk phase. Kabam doesn't like there being one team to rule them all so during aw they should also have offensive synergies disabled not just defensive so everyone is on a level playing field instead of seeing 10 blades, 10 ghost riders and 10 sparkys. Having all synergies disabled for aw could very well stop a lot of the issues in other game content such as parry and blocking.

It would be good if the attacker's synergy is turned off for AW, there would be more diversity to attack, because no one is dumb to have Blade, GR and Spider Stark, and not to use them in the AW attack, this team for any path AW.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★

Challenging and good will be when removing the diversity bonuses of defenders, there I want to see if this synergy will not advance so much, the full defense of IM (IW), Medusa, Domino, Spiderman, Hyperion and etc., less champions villains, there yes it will be good.

But everyone you named in that defense also has a perfect counter who will cut through them like butter, so you'd still have the same complaint different champs.

But everyone you named in that defense also has a perfect counter who will cut through them like butter, so you'd still have the same complaint different champs.

It was being sarcastic, as kabam made the players focus on the supreme trinity for attack.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    To be fair. Nobody in the current game is as OP as pre 12.0 SW. nobody is even close. Secondly, I think everyone, probably even kabam (privately) thinks the dr strange need was just silly. I have the trinity (2 5/65 and 1 4/55) I would still be using 4 Star pre 12.0 sw over ghost rider in that team.

To be fair, the original post didn't seem to be about Scarlet Witch as much as it seemed to be about the "Perfect Block Synergy". Using Dr. Strange and 2x Scarlet Witch, meant that you had 100% block proficiency provided you had 4 points in the block proficiency mastery. This meant that blocked attacks never damaged your champs. As Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange were two of the most powerful champs in the game at the time, this was a VERY popular team...especially in Alliance Quest. A team of Black Bolt, Cyclops, and Magneto also shared this synergy, so blocked hits would take zero damage. You could also use Hawkeye and 2x War Machine.

Kabam came out and stated that they reviewed the data and found that too many summoners were taking advantage of this synergy. They claimed that they didn't want to see a "best team" and wanted to encourage using a variety of champs instead of just always picking the same team for every occasion. Kabam then changed the Leadership (block proficiency) synergy made it something else (Perfect Block, I think).

The OP is essentially saying that the existence of a "best team" or "best strategy" was enough to warrant a change a few years ago and feels that there is a new "best team" that doesn't elicit the same reaction from the company.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the OP, just clarifying what was written.

None of this is true. Kabam never said we were using those champs too much as a justification for the nerf.

The nerf was because those champs broke the game with how OP they were. The trinity was pretty good in AW for awhile but it's slowly losing traction as the meta changes, and it is definitely not game-breaking OP.

This is from the July 2016 rollout of the Leadership (block proficiency) synergy change:

The ability to achieve 100% Block Proficiency created a singular, mandatory strategy that saw the same small group of Champions brought nearly everywhere. It was never our intention to create a roster of just 5 Champions that were more desirable or powerful than the rest. In order to guarantee the wellbeing of the game going forward, we’ve removed the Leadership Synergy and provided a whole host of improvements to Synergy Bonuses.

The strategy they referenced was simply blocking every attack while waiting for an opening to counterattack. Even specials could be blocked for no damage. Evasion wasn't really necessary unless the enemy wound up to throw a heavy. A lot of summoners struggled in AQ when they suddenly couldn't just block everything without penalty.

Thanks for proving my point. That synergy created a mandatory strategy that broke the game. The effects of which forced everyone to use those champs.

The same thing happened with 12.0. Those 5 champs were breaking the game and they had to be nerfed. Of course everyone used them, they were broken.

No one is forcing anybody to use this trinity of champs. Many, many people do not have it and are just as successful in every aspect of the game.

Kabam is much less interested in which champs we use but rather in WHY we use them. Each champ is (or at least should be) a tool that is great at performing certain tasks.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I have all but blade
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    @HenriqueSCCP please stop clogging the forums with your saltyness

Thanks for proving my point. That synergy created a mandatory strategy that broke the game. The effects of which forced everyone to use those champs.

The same thing happened with 12.0. Those 5 champs were breaking the game and they had to be nerfed. Of course everyone used them, they were broken.

No one is forcing anybody to use this trinity of champs. Many, many people do not have it and are just as successful in every aspect of the game.

Kabam is much less interested in which champs we use but rather in WHY we use them. Each champ is (or at least should be) a tool that is great at performing certain tasks.

Respectfully, I think your point is getting muddled. The reason I initially posted in this thread was to clarify that the original poster was not talking about Scarlet Witch, Thor, or any other champion being overpowered. He was instead referring to the Leadership synergy which would allow for "Perfect Block Teams". Despite this, you keep circling back to how powerful 5 specific champs were. You're not incorrect, but that's also not the issue being discussed here.

I think your confusion comes because the original poster mentioned Strange and Scarlet Witch. While they are 2 of the 5 champs you keep coming back to, he mentioned them because they are 2 of the 7 champs who could utilize this strategy, though they seemed to be the most popular due to the fact that they were so powerful.

To sum up, the original poster was discussing his opinion on how the Blade/Ghost Rider/Stark Spider-man team synergy made the team the hands down most-used team in competitive game modes and he compared that to the Leadership synergy that was changed in the July 2016 update. This thread is all about synergies.

On the other hand, you are attempting to compare the power level of Blade, Ghost Rider, and Stark Spidey to that of the original versions of champs like Scarlet Witch and Thor, which was changed in the 12.0 update. Your subject is more about individual champs and not their synergy interaction. While not completely irrelevant, it's not on-topic.

The July 2016 Synergy & Mastery update happened around 9 months before the 12.0 patch was released. I think it's important to keep the reasons for each update clear.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Respectfully, I think your point is getting muddled. The reason I initially posted in this thread was to clarify that the original poster was not talking about Scarlet Witch, Thor, or any other champion being overpowered. He was instead referring to the Leadership synergy which would allow for "Perfect Block Teams". Despite this, you keep circling back to how powerful 5 specific champs were. You're not incorrect, but that's also not the issue being discussed here.

I think your confusion comes because the original poster mentioned Strange and Scarlet Witch. While they are 2 of the 5 champs you keep coming back to, he mentioned them because they are 2 of the 7 champs who could utilize this strategy, though they seemed to be the most popular due to the fact that they were so powerful.

To sum up, the original poster was discussing his opinion on how the Blade/Ghost Rider/Stark Spider-man team synergy made the team the hands down most-used team in competitive game modes and he compared that to the Leadership synergy that was changed in the July 2016 update. This thread is all about synergies.

On the other hand, you are attempting to compare the power level of Blade, Ghost Rider, and Stark Spidey to that of the original versions of champs like Scarlet Witch and Thor, which was changed in the 12.0 update. Your subject is more about individual champs and not their synergy interaction. While not completely irrelevant, it's not on-topic.

The July 2016 Synergy & Mastery update happened around 9 months before the 12.0 patch was released. I think it's important to keep the reasons for each update clear.

Fair enough. I was off topic.

The leadership synergy was still a game-breaking mechanic. Eventually the entire game was built around trying to counter this synergy. That's why we saw sky high +attack nodes, thorns, slashed tires, starburst, block erosion, you name it.

The leadership synergy became a mandatory strategy exactly like kabam said.

This blade, GR, SS synergy is definitely not mandatory. It's not even the best in certain scenarios.

Blade was kabam's answer to mystic wars. Blade's synergies just made him better at what he was already good at. The only reason this team was the most used was because it was the best counter to the commonly placed defenders.

conflating leadership synergy with this trinity is just foolishness. Anyone who played seriously during that period knows exactly what I'm talking about.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Kabam did it again, the same thing as when the perfect locking synergy, before everyone wore Dr Strange 3*, 4* and Scarlet Witch. And now there's this synergy overpower between Blade, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), (everyone who has these champions are using this synergy, I've seen using Blade 5* r5 with a 3* Ghost Rider on the team, just for to make this synergy) where this synergy makes the Blade "a God" against opponents villains, where villains are the best defenders and most used in defense, the only non-villains who are good at defense are Iron Man (Infinity War), Medusa and Spider-man, this synergy is unfair, do not you think?

I have a Juggernaut 5* r4 in defense, before he kills several attackers, after the Blade with this synergy, until Blade of 4* is passing without giving any death.

Blade without synergy with Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), is already a champion overpower, has bleeding with good power gain, special 2 with huge damage and duplicate is practically "immortal."

Again.....
    Blade blade blade.... complain complain complain.... lol...

Cap IW does a better job kiling Juggernaut than blade does anyway....

Fair enough. I was off topic.

The leadership synergy was still a game-breaking mechanic. Eventually the entire game was built around trying to counter this synergy. That's why we saw sky high +attack nodes, thorns, slashed tires, starburst, block erosion, you name it.

The leadership synergy became a mandatory strategy exactly like kabam said.

This blade, GR, SS synergy is definitely not mandatory. It's not even the best in certain scenarios.

Blade was kabam's answer to mystic wars. Blade's synergies just made him better at what he was already good at. The only reason this team was the most used was because it was the best counter to the commonly placed defenders.

conflating leadership synergy with this trinity is just foolishness. Anyone who played seriously during that period knows exactly what I'm talking about.

You'll get no argument from me on that...the leadership synergy was game-breaking. Block erosion was certainly a direct response to the mechanic.

-So many ROL teams consisted of Star Lord, Guillotine, Perfect Block Team.
    -I personally witnessed a LOT of players quit when they could no longer finish AQ without a Perfect Block Team.
    -They put block erosion in one of the celebrity challenges (Ming-Na #1?) and it made a TON of people struggle and most didn't finish.

I'll say that I don't fully agree with you that the Leadership synergy and the Trinity synergy aren't comparable, but that debate is for another thread. I will say that your last post was thoughtful and well-written. Kudos.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    I'm not saying to nerf anyone other than buff the champs the actually need the buff. My comment was more focused on alliance wars. Synergies on defense do not work yet kabam has flat out said that they have not disabled them (which could very well be one source of game issues by sending up red flags in the code). So many ppl complain about the trinity team being all that they see ppl bringing for offense, so why not make wars about skill instead of synergies. Gives some diversity instead of seeing 10 of the same champ on offense.
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    I have a Juggernaut 5* r4 in defense, before he kills several attackers, after the Blade with this synergy, until Blade of 4* is passing without giving any death.

If you realise that Juggernaut can't contribute any kills, don't use him then. You can't depend on Villains only while more new champions with new synergies are coming.
    m8fnp15zd80k.jpg

Kabam now only need to add on this list heroes and mercenaries.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    It's funny to me how people will say there are no champs as powerful as pre 12.0 yet the Trinity dominants AW and has for awhile. It's not much different than when people ran DS/SW all the time. And also, pre 12.0 you could actually stop opponents in AW. Sure, there's been a few node changes in AW to "stop" the Trinity but every other path can be easily cleared with them. Seems to me the game just traded put one set of OP champs for a other. And yes, I have the Trinity.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    It's funny to me how people will say there are no champs as powerful as pre 12.0 yet the Trinity dominants AW and has for awhile. It's not much different than when people ran DS/SW all the time. And also, pre 12.0 you could actually stop opponents in AW. Sure, there's been a few node changes in AW to "stop" the Trinity but every other path can be easily cleared with them. Seems to me the game just traded put one set of OP champs for a other. And yes, I have the Trinity.

Did you ever use pre-12.0 SW?
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Posts: 84
    Kabam did it again, the same thing as when the perfect locking synergy, before everyone wore Dr Strange 3*, 4* and Scarlet Witch. And now there's this synergy overpower between Blade, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), (everyone who has these champions are using this synergy, I've seen using Blade 5* r5 with a 3* Ghost Rider on the team, just for to make this synergy) where this synergy makes the Blade "a God" against opponents villains, where villains are the best defenders and most used in defense, the only non-villains who are good at defense are Iron Man (Infinity War), Medusa and Spider-man, this synergy is unfair, do not you think?

Blade without synergy with Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), is already a champion overpower, has bleeding with good power gain, special 2 with huge damage and duplicate is practically "immortal."

Villians are not the best defenders actually, think about it , villians are the ones who always lose to superheros,(defenders of the universe)
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Posts: 84

And don't be hating on champs u don't got , that's why Thor,got nerfed because people like u, u wine about not getting every champ u want , if u don't get the champ u want get over it and try again , don't make other summoners suffer because u can't have a certain champ
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I'm not saying to nerf anyone other than buff the champs the actually need the buff. My comment was more focused on alliance wars. Synergies on defense do not work yet kabam has flat out said that they have not disabled them (which could very well be one source of game issues by sending up red flags in the code). So many ppl complain about the trinity team being all that they see ppl bringing for offense, so why not make wars about skill instead of synergies. Gives some diversity instead of seeing 10 of the same champ on offense.

Stop placing mystic start placing counters and you will see less of the trinity. If synergies worked on defense it would be an absolute nightmare and then I will be on here complaining about people using the same defense team all the time cause there is no answer. Back before diversity you would see 5 to ten of the same defenders on the map and people complained. I remember stacking the middle of the old aw map with all eletros and just watching the opponent give up. With out the trinity we are right back where we started with mystic wars expect now we would have r5 5* to deal with. Find counters stop asking for nerfs