**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why the New Expert Class Catalyst Daily Quests are a joke.

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    ....or we could let people decide for themselves what's worth their own time based on where they're at. Chances are, they know their own needs better.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Let’s not pretend it’s built for growing players to advance, it’s to get small amount and even then - that’s such a waste of energy with rewards left on the table from story and event quests instead, one of which has a time when they disappear. Just get glory and use your precious energy other places.

This recommendation would make sense if a player was always energy constrained. I'm not, and I doubt if any player not uncollected is likely to consistently be energy constrained. By the end of the month even doing the T4B daily I'm often just running the T3 cat daily even though I'm overflowing with them, just to sell them. The expert proving ground offers fifteen times the return for about three times the energy.

Energy is precious in the same way in-game gold is precious. Some people never have enough, some players always have more than they can burn. And that's true across most levels of play.
  • MuzzMuzz Posts: 124
    So glad I’ve stepped back from competitive play. This new quest is an absolute joke. While anyone defending Kabam’s choice to offer so little for so much has every right to voice their opinion... I must reserve the right to call you a moron. It’s completely stupid to make any quest consume more energy than one can hold at one time. To make it even worse, the reward is pathetic and the quest is super easy which is totally unsatisfying. So I log in and choose to use the energy I’ve waited hours for to play a boring quest that I can’t even finish? Just horrible game design. Worst! Bad bad bad. SHAME!

#walkaway
  • Hollywood_Hollywood_ Posts: 70
    Kabam have nothing to introduce for community, so they bringing all the same content but now getting expensive, lol @GroundedWisdom you should play this T4CC quest all 6 days in a row, might be you need more than others, cheer up boy, and ask to kabam to fix the overheating and phone hangs bugs in android too rather than launching this stupid quests, @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Spice @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab whenever kabam introduce or launching something then they always launch new bugs too, I don't need nothing new, all community want to fix all bugs, I found its irritating, difficult and yes your deserve million of slangs/abusing if million people playing this game, lol hats off to you all... Thanks for wasting my time 😂😂😂
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    ....or we could let people decide for themselves what's worth their own time based on where they're at. Chances are, they know their own needs better.

Or we could give good advice on this forum, like you think you’re doing constantly, but when someone else does it you have to chime in like it’s wrong? What is any different about my post above than what you said before it? Please explain this comment. I’m interested now in your logic.

Grounded: some people might like it.

My comment: it’s not the best use of your energy.

Grounded: why won’t you let people decide for themselves?!!?!

You realize what a forum is intended for right? A variety of viewpoints and to give advice to players for things you dealt with in the past? You understand that, correct? So what in my post was not constructive and intended to help someone progressing and thinking about building tier 4 class catalysts to rank champions? If they are at that level and serious about getting them quickly and easier than burning half their day’s energy, finding an alliance would be best.

Kabam actually agrees with me on this point as well, as they have designed this game to be alliance based and the rewards are always higher for players in them. There is not really a solo mode to speak of, and time after time they have emphasized for players struggling to progress for them to join a group and run quest and war and get 1 and 3 day alliance rewards. Do you disagree with their design and advice?

No?

Yeah that’s what I thought.

If you really think only you are allowed to give your “words of wisdom” unopposed while others have to deal with your responses to theirs, you have fundamentally misunderstood the point of these forums. Which would be shocking considering how much time you sit on them while not progressing in the game. If I was a new player I surely would look for someone at least uncollected running map 5 with more than 19 five star heroes to tell me how they got there, not someone who pretends to be a mod or content creator and gives the equivalent of state run advice and analysis.

Perfectly said!
    Hollywood_ wrote: »
    Kabam have nothing to introduce for community, so they bringing all the same content but now getting expensive, lol @GroundedWisdom you should play this T4CC quest all 6 days in a row, might be you need more than others, cheer up boy, and ask to kabam to fix the overheating and phone hangs bugs in android too rather than launching this stupid quests, @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Spice @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab whenever kabam introduce or launching something then they always launch new bugs too, I don't need nothing new, all community want to fix all bugs, I found its irritating, difficult and yes your deserve million of slangs/abusing if million people playing this game, lol hats off to you all... Thanks for wasting my time 😂😂😂

Every one? No. Lol. I'm running Science and Mystic because I need 2 Science and 3 Mystic for some R4s. Lol.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    mike867 wrote: »
    this game is a joke now. with AQ updates, I changed my alliance mid-event and Kabam didn't inform about the fact that I won't be eligible for rewards. now I have to wait TWO full weeks before I get glory or crystals. shady business practice from Kabam, unethical and glad to see them facing all these server and overheating issues

You didn't think changing your alliance middle of an AQ event would result in loss of rewards?

The reason it has to be has that way is very obvious.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I ran one last night and was disappointed. Just spend the energy and time running through Master. You'll get a lot more shards from the crystals they reward you with there. I'm sure you'll see a lot more catalyst crystal offers for units, I'm sure they're a cash cow with how long they take to accumulate.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The way I see these t4cc quests is more of a last resort type of thing. I think we can all agree that with the energy cost and the small payout rate these are not meant to be somewhere that you can form a full t4cc. I am in complete agreement that this quest is pretty much useless unless two things happen. 1: I am within 1500 catalyst fragments of forming a 3rd or 4th t4cc, and 2: It happens to be the day corresponding to the type of t4cc I am looking for. Unless both of these things occur I won't ever be running these quests. For the 3 years that I have been playing this game, I can only remember this ever happening to me once (except with the t3cc, so I could sell for 180 fragments).
  • RementerRementer Posts: 6
    I agree. this game is in the business of making you spend time and $. Then they really rip you off by taking your thing from you. Once you reach a certain point of upgrading your charitors your stuck and can't get enough of anything to up grade the *4's. Then the advancement stops. And your stuck fight guys much stronger than yours.
    Not only that but I am tired of this game taking away my hard work and just getting rid of my Infanidy dust, forcing a time limit on the PYM canister quest is stupid. I worked hard to get all of this stuff and they just take it away. Why should we play a game that takes years to move from one level to the next? Why should we play a game that is willing to take away all of the rewards for the work we put in? This is why I stopped playing the first time.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    As grounded points out not all players collect glory. But even having said that the cost in time and energy for 1550 shard is rediculous...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Most of those who do not collect glory are also probably not level 60 and don't have 70 energy to run off to begin with, so if it is, in point of fact, for those players, it isn't doing them any favors because they have to stop and wait for energy more often, so running the entire quest will take them longer for the same 1550...
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★

Every one? No. Lol. I'm running Science and Mystic because I need 2 Science and 3 Mystic for some R4s. Lol.

Someone
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Let’s not pretend it’s built for growing players to advance, it’s to get small amount and even then - that’s such a waste of energy with rewards left on the table from story and event quests instead, one of which has a time when they disappear. Just get glory and use your precious energy other places.

This recommendation would make sense if a player was always energy constrained. I'm not, and I doubt if any player not uncollected is likely to consistently be energy constrained. By the end of the month even doing the T4B daily I'm often just running the T3 cat daily even though I'm overflowing with them, just to sell them. The expert proving ground offers fifteen times the return for about three times the energy.

Energy is precious in the same way in-game gold is precious. Some people never have enough, some players always have more than they can burn. And that's true across most levels of play.

In my experience I was always using my energy trying to complete both the monthly event quest, as well as story quest while throwing in a tier 3 or 2 event in order to rank my 4 stars when i was coming up in the game. While some may not have issues with energy I think many actually do, when you're not at level 60 and haven't finished act 4 yet. Unless you have a bunch of refills you got through arena or other random means, the cap isn't that high even for high end players who have maxed out energy levels, and for those this would supposedly be targeting, I would imagine they are still trying to get a wide variety of resources including units, mastery items, and lower catalysts. Which is why other players commenting before me nailed it in my opinion - this quest is not really targeted at a specific group whether anyone says it is or not. No high end player will be doing it every day as they are already either swimming in t4cc or just will do it to complete a whole catalyst at the end when they are close - or a up and coming player who needs any rewards they can get and isn't ready to even think about ranking out a 4star or 5 star anyway. That's why so many were upset about the energy level required and low output. It's not like we have an arena for people to grind and get a guaranteed full version of one - so I wonder why some think this was a good solution for those in need of more, when it takes so long to build up to one anyway. It's not like the days of old when you had just the event quest and regular catalysts daily runs to do only - there's usually so much happening at the same time on top of progression through the acts, that having any player who is wanting to start building their stash do this seems to me a big waste of time. Especially when they could jump in an alliance running 1-3 or 4 and start building glory to get them while earning fragments that pay almost the same amount anyway.

That's my biggest issue with them - it feels like more unbalanced content, not taking into account real needs of the players and trying to get them to burn their energy, then use units or refills to complete it for a small yield at the end. They could have done a little better.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Even if you have a class you're pulling for lets say you want to rank up that blade do you know how much days you have to grind for a full skill cat, its not like you're getting a full one or even half for completing a quest, you're only getting about 1500 once per week for that skill..... really that's a waste of time. think about it a full one is 36k frags and you're only getting like 1400 or 1500 per class now. It would take doing the same class 25 times to actually get one tier 4 skill catalyst...... at 3425 energy hmmmmm you might as well do uncollected and master quest with that energy for better reward or even use your glory.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    edited July 2018
    Why would someone who isn't uncollected not only run these but also advocate for other to run them? Such a waste of time and energy.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Throwaway wrote: »
    But you’re telling me, if I do that for 24 days, the best part of a month, then I’ll be able to get one t4c of my choice and I’m supposed to think it’s a good idea and thing to spend time to do?

24 WEEKS, not days. 1500 per week. That's ~5.5 MONTHS to get 1 t4c from the quest, ~1.4 YEARS to take one champ to r5

I meant that as more of a total, not a timespan. Looking back I probably should have been more specific but I did mean 24 times you’d have to do it. But yeah, 24 times would be over 24 weeks.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    At the end of every month quest, there are many days where there is nothing to use energy on. This is an alternative at that point.
  • DANTEPLAYMCOCDANTEPLAYMCOC Posts: 5

That's not the case just because u have a lot of t4 doesn't mean that half the community does

That's not the case just because u have a lot of t4 doesn't mean that half the community does

I think you may have misunderstood me. I don't have alot. I have some. I need those two Classes to take some Champs to R4. That's why I'm running the Proving Grounds.
  • CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    While this won't help me quickly get T4 class cats, I was pleasantly surprised to see this and hope it sticks around.

I don't get anywhere near 4000 glory a week. I'm sitting on 2700 glory and that's probably 3 weeks worth for me. If you guys get 4k a week that's great for you. It takes me a VERY long time to get t4 class cats so this is just one more piece of the puzzle.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Lvernon15 wrote: »
    They are completly trash, I think they should have 3x rewards or cost 1 energy to be viable, they are just there for when you need a very small amount of shards to finish a catalyst

1-2 energy would make them reasonable. Increasing rewards a little bit would be good too.