**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Howard Results

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
Anyone know what he went for? Haven't seen much about it. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback so I can have the data before it's processed online. Thanks.

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Cutoff seems to be in the 2.4m range from what I saw on Trucos FB page.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    OK. Thanks.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Uh...think he went for around 2.4 million from what I saw on Reddit. That's really low for a high prestige champ, even if semi-useless.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Sounds a bit higher than Winter Soldier. How is Howard worth more than WS to people? People are strange.
    I have his 3* at R4 sig 40 and has served me well. Poison, shock, regen. His heavy attack and SP2 work wonders against evade champs. He also has a stacked combo attack meter (like Starlord), but his combo meter has a timer...

He's my 4th highest PI (compared to other 3*) behind only Mordo, Phoenix, and Quake.

All that being said, while I think he's above average, I'm not going to take him into Act 5...
    I honestly expected him to be closer to 3.0m. I was surprised to see him that low. I was also surprised to see WS at 2.2m (especially with all the WW2 and Guilly love and their synergies).

Either way, WS ended up being an easy acquisition (round 1) and dupe (round 2). Duck was an easy round 1. I'm debating whether I go for the easy Duck dupe or the 3* punisher...
    I'll be Grinding both. Mostly I want Howie for collection purposes, and Synergy with my Gwen.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I'll be Grinding both. Mostly I want Howie for collection purposes, and Synergy with my Gwen.

Please tell me you mean Gwenpool and not Spider-Gwen.

Please tell me you mean Gwenpool and not Spider-Gwen.

Well, of course. ;)
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Sounds a bit higher than Winter Soldier. How is Howard worth more than WS to people? People are strange.

Maybe because Howard is a fairly recent champs, and this is his first Basic Arena, and WS has been here since the beginning of the game ?
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 843 ★★★
    I accidentally got him at 2.5, was hoping for shards but not complaining since I didn't have him.
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    I got Howard at approx. 2.8 mil
    WS 2nd attempt was a higher cutoff than the first round is what I heard.
    Safe bet for Howard might be 3 mil on round 2..
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    2,538,817 was my score.
  • Reklaw5Reklaw5 Posts: 58
    I had 2,533,373 and got him. I am just trying to add to my 4* count. Will just be doing milestones for all arenas this time.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Very low cutoff for one of the group of ****/undesirable champs. I don't know why Kabam doesn't take the hint on champs like this and buff them and/or redesign them. Look at what is coming to the 5* crystal this month 6 garbage champs. There are youtube videos advising people to open crystals before these champs are added. But Kabam does not think to improve Luke Cage, Spider gwen, Kamala, etc... They must know who the **** champs are. I mean they regularly allege that they play the game. Really quite baffling.
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    Very low cutoff for one of the group of ****/undesirable champs. I don't know why Kabam doesn't take the hint on champs like this and buff them and/or redesign them. Look at what is coming to the 5* crystal this month 6 garbage champs. There are youtube videos advising people to open crystals before these champs are added. But Kabam does not think to improve Luke Cage, Spider gwen, Kamala, etc... They must know who the **** champs are. I mean they regularly allege that they play the game. Really quite baffling.

I saw the videos too.. I opened my 5 * yesterday.. was hoping not to land any of the iron man family champs.. will be destroyed if I pull a spider-gwen after july 4th.. Ended up pulling a Ronan! now I'm confused wheter to be happy or sad.. he is better than IM, SIM, IP, HB for sure thou..

• Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    Hfm61ip7ahp0d.jpg
    hope that helps
  • Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    And I was surprised he was that low, mostly for prestige and collection purposes, I don't see the score changing much in the second round though
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Addyos wrote: »
    Uh...think he went for around 2.4 million from what I saw on Reddit. That's really low for a high prestige champ, even if semi-useless.

Not really. Phoenix has higher prestige and went for 2.2 million in round one and 3 million in round two; about 2.6 million on average. Howard basically landed right where he should have landed given past history.

The thing about thinking that high prestige will push a champion way past their intrinsic utility value in the arena is that over ten thousand people get the basic. There (apparently) simply isn't that many players that a) care enough about prestige to push that much harder for a prestige champ, b) don't actually already have the champ, and c) think everyone else will push that much harder for a prestige champ. All three have to be true for over ten thousand arena grinders for the cut off score to increase substantially.