**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MS worth ranking a 5* to R5

Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
Not many options to rank to rank a 5* to R5. Already have Blade as R5. Other options besides MS are Magik, Hulk OG, Hyperion, Ultron or Sabretooth. I also have a 6* Duped GG that I could take to R3 in a month as an option. I would also need to use a generic AG on the MS, Hyperion or ST.

Thoughts?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Sabretooth and MS are both great options. I would go with either. Also, don’t you need T5C to rank 6* to R3? I wouldn’t know, I only have one that’ll never see the light of R2.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Meant R2 for GG - typo
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Hort4 wrote: »
    Not many options to rank to rank a 5* to R5. Already have Blade as R5. Other options besides MS are Magik, Hulk OG, Hyperion, Ultron or Sabretooth. I also have a 6* Duped GG that I could take to R3 in a month as an option. I would also need to use a generic AG on the MS, Hyperion or ST.

Thoughts?

Absolutely crazy how you’re basically in the same position as me. I have a generic I’m debating on using on MS and have Hyperion at r4 already. Think I might awaken the MS if I don’t get something soon and r5 her

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Hort4 wrote: »

Thoughts?

I think it depends greatly on how good you are with Morningstar. I've seen great things done with her, but I think she is a bit like Ghost Rider in the sense that some people seem to play the champ well and get great results and others don't. If you're one of those people that gets great results from Morningstar, then I think that's a legitimate choice for R5. Magik, Hyperion, and Sabretooth are also good choices because they are all good playable options and can do double duty as decent defenders when not being played.

But if you're not sure, you can also wait: there are potentially better options out there you might pull between now and when you have to use the resources. My thinking on upgrades when it comes to hard to get resources is if the rank up is going to save you time and/or money or is going to make your gameplay significantly better right now, then a bird in the hand is worth taking now. But if it isn't going to be game changing, I generally wait until it is.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    One of big issues for me is all the Medusas that you run into in AW. MS seems like one of the better options. I am not real skilled with her yet but only had her a fairly short time. Like the game play of ST a lot but he doesn’t look like as good an option against Medusa and IMIW.
  • Ms is a beast and has the ability to destroy almost anything. It's worth it to get used to fighting with her. Building souls can be a pain but a high rank helps deal with that. She's as good on defense as any other champs or boss candidates imo. But, the MD change that may be coming could hurt that side of things.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I'm very reluctant about taking a 5* to r5. In most cases I think you're better off using the resources for two additional r4 5*s or waiting for that 6* special enough to go to r2. Really what are you getting out of it? Extra life and possibly saving yourself a combo or tell? MS may be an exception to that though. The additional life and power can help sustain her life even longer making it all the easier to collect the vaunted 5 souls. Tough decision, I'm facing it also.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    MS is trash. Hyperion is your best choice unless you want marshmallow hands.

Have you used MS? Surprised to hear someone say she’s trash...

Bro seriously, you are comparing MS to The super god Hyperion???

Bro get this: MS is not a god tier champ. Hyperion is. I am surprise this is even a question. You really have to know very little to nothing about this game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I'm very reluctant about taking a 5* to r5. In most cases I think you're better off using the resources for two additional r4 5*s or waiting for that 6* special enough to go to r2. Really what are you getting out of it? Extra life and possibly saving yourself a combo or tell? MS may be an exception to that though. The additional life and power can help sustain her life even longer making it all the easier to collect the vaunted 5 souls. Tough decision, I'm facing it also.

There are a lot of reasons to take one thing to R5 over using the resources on more R4s, but one area in which the extra health can be a dramatic difference is any champion with health recovery. If you're upgrading Blade, or Rogue, or MS (who has life steal with five souls and regen steal when awakened) then the higher health could be the difference between losing health in every fight to gaining health in every fight, something that can save significant resources in many cases.

Also, if you are spending a lot of potions and spending glory or units on them, anything that will reduce that expense significantly could be worth the rank up resources, heal or no heal. It might be alliance war or it might be uncollected difficulty bosses: its different for every player. Some don't need the firepower, some could save money if they did.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

Bro get this: MS is not a god tier champ. Hyperion is. I am surprise this is even a question. You really have to know very little to nothing about this game.

Well firstly at 5 souls she does similar or even more damage than Hyperion. She’s also much better at taking down Medusa/Hyperion and has been used to clear LOL 100%. I wouldn’t also be asking who I should rank 5 as a 5* if I knew nothing about the game...

Well firstly at 5 souls she does similar or even more damage than Hyperion. She’s also much better at taking down Medusa/Hyperion and has been used to clear LOL 100%. I wouldn’t also be asking who I should rank 5 as a 5* if I knew nothing about the game...

Similar damage to Hyperion. 😂 go ahead and 5/65 her then. This is the biggest joke of July for me. Thank you for making my day. I am just wasting my time. Just find some videos of 5/65 Hyperion in youtube first before talking this $&$)&&))$$

Similar damage to Hyperion. 😂 go ahead and 5/65 her then. This is the biggest joke of July for me. Thank you for making my day. I am just wasting my time. Just find some videos of 5/65 Hyperion in youtube first before talking this $&$)&&))$$

Wow. I’ve never seen such an inflated and overhyped opinion before. The arrogance is insane. You know Hyperion is not the be all end all. Not even close. There are other good champs out there, even better than Hyperion. Maybe if you were more open minded you might realize it. Maybe even find a new favorite.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    So capWW2 is one of those who go around saying good champions are trash because their damage doesn't amount to some others well there are other factors too like utility
    Ms is just an ok defender that is about it. She is marshmallow hands.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Magik is my favorite champ in this game. I’ve had her at 5/65 for 6-7 months now. Don’t regret it one bit. She is a staple in my roster
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @danielmath They need you again. 😏
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Magik is my favorite champ in this game. I’ve had her at 5/65 for 6-7 months now. Don’t regret it one bit. She is a staple in my roster

Magik is a good choice for 5/65. At least she power controls well. I like magik and never pull her as 5 star 😢
    edited August 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Wow. I’ve never seen such an inflated and overhyped opinion before. The arrogance is insane. You know Hyperion is not the be all end all. Not even close. There are other good champs out there, even better than Hyperion. Maybe if you were more open minded you might realize it. Maybe even find a new favorite.

Sir. The fact that MS is good in your eyes does not make a fact that she is GOD tier. Hyperion is the highest heavy hitter damage dealer in the game. Fastest raw damage. He soloes all content including LOL maestro. Again he soloes all content, maybe some AW nodes he is not ideal but that is about it.

It takes more than 15 minutes in LOL to take a champ down with MS pillow hands and considering that champ has buffs because if the enemy does not have buffs MS is air hands.

You can have your own opinion fine. But MS is not god tier period.

Do not compare Magik or Hyperion to MS please. Do yourself a favor 😂
    edited August 2018

Sir. The fact that MS is good in your eyes does not make a fact that she is GOD tier. Hyperion is the highest heavy hitter damage dealer in the game. Fastest raw damage. He soloes all content including LOL maestro. Again he soloes all content, maybe some AW nodes he is not ideal but that is about it.

It takes more than 15 minutes in LOL to take a champ down with MS pillow hands and considering that champ has buffs because if the enemy does not have buffs MS is air hands.

Looks like you're asking for a roast lmao

What do you mean by that?

I will not get intimidated by some random guy that chose to $&$&@$$. I have my opinion if you dont like it you dont need to attack personally just ignore me and move on.

I like to keep things real and on perspective. I would not 5/65 anyone who is not GOD tier period. I would not rank 2 a 6 star for prestige like the guy of this thread is suggesting. Mr. Green pillow globin 😂. T5B are really rare and precious and the GOD tier champs are very rare to obtain. If you have one good for you. This guy has 2 of them and he is neglecting for a soso champ 😂. Even Sabretooth is better choice than MS.

Reasons:
    1. She is not GOD tier
    2. MD is getting change or nerfed however you want to call it.
    3. Building souls is a pain in the behind.
    4. Her synergys are a flat out gas.
    5. Agaisnt champs without buffs she is just nauseating.
    6. At 5/65 her punches are 4000 damage on the high critical ones 😂 give me a break.
    7. She is not the best Medusa killer. Even Hood is better than her. Hold on. Even 4 star SW is better than her. I personally kill medusa with any champ. She is somewhat irrelevant. Learn how to fight the autoblock mechanics. When she reaches living strands do one hit + special combo then intercepts and rinse repeat.

Pros:
    1. She is very good agaisnt champs with buffs just like a female version of Ronan with no stun in power wise.
    2. MD still is ok agaisnt buff champs power is gain Ie. Medusa.
    3. Her SP 2 can be powerful true but at what cost. How much timeeeee bro?
    4. Good top AW defense.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    One of the bear war bosses out there. Yep.

Looks like you're asking for a roast lmao

What do you mean by that?

I will not get intimidated by some random guy that chose to $&$&@$$. I have my opinion if you dont like it you dont need to attack personally just ignore me and move on.

I like to keep things real and on perspective. I would not 5/65 anyone who is not GOD tier period. I would not rank 2 a 6 star for prestige like the guy of this thread is suggesting. Mr. Green pillow globin 😂. T5B are really rare and precious and the GOD tier champs are very rare to obtain. If you have one good for you. This guy has 2 of them and he is neglecting for a soso champ 😂. Even Sabretooth is better choice than MS.

Reasons:
    1. She is not GOD tier
    2. MD is getting change or nerfed however you want to call it.
    3. Building souls is a pain in the behind.
    4. Her synergys are a flat out gas.
    5. Agaisnt champs without buffs she is just nauseating.
    6. At 5/65 her punches are 4000 damage on the high critical ones 😂 give me a break.
    7. She is not the best Medusa killer. Even Hood is better than her. Hold on. Even 4 star SW is better than her. I personally kill medusa with any champ. She is somewhat irrelevant. Learn how to fight the autoblock mechanics. When she reaches living strands do one hit + special combo then intercepts and rinse repeat.

Pros:
    1. She is very good agaisnt champs with buffs just like a female version of Ronan with no stun in power wise.
    2. MD still is ok agaisnt buff champs power is gain Ie. Medusa.
    3. Her SP 2 can be powerful true but at what cost. How much timeeeee bro?
    4. Good top AW defense.

Nobody was personally attacking you. I simply said your opinion was way overhyped. You’re being dramatic. I also did not say MS was god tier. I didn’t say anything about MS or classify any other champs as god tier. I simply told you to keep an open mind. If you want to flag me for it, it doesn’t bother me.

https://youtu.be/BEIN9WR4Db8

I’ll just leave this here. 1 soul vs 2 buffs. If she’s duped she gets a soul automatically so she can do this potential on the first fight.

The more you know....
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

There are a lot of reasons to take one thing to R5 over using the resources on more R4s, but one area in which the extra health can be a dramatic difference is any champion with health recovery. If you're upgrading Blade, or Rogue, or MS (who has life steal with five souls and regen steal when awakened) then the higher health could be the difference between losing health in every fight to gaining health in every fight, something that can save significant resources in many cases.

Also, if you are spending a lot of potions and spending glory or units on them, anything that will reduce that expense significantly could be worth the rank up resources, heal or no heal. It might be alliance war or it might be uncollected difficulty bosses: its different for every player. Some don't need the firepower, some could save money if they did.

This is fair, and the point about regen makes much sense. That other guy will call me a moron I'm sure, but I believe I'll be r5ing my MS before my Magik or my Hype.