I don’t get champs I’m dying to get. Should I quit?

2

Comments

  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 186
    Just forgot something : KABAM stop pulling this overtrashy champ named COLOSSUS on featured 5* cristal for God sake !
  • Bapoi wrote: »
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    SVWI wrote: »
    Edit: oops nvm didn’t see u were a vet. Even so do u mind posting ur roster so people can see if u have a hidden gem?

    My top 5* champs are Luke, Magic, Ultron, Phoenix, bpcw and Colossus and only recently I have pulled AA. Colossus was my only duped for a long time so ranked him up! Other than that only luke and phoenix are duped here. And I used an awakening gem on AA.

    I have a few decent champs that I can R3 without a question, but for R4, esp. R5 option I’ve got none. Some say since now that I’ve pulled AA I could psbly think about maxing him, but I really don’t think I should do it.

    From Seatin’s tier list for August-2018, I only have three champs (unduped magic, AA, and Luke) out of God/Demigod tier (3 out of 33). Yes, I have seen people having worse roster than myself. My heartdfelt condolences to them!

    A note: if you’re going by seatin, he’s said that he plans to r5 his unduped lc on his f2p account.

    Another note:

    Seatin maybe rocking the whole buddy-jesus vibe...
    His word isn’t gospel. It’s his opinion.

    One of my favorite champs is CM. She gets **** done.
    Nowhere near this so-called bible everyone seems to think they need to play well.

    Hey no need for that. Only brought up seatin because the op clearly values the tier list as a resource.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Do arenas, even if it’s boring. Arena is your best shot to get a decent champ based on your explanation that you’re unable to get a good pull.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 3,002 ★★★★★
    I'm with you man, feel like I'm commenting in these sort of threads more and more lately. Like you I have a couple worthwhile champs, X23, Hela, Yondu and from a calender gmc Morningstar, but the majority of my 5* aren't worth the rank up materials. I have I think 17 now, with a duped Howard and double duped Yondu. I'm ready to move into 5.3 but would like to bring a second champ to R4 to go with X23 and am holding out for someone I have no hesitation to rank since i only have 4 t2a.

    Im considering MS once i have the mystic cats but with soul build up necessary to reach her potential I don't think she's a great option for act 5. I just want one, just one, upper tier 5* and I'll be content but it's just not happening for me and its really frustrating at this point.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 986 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I'm with you man, feel like I'm commenting in these sort of threads more and more lately. Like you I have a couple worthwhile champs, X23, Hela, Yondu and from a calender gmc Morningstar, but the majority of my 5* aren't worth the rank up materials. I have I think 17 now, with a duped Howard and double duped Yondu. I'm ready to move into 5.3 but would like to bring a second champ to R4 to go with X23 and am holding out for someone I have no hesitation to rank since i only have 4 t2a.

    Im considering MS once i have the mystic cats but with soul build up necessary to reach her potential I don't think she's a great option for act 5. I just want one, just one, upper tier 5* and I'll be content but it's just not happening for me and its really frustrating at this point.

    Um, look up something called Resistor or Rage nodes in Act 5.4. Then read up her Sp2 ability. Might want to change your mind there.

    For me MS was also my MVP against final boss Ultron. And I took a 5* Blade, 4* Medusa and 4* Loki to battle him. With 5 souls, she was almost unstoppable against him. 50% Perfect Block so little need to parry him, Life Steal to keep regenerating health and her Unblockable Sp2 to deal with his insane buffs if they triggered. She helped save me a ton of potions and revives, where I could genuinely claim that I beat Act 5 100% without spending units (apart from buying energy refills).

    And...she doesn't need the dupe, but having her awakened ability makes her even better, as she can steal a portion of fury, regen or power gain buffs an opponent has. The extra regen comes very handy against healing champs or nodes with Masochism and Buffet, of which there are a few in Act 5.

    Like I said, you should read up a little about MS before having that absurd opinion of her lol.

  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 3,002 ★★★★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I'm with you man, feel like I'm commenting in these sort of threads more and more lately. Like you I have a couple worthwhile champs, X23, Hela, Yondu and from a calender gmc Morningstar, but the majority of my 5* aren't worth the rank up materials. I have I think 17 now, with a duped Howard and double duped Yondu. I'm ready to move into 5.3 but would like to bring a second champ to R4 to go with X23 and am holding out for someone I have no hesitation to rank since i only have 4 t2a.

    Im considering MS once i have the mystic cats but with soul build up necessary to reach her potential I don't think she's a great option for act 5. I just want one, just one, upper tier 5* and I'll be content but it's just not happening for me and its really frustrating at this point.

    Um, look up something called Resistor or Rage nodes in Act 5.4. Then read up her Sp2 ability. Might want to change your mind there.

    For me MS was also my MVP against final boss Ultron. And I took a 5* Blade, 4* Medusa and 4* Loki to battle him. With 5 souls, she was almost unstoppable against him. 50% Perfect Block so little need to parry him, Life Steal to keep regenerating health and her Unblockable Sp2 to deal with his insane buffs if they triggered. She helped save me a ton of potions and revives, where I could genuinely claim that I beat Act 5 100% without spending units (apart from buying energy refills).

    And...she doesn't need the dupe, but having her awakened ability makes her even better, as she can steal a portion of fury, regen or power gain buffs an opponent has. The extra regen comes very handy against healing champs or nodes with Masochism and Buffet, of which there are a few in Act 5.

    Like I said, you should read up a little about MS before having that absurd opinion of her lol.

    I'm well versed on her abilities, I'm not however on the nodes etc of act 5 chapters 3 and 4. I know how effective she is at 5 souls, my expectation based on the level of opponents in act 5 was more that getting to 5 souls would be the challenge. Obviously to confirm that I would have to use her there, but I don't see how that's an absurd expectation.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Magik and AA are both "god tier"

    I took AA to r4 unawakened and once awakened I didn't hesitate to bring him to r5. So much gain from him
  • SVWISVWI Posts: 75
    Hey a
    Just forgot something : KABAM stop pulling this overtrashy champ named COLOSSUS on featured 5* cristal for God sake !

    Hey, Colossus is among the top 10 champs on my roster. Impressive, isn’t it?
  • SVWISVWI Posts: 75
    A note: if you’re going by seatin, he’s said that he plans to r5 his unduped lc on his f2p account. [/quote]

    I wouldn’t hesitate, only if it were my f2p a/c also!

  • SVWISVWI Posts: 75
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    SVWI wrote: »
    I believe I deserve

    That's the primary source of your dissatisfaction.

    Let's say for the sake of argument that Kabam implemented your suggestion:
    Suggestion: Please create a poll. Make a list of top 3 most desired champs and make sure whoever is uncollected, or whoever has fully explored act 5 gets at least one of them.

    After they did, all uncollected would have at least one. So you'd be back to square zero, because having one wouldn't mean anything. The people with stronger rosters than you would still mostly have stronger rosters than you. Top alliances would want even more from their members, because it would be a given that everyone would have at least one. If other players appear more desirable than you to top alliances, there's no way to hand out more rewards to everyone, or even just all of the higher players, in a way that would make you look any better to those alliances. Instead of complaining that you didn't have any, you'd be here complaining to didn't have every.

    That’s not true. You don’t get to R5 every 5* you have. I’m only asking for someone I would be happy to R5!
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    SVWI wrote: »
    roberto94 wrote: »
    Do arenas, even if it’s boring. Arena is your best shot to get a decent champ based on your explanation that you’re unable to get a good pull.

    Don’t you think 5* arena is a good way to lose your job, family and everything you care about more for?

    Buddy, I think you’re going to far to judge the arena how it affect the life. You basically just need to grind milestones and nothing else, PLUS you have 3 days of arena time to visit little by little from time to time. I’m not saying you have to do arena nonstop when, forgive my brain for not thinking it through how I meant, I actually meant the other way around as I said above :) 2-3-4basic and 4 featured milestones gives together around 40k PHC shards, units around 400 something. If you have too little time then doing just 3* arena is good enough to build up :)

    Or was I harassing your life style in any way?

  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,454 ★★★★★
    r5 Magik will get you into most plat alliances ...
  • SanaruanSanaruan Posts: 16
    edited August 2018
    if you pull through the current event wish you luck on pulling a stark spidey from the 5* cinematic crystals :smile:
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Yes quit, not like you gonna make a dent if u do...
  • xdethsquadxxdethsquadx Posts: 46
    Hey, I have a R5 Angie. I got no Blade, stark, iceman, medusa, void, ghulk. I see some guys pull gods and dupe on every pull. Rng my aunt fanny
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,179 ★★★★★
    I’ll go through droughts when everything is a boring champ, or my PHCs are all 2mstars, and then i’ll Get a week like this when I pulled three Hulk Rags. One was a 4 star from a PHC, and the other two were 5 stars (one on each of my accounts). Also my drop rate on PHCs this week has been reversed, with mostly 3 stars, one four star, and only a couple of 2s.

    Next week will undoubtedly return to the norm. Keep playing. You’ll get better pulls.
  • Ady72Ady72 Posts: 42
    Yes you should clearly quit. You need a game which you can get exactly what you want when you want it. This isn’t that game. Goodbye
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 815 ★★★★
    Arena, arena, arena.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 4,374 ★★★★★
    Just be patient. They will come eventually.

    When someone said that to you about “5* dups” I’m pretty sure you weren’t very happy.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    I had hoped that spending lots of cold hard cash would give me a hidden “valued paying customer” perk but that plan failed miserably.
    After two pretty solid years of playing, and opening 10 featured 5* crystals I have 0/33 God/High Demi-god tier 5* champs(got 15 as 4*s). For Low Demi-god’s I’ve got 5 but only hulk is awakened by use of a gem. My only duped 5* out of 25 is NC!
    Needless to say, I haven’t played much since I pulled She-hulk 5 months ago. After 6 days back in action, I’m ready to quit again..
    Good luck out there!
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Yup, quitting is the only way to get anything you want
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 3,002 ★★★★★
    Tonedef wrote: »
    I had hoped that spending lots of cold hard cash would give me a hidden “valued paying customer” perk but that plan failed miserably.
    After two pretty solid years of playing, and opening 10 featured 5* crystals I have 0/33 God/High Demi-god tier 5* champs(got 15 as 4*s). For Low Demi-god’s I’ve got 5 but only hulk is awakened by use of a gem. My only duped 5* out of 25 is NC!
    Needless to say, I haven’t played much since I pulled She-hulk 5 months ago. After 6 days back in action, I’m ready to quit again..
    Good luck out there!

    Funny you said that because I'm of the exact opposite mind set. If I wasn't so sure I'll be disappointed by what i pull I'd probably drop a whole lot more cash in the game. As is I'll only put out any money when it's a guarantee I'll get something worthwhile, like 4th of July deal. If I had the 5* luck as some of my teammates I would have bought the 5* shard package they had the other day for example. It's disappointing enough getting a lot of bad pulls, if they were costing me actual cash it would be so much worse.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,327 Guardian
    SVWI wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    SVWI wrote: »
    I believe I deserve

    That's the primary source of your dissatisfaction.

    Let's say for the sake of argument that Kabam implemented your suggestion:
    Suggestion: Please create a poll. Make a list of top 3 most desired champs and make sure whoever is uncollected, or whoever has fully explored act 5 gets at least one of them.

    After they did, all uncollected would have at least one. So you'd be back to square zero, because having one wouldn't mean anything. The people with stronger rosters than you would still mostly have stronger rosters than you. Top alliances would want even more from their members, because it would be a given that everyone would have at least one. If other players appear more desirable than you to top alliances, there's no way to hand out more rewards to everyone, or even just all of the higher players, in a way that would make you look any better to those alliances. Instead of complaining that you didn't have any, you'd be here complaining to didn't have every.

    That’s not true. You don’t get to R5 every 5* you have. I’m only asking for someone I would be happy to R5!

    If you're trying to get into an alliance that laughs at rosters right off the bat, I'm thinking they have more than one R5. *I'm* half way to my second R5, and I'm in an alliance that last finished in Gold 2.
  • That how it works.. Marvel contest of champions teaches you that you need to work enable to get the best things working for you.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    I think to many people get locked into Champs they want as opposed to making the best from what they have. Sure, everyone wants the new shiny Champ that everyone says is op but sometimes that's not is the cards. Play the hand you are dealt. My first duped 5* was CM back when 5* first came out. She was my first r4. She's not the "sexy" rank but she wrecks s**t and hits like a truck. She's helped me plow through a lot of content. If you do research on the Champs you have you'll find there are plenty of sleepers. Champs no one talks about but will help you tremendously. The YouTube "experts" are just people paid to give their opinions, nothing more.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,452 ★★★★★
    SVWI wrote: »
    Edit: oops nvm didn’t see u were a vet. Even so do u mind posting ur roster so people can see if u have a hidden gem?

    My top 5* champs are Luke, Magic, Ultron, Phoenix, bpcw and Colossus and only recently I have pulled AA. Colossus was my only duped for a long time so ranked him up! Other than that only luke and phoenix are duped here. And I used an awakening gem on AA.

    I have a few decent champs that I can R3 without a question, but for R4, esp. R5 option I’ve got none. Some say since now that I’ve pulled AA I could psbly think about maxing him, but I really don’t think I should do it.

    From Seatin’s tier list for August-2018, I only have three champs (unduped magic, AA, and Luke) out of God/Demigod tier (3 out of 33). Yes, I have seen people having worse roster than myself. My heartdfelt condolences to them!

    my roster is far worst, im a vet
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 283 ★★
    Spend money. I spenf money. My last 2 pulls from gmc and a fgmc hyperion 5* heimdall 5* and that list of 5*s you got seemed small no god tier 4*s? Cause 4*s are far from trash. Unless this is aboug LOL run then i get it
Sign In or Register to comment.