Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

1383941434451

Comments

  • jay_says_hijay_says_hi Posts: 13
    @Kabam Lyra Are there any plans to have a mastery core sale during Summoner Appreciation week? I feel like that would be very helpful to a lot of people in the community.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    If you respect how people feel why keep posting your opinions in this thread? We already know you love kabam and they never do any wrong. You said you were done posting here awhile ago.

    You mean if I respect how people feel, I should just shut up? No. There's a difference between respecting how people feel and being silenced. Respecting how people feel means not telling them they're wrong to feel that way and not trying to stop them from speaking. It doesn't entail agreeing or being silenced because people are petitioning.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    I would actually like you to do that cause I got the aw bundle and it was definitely not very good at all. Now I was not expecting anything crazy or anything but some lvl 3 team pots or something no just lvl 1 trash pots I mean for real I get better rewards from sa then this supposed Summoner appreciation week trash

    Well, that depends. Are we addressing the Package, or the total Summoner Appreciation Event? There's been a great deal of defocusing on what it's called that, in my opinion, is useless. You could call it Rutabega and the reaction would be the same. In any case, add up all that we're getting, convert that to the cost in Units in-game, and you will see it's not as worthless as people are saying. This whole hang-up on the fact that there's only 1000 5* Shards is all wrapped up in the expectation that they would give X amount of Shards from Y amount of Arenas and Wars, that could have been earned, and you can't base a Competiton on potential Rewards. Even in situations that have issues with Arenas, the most common resolution is to rerun. Why....because it's Rewards earned. Not Rewards owed because of potential to earn. I can run every Arena and make 1-10% and I'm not guaranteed Rewards in the next because I have to put up the Points to be owed them. Same for War. Whether it's the same value as what people COULD have earned is not the same as whether the Event has a value in general.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    If you respect how people feel why keep posting your opinions in this thread? We already know you love kabam and they never do any wrong. You said you were done posting here awhile ago.

    You mean if I respect how people feel, I should just shut up? No. There's a difference between respecting how people feel and being silenced. Respecting how people feel means not telling them they're wrong to feel that way and not trying to stop them from speaking. It doesn't entail agreeing or being silenced because people are petitioning.

    And now certain people chose to only answer certain questions that can only further their own agenda. I guess if someone was to openly admit that they were in no way inconvenienced or effected by the code that caused people's phones to burn out then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on and their wisdom would be unfounded and every opinion on any of these subjects would be completely unjustified.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    If you respect how people feel why keep posting your opinions in this thread? We already know you love kabam and they never do any wrong. You said you were done posting here awhile ago.

    You mean if I respect how people feel, I should just shut up? No. There's a difference between respecting how people feel and being silenced. Respecting how people feel means not telling them they're wrong to feel that way and not trying to stop them from speaking. It doesn't entail agreeing or being silenced because people are petitioning.

    Then why do you try to silence people’s opinions? You say you don’t but we all know you do. You say you respect us but then say that “no amount will ever be enough” and just disregard us. You are as disrespectful as you claim to be respectful.

    That's not silencing people. That's observations based on years of experience. It's also in writing. You can search as far as the Forum allows, even further in the old Forum, and there are always complaints of dissatisfaction with anything given. There's no silencing in that. I'm not stopping people from talking.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    If you respect how people feel why keep posting your opinions in this thread? We already know you love kabam and they never do any wrong. You said you were done posting here awhile ago.

    You mean if I respect how people feel, I should just shut up? No. There's a difference between respecting how people feel and being silenced. Respecting how people feel means not telling them they're wrong to feel that way and not trying to stop them from speaking. It doesn't entail agreeing or being silenced because people are petitioning.

    And now certain people chose to only answer certain questions that can only further their own agenda. I guess if someone was to openly admit that they were in no way inconvenienced or effected by the code that caused people's phones to burn out then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on and their wisdom would be unfounded and every opinion on any of these subjects would be completely unjustified.

    That's exactly why I didn't respond. It isn't the first time you've tried to make a twist. I'm just not biting.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    If you respect how people feel why keep posting your opinions in this thread? We already know you love kabam and they never do any wrong. You said you were done posting here awhile ago.

    You mean if I respect how people feel, I should just shut up? No. There's a difference between respecting how people feel and being silenced. Respecting how people feel means not telling them they're wrong to feel that way and not trying to stop them from speaking. It doesn't entail agreeing or being silenced because people are petitioning.

    Then why do you try to silence people’s opinions? You say you don’t but we all know you do. You say you respect us but then say that “no amount will ever be enough” and just disregard us. You are as disrespectful as you claim to be respectful.

    That's not silencing people. That's observations based on years of experience. It's also in writing. You can search as far as the Forum allows, even further in the old Forum, and there are always complaints of dissatisfaction with anything given. There's no silencing in that. I'm not stopping people from talking.

    It’s devaluing someone’s opinion by saying “oh they won’t ever be happy, because nothing is enough”. By extension, that implies that whoever said that is not worth listening to because they won’t be happy whatever kabam does.

    That is silencing. Or as good as you can get on a public forum. We know you do it. You know you do it. Stop.

    That's not silencing. That's expressing my opinion. I'm free to do it. You can't argue that I've been silencing people when I held my tongue through days and days of ranting. This is precisely why I said I wasn't going to debate the opinions of others, and yet you feel the need to try and draw me into a debate on it. We'll end the discussion on it here. Not playing.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 732 ★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    I would actually like you to do that cause I got the aw bundle and it was definitely not very good at all. Now I was not expecting anything crazy or anything but some lvl 3 team pots or something no just lvl 1 trash pots I mean for real I get better rewards from sa then this supposed Summoner appreciation week trash

    Well, that depends. Are we addressing the Package, or the total Summoner Appreciation Event? There's been a great deal of defocusing on what it's called that, in my opinion, is useless. You could call it Rutabega and the reaction would be the same. In any case, add up all that we're getting, convert that to the cost in Units in-game, and you will see it's not as worthless as people are saying. This whole hang-up on the fact that there's only 1000 5* Shards is all wrapped up in the expectation that they would give X amount of Shards from Y amount of Arenas and Wars, that could have been earned, and you can't base a Competiton on potential Rewards. Even in situations that have issues with Arenas, the most common resolution is to rerun. Why....because it's Rewards earned. Not Rewards owed because of potential to earn. I can run every Arena and make 1-10% and I'm not guaranteed Rewards in the next because I have to put up the Points to be owed them. Same for War. Whether it's the same value as what people COULD have earned is not the same as whether the Event has a value in general.

    I could care less about the shards. This is the thing I had to use pots and lost boost due to connection issues. Yes they have the halls of healing why should I have to waste my time auto fighting cause of issues kabam was having. I have played this game for three years and I’ve always been satisfied with kabam and their compensation packages. Today I was absolutely disappointed this is just ridiculous. I’ll tell you this I love this game but it’s really starting to make me ponder what direction they’re headed in as in do they even have plans for this game next year. It just feels like let’s get everything we possibly can out of the player base because we don’t know if the doors will be open next year.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    Maybe the $50 deal was part of their compensation. Pay us to feel appreciated? Or, maybe they assumed more people would buy the deal if they provided poor compensation on the same day. People who are sad or upset about something often make bad choices.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    I would actually like you to do that cause I got the aw bundle and it was definitely not very good at all. Now I was not expecting anything crazy or anything but some lvl 3 team pots or something no just lvl 1 trash pots I mean for real I get better rewards from sa then this supposed Summoner appreciation week trash

    Well, that depends. Are we addressing the Package, or the total Summoner Appreciation Event? There's been a great deal of defocusing on what it's called that, in my opinion, is useless. You could call it Rutabega and the reaction would be the same. In any case, add up all that we're getting, convert that to the cost in Units in-game, and you will see it's not as worthless as people are saying. This whole hang-up on the fact that there's only 1000 5* Shards is all wrapped up in the expectation that they would give X amount of Shards from Y amount of Arenas and Wars, that could have been earned, and you can't base a Competiton on potential Rewards. Even in situations that have issues with Arenas, the most common resolution is to rerun. Why....because it's Rewards earned. Not Rewards owed because of potential to earn. I can run every Arena and make 1-10% and I'm not guaranteed Rewards in the next because I have to put up the Points to be owed them. Same for War. Whether it's the same value as what people COULD have earned is not the same as whether the Event has a value in general.

    I could care less about the shards. This is the thing I had to use pots and lost boost due to connection issues. Yes they have the halls of healing why should I have to waste my time auto fighting cause of issues kabam was having. I have played this game for three years and I’ve always been satisfied with kabam and their compensation packages. Today I was absolutely disappointed this is just ridiculous. I’ll tell you this I love this game but it’s really starting to make me ponder what direction they’re headed in as in do they even have plans for this game next year. It just feels like let’s get everything we possibly can out of the player base because we don’t know if the doors will be open next year.

    Those Revs are quite valuable when you run it all week, and there are Boosts all week as well.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    If you respect how people feel why keep posting your opinions in this thread? We already know you love kabam and they never do any wrong. You said you were done posting here awhile ago.

    You mean if I respect how people feel, I should just shut up? No. There's a difference between respecting how people feel and being silenced. Respecting how people feel means not telling them they're wrong to feel that way and not trying to stop them from speaking. It doesn't entail agreeing or being silenced because people are petitioning.

    And now certain people chose to only answer certain questions that can only further their own agenda. I guess if someone was to openly admit that they were in no way inconvenienced or effected by the code that caused people's phones to burn out then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on and their wisdom would be unfounded and every opinion on any of these subjects would be completely unjustified.

    That's exactly why I didn't respond. It isn't the first time you've tried to make a twist. I'm just not biting.

    It's a very simple question with a even simpler answer. It stands to reason that in order to be truly justified or have an opinion taken seriously there needs to be, or at least should be, some experience in the matter at hand.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 732 ★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »
    If you wanted me to add a Unit Value to everything being offered, I could. It would fall on deaf ears because the expectations are just not based in reality. People expected to get paid as if it was lost wages at a job. I'm not engaging in debating how people feel. Partly because I respect their right to feel how they feel, and partly because no amount will be seen as enough.

    I would actually like you to do that cause I got the aw bundle and it was definitely not very good at all. Now I was not expecting anything crazy or anything but some lvl 3 team pots or something no just lvl 1 trash pots I mean for real I get better rewards from sa then this supposed Summoner appreciation week trash

    Well, that depends. Are we addressing the Package, or the total Summoner Appreciation Event? There's been a great deal of defocusing on what it's called that, in my opinion, is useless. You could call it Rutabega and the reaction would be the same. In any case, add up all that we're getting, convert that to the cost in Units in-game, and you will see it's not as worthless as people are saying. This whole hang-up on the fact that there's only 1000 5* Shards is all wrapped up in the expectation that they would give X amount of Shards from Y amount of Arenas and Wars, that could have been earned, and you can't base a Competiton on potential Rewards. Even in situations that have issues with Arenas, the most common resolution is to rerun. Why....because it's Rewards earned. Not Rewards owed because of potential to earn. I can run every Arena and make 1-10% and I'm not guaranteed Rewards in the next because I have to put up the Points to be owed them. Same for War. Whether it's the same value as what people COULD have earned is not the same as whether the Event has a value in general.

    I could care less about the shards. This is the thing I had to use pots and lost boost due to connection issues. Yes they have the halls of healing why should I have to waste my time auto fighting cause of issues kabam was having. I have played this game for three years and I’ve always been satisfied with kabam and their compensation packages. Today I was absolutely disappointed this is just ridiculous. I’ll tell you this I love this game but it’s really starting to make me ponder what direction they’re headed in as in do they even have plans for this game next year. It just feels like let’s get everything we possibly can out of the player base because we don’t know if the doors will be open next year.

    Those Revs are quite valuable when you run it all week, and there are Boosts all week as well

    Ok but again why should I have to waste my time on it. It’s not my fault they could not keep their game running
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 732 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom you still didn’t add a unit value.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    DL864 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom you still didn’t add a unit value.

    I'm sure people can do their own Math. The values are listed in the Store. In answer to your question, the Halls make it accessible for what people need. If they need them, they run it. If we expected them to calculate what everyone used and give that, we would still be waiting.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 882 ★★★
    Well, I look at the bright side of this... at least the conversation about compensation is over.
    I am obviously not compensated, and wasn't expecting to be. I call this my Summoner Appreciation Last Week. Just waiting to claim a few calendar rewards and I will put this account in the freezer. Maybe in the future this game will work, or technology will become so advanced, the game will not lag or freeze.

    And stop feeding the troll!
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,493 ★★★★★
    Cmon guys dont engage with the troll.
  • I still didn’t get the gift, already restarted the app and NOTHING.. What the hell is going on?
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 447 ★★
    Same here. Nothing
  • We have had so many bugs recently that the fact that this is compensation is... disappointing to say the least. Gwenpool to the movies gave us more than Summoner appreciation. Appreciation + Compensation for the bombastic amount of bugs should have been so much more. Come on Kabam please give us something.
  • Am I the only one that still hasn’t gotten their gift for Summoner Appreciation? Tried rebooting the game multiple times and still nothing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,063 ★★★★★
    Comments like that, and you blame ME for people not listening.
  • What else should I try to do? @Kabam Miike
This discussion has been closed.