**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is Parry pretty much disabled?

Update 14 was supposed to fix parry. Well, now it barely works, ever. In AQ i would say it only worked about 10% of my attempts to parry. I spent units today to beat the Map 4 boss. WTH. Why are you doing this to us Kabam? Why arent you responding?

Comments

• Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The timing of parry was adjusted with 14.0. It is harder to do (especially with symbiotes), but still there.
  • Options
    AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    AQ parry is near impossible...which really hurts Thor.
  • Options
    NoobstraNoobstra Posts: 8
    The last few days in AQ, fighting AA has been particularly more challenging than any other champs, and probably pyslocke is next when it comes to trying to parry. I've been getting my ass handed to me when trying to parry and it's just not working no matter how hard i press my screen. It's been terrible. Please Kabam fix this.
  • Options
    mbarry58mbarry58 Posts: 5
    This isn't true. It took me a long time but I've pretty much mastered parrying. Not having the least bit of difficulty parrying after the update. Too many people blame the game for getting worked over rather than acknowledging the fact that their skills are lacking.
  • Options
    mbarry58mbarry58 Posts: 5
    I just took down Psylocke twice in map 5 of AQ, was able to parry her left and right, and didn't sustain a bit of damage.
  • Options
    Farseer123456789Farseer123456789 Posts: 54
    Nah I agree. Something is up with parry. Has the timing changed? We all haven't suddenly stopped being able to block
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Did your alliance prestige increase within the past two weeks ?
  • Options
    jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    The game team will continue to "tweak" parry until it becomes pretty much useless. Look at all the stun immune nodes popping up everywhere. No debuff nodes. This is no accident.
  • Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    I wish a dev would jump on here and say "yes something is off on the parry timing and we are working on it." The silence on it since March makes me believe they don't want us landing parries in AQ and AW. More block damage, more item use...
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Timing has been off since 12.0 update. I started getting used to it, but it definetly changed again with 14.0... and no, it has nothing to do with my skill level, it's not like I'm dying in AQ because I can't parry... it's just not working right.
  • Options
    AviWeizmanAviWeizman Posts: 28
    ive noticed it with mordo when i played the arena yesterday. cant parry after 5 hit combo
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    There isn't anything a mod can say bc they didn't change parry
  • Options
    MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    ive noticed this too. I went from being able to take my own line in map 5 an hour before the update to battling to finish my paths in map 4. Parrying has definitely become harder
  • Options
    NotSOLGarionNotSOLGarion Posts: 37
    edited July 2017
    No matter what people have always complained a out parry timing change after every single update I can remember. I have almost never had any issue even immediately after an update. There are times where maybe the timing was changed and then there is probably a LOT of confirmation bias going on. One rarely gets on to complain about parry working the same so the only people you see are those who had bad matches complaining.

Not saying it is one way or the other this time but after every update? Come on. I went from clearing any lane in Map 5 with little to no damage to being able to clear any lane in Map 5 with little to no damage. I blame Kabam.
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    The AI behavior has been changed. Getting openings to get a parry has been much more difficult. The AI just doesn't let you get them by playing more passively, blocking, or just evading back.
  • Options
    SharkShark Posts: 28
    Just time it better. Its not disabled at all or even close to it.
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    No one said parry was disabled. AI behavior has been changed entirely to give less openings for parrys.
  • Options
    Which is complained about after every single patch. People have a bad fight or series of fights from time to time. If they have one after a patch it is ALWAYS the patches fault. Sometimes it might be, a lot of the times it isn't. If it was a huge problem a ton more people would complain. A ton. Contest players are nothing if not super vocal when they decide they want compensation.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Just because the AI behavior has changed doesn't mean they didn't tinker with parry. Parry most definitely feels different, especially in AQ. Granted, i also see AI behavior is different and doesnt run right into a parry from the start; nonetheless, the timing still feels different. I just wish they would comment and let us know EXACTLY how they altered it in a whole.
  • Options
    Bearz_RuleBearz_Rule Posts: 47
    I have posted many discussions on parry timing and issues since 12.0. It seems to change with every major update (12.0, 13.0, 14.0). Not only had parry changed, but AI behavior has as well, making it even harder to land a parry. Then when you try to change your style of play, from parry to intercept based, the AI destroys you.
  • Options
    DD2 wrote: »
    No one said parry was disabled. AI behavior has been changed entirely to give less openings for parrys.

Ummmm. Title of the post . . .

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,770 ★★★★★
    It is so easy for a Mod to jump in and say nothing changed. So why has no one done it?