**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Col66Col66 Member Posts: 26
    How is this available for everyone to test when you need to be level 99 to apply any points??
  • Bonze9Bonze9 Member Posts: 73
    I’ve been fairly active in this thread, and I would just like to say something. I retract my previous statements! Keep dex how you have it now! Do what ever you want to md and keep your headache of rtds. Only so long as you keep dex just like this! It’s still going to absolutely make my dorm as useful as a throwing a pebble at a giant but I’ll take that hit if you keep dex like this! As soon as the end game players realize why I’m saying this they will agree with me! ;) that’s all!
  • Gambl0rGambl0r Member Posts: 214 ★★
    The update is here, but Mystic Dispersion is still unavailable to rank up, still need lvl 99. Can someone please enlighten us
  • AshersbashersAshersbashers Member Posts: 26
    Hi Mods, as others have been saying, we've been promised that on September 5th we'd have MD back, to test for a week, then decide if we want it or not, with the changes you've made. That's very fair, though I do hate it. But we're still waiting to get the MD back, and it's now September 6th. Does this mean we'll get a day less to test it? That's not very fair. I do know it's going to be a mammoth job checking data to see how much MD each player had, or MD cores bought and used. Please at least give us a revised time frame?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    @Ad0ra_ Can we please get an update on the MD mastery being locked?
  • AdebaserAdebaser Member Posts: 2
    So, I went to move my mastery back to MD after making some changes for an LOL run and now I cant buy any at all, so I’m stuck at 0 now?
  • VG107VG107 Member Posts: 7
    Can we get ETA when we will be able to return MD back?
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Come on Kabam. Get it together. I shouldn't be locked out of adding and removing MD if I already have it at level 5.
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Just to be clear @Kabam Lyra (since you closed the other thread), what is stated in the announcement thread is that "On August 31st, we will lock the ability to purchase any more levels of Mystic Dispersion." I already have 5 levels, all I want it to add it back. People aren't complaining that they can't purchase MORE LEVELS. They are complaining because the mastery is completely locked.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    w0ztdqn6sdq4.jpeg

That’s not what we were discussing @Kabam Lyra
    - On September 5th, with the release of our next update, we will activate the new version of Mystic Dispersion.
    - You’ll then have 6 days to test out the new Mystic

Is what we were discussing. You guys said you will activate the new MD for testing over the next 6 days. How can anyone do that if we swap mastery points around for different things? Since it’s still locked a lot of people are not able to test this out.

This is the issue.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you aren't giving us the chance to test out MD before having to unlock it again? What the heck are you doing Kabam?
  • Noname54Noname54 Member Posts: 58
    so they won't give us just 1 rdt ??? seriously ??? it's a shame ! i am disapointed by this new MD ! and my mystic champs.ranked for this interaction will become useless !!! thank you for have break my beautiful day ! for took my joice ! what's 1 RDT ? just 1 ?
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Member Posts: 276
    edited September 2018
    Test MD at 1 level , I am sure support had the advantage of testing from level 1 to 5 MD. But members can only test at 1 level of MD in 6 days even if you have level MD level 1 to 5. What kind of test can you do if MD is locked on all the mystic champions you have. MD is active but unavailable for testing on different level for different champions.

I can see why this game as so many bugs. Wow . I want to say more how bad this is for members, but don't want to get banned (BS). I suppose members have to wait for test videos to see how bad or good MD is now at different level. I don't think i will add more than 1 point in MD now

sorry for members with 5 star rank 4 and 5 mystic champions

comments please
  • AFOMANAFOMAN Member Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra could you please address players who already have the mastery unlocked for many months, but just wanted to test out the different levels during this week of testing for free? This was said in the original forum announcement. If I can’t see the difference between level 2 and 4 for example (I repeat I have already unlocked all 5 levels), how can I make an informed mastery choice after the 11th?
  • BadroseBadrose Member Posts: 779 ★★★

This is a live game, and as such, there will always be new content coming, and changes to old Content as well. For instance, we're planning another Beta test for a couple Buffs to some Cosmic Champions coming your way soon.

You cannot always hide behind "new content coming" or your precious "meta" when customers spend money and you basically put our champions, money and resources in the trash. This is a HUGE NERF, face it, RDTs are due.

But ok, let's say we already know how Kabam act in these situations, don't you think that, AT LEAST, we deserve some compensation for your unilateral decision? Not a refund, a COMPENSATION for what is a worsening (is this the correct word?) and not an improvement.

Because basically you are giving us back only what we spent in a different era of the game, so thank you for the now useless loyalty which will allow us to get a single daily 2* unstoppable colossus for the next couple of years... WOW! This is not even a fair refund, it's just too gready.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Member Posts: 83
    @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike has there been any discussion on gifter cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units? You can only gift mastery cores using units and the gifting event encourages us to gift for our purchases. Not refunding in they same way as was purchased is purposefully hurting players. Please reconsider.
  • razielraziel Member Posts: 84
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra this is just ridiculous. Until Sep 11th we are basically without MD. Such an awesome test you guys are conducting. Great job!
  • UppercutUppercut Member Posts: 158
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »

Yes, to test the changes between Sept. 5-11 you would need to have left the points in the mastery since the ability to purchase it has been locked since Aug. 31. Sorry for the confusion!

We are trying to Rank Up mastery - not purchase. It’s supposed to be working
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 9,003 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    TomieCzech wrote: »
    When will we be able to place points in MD? It’s asking for a level 99 summoner as a requirement.
    4dah19f39wcv.jpeg

That's my question above your post. It's not clear if we were supposed to leave the points there in order to test them before they remove all our points from MD and refund us mystic core purchase resources on the 11th, or if they were supposed to unlock the 99lvl requirement to play with MD before the 11th with the update today.

Yes, to test the changes between Sept. 5-11 you would need to have left the points in the mastery since the ability to purchase it has been locked since Aug. 31. Sorry for the confusion!

I’m not sure there is confusion. The announcement read a particular way and the vast majority of the player base understood it that same way. Then the game team implemented the “test week” in a way that was never communicated to the player base. Where precisely in the announcement does it say that players cannot add MD points during the “test week” to levels previously purchased?

Is apology all the game team can do at this point? Surely there is a way to allow the testing that was promised in the initial announcement (either this week or in a subsequent week) to a mastery that was important enough to have its own beta testing.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,520 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    They said it would be locked after the 31st. That means you would have to have them placed.
  • AshersbashersAshersbashers Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2018
    We've had two recent updates, including just minutes ago, and still I have no access to MD.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra I don't want take a confrontational tone with you, because you're probably a bit stressed with this situation. But please could someone clarify HOW we are supposed to regain access to MD? And maybe, when?

Also, was the possibility of gamers Recovering Mastery Points seems to have been forgotten or not planned for. Hence, why so many of us now have zero points in MD. How are we players supposed to overcome this?

Without MD, this game is completely broken for me. I'm not even a great player, just someone who's patiently built up my champs, over years, so this is a big deal. I even patiently unlocked and then duped 4* Unstoppable Colossus.

I accepted the neutering of Doctor Strange, but this really is hard to take.
    They said it would be locked after the 31st. That means you would have to have them placed.

Here’s the quote: “On August 31, we will lock the ability to purchase any more levels of MD...”

Care to revise your comment?

Dr. Zola
    edited September 2018
    I thought you quit yesterday.

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase. Each time you place a Mastery Point, that's a purchase. It's also unlocked using purchases of Cores. (Technically, it's leasing, but I think that explanation would further confuse the issue.) Placing Points in Masteries is considered purchasing. There are costs associated to support that. Some costs have been removed, as in the case of Recovery.
    If they had to take a snapshot and gather data from testing, it had to be frozen because it would have to be a controlled test. It would be too hard to keep track of people switching all the time.
    Snizzbar wrote: »

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase.

If they were clear there wouldn't have been such an easily avoidable misunderstanding.

How is it easy to predict what everyone is going to assume and act based on that assumption? They post the information as best they can. I don't think they're responsible for everyone assuming they'll be able to shift after the freeze.
    edited September 2018

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase. Each time you place a Mastery Point, that's a purchase. It's also unlocked using purchases of Cores. (Technically, it's leasing, but I think that explanation would further confuse the issue.) Placing Points in Masteries is considered purchasing. There are costs associated to support that. Some costs have been removed, as in the case of Recovery.
    If they had to take a snapshot and gather data from testing, it had to be frozen because it would have to be a controlled test. It would be too hard to keep track of people switching all the time.

Since the inception of class masteries, I can say with confidence that I’ve never heard someone reference “purchasing” or “buying” or “selling” levels of MD or any other mastery they previously unlocked. I’ve heard “adding points,” “placing points,” “reallocating points,” and “removing points.” I’ve heard “dropping MD” and “adding MD,” but I’ve never heard “purchasing MD” or “make more purchases in MD” when a player decides to put points back into MD.

You’d have to read the statement from Miike in a way that is at odds with the way pretty much everyone talks about the game and has talked about the game for years. And that’s the root of the problem: if the game team were in touch with the player base, they would be invested in the way players talk about the game.

But they’re not. Why is anyone’s guess.

Dr. Zola

• Sman74Sman74 Member Posts: 95
    I cannot understand how anyone can defend the way this change is being executed. The communication was not clear and now many have no way to test the new version of MD. So now you just have to hope you like the changes if you elect to “purchase” mystic dispersion back to pre-change levels. Just...wow.
This discussion has been closed.