Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,534 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I thought you quit yesterday.

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase.

If they were clear there wouldn't have been such an easily avoidable misunderstanding.

How is it easy to predict what everyone is going to assume and act based on that assumption? They post the information as best they can. I don't think they're responsible for everyone assuming they'll be able to shift after the freeze.

It's easy to predict what everyone is going to assume when you use clear and precise English and you actually say what you mean.

They said what they meant. You can no longer purchase Mystic Dispersion. It's frozen. As I said, placing Points is making a purchase. There's a reason you have to pay to place them. That's because it's a purchase.
    Would there be less confusion if they had said: "Warning: Your current Points will be frozen after August 31st."? Sure. They can't predict people won't interpret it for what it is.
    Flagging every comment I make is not what it's for, and it's not going to accomplish anything.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Greetings Summoners,

A number of you have given us feedback on the method in which we have locked down the Mystic Dispersion Mastery, and how this has left some of you unable to actually test the new Mystic Dispersion before the changes are live. Originally, this was done in order to ensure that no Summoner would be able to purchase more Mystic Mastery Cores following the Lock Date of Mystic Dispersion on August 31st , and potentially miss out on the resource refund since only the Mystic Mastery Cores owned by the time we took the snapshot would be refunded.

After discussing your feedback, the team was able to come up with some additional precautions that we can take to ensure that nothing like that occurs, and are happy to say that we are going to be re-enabling Mystic Dispersion for you all to be able to rank into and test.

You can Rank it up as normal. Unlocking new Ranks costs Cores like always, but you won’t be able to buy new cores. If you only had Rank 3 of Mystic Dispersion unlocked before, you will still only be able to go to Rank 3. If you also happened to have enough cores in your inventory to unlock Rank 4, you will be able to do that, and still receive a refund for those Cores as well.

However, if you have found a Mystic Core since Mystic Dispersion was locked, and you use it to Rank Up Mystic Dispersion, that core will not be refunded as it was acquired following August 31st.

Remember, it is not currently free to redo your Masteries, but it will be for a period of 1 week starting on September 11th (after the scheduled maintenance).

You should see this change live within 1 hour.

@Kabam Zibiit Thank you!
  • Sman74Sman74 Member Posts: 95
    Thanks for making this right.
  • CFreeCFree Member Posts: 491 ★★
    Awesome adjustment. Thanks @Kabam Zibiit
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Member Posts: 276
    Thank you
  • AFOMANAFOMAN Member Posts: 12
    Thank you, this is appreciated
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Thank you!!
  • AshersbashersAshersbashers Member Posts: 26
    @Kabam Zibiit, thank you very much, to you and the other mods, who've taken this group decision. Its much appreciated.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Member Posts: 292 ★★
    However, if you have found a Mystic Core since Mystic Dispersion was locked, and you use it to Rank Up Mystic Dispersion, that core will not be refunded as it was acquired following August 31st.

So any Mystic Cores we might find today in the Mystic Daily Quest will not be refunded?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 9,039 ★★★★★
    Fantastic @Kabam Zibiit much appreciated!

Dr. Zola
  • AjitmoAjitmo Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2018
    Is the fix live now to place points back In MD?
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Ebbtide wrote: »

So any Mystic Cores we might find today in the Mystic Daily Quest will not be refunded?

If you find them today, they won't be refunded, but you'll still have them UNLESS you spend them!
    Ajitmo wrote: »
    Is the fix live now to place points back In MD?

Yes the fix is live
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    TomieCzech wrote: »
    When will we be able to place points in MD? It’s asking for a level 99 summoner as a requirement.
    4dah19f39wcv.jpeg

That's my question above your post. It's not clear if we were supposed to leave the points there in order to test them before they remove all our points from MD and refund us mystic core purchase resources on the 11th, or if they were supposed to unlock the 99lvl requirement to play with MD before the 11th with the update today.

Yes, to test the changes between Sept. 5-11 you would need to have left the points in the mastery since the ability to purchase it has been locked since Aug. 31. Sorry for the confusion!

Such garbage. Do you even read what you guys post before hitting submit? I recovered points to try out the new dex and now can't test MD until I have to buy it again. How could you possibly think this is a good idea? What is the reasoning for this any way? What are you thinking?
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »

If you find them today, they won't be refunded, but you'll still have them UNLESS you spend them!

I thought your post said you are removing them from our inventory and refunding with loyalty for those? Is the loyalty conversion based on when you remove our cores from inventory or when you did the snapshot?
  • AFOMANAFOMAN Member Posts: 12
    @Crine60 only what was in your inventory and purchased before the aug 31st snapshot will be refunded
  • Rogers888Rogers888 Member Posts: 18
    Please still consider rank down tricked for those who has rank 5 and 4 mystic at least.
    There is really huge difference now.
  • IrohrIrohr Member Posts: 254 ★★
    So back to the topic. Has anyone ran into a dorm yet in war? Wondering how md works now and if he's still a good defender.
    Irohr wrote: »
    So back to the topic. Has anyone ran into a dorm yet in war? Wondering how md works now and if he's still a good defender.

Haven't seen a Dormammu on defense since the MD/dexterity nerf went live. I'm using my 4/55 Dormmamu on AW attack now, he's useful for node 29 on path 6. Dormammu and other mystics like Mephisto will still be useful for AW attack and questing, other like Juggernaut are now worthless. I'm curious to see how much data Kabam is able to pull post MD/dexterity nerf because many players have already stopped placing certain mystic defenders for good.

Really wish I didn't use the 5* generic awakening gem I got for LOL exploration on Dormammu 15 days before the beta testing was announced, his signature ability is close to useless outside of AW defense. It's damage is minimal when it doesn't have nodes to help it scale.
  • IrohrIrohr Member Posts: 254 ★★
    Verzz wrote: »
    Irohr wrote: »

I’ll be fighting a 4/55 tomorrow on top left mini

Let me know how that goes. I did 70 arena matches and no dorm yet lol.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Member Posts: 83
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.
  • WillWill Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2018
    Question is did you knew that before you post the original POST. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra If yes, wouldn’t it make sense to include this crucial information.

Sorry doesn’t do anything in this case.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,770 ★★★★★
    Magiks L3 is not registering as a nullify so she doesn’t get fed power through md. Please fix asap. Just fought a medusa boss and almost timed out because of it.
    It more thah Medusa is bugge im had almost the same. Just Not nulfy but let me use a sp and she auto blok but only use 1 fury of it
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Member Posts: 83
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.

This is not a good analogy and not even completly true as there are tons of stores who will refund you purchase price back. I am not returning somthing simply because I didn't like it. This more akin to a recall by the manufacturer where they Are refunding people the cost of the product.

For some reason kabam is giving a loyalty refund for something that can only gifted with units. Kabam encourages us to spend our units during the gifting events and is now punishing those same customers who heavily participated. While if i chose not to participate in the event and just purchased the cores outright i would be getting the proper unit reimbursement. So like i said those of us who got our cores using gifting for their event are in effect being punished/discrimated against.
    Verzz wrote: »
    Here is a duel video with voodoo against Medusa that shows that when you use L2 to nullify the loas that it is not feeding MD. It also shows that when the furies fall off Medusa naturally it only feeds MD once. Is this intended?
    https://youtu.be/DnzdUq6cpaw
    Edit I am thinking this must have something to do with Medusa now

I think so. Others have posted about the same issue.
This discussion has been closed.