**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I'm Genuinely Upset - Game feedback [edit for clarity]

Comments

• Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Well said
  • Options
    curiousgeorgecuriousgeorge Posts: 36
    edited September 2018
    [Removed by Mod]

What is great post OP? I'm just wondering who you were talking to
    Post edited by Kabam Rose on
  • Options
    Marri wrote: »
    - Dexterity is unreliable
    Not for me, device related? Sometimes I get lags, but I know it's my device (Xperia Z3 compact, far from ideal)

- The chances in this game (for anything)
    Critical hits, buffs, debuffs, crystals, anything and everything in the game seems to have the RNG really messed up.

You mention things that are completely unrelated.

As for buffs+debuffs, I don't see anything wrong. Sure, I sometimes go 3 heavies with AA without a bleed, but sometimes a single heavy will proc 5. Same with any ability. Without a specific example, though, it's difficult to really discuss this. One thing I do know is that many summoners think that a 65% chance at something happening means it should happen 65% of the time. That's not true, unless we're talking sample size 100.000.

Crystals: Drop rates are specified, and every champ has an equal chance of being pulled. The problem is that people have their hearts set on a handful of champs, which is maybe 5% of the entire pool. That means that there's a 95% chance for each crystal to be disappointed. It simply is not realistic to expect a great champ with every crystal. It's closer to one in every 20 crystals, but again, only in a sample size large enough to be statistically valid (so saving up 20 crystals and then thinking you'll get that God = false)

You mention crits here. I think, if you took data from sufficient fights, it will be accurate. But that would be 3 WS fights with a 3*, for example. Also, CR changes your stats based on rarity and rank relationship between you and your opponent.

- Critical Rating and Crit Damage Rating
    Version 12.0 introduced 'Diminishing Returns' on basically everything in the game. Meaning it is utterly impossible to ever get anything to 100%. Every stack of effect A is progressively less effective than the previous one.

- Gold Problem
    Agreed, despite the meadures KABAM had taken, it really isn't enough. A Gold Realm once a month for 2 days would be nice.

- Most Recent Halls of Healing
    Halls of Healing, not Rocks of ISO...although I understand that it feels less rewarding than the previous one, this was never meant to be an ISO farm.

- Overheating (or rather, just heating)
    Agreed, but version 20.0 should have performance fixes. I do think better conpensation than what we received is due.

Thanks for clarifying the diminishing returns, I understand now. :smile:
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Didn’t take long for the usual trolls to assemble here.

Great post OP, more power to you. The silent majority salute you. Kabam, please listen.

Original poster. I was give the person who started the thread some support.

This isn’t really an all that supportive forum for people coming and sharing their views as you’ve probably noticed so I was letting him know that I (and others) thought it was a good post.

There’s a few folk that haven’t outgrown the keyboard warrior stuff yet but hopefully they will soon.
  • Options
    OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    edited September 2018
    i think you those that are crying about gold need to messege me for some tips how to get gold and im on a map 5 alliance
    hhyx7k66re6u.jpg
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    [Removed by Mod]

OP means Original Poster.
  • Options
    Didn’t take long for the usual trolls to assemble here.

Great post OP, more power to you. The silent majority salute you. Kabam, please listen.

Original poster. I was give the person who started the thread some support.

This isn’t really an all that supportive forum for people coming and sharing their views as you’ve probably noticed so I was letting him know that I (and others) thought it was a good post.

There’s a few folk that haven’t outgrown the keyboard warrior stuff yet but hopefully they will soon.

Oh lol thanks! I started the post while hoping it wouldn't become an argument but it kinda did lol
  • Options
    This post has turned into the people who have gold versus the people who don't have it. I meant it to be a constructive discussion comparing our problems so we can help Kabam with the game but I guess it didn't work out that way :neutral:
  • Options
    Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    I know once i started grinding arena and saving gold and cats and uncollected helped i have 2.8 pretty much at all times. I only rank those i really know will help. Still have an r4 duped groot, learned mt lesson and my acct is getting stronger everyday.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Ozzieont wrote: »
    i think you those that are crying about gold need to messege me for some tips how to get gold and im on a map 5 alliance
    hhyx7k66re6u.jpg

Just because it’s not a problem for you doesn’t mean it’s not a problem for others smh

but it also means there is ways to fix it.

gold can be gotten. if you dont want to do what is required to get gold then you need to live without gold.

IRL if you wan money you need to work. if you dont wanna work then fine, but dont expect to have money.

if you want gold just play the first few matches in each arena to get 2-3 milestones. no big scores. no big grinding. only a few hours a week and it will help alot.
    just play a little arena and it will help.
  • Options
    crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    @will-o-wisp to "play properly" is to devote exactly how much time daily to arena for gold?

I'm genuinely curious.

I could make more time but running my small business and enjoying my family takes priority to any game. I would say "play properly" is certainly more subjective a term. I need a better grasp of what your interpretation of that is.

I'd like to know how much time it takes to never have a gold problem, because I always have a gold and t2a problem. Not sure with my current responsibilities in adulting that it's feasible to improve these issues. I definitely need more input in regards to time commitment.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    It involves taking random times out of your busy life to gain gold everyday which I am sure a lot of people including myself can't risk.
    Maybe once or twice a week I could fit in a bit of extra time since I already fit in time for other modes in the game and for other stuff.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    @will-o-wisp to "play properly" is to devote exactly how much time daily to arena for gold?

I'm genuinely curious.

I could make more time but running my small business and enjoying my family takes priority to any game. I would say "play properly" is certainly more subjective a term. I need a better grasp of what your interpretation of that is.

I'd like to know how much time it takes to never have a gold problem, because I always have a gold and t2a problem. Not sure with my current responsibilities in adulting that it's feasible to improve these issues. I definitely need more input in regards to time commitment.

Play properly is dedicating some time knowing what is being done. For example, people keep saying they have gold problems when they don't play arena at all. Well that's the reason right there, no need to ask for gold realms or something. Like someone above just said, if you want something then farm it. It's fine if you don't want to do it, but then you won't get what you want.
    Arena is the main source for goal. Just do a few rounds, hit all milestones of a single arena every arena, and no gold problems should appear.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @will-o-wisp Wanting to do something and being able to are two different things.

How much time do you spend every day to never have gold shortages? I honestly want to know. I'm doubting 30 minutes a day will alleviate my gold issues, but maybe it will.

It's not that I don't want to play more, it's that I'd have to let things go somewhere else to do it. The business, the family, the injured wife that needs a full-time caretaker (which is me ATM.)

I have no idea how much time I would need to try and plan out, and that's what I need help determining. It may not even be a possibility 🤷

Hitting all milestones 2-3 hours? How much time does it take you?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    @will-o-wisp Wanting to do something and being able to are two different things.

How much time do you spend every day to never have gold shortages? I honestly want to know. I'm doubting 30 minutes a day will alleviate my gold issues, but maybe it will.

It's not that I don't want to play more, it's that I'd have to let things go somewhere else to do it. The business, the family, the injured wife that needs a full-time caretaker (which is me ATM.)

I have no idea how much time I would need to try and plan out, and that's what I need help determining. It may not even be a possibility 🤷

Hitting all milestones 2-3 hours? How much time does it take you?

If you don't have time or conditions to play those aren't problems of the game. The game won't just give you away gold from nothing.
    Like I said, you need to dedicate time. If not then for sure you'll have simple problems like that
  • Options
    I think Kabam is well aware of the fact that their primary demographic is working adults. I'd be willing to bet the reason that earning gold requires Arena grinding is because Kabam knows is that not all of the community can do that. That means units must be spent on gold crystals and UC events. For those same people who cannot grind for gold that translates into hope that money will be spent to accumulate units. Which makes sense, considering they're a business.

Grind, pay, or have the patience of a Saint. At least it's a formula I can understand.
  • Options
    @Maat1985 you specifically stated that a few hours a week Would really help. That's actually very helpful to get some kind of static number. Would you say that if I could put aside 30 minutes a day to grind Arena that that would help alleviate gold issues, at least to a reasonable extent to where is worth the time spent?
  • Options
    @Maat1985 you specifically stated that a few hours a week Would really help. That's actually very helpful to get some kind of static number. Would you say that if I could put aside 30 minutes a day to grind Arena that that would help alleviate gold issues, at least to a reasonable extent to where is worth the time spent?

obviously the more you do the more gold you will have.
    but any you do will help.

start with say the 4* basic arena, spent the time to hit the first 3 milestones,
    then go to the 3* featured arena and do the same,

more time you have do the same for the other arenas.
    to maximise the amount of gold you get for the amount of time put in you want to focus on milstones only. gold is saturated in the first 3 milestones of each arena.

It alll depends on your roster as to how long it will take you but 30mins a day will make a diference. much better than no arena at all.
    and dont focus on one arena and getting the highest score. focus only on milestones for gold.
    really depends on your roster as to how long it takes.
    i can get the first three milestones in all arenas in a few hours each round.
  • Options
    next arena round i will grind the first three milestones of each arena and tell you how long it takes per arena to hit the first three milestones.
    not gunna do it this time i am busy grinding for 4* korg.
    @crystaldsmith

cus remeber it is the gold from the milestones is abit, and the gold from the arena crystals from you battlechips will add up easily.
  • Options
    @Maat1985 that's incredibly helpful. Thank you so much! I think everyone can benefit from knowing information like that. I never knew that the first three Milestones had the most gold, so that's actually incredibly helpful. Starting at 30 minutes a day should be doable for anybody who plays this game. I think starting there and using it as a baseline to determine how much more time you may need is a brilliant idea.

That's exactly what I was looking for is some numbers. Thank you so much again. Very, very, very helpful.
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    This game isn't fair to F2P players. Soon as you get to a certain part of the game it gets more about grinding and grinding.
  • Options
    N1ngeniusN1ngenius Posts: 6
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    If you’re really angry you should ask for a refund 😂

LMAO! So true. It must be weird to create a game which people can play for absolutely nothing and they then repeatedly **** about not getting enough additional free stuff. Amazing! The sense of entitlement on game forums is truly staggering.

I’ve been playing for about 3 months now and as a very long time gamer I reckon this is the single best app game I’ve played to date. The thought that has gone into making each champ true to their comic/film counterpart is amazing; the variety of game options is great, the progression - and strategy around that - is very enjoyable and the desire to get (and mostly fail to get!) specific champs really adds to it - and makes it childishly exciting when you do get what you want. Christ I’ve even watched other people opening crystals and I didn’t think I’d EVER do that! The fight mechanics are just genius. I love the fact that practice, skill and learning really counts in this game.

If people got endless gold, catalysts, ISO and all the champs they wanted the game would be dull as dishwater in very short order. Would everyone really be happy if every champ was god tier. I mean how would that even make sense?

My only complaint would be that most players don’t seem to understand the basics of the game. I’ve tried to do dungeon matchmaking but (outside of my alliance) just ended up being matched with absolute idiots every single time. It’s quite frustrating but can hardly be blamed on the game!

Oh and if I put it on autofight the game AI decides my champs have been dropped on their heads as children and proceeds to play them like they’re ****.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    This game isn't fair to F2P players. Soon as you get to a certain part of the game it gets more about grinding and grinding.

The cold hard truth about everything in life is that it isn't fair. One must have time or money. Without either, not much is possible.

I'd hoped there were other ways of getting gold in AW and AQ (pretty much all I do) but like everything, efforts must be increased to grow. No different from anything really.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I think the big problem with gold is that donation requirements haven't been updated. With the new AQ update the map costs should have seen an update also, but they didn't. Now if you intend to play map 5 you are going to be breaking even on all resources after donations and without arena grinding. I am fortunate enough to be in a map 3 alliance with 0 donations, so I can save gold up fairly quickly, but I think it's ridiculous that map 5 practically forces you to go to the arena for resources.

@will-o-wisp you say people don't "play properly" which is of course entirely relative to your playing habits. What you consider "playing properly," many others may consider something completely different. From my perspective arena should be 100% optional and not the main place to collect gold. After all the purpose of arena is to collect champs that you want or don't have, not to maintain enough gold that you can actually rank up your champions. It is a bit harsh to say that over half the community doesn't "play properly" especially as it is an open ended definition. I play absolutely no arena and I can tell you, in my mind, that is the "proper" way to play.

Essentially it comes down to this. Do you think arena should be the main source of gold in the game or is it a viable method for acquiring gold? The way you answer this question is going to change the way you define "playing properly."
  • Options
    @Werewrym map 5 breaking even is doable. I HATED map 6 and couldn't stay in that environment because of that. You don't get any donations back and I couldn't grind enough for it.

I wish there were other ways to earn gold but I'm not sure if questing is truly shorter then afternoon grinding. As Maat said, the first 3 milestones in each is best.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    @Werewrym map 5 breaking even is doable. I HATED map 6 and couldn't stay in that environment because of that. You don't get any donations back and I couldn't grind enough for it.

I wish there were other ways to earn gold but I'm not sure if questing is truly shorter then afternoon grinding. As Maat said, the first 3 milestones in each is best.

I remember playing map 5 and always having to be very selective when deciding what 4* champs to r5, so yes it's doable. But now we have 5* and 6* champs that cost way more to rank up and absolutely nothing has been done to increase the rate at which we earn gold. I don't think it's a one to one ratio, but there's no we should be earning the same amount of gold that we earned back in 12.0 when the "cost of living" in this game has gone up so much. It just doesn't make sense.

I honestly hate that the Master and UC EQ give the same amount of gold as heroic difficulty, that too makes no sense. We get harder and harder content with better and better rewards, excluding gold. Why? What makes gold so special that it is the only resource not increasing with difficulty?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I think the big problem with gold is that donation requirements haven't been updated. With the new AQ update the map costs should have seen an update also, but they didn't. Now if you intend to play map 5 you are going to be breaking even on all resources after donations and without arena grinding. I am fortunate enough to be in a map 3 alliance with 0 donations, so I can save gold up fairly quickly, but I think it's ridiculous that map 5 practically forces you to go to the arena for resources.

@will-o-wisp you say people don't "play properly" which is of course entirely relative to your playing habits. What you consider "playing properly," many others may consider something completely different. From my perspective arena should be 100% optional and not the main place to collect gold. After all the purpose of arena is to collect champs that you want or don't have, not to maintain enough gold that you can actually rank up your champions. It is a bit harsh to say that over half the community doesn't "play properly" especially as it is an open ended definition. I play absolutely no arena and I can tell you, in my mind, that is the "proper" way to play.

Essentially it comes down to this. Do you think arena should be the main source of gold in the game or is it a viable method for acquiring gold? The way you answer this question is going to change the way you define "playing properly."

map 5 is expensive. it is not meant for everyone.
    everything comes at a cost. in a game or in real life.
    you wanna run map 5, you need to pay up.
    so you need to earn gold.
    Map 5 gives better rewards than map 3.
    makes sense you need to do more to get there.

if you cant put the time in to earn the resources to do map 5 then you cant do it.

you cant rock up to work for 1hr a day to finish someones job, go home and expect a full weeks pay.
    you need to work hard and earn that pay.

i think gold from arena is fine.
    its not like you need to grind arena 10hrs a day to get enough gold.....
    play 30mins a day... that will improve ur gold alot.....
    just something... anything......

i think it sucks map5 is the main way to get t4cc, i dont wanna play the time consuming map5, but it is wat it is.....
    play map5 to get t4cc or always have a shortage of t4cc.....
    i dont like it but it is wat it is so we have to deal with it....

gold and arena is the same