**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I'm Genuinely Upset - Game feedback [edit for clarity]

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I think the big problem with gold is that donation requirements haven't been updated. With the new AQ update the map costs should have seen an update also, but they didn't. Now if you intend to play map 5 you are going to be breaking even on all resources after donations and without arena grinding. I am fortunate enough to be in a map 3 alliance with 0 donations, so I can save gold up fairly quickly, but I think it's ridiculous that map 5 practically forces you to go to the arena for resources.

@will-o-wisp you say people don't "play properly" which is of course entirely relative to your playing habits. What you consider "playing properly," many others may consider something completely different. From my perspective arena should be 100% optional and not the main place to collect gold. After all the purpose of arena is to collect champs that you want or don't have, not to maintain enough gold that you can actually rank up your champions. It is a bit harsh to say that over half the community doesn't "play properly" especially as it is an open ended definition. I play absolutely no arena and I can tell you, in my mind, that is the "proper" way to play.

Essentially it comes down to this. Do you think arena should be the main source of gold in the game or is it a viable method for acquiring gold? The way you answer this question is going to change the way you define "playing properly."

map 5 is expensive. it is not meant for everyone.
    everything comes at a cost. in a game or in real life.
    you wanna run map 5, you need to pay up.
    so you need to earn gold.
    Map 5 gives better rewards than map 3.
    makes sense you need to do more to get there.

if you cant put the time in to earn the resources to do map 5 then you cant do it.

you cant rock up to work for 1hr a day to finish someones job, go home and expect a full weeks pay.
    you need to work hard and earn that pay.

i think gold from arena is fine.
    its not like you need to grind arena 10hrs a day to get enough gold.....
    play 30mins a day... that will improve ur gold alot.....
    just something... anything......

i think it sucks map5 is the main way to get t4cc, i dont wanna play the time consuming map5, but it is wat it is.....
    play map5 to get t4cc or always have a shortage of t4cc.....
    i dont like it but it is wat it is so we have to deal with it....

gold and arena is the same

See, to me it seems quite odd that we have to spend more time grinding for the gold to rank champs rather than the catalysts. I can get my hands on catalysts quite easily, its the gold that can be difficult. Just seems a bit backwards to me that the catalysts are easier to come by than the gold and take much less grind time.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Maat makes a great point. If you want better rosters ranked, it's going to cost you more resources and that takes more effort. I think I just got the point where getting by on AQ and AW won't cut it. I don't think that's unreasonable either
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I think the big problem with gold is that donation requirements haven't been updated. With the new AQ update the map costs should have seen an update also, but they didn't. Now if you intend to play map 5 you are going to be breaking even on all resources after donations and without arena grinding. I am fortunate enough to be in a map 3 alliance with 0 donations, so I can save gold up fairly quickly, but I think it's ridiculous that map 5 practically forces you to go to the arena for resources.

@will-o-wisp you say people don't "play properly" which is of course entirely relative to your playing habits. What you consider "playing properly," many others may consider something completely different. From my perspective arena should be 100% optional and not the main place to collect gold. After all the purpose of arena is to collect champs that you want or don't have, not to maintain enough gold that you can actually rank up your champions. It is a bit harsh to say that over half the community doesn't "play properly" especially as it is an open ended definition. I play absolutely no arena and I can tell you, in my mind, that is the "proper" way to play.

Essentially it comes down to this. Do you think arena should be the main source of gold in the game or is it a viable method for acquiring gold? The way you answer this question is going to change the way you define "playing properly."

I didn't said that over half of the players don't play arena ... I'm sure that more than half plays it, whether they dedicate a lot of time or not. Arena is a good spot to farm gold, but is not the only place as you can see. Quests, crystals, AQ, AW, dungeons (when they come around) and even by selling items or ISO. In other words, you can get gold basically everywhere.
    Arenas ARE optional. But if you want the rewards they give then you need to play them
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

if you cant put the time in to earn the resources to do map 5 then you cant do it.

you cant rock up to work for 1hr a day to finish someones job, go home and expect a full weeks pay.

i think it sucks map5 is the main way to get t4cc, i dont wanna play the time consuming map5, but it is wat it is.....

See, to me it seems quite odd that we have to spend more time grinding for the gold to rank champs rather than the catalysts. I can get my hands on catalysts quite easily, its the gold that can be difficult. Just seems a bit backwards to me that the catalysts are easier to come by than the gold and take much less grind time.

i have 10mil + gold....
    i have barely any catalysts....
    i have the opposite problem to you.....
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I didn't said that over half of the players don't play arena ... I'm sure that more than half plays it, whether they dedicate a lot of time or not. Arena is a good spot to farm gold, but is not the only place as you can see. Quests, crystals, AQ, AW, dungeons (when they come around) and even by selling items or ISO. In other words, you can get gold basically everywhere.
    Arenas ARE optional. But if you want the rewards they give then you need to play them

You misinterpret what I said. I didn't mean that you said over half the players don't play arena, I said it was unfair to say that over half the players don't "play properly." There is no "proper" way to play. What's "proper" to one person may not be to others.

My big issues with arena is that they are designed to be a game mode specifically for obtaining new champions and crystal shards, however, a large portion of arena grinders are really only there for the gold. So the game mode that was designed for acquiring new characters is now being mostly used for grinding gold... It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not trying to say that you are wrong and I am right, I'm just trying to show you where I'm coming from.
  • Dang this little post I started turned huge
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    @curiousgeorge Regarding your comment about Corvus, while his 20 glaive charges are up mine is doing roughly 15k damage per combo, assuming you get 3 combos in and one sp2, you should be able to do 70-80k damage in less than 30 hits, with a 5/50 at 4 persistent charges. Not sure why you are bringing crit rate or damage into it as Corvus has none when he has no glaive charges.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Guys for me I just hit the 3rd milestone in every arena bar the 5 star featured and the summoner trials and I’ve gotten close to 1 million gold in 3 weeks
    i wanted to start a thread to share my helpful info but i am in jail so i cant.......

people say you need to grind arena for gold,
    i say you need to grind for champs,
    but every little bit helps for gold,
    and if you play it smart gold is pretty easy to get for not tooo much effort......

people complain
    "i shouldnt have to play arena for gold"
    well you know wat....
    deal with it thats where gold is....

i think
    I shouldnt have to play and be really good at AQ for t4cc but you know what....
    i do....

its the way the game is designed...
    work to get results.....
    edited September 2018
    @crystaldsmith as promised here is my info

292t8qdgp4hm.png

the matches and time taken will vary depending on your roster.
    lesser roster will take more time and more matches.
    greater roster will take less matches and less time.

although more matches = longer time
    it also means more gold & battlechips.

NOT BAD FOR 3 HRS WORK
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Doesn’t the nature of the game require a shortage of rank-up materials such as gold? You should be short. That forces crucial decisions when taking on different types of content. Doesn’t it? Isn’t that the end game?
    Doesn’t the nature of the game require a shortage of rank-up materials such as gold? You should be short. That forces crucial decisions when taking on different types of content. Doesn’t it? Isn’t that the end game?

yep.... everyone should always be in the hunt for something......
    i do alot of arena so i have alot of gold.....
    i dont do map5 AQ so i am short on t4cc and t2a......
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

For doing lots of arena you need to spend a lots of time so i don't see what's your point also you can already see arena grind has become boring as hell and stale and monotonous to a point where great defenders like modok are going for same points in arena as kamala khan so you see people are genuinely tired of this. Also these gold problems can be easily solved if kabam just lowered the price on ranking up or levelling up champs. These prices for ranking up champs were set long back when 5* were rare now its not so why not just lower the costs
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Dang this little post I started turned huge

Thanks for starting these posts don't feel down there are more people here to tell you git gud or something like they are god level players and are absolutely facing no issues even when kabam acknowledges issues with their game. Everything you listed is a genuine concern for community and i hope they listen to your constructive post and take some measures
    edited September 2018
    Akhilxcx wrote: »

For doing lots of arena you need to spend a lots of time so i don't see what's your point also you can already see arena grind has become boring as hell and stale and monotonous to a point where great defenders like modok are going for same points in arena as kamala khan so you see people are genuinely tired of this. Also these gold problems can be easily solved if kabam just lowered the price on ranking up or levelling up champs. These prices for ranking up champs were set long back when 5* were rare now its not so why not just lower the costs

i just posted some proof that shows a little arena goes along way to helping gold.....
    4* basic champ arena has dropped alot cus people are more interested in the 5* now......
    4* featured arena still goes for alot.... Korg just went for 13.5+ mil
    5* korg went for an absurd amount.

Yes lots of arena takes lots of time funny that.....
    lots of anything takes lots of time.
    but we are not talking bout lots of arena to get lots of champs.
    ii am talking about how a little arena goes along way to help alleviate gold problems.

they have done some to help peeps get more gold,
    all arena gold is now in 1st three milestones,
    they occasionaly run the gold quest,
    we just had the SA week with 20% gold increase,
    there is uncollected gold crystal,
    whilst some of these are a limited time offer they all add up to helping fill ur bank....
    also its simple, you want something you work for it. for gold that is arena.

also the game is not designed to rank up every champ without alot of work. it is designed to rank up wat you need. always gotta have opne more to rank up.

that being said i play alot of arena and have evry 2* maxed i have every 3* maxed (every single champ in the game except for IIF and OG V) i have all my 4* at 3/30 or higher (~90 champs) i have 20+ 5* at 2/35+ and i have 10million currently in gold. cus i play arena hard.
    but you dont need my roster or to play arena as i do.....

play a little arena and your gold will get seriously boosted.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★

292t8qdgp4hm.png

NOT BAD FOR 3 HRS WORK

3 hrs i got a life
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

292t8qdgp4hm.png

NOT BAD FOR 3 HRS WORK

3 hrs i got a life

wat bout the time u spend coming here to post troll posts???? that would have got you a couple of arena matches....

how much time u spend playin games??? u dun have 3hrs spare across 3 days at all????
    well sorry but u will never have gold....

in all seriousness do you watch TV????
    play a little arena while watchin TV... hardly need to pay attention and get some rewards.....

292t8qdgp4hm.png

NOT BAD FOR 3 HRS WORK

3 hrs i got a life

wat bout the time u spend coming here to post troll posts???? that would have got you a couple of arena matches....

how much time u spend playin games??? u dun have 3hrs spare across 3 days at all????
    well sorry but u will never have gold....

in all seriousness do you watch TV????
    play a little arena while watchin TV... hardly need to pay attention and get some rewards.....

not really im always working or doing something im always busy. im only on here because im at work om the computer, i use this forum t pass time if it wasnt for work i wouldnt be on here
    i actually dont have 3 hours to play, within a day i probably play 30min to 1hr
    edited September 2018

well if that is all the play time you have then you will always be short on all resources.
    but you will also be short on champions.

so someone with your limited playing time can not expect to really get too much of anything.

obviously you have higher priorities in your life which is great.
    personally i work 11 hr shifts 5 days a week at work.
    also coach a football, and spend 12 hrs every saturday officiating football games.
    so i understand a busy life.
    but everyone has a few hours a day for R&R.

i am also not saying 3 hrs a day for arena. i am saying 3hrs spread across 3 days. which most people easily have.
    also i am not saying 3 hrs is what you must play. that was just my example. play whatever you want.

well if that is all the play time you have then you will always be short on all resources.
    but you will also be short on champions.

so someone with your limited playing time can not expect to really get too much of anything.

obviously you have higher priorities in your life which is great.
    personally i work 11 hr shifts 5 days a week at work.
    also coach a football, and spend 12 hrs every saturday officiating football games.
    so i understand a busy life.
    but everyone has a few hours a day for R&R.

i am also not saying 3 hrs a day for arena. i am saying 3hrs spread across 3 days. which most people easily have.
    also i am not saying 3 hrs is what you must play. that was just my example. play whatever you want.

an hour a day yah i can do that but i spend that time trying to do as much as i can in aq and aw, but 3 hours in one day i dont have that time. im still struggling to 100% act 5 because of the time i have since its come out im only at 59% i believe
    i am not even at 59% act 5.... i have 100% 5.1, i have only done one path 5.2 and 5.3 and am just now doing 5.4.
    so in that regard i am well behind you.
    different people prioritise different parts of the game depending on what you need.

all my point is is gold can be got from arena without spending a billion hours there.

if you need gold do arena
    if you need t4cc join a map 5 aq ally.
    if you want alot of 5* shards join a high tier war ally.

different parts of the game yield different resources. if you have limited time you cant have everything and need to chose what you do to suit what you need the most.
    seems fair to me
  • @curiousgeorge Regarding your comment about Corvus, while his 20 glaive charges are up mine is doing roughly 15k damage per combo, assuming you get 3 combos in and one sp2, you should be able to do 70-80k damage in less than 30 hits, with a 5/50 at 4 persistent charges. Not sure why you are bringing crit rate or damage into it as Corvus has none when he has no glaive charges.

Because each of the persistent cruelty buffs Corvus has at 5/50 bring his crit damage up another 12K, but because of the nice person who taught me about the dimishing returns, I realized that proportions aren't the way math works in this game. That's why I brought crit stuff into my post
  • I always did arena in the summer, hit 2.5 to 3 mil in 456 arena and it really boosted my gold. So I know how much arena boosts resources (also units, shards, BC, PHCs) which is why I am doing arena again even though I have school. As much arena as I can at least, only the Thursday arena
    @Maat1985 thanks for sharing that chart. Super helpful! Each arena is 2 days. So that's about 9 hours a week. That's a bit much for me, but I should be able to hit half that. Seeing the largest payouts for the specific arenas will tell me exactly what to focus on. That's a huge improvement over no arena grinding and no extra gold!

Thanks again. Awesome chart and very helpful.
    I watch TV less than 2 hrs a week, sometimes a couple movie on the weekends if we watch movies together. I read a lot. I guess I could give up some reading but i feel like reading is more productive, so maybe it's just a priority thing. If you're not willing to give up some of your life to this game, than you'll be missing resources. Just like with anything else. It makes sense.

Focusing on those 3&4 featured arenas should be a big boost to gold in about 3 hrs a week. I'm pretty sure I can pull that off.
    yeah whatever you can do will helpp. but if your after gold it will help point you the best way to do it..... each arena is 3 days so they happen twice a week so its 6 hrs not 9 anyways......
    Thanks again @Maat1985 . Everyone struggling for gold should see that chart you made