**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Day 1 map 5 aq GG mini stronger than normal?

124»

Comments

• Options
    You can have your opinion on if it’s comparable to lower maps last season

I don't specifically care if anyone reads my posts, but I do care if they reply to them without reading them.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    He Not tha bad. Just parry him to minimus the blok danmged
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

Genius. Who knew perry reduces damage? Pure genius
  • Options
    Smash wrote: »

All ther. Read the mastry but u only make fun of me how im speeling.
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Smash wrote: »

All ther. Read the mastry but u only make fun of me how im speeling.

I have never made fun of your spelling. What are you talking about?
  • Options

If you read my first comment and description of the fight, I used the parry, heavy, parry, heavy, special 2 method the whole fight. I even posted a screenshot with the end count stats. Still timed out and took over 50% health damage from his beams from blocking. And it’s only become worse on day 4 & 5. I can’t imagine we’re the only group out there who is just outside the top 1000 who sees a huge difficulty increase from last season, and even with the rest of the map.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    You can have your opinion on if it’s comparable to lower maps last season

I don't specifically care if anyone reads my posts, but I do care if they reply to them without reading them.

Not sure what you’re insinuating here but I read everything you posted, even if you ignored what I said in my response as well. I fully understand kabam changed the boost from last season. But I have shared our experience here with it and my opinion that it’s too far, and provided evidence for this as well. You’ve just repeated what they said in their announcement.
  • Options
    AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    cAncAmO wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This post is starting to stray off topic. Please keep the discussion constructive and handle the argument in a mature manner.

HI, could you give us a constructive response please? is this working as intended?

For friggin real!!! Why read this and comment and not say anything about the core issue of what's being discussed?!
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    AQ is doomed.

My 5* R4 duped Voodoo got wrecked by Karnak.

Disappointing.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    9skewljadc7b.png
    olkmdctiz19f.png
    ooobpiq0awww.png
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Not sure why they posted out of order, second should obviously be first. Or why it wouldn’t let me add text. Regardless. 11k in block damage is really just garbage. Strong, hot garbage. Very, very unbalanced and needs to be fixed. Even some of the local nodes have attack boosts that are excessive. Medusa dropped 70% health in block damage to Howard in stage 1, plus a few ticks of Thunderquack. I’m all for increased difficulty to reward skill and punish a lack of it. This isn’t that. This is attrition to force potion purchases.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    My Hyperion, again who never had issues last season, is consistently getting KOed or timing out of the fight after taking no hits and with a combo around 173 or so. That’s with the heavy combos and special 2 damage. GG was ticking almost 800 health per second at the beginning of the fight when I went in again.

Just a friendly suggestion.

You mentioned earlier that you are using heavies and L2's throughout the fight. Maybe change up your attack. If you have the despair mastery, Hyperion is a solid counter to regenerating champs. With your power gain, you should be able to finish just about every combo with an L1. Keep the number of incinerate stacks high and Goblin's regen suddenly becomes a non-issue. Throw heavies every once in a while to ramp up the damage.

I did this using a r4 Hyperion on day 5 and took him out with about 45 seconds to spare.
  • Options
    NoWayBroNoWayBro Posts: 153
    How much damage did u take? @Mirage_Turtle
  • Options
    NoWayBro wrote: »
    How much damage did u take? @Mirage_Turtle

I finished at about 60% health.
  • Options
    My Hyperion, again who never had issues last season, is consistently getting KOed or timing out of the fight after taking no hits and with a combo around 173 or so. That’s with the heavy combos and special 2 damage. GG was ticking almost 800 health per second at the beginning of the fight when I went in again.

You mentioned earlier that you are using heavies and L2's throughout the fight. Maybe change up your attack. If you have the despair mastery, Hyperion is a solid counter to regenerating champs. With your power gain, you should be able to finish just about every combo with an L1. Keep the number of incinerate stacks high and Goblin's regen suddenly becomes a non-issue. Throw heavies every once in a while to ramp up the damage.

I did this using a r4 Hyperion on day 5 and took him out with about 45 seconds to spare.

@Mirage_Turtle I tried both methods and have despair at rank 2. I use hyperion not only in my attack team for aq but in most event quest and story quest modes, and finish every month since it started. Not exactly a newbie here, and i've played for over 3 years through all the AQ iterations. Even using the method you suggested, I had him down just under half health, but because of the unblockable special one node and having to block the beams damage, I was either dead or under half health at a timeout. I'm also not the only one in my group or in the community seeing this.

Can I ask what prestige your group is and where you rank? If you're having an easier time on him than me using the same character that could be an answer.
  • Options

@Mirage_Turtle I tried both methods and have despair at rank 2. I use hyperion not only in my attack team for aq but in most event quest and story quest modes, and finish every month since it started. Not exactly a newbie here, and i've played for over 3 years through all the AQ iterations. Even using the method you suggested, I had him down just under half health, but because of the unblockable special one node and having to block the beams damage, I was either dead or under half health at a timeout. I'm also not the only one in my group or in the community seeing this.

Can I ask what prestige your group is and where you rank? If you're having an easier time on him than me using the same character that could be an answer.

A 4 Stars take arund 2 procent for every blok Beam my prisge is 10k one the last Day so im can say it Not esay witout rank4 5 Stars alest.
  • Options

We run 2 days of map 6 per week, we generally finish rank 80-90 or so. Day 5 prestige is 12,750.

I think the only real difference is I have despair at rank 3. That extra 5% per debuff really adds up. I'd say I averaged 4 incinerates on him at any time. If you did the same, that means you're reducing healing by 40% while I'm reducing it by 60%, which can be big. I also run resonate, which both decreases his attack rating and counts as another debuff. Now I'm reducing his healing by 75%. I run glass cannon too and do my best to intercept as much as possible to reduce block damage.

There's no doubt he's harder than he used to be. No argument there. And I'm certainly not intending on calling your ability into question. I just saw that you used the same champ I did but used a different method. I'm not looking to insult anyone, I'm just trying to help.
  • Options
    BuddyGuyFriendBuddyGuyFriend Posts: 54
    edited September 2018

We run 2 days of map 6 per week, we generally finish rank 80-90 or so. Day 5 prestige is 12,750.

I think the only real difference is I have despair at rank 3. That extra 5% per debuff really adds up. I'd say I averaged 4 incinerates on him at any time. If you did the same, that means you're reducing healing by 40% while I'm reducing it by 60%, which can be big. I also run resonate, which both decreases his attack rating and counts as another debuff. Now I'm reducing his healing by 75%. I run glass cannon too and do my best to intercept as much as possible to reduce block damage.

There's no doubt he's harder than he used to be. No argument there. And I'm certainly not intending on calling your ability into question. I just saw that you used the same champ I did but used a different method. I'm not looking to insult anyone, I'm just trying to help.

You’re all good man, I didn’t take it in a negative way at all, just wanted to find out the difference between the groups to see how the scaling is working. Sorry if my reply came off that way.

Your answer did kind of confirm my suspicions though, with how high your group is. Mine is at a point where if we reshuffled the groups we could definitely have at least one group run map 6 and the rest map 5 - at least, that was our thinking going into this season after the announcement. And it was based mostly off our experience running map 5 last season the whole time & always being in expert tier. We’re by no means a top group - like I said earlier, compared to your stats, were usually rank 1244 or so at the end of the week and our prestige never hit anywhere above the 8k range. Now we’re sitting above 8k on day five of this first week, and we consistently got wrecked all over the place and had to use items again for the first time (the last time being when they had the botched Sentinel changes and had to roll them back). Now it’s looking like we’re gonna need to work on keeping with only map 5 and not even talk about adding in map 6 yet, which was something Kabam admitted in their announcement was an intention for doing the changes and encouraging groups to try it. If people in the mid range who aren’t in the top 500 AQ groups are struggling with this now, why in the world would they add in map 6 on top of it? Seems like a misfire there.

Green goblin is not a champ I struggle on. Ever. Anywhere. Not in any event quest, not in the last season of AQ, not even as a 5 or 6 star war mini or boss. This one however has this new “fixed” boost that makes him over 8k in attack with over 200k health, and my AQ team just couldn’t do it anymore. I have a problem when something isn’t communicated well in the first place, historically, and the line about the mini bosses being harder is pretty vague and in my opinion extremely downplayed just how much harder compared to last season this would be. If they took such care to change the prestige cap and said that groups who never hit that last season wouldn’t be affected, then why did this need to get amped up so much in relation to the rest of the changes? That’s my concern here. Right now we’re looking to hit between 115-117 million for the week ending total. We usually hit between 110-115 last season. I might be wrong, but I don’t think there’s gonna be a huge change or increase in rewards from season 4 to 5 to justify the trouble that’s been added. And that once again disappoints me as I thought we have been through this before and learned from it on all sides.

Like I said...I hope kabam reevaluates this part and looks at the data and evidence people have posted including mine. But if it is just amped up to be harder, we will rise to the occasion either way. We still finished the maps every day this week, but it’s clear to every person in my group what’s going on and that it’s intentionally been ramped up in difficulty for what seems like every little reward difference. Your group is in the top 100 anyway so I imagine you may see the difficulty but you will not struggle as much. For the ones closer to my group, who aren’t as high or as intense, we just want fairness. We were skilled and stayed in expert tier in both season 3 and 4 of AQ and took pride in that. While this might help us improve, I think for some groups it will be harmful and not that outcome. And I would hope that wasn’t the intention from Kabam with the changes.
  • Options

You’re all good man, I didn’t take it in a negative way at all, just wanted to find out the difference between the groups to see how the scaling is working. Sorry if my reply came off that way.

Your answer did kind of confirm my suspicions though, with how high your group is. Mine is at a point where if we reshuffled the groups we could definitely have at least one group run map 6 and the rest map 5 - at least, that was our thinking going into this season after the announcement. And it was based mostly off our experience running map 5 last season the whole time & always being in expert tier. We’re by no means a top group - like I said earlier, compared to your stats, were usually rank 1244 or so at the end of the week and our prestige never hit anywhere above the 8k range. Now we’re sitting above 8k on day five of this first week, and we consistently got wrecked all over the place and had to use items again for the first time (the last time being when they had the botched Sentinel changes and had to roll them back). Now it’s looking like we’re gonna need to work on keeping with only map 5 and not even talk about adding in map 6 yet, which was something Kabam admitted in their announcement was an intention for doing the changes and encouraging groups to try it. If people in the mid range who aren’t in the top 500 AQ groups are struggling with this now, why in the world would they add in map 6 on top of it? Seems like a misfire there.

Green goblin is not a champ I struggle on. Ever. Anywhere. Not in any event quest, not in the last season of AQ, not even as a 5 or 6 star war mini or boss. This one however has this new “fixed” boost that makes him over 8k in attack with over 200k health, and my AQ team just couldn’t do it anymore. I have a problem when something isn’t communicated well in the first place, historically, and the line about the mini bosses being harder is pretty vague and in my opinion extremely downplayed just how much harder compared to last season this would be. If they took such care to change the prestige cap and said that groups who never hit that last season wouldn’t be affected, then why did this need to get amped up so much in relation to the rest of the changes? That’s my concern here. Right now we’re looking to hit between 115-117 million for the week ending total. We usually hit between 110-115 last season. I might be wrong, but I don’t think there’s gonna be a huge change or increase in rewards from season 4 to 5 to justify the trouble that’s been added. And that once again disappoints me as I thought we have been through this before and learned from it on all sides.

Like I said...I hope kabam reevaluates this part and looks at the data and evidence people have posted including mine. But if it is just amped up to be harder, we will rise to the occasion either way. We still finished the maps every day this week, but it’s clear to every person in my group what’s going on and that it’s intentionally been ramped up in difficulty for what seems like every little reward difference. Your group is in the top 100 anyway so I imagine you may see the difficulty but you will not struggle as much. For the ones closer to my group, who aren’t as high or as intense, we just want fairness. We were skilled and stayed in expert tier in both season 3 and 4 of AQ and took pride in that. While this might help us improve, I think for some groups it will be harmful and not that outcome. And I would hope that wasn’t the intention from Kabam with the changes.

Map3 mini boss wher harder thah map5 in the old sæssen. So map5 hav ben scael with it always shuld hav ben but in the old sæssen one of the node wher Broken ther make the mini boss for far less what it shuld hav ben
  • Options
    @Gamer very hard to understand that message, but from what i did gather you just repeated what others have said before. Yes, we know the node was broken. Also, I made a point earlier that while the Map 3 mini boss may have been harder that it should have been last season, that's not any reason to change the mini bosses for Map 5, which is much harder and has a whole different level of players doing it. We also pay large amounts of resources to do these maps, while those who ran map 3 didn't pay a thing all season. If you're looking for precedence on game content not requiring a lot of resources to open or run with hard bosses, maybe check out the current danger rooms. And even then, that's running one month - AQ is a whole season and I think a lot of groups running map 5 are already not looking forward to dealing with this huge difference in difficulty with the mini bosses in particular. They've adjusted nodes like this and parts of AQ before, and my goal was to bring attention to it. Not sure what you meant to relay besides information that was already known.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Gamer very hard to understand that message, but from what i did gather you just repeated what others have said before. Yes, we know the node was broken. Also, I made a point earlier that while the Map 3 mini boss may have been harder that it should have been last season, that's not any reason to change the mini bosses for Map 5, which is much harder and has a whole different level of players doing it. We also pay large amounts of resources to do these maps, while those who ran map 3 didn't pay a thing all season. If you're looking for precedence on game content not requiring a lot of resources to open or run with hard bosses, maybe check out the current danger rooms. And even then, that's running one month - AQ is a whole season and I think a lot of groups running map 5 are already not looking forward to dealing with this huge difference in difficulty with the mini bosses in particular. They've adjusted nodes like this and parts of AQ before, and my goal was to bring attention to it. Not sure what you meant to relay besides information that was already known.
    im du like it harder now im wher getting boring with it. So from my opines it wher need but. Im just agerd the Ai has cancge a bit so ther less wont to get parry.
    And sry my bad english im du try my Best