**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Glass Cannon

Is GC worth in unlocking? Why would it be worth sacrificing HP for the added attack?

Glass Cannon 80 votes

No
22%
Spity68TendersquadHollowbornSolrac_2ZzzM1k0rinSpiderCoolsWarlord5386Chris1212123WelderofortuneCrooked_Sprook1Disgruntled_User_123Zee_RebornEtjamaEpicLord549Aomine_Daiki10Lucifer1810TimestoneAdarsH 18 votes
Yes, 1 Pt
6%
MSRDLDKnightNvrEndingWalletLorddrewDarktheExecutor 5 votes
Yes, 2 pt
8%
PenumbrousFurious_Fighter1JyotishkaESFNomercy9ContenderJDanRose 7 votes
Yes Max it Out
62%
BigMoMegaSkater67Frostyvg2782TheManMythLegendHell_GoliathTrektSpeedbumpEmil_LimsonphillgreenSungjChagaljVuDahMityAntSavio444DannyJayyAhitlawtufan_1974xananabananasimolaz 50 votes

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Yes, 2 pt
    I voted for two points because there is a very real advantage in those first two points for the attack damage, but I think that last 2.4 percent of damage isn't worth that extra 2.4 percent in the health pool.

I know others will disagree, and they are skilled players with great arguments -- they're not wrong in saying that at some point, if you take a hit in late game/endgame content, that 2.4 percent health doesn't matter. Because they're right: It doesn't. You get popped by someone with 3.5K Attack and above, it doesn't really matter.

But to me, if you're busy clearing a whole bunch of other stuff on a consistent basis and you want just a little margin for error in playstyle, that point and 2.4 health that you don't lose can maybe open up another level of Deep Wounds or Assassin, which to me, are equally valuable, depending on your setup
  • Options
    HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    No
    I’m in a similar situation - all the experts urge you to rank it all the way up but I don’t want to use health refills (currently level 48). So, for me, I’ll wait on it for a while.

For me I'm lvl 60, Uncollected and focusing on AW/AQ and monthly events. So I've been considering unlocking it because a few members of my alliance use it. Just looking for some more insight because I've always like the balance of HP/ATK my champs have.
  • Options
    Yes, 2 pt
    Hollowborn wrote: »
    I’m in a similar situation - all the experts urge you to rank it all the way up but I don’t want to use health refills (currently level 48). So, for me, I’ll wait on it for a while.

For me I'm lvl 60, Uncollected and focusing on AW/AQ and monthly events. So I've been considering unlocking it because a few members of my alliance use it. Just looking for some more insight because I've always like the balance of HP/ATK my champs have.

See, to me...that's my profile, more or less. Again, just speaking for myself -- and obviously depending on what Tier and Maps your ally is running -- but to me, if you're not all about banging out Act 5 and a Labyrinth run at the moment, it's OK to consider other options that Glass Cannon at 3/3 -- obviously, you have the full range of Mastery points at your disposal.

What you can do -- and what I've been doing -- is while the adjustment period is free for the next few days, I've been testing a bunch of different setups. It's worth the time to seriously dig into this stuff and truly decide how your playstyle synchronizes with your Masteries.

Because really, there are very real arguments for a bunch of different setups. I can bore people to tears on this stuff because I LOVE talking about it, but to me, going all-in on a playstyle can truly be enhanced to a huge degree by your Mastery setup.

For example: I have always been a Power Control guy. OG Vision isn't just one of my favorite characters in comics, he's also one of my favorite characters in the game. I build support teams around him when I'm doing hard stuff.

So a long time ago, I realized that Collar Tech was a valuable Mastery for me. It wouldn't be for a ton of other people in the game, but it is for me. Now, with Iron Man (IW) also having a Power Control component, Collar Tech is a must-have for me, especially since he fits into an OG Vision support role.

It's stuff like that that I encourage people to look into. I mean, if Wolverine and X-23 and Sabretooth were some of my favorite characters, OG Black Panther and Killmonger, then seriously, you gotta look at maxing out Deep Wounds.

But also, understated but important: If you do go all in on Mutants who can heal, then Recovery is something to look at. See what I mean? I know many people already know this, but I love talking about it.

• Options
    No
    ESF wrote: »

See, to me...that's my profile, more or less. Again, just speaking for myself -- and obviously depending on what Tier and Maps your ally is running -- but to me, if you're not all about banging out Act 5 and a Labyrinth run at the moment, it's OK to consider other options that Glass Cannon at 3/3 -- obviously, you have the full range of Mastery points at your disposal.

What you can do -- and what I've been doing -- is while the adjustment period is free for the next few days, I've been testing a bunch of different setups. It's worth the time to seriously dig into this stuff and truly decide how your playstyle synchronizes with your Masteries.

Because really, there are very real arguments for a bunch of different setups. I can bore people to tears on this stuff because I LOVE talking about it, but to me, going all-in on a playstyle can truly be enhanced to a huge degree by your Mastery setup.

For example: I have always been a Power Control guy. OG Vision isn't just one of my favorite characters in comics, he's also one of my favorite characters in the game. I build support teams around him when I'm doing hard stuff.

So a long time ago, I realized that Collar Tech was a valuable Mastery for me. It wouldn't be for a ton of other people in the game, but it is for me. Now, with Iron Man (IW) also having a Power Control component, Collar Tech is a must-have for me, especially since he fits into an OG Vision support role.

It's stuff like that that I encourage people to look into. I mean, if Wolverine and X-23 and Sabretooth were some of my favorite characters, OG Black Panther and Killmonger, then seriously, you gotta look at maxing out Deep Wounds.

But also, understated but important: If you do go all in on Mutants who can heal, then Recovery is something to look at. See what I mean? I know many people already know this, but I love talking about it.

For me I've been a bleed team type, my top champs is 5* duped Gwenpool 4/55, I have a max 4* X23, 5* AA (among others) I also use a lot of mystics however I haven't really felt the need of MD let alone really noticed it's effects when I use my SW or Morningstar. I've consider Glass Cannon since effects all my champs instead of a class specifically.
    I've been toying with my masteries the last couple days while it's free like you've stated.
    I haven't ever had GC so I'd have to drop a bunch of units to unlock and idk if I really want to do it.
  • Options
    Yes, 2 pt
    It's one of the reasons why I hate that people make such a big deal about RDTs and free Mastery setup periods.

I get that they want to maintain a competitive advantage and because of that, they want decisions to be final and costly.

But sometimes, I sit here and I'm like, "FFS, people. We are on pace to hit, what 150 characters in the game. How on Earth can you properly test these things and develop a coherent playstyle if you never get any room, no room whatsoever, to move a character up and down and really test them out?"

For example, I have no idea if Agent Venom can be useful or not. None. Because I am absolutely not going to sink resources into the guy just to experiment -- but a character like that that doesn't stand out in the 100-plus characters in the game to make you want to take a risk.

So he just sits there, unused
  • Options
    Yes, 2 pt
    ESF wrote: »

For me I've been a bleed team type, my top champs is 5* duped Gwenpool 4/55, I have a max 4* X23, 5* AA (among others) I also use a lot of mystics however I haven't really felt the need of MD let alone really noticed it's effects when I use my SW or Morningstar. I've consider Glass Cannon since effects all my champs instead of a class specifically.
    I've been toying with my masteries the last couple days while it's free like you've stated.
    I haven't ever had GC so I'd have to drop a bunch of units to unlock and idk if I really want to do it.

See, to me -- again, just my opinion -- I don't know that I necessarily see the value in a GC unlock, with the characters that you have invested in. For me, if you haven't already, 5/5 Deep Wounds is almost a freaking must, and some of the other stuff that hinders ability triggers and healing...man, I don't know. Again, I understand why people run GC at 3/3, but I can pretty easily see other setups that would make more sense for you
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    No
    For me - at level 48 and focusing on completing Act 4 - I’m all about balanced playstyle and health. I still get hit and I don’t want to use health refills so I’m not using GC. Instead, I’ve maxed out Limber (which many players don’t advise but it’s saved me multiple times in the arena and on quests) and I’m saving up for Deep Wounds and Assassin. I feel like Assassin will be instrumental for me and when I get a decent 4 Star bleed champ, unlocking Deep Wounds along the way will help.

Bottom line - it doesn’t look like you’re an end game player. The Crystal Opening Whales and Seatins of the world are extremely advanced players but even Seatins Free to Play account has different masteries because of the cost.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Yes Max it Out
    If you play well and parry/dexterity well, the loss in health makes no difference to you
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    No
    I wonder how many people say Max it out are veterans who have likely finished Labrythnth already. I’m not even thinking that far down the road and neither is the Original Poster - it’s all about the state of where he is in the game. Glass Cannon for a Level 30 makes a HUGE difference for any 5 hit combo that a player takes.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Yes Max it Out
    I maxed it out.

More attack makes everything easier. I am not uncollected, don't run 5x5 or shoot for featured champs
  • Options
    No
    I wonder how many people say Max it out are veterans who have likely finished Labrythnth already. I’m not even thinking that far down the road and neither is the Original Poster - it’s all about the state of where he is in the game. Glass Cannon for a Level 30 makes a HUGE difference for any 5 hit combo that a player takes.

Yeah I'm by no means an end game player or even focused on trying to be atm.
    I'm considerably skilled at the game but that hasn't been my focus lately what with my life outside of the game.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Yes Max it Out
    You don't need to be an end game player to parry/dexterity properly. In exchange, you can end fights quicker
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Yes Max it Out
    quicker fights mean less block damage. also it benefits for some champs like
    for example gp, who can't die from special if duped
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Yes Max it Out
    I have been using it for a good few months..and I am no end game player..just a lvl 51 but.i like the attack boost I get from it...I lose 1-2k health of my 5*r3 or 4* r5(cuz they are my highest ranked champs for now) but I get an attack bonus of around 100 and I feel that I can do more with that attack bonus cuz that extra 1-2k health would mean that I can survive say 1 or 2 more hits which is not that big a difference
  • Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    If you dont get hit too often , better to max it out and then try to build a team with attack synergy..so you end up having +13% attack minimum
  • Options
    Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    No
    IMO there are so many masteries that are better and more useful than it.

Willpower, recovery, parry, dex, limber, stupefy, courage, pierce, MD, greater precision, greater cruelty, despair, assassin, deep wounds and unfazed are all better IMO than a trade off of 7% health for attack.
  • Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Yes Max it Out
    As long as you’ll battle opponents with rating 15.000+, an amount of 1.500 HP is higly sacrificable. If you get hit, you die anyway. Having the atk enhanced by 7.2% is good in order to reduce battle duration and, as a consequence, the probability to get hit.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    No
    I suggest u open willpower first and after that glass canon. You get attack boost meanwhile didnt lost much health