**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is with the Mephisto EQ boss??

2»

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    He was actually pretty easy... dont see how people still have problems with mephisto
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    That fight is the easiest for the final boss all year round. I took him down with a rank 3 spidergwen. Once he gets 1 aura of incineration just back off.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    @Riot1234

I'm not sure what you mean.

https://youtu.be/FZIhiGT56ZU
  • HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    Ghulk is probably one of the best options. Heal block SP1 and face me activates on his aura. No damage 😁
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★

I beat him with a 4* Blade with the Trinity synergy and I'm only a mid-level player. Compared to last month, this UC EQ is waaaaaay less difficult.

No, last months EQ was easier than this 1. Only problem I had was with Gullitine 2099 this EQ....
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    edited October 2019
    Rulk destroys mephisto
    Gulk not to shabby either
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    Beating UC Meph with my 3/30 4* void. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

• SuperGoodSuperGood Posts: 128
    Just because you have trouble with a fight doesn’t mean that it is a difficult fight for the community or that Kabam messed up in creating the fight. I felt like there are more counters to this fight than most. Keep plugging along and take it slow, you’ll get it!
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

That fight is the easiest for the final boss all year round. I took him down with a rank 3 spidergwen. Once he gets 1 aura of incineration just back off.

Nah... Claire Voyant was the easiest one lol (maybe because I had the perfect counter in ghost though)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Beat Mephisto five times in a row with a 4/55 Stark Spidey. Not a hard fight by any means, just wait out the auras before going in and parry during Footloose.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Well, there is reason why we don’t rank champs just because they have high damage outputs

The content gets harder due to the nodes, and it was always about getting right champs to go through that
    And players did that. If we lack specific champ, then we look for alternatives.

Well, things got kinda out of control when blade was first introduced, or corvus, or ghost or domino.
    But where is the challenge and skill if you can just bulldoze everything with one champ, where you just parry, hit, and then it’s done?

I mean if you were skilled enough to unlock epic level, it means you have decent roasters, no?

If not, then too bad. Maybe it’s not your month. Or you might pick up the champ you needed in a week or two. We do have one month for this EQ.

Me? i don’t have void or quake, so i picked up my 4* r5 night thrasher, which took soooo much time and got one shot due to one mistake (which made me laugh lol)
    Tried 6*r2 ghost, but couldn’t out-damage him without synergies and got cornered and incinerated to death
    Tried my 5*r5 OML with sabretooth synergy to heal and bleed him, but got incinerated to death anyways.

Which finally made me turn to my 5*r5 red hulk with dup level 120. Obvious, in a way, but i just wanted to try out different champs to see if it is possible. Sure had a lot of fun doing so.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Riot1234 said:

Riot1234 said:

I beat him with a 4* Blade with the Trinity synergy and I'm only a mid-level player. Compared to last month, this UC EQ is waaaaaay less difficult.

Im sorry man, but i will have to disagree. your solution here depends on having a maxed out 4* blade WITH synergies. Monthly EQs should be based on player skill, not your champs
    Blade's synergies don't matter in the mephisto fight. If you didn't notice, he has the Force of Will node.
    APPARENTLY Blade can bypass those nodes
    Yep. Part of danger sense is that he ignores immunities
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Magik solo'd him 3x so far foot loose is nothing when you can control his power
  • Riot1234Riot1234 Posts: 44

Riot1234 said:

Im sorry man, but i will have to disagree. your solution here depends on having a maxed out 4* blade WITH synergies. Monthly EQs should be based on player skill, not your champs
    So why don't you use 3*? Or are you just not skilled enough
    Thats my coup de grace 😅
  • Riot1234Riot1234 Posts: 44
    Donnymeij said:

Riot1234 said:

That is practically impossible to do. It would only leave the creators with about half their champs to put as bosses. A lot of champs in the game need counters for them to be EASY.
    I can understand nodes like Footlose or Vigour or even Bane to a certain extent, but having nodes like extra incinerate damage and Force of will makes this fight more annoying than it should be
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    Riot1234 said:

Fun and interactive content has always been a problem in recent events but the Mephisto boss in this months EQ is just a bit too much. From the beginning, there are very few counters to Mephisto. ON TOP OF THAT, there are nodes like 40% more effective incinerates and Footloose which make this fight over tuned. There was this one situation where my R4 5* sparky got killed within of one tick of three auras at once. Another con with fighting Mephisto is that you are punished over and over for failing to beat him when h is below 30% heath. The fact that he can regen 10k health just by starting the fight is just wrong. (I have a screenshot that has Mephisto at 47 health when he killed my Domino and when he beat me again, he was back at 20k health. I will post that shortly).
    I am not here to blow smoke . the other fights were fair in the sense that they depended on player skill rather than having a counter champion. ( Elsa Bloodstone for example depended on you as a player to try out different types of combos).
    I urge KABAM to do something about this Mephisto boss because this one fight ruins the entire EQ.

Whenever you post something talking about how hard something is, you're never gonna get a fair pool of responses. It's just an invitation for the blowhards to do what they do best.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Graydrox said:

Riot1234 said:

Fun and interactive content has always been a problem in recent events but the Mephisto boss in this months EQ is just a bit too much. From the beginning, there are very few counters to Mephisto. ON TOP OF THAT, there are nodes like 40% more effective incinerates and Footloose which make this fight over tuned. There was this one situation where my R4 5* sparky got killed within of one tick of three auras at once. Another con with fighting Mephisto is that you are punished over and over for failing to beat him when h is below 30% heath. The fact that he can regen 10k health just by starting the fight is just wrong. (I have a screenshot that has Mephisto at 47 health when he killed my Domino and when he beat me again, he was back at 20k health. I will post that shortly).
    I am not here to blow smoke . the other fights were fair in the sense that they depended on player skill rather than having a counter champion. ( Elsa Bloodstone for example depended on you as a player to try out different types of combos).
    I urge KABAM to do something about this Mephisto boss because this one fight ruins the entire EQ.

Whenever you post something talking about how hard something is, you're never gonna get a fair pool of responses. It's just an invitation for the blowhards to do what they do best.
    hard is relative, and something that can be overcame with skill or time ( better champs). It is not about being a blowhard, it is about what is reasonable. What is not fun and interactive to you may be to someone else and vise versa. This game does not target any single person.
  • Cap parry heavy repeat. After regen is done when he is around 25% use that s3 and done. Very simple
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    1-shots with Rulk, Blade, and Quake. Nothing special here.
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I went in planning to use Havok but tbh I did more damage with Wasp by comboing into the heavy and just waiting out the arua of incenerate.
  • Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    Anyone knows why he isn't consuming a soul when using a special 1?
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Mik81 said:

Anyone knows why he isn't consuming a soul when using a special 1?

Did it hit you?
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Aryl said:

@Riot1234

I'm not sure what you mean.

https://youtu.be/FZIhiGT56ZU

Imagine playing mcoc with the in-game music couldn't be me