**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cull Nerf needs buff- Biggest shield in game w/ worst Block Prof

All of these youtubers and videos got cull nerfed showing insane dmg output. What the videos didn’t show you is cull in Act 6.2 or ROL against winter soldier, cap marvel, jugs, or any hard content because he’s complete trash. He has the same ramp dmg you see with aegon and you can build Thing too.

Cull needs two things with this nerf, upgrade his base dmg so he can kill a single fight in 6.2 to even have chance to ramp, or increase his block proficiency.

How does the person with the biggest shield in the game have the worst block proficiency, it makes absolute no sense

Comments

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Terra said:

A large shield is useless if you don't know how to wield it. Cull is wielding his shield straight against the enemy. This makes him take the brute Force of everything that hits the shield. If he was smart, he'd hold the shield so that the attacks glance off the shield to not take all that brute Force

Seems like a bunch of blabbe..

He has the biggest shield in the game with the worst block prof. Some people are blocking with their forearms and a tenth the size with better block prof. Makes no sense
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

A large shield is useless if you don't know how to wield it. Cull is wielding his shield straight against the enemy. This makes him take the brute Force of everything that hits the shield. If he was smart, he'd hold the shield so that the attacks glance off the shield to not take all that brute Force

He has the biggest shield in the game with the worst block prof. Some people are blocking with their forearms and a tenth the size with better block prof. Makes no sense
    If you know how to redirect the source of pressure going into your shield, less damage you take.
    But with Cull, he was made like this for a reason. Almost no champ is great at one thing (Cull in this case, damage) without atleast a drawback (Culls BP in this case)
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Why do you think realistic logic would apply to a fantasy world?
    Terra said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

If you know how to redirect the source of pressure going into your shield, less damage you take.
    But with Cull, he was made like this for a reason. Almost no champ is great at one thing (Cull in this case, damage) without atleast a drawback (Culls BP in this case)
    Stellan said:

But they nerfed his dmg, and his block prof is unchanged. He’s actually one of the weakest champs against harder content until ramped, but you cannot ramp if you cannot stay alive from never gett8ng hit, just taking block dmg. Ppl responding surely don’t have cull, or haven’t tried him on harder content.

I’m not asking for logic, I’m just asking for a hint of common sense.

I’m good with ghost rider not being incenerate immune, but this is just ****.
    They coulda at least put him middle of the pack, but WORST?!?!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Stellan said:

But they nerfed his dmg, and his block prof is unchanged. He’s actually one of the weakest champs against harder content until ramped, but you cannot ramp if you cannot stay alive from never gett8ng hit, just taking block dmg. Ppl responding surely don’t have cull, or haven’t tried him on harder content.

little known fact, applying "common sense" is talking about applying logic.

Cull has not been nerfed yet, we dont know what that nerf will be, and he is still a beyond god tier champion. His block proficiency does not limit him from finishing hard content based on skill.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Real life logic doesn’t mean a great deal in Mcoc, but yes, if they’re needing damage at least buff him somewhere else as cull with damage the same as other hard hitters just isn’t a champ you want to play as he wouldn’t be anything special in comparison
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Stellan said:

Cull has not been nerfed yet, we dont know what that nerf will be, and he is still a beyond god tier champion. His block proficiency does not limit him from finishing hard content based on skill.
    “I’m not asking for logic, I’m asking for a hint of common sense” - correctly used firstly

Yes it does prevent him against harder content even with skill my @$$, you either #1 don’t have him and watched too many YouTube videos on ROL after he’s fully maxed , or #2 have never tried him in 6.2. This “skill” you speak of, I guaranteed you can’t finish 2 fights with him in 6.2.

There is a reason why there are hardly 0 YouTube videos of him with 0-3 charges, because they died, revived, and healed up
    edited October 2019
    Cranmer00 said:

Lormif said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Stellan said:

“I’m not asking for logic, I’m asking for a hint of common sense” - correctly used firstly,

but used harder content with skill my @$$, you either #1 don’t have him and watched too many YouTube videos on ROL after he’s fully maxed , or #2 have never tried him in 6.2. This “skill” you speak of, I guaranteed you can’t finish 2 fights with him in 6.2.
    If *I* can or not is not in question. You are talking about block prof, block prof only matters in blocking, if you intercept you dont take block damage, therefore the greater your skill the less damage you take.

Secondly your "firstly" in no way counters my statement, if you are asking for common sense you are asking for logic:

And he’s already been nerfed once
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Have him r4. Not using at all as he is trash at hard content such as act 6. I hope that rebalance will happen and for rank down ticket after that :))
    Cranmer00 said:

He has not been nerf, a bug was corrected, and he was set back to where he was when he was first released.
    Bpn88855 said:

Have him r4. Not using at all as he is trash at hard content such as act 6. I hope that rebalance will be issues and for rank down ticket after that :))

100% agree, once more ppl actually get him in the game and stop relying on YouTube vids, they will see.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Lormif said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Cranmer00 said:

Terra said:

Stellan said:

“I’m not asking for logic, I’m asking for a hint of common sense” - correctly used firstly,

but used harder content with skill my @$$, you either #1 don’t have him and watched too many YouTube videos on ROL after he’s fully maxed , or #2 have never tried him in 6.2. This “skill” you speak of, I guaranteed you can’t finish 2 fights with him in 6.2.
    While I agree they should increase his BP to offset whatever damage they may nerf you are incorrect that he can’t handle two fights in 6.2. I used him this morning for 6.2.6 6 star path at R1 and he took Stark, Blade, Void, Gulk and the entire 6 star gate without a pot or issue. He is not an ideal champ for 6.2 but in the right situation he can be used.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

He's not been nerfed before. He worked properly on release.
    Then he became bugged to where Thanos' favors were counting down while hitting opponents.
    Then they fixed that.
    Then somehow broke his interaction with his armor break mechanics to where he was putting out 10 times more damage than he was supposed to.
    Then they finally fixed him to work as intended.

He's never been nerfed.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    I’d be fine if they took his armor to 0 and bumped his bp a bit while the drop his damage a bit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Also, YouTubers weren't the reason for changes. They collected data on both him and Maw.
  • NanaPokuNanaPoku Posts: 50

Cranmer00 said:

Bpn88855 said:

Have him r4. Not using at all as he is trash at hard content such as act 6. I hope that rebalance will be issues and for rank down ticket after that :))

100% agree, once more ppl actually get him in the game and stop relying on YouTube vids, they will see.
    here's a shot of mine

i intercept everything anyways so i couldn't tell you the difference with his block proficiency or anything. all i know is that after a few fights i can't even get to my sp1 combo shield before the defenders are dead, in this case every UC EQ boss. tbf i haven't really looked at 6.2 yet, but didn't need him to clear Cavalier. but sure, make his block better, why not, no skin off my ***.
    Go ahead and try him on 6.2. Intercepts are great, but at some point, you'll need to parry, then heavy to inflict the armor breaks. That low block proficiency will kill you in 6.2
  • Terra said:

Can you train him?
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,300 ★★★★
    Imagine Cull with Capt America og perfect block which is equivalent to his signature level (so sig200 cap at 80% perfect block) less maybe 15% or 20% his current attack damage..

Note: Cull is still not immune to bleed, poison, toxin, shock, incinerate, frostbite, coldsnap, degen or other debuffs.