**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game without suicides

I wanted to touch upon something that I've noticed recently. Maybe it's just me, but the game seems awfully slow and tedious when I'm not running suicides. Obviously arena is where it's visible the most, however more and more champs seem to be coming out being de and/or lc friendly (or needing them to shine - OR, BWCV).

Do you think Kabam devs realize that in order to keep up with the game and stay efficient time wise, suicide builds are "must-havs"?

Maybe I'm just talking nonsense :) However can you realistically play in the endgame without running suicides? Perhaps we're missing easy mastery build swaps or something, but it seems the game has become tailored to de and/or lc which became kind of stale and boring.

What does everyone think?

Comments

• AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★

How much of a damage increase do suicides provide?

I believe full suicides give you an additional 60% attack
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Lol suicides
  • razielraziel Posts: 82

I've never run Suicides. The extra Damage might shave off a bit of time, but there's a whole game outside of them. I don't think they're must-haves.

They really speed things up. With a time consuming game like this, it seems de and/or lc are kind of necessary to be efficient in your activities. Not to mention the savings for boosts and potions (when running specific champs).
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    raziel said:

I've never run Suicides. The extra Damage might shave off a bit of time, but there's a whole game outside of them. I don't think they're must-haves.

They really speed things up. With a time consuming game like this, it seems de and/or lc are kind of necessary to be efficient in your activities. Not to mention the savings for boosts and potions (when running specific champs).
    Time doesn't mean a necessity. If you don't have time, use suicides. If you have time, don't use them if you don't want. They're not a necessity, they are a nicety.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

raziel said:

Time doesn't mean a necessity. If you don't have time, use suicides. If you have time, don't use them if you don't want. They're not a necessity, they are a nicety.
    In a grindy game, time is the best resource.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    raziel said:

they are not necessary
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★
    There will be a lot of opinions on this. It really is about your play style, where you are in the game, and who your champs are that you use most. For me I use max liquid courage, but not double edge. I took suicide off recently and it was a huge difference in damage output and the length of the fight, naturally. But the lengthier the fight, the more chances for mistakes and DOT that will hurt you more than the poison from liqiud courage. Yes recoil sucks and you have to play around it at times, but for me LQ is a must.
  • I've never run Suicides. The extra Damage might shave off a bit of time, but there's a whole game outside of them. I don't think they're must-haves.

They're must-haves if you're a huge grinder, ~f2p, and want to grow your account as much as possible. Need them to maximize shards and unit gains.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★

Suicides are not necessary. There is some masteries such as deep wounds and assassin which for many is a should be necessary such as if you use killmonger or blade or Nick fury a lot.

Deeps wounds for sure, but assassin? You can run both, but would you rather have 30-60% more attack for the whole fight, or just the last 18%?
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited October 2019
    I run endgame without suicides the recoil is trash and it’s a money grab for health pots and revives. I die 10x less without them.

If I did arena, I would def have
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have suicides on. Yes, it is a noticeable difference.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm not willing to spend units to constantly take them off for AW defense and I'm not a big arena grinder so I don't run them.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    Suicides is double edged, not all champions are suicide friendly, in exchange for additional percentage to attack, your champion gradually losses certain amount of health.. Omega Red if bleeding gets death field activated making him more deadly (30 death spores), Minister can reflect the poison and bleed to opponents with his sp1. Personally I don’t like to gamble with my champion health specially with my game being inconsistent.. if you want to use this mastery setting, go ahead... personally I’d rather not use it..
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Omega was released like a year ago.
    1 champ per year is not a lot. Most of champs don't benefit that much, considering you don't want to use sp1 or sp2
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I always run suicides. Hate when they aren’t on. And I typically rank champs that are suicide friendly.
    Aleor said:

1 champ per year is not a lot. Most of champs don't benefit that much, considering you don't want to use sp1 or sp2

Only 1 suicide friendly champ got released last year wut? There were 2 suicide friendly champs in the month omega red got released in...
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    I got Mr Sinister awaken, Havok, and Omega Red.. I rank up Sinister just because he is sort of fun to play and he jus looks Sinister... Havok is raw damage from sp3 and Omega Red is continuous degen via death spores.. if I had the resources I’d rank them all up but, Sinister can be annoying defender and good attacker, depending on how he is used.. Sinister is also suicide friendly after you send the poison and bleed to your opponent.. lol.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I ran suicides years ago for a couple weeks. Made arena grinding super quick, but the recoil damage and the fact it nerfs regen champs was enough reason for me to never go back. And now I have a 5* R5 Ghost with all the synergy and I still have no desire to run suicides.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

They're must-haves if you're a huge grinder, ~f2p, and want to grow your account as much as possible. Need them to maximize shards and unit gains.
    Coming up on 100k Wins in the Arena. Not really.

Coming up on 100k Wins in the Arena. Not really.
    Well you arent f2p which is what he is stating...
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Incredibly wrong.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    If the champion is immune, do you still get the attack bonus?