**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Grandmaster Crystals

These are such a waste of space in the game in their current form. Every time I get enough shards to open one I get a 3* (of course) and think "glad I became uncollected". Why are these shards not in more aspects of the game to replace PHC's? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Comments

• Options
    Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

You think they are a waste of space and you want more of them?

In their current form - yes. Getting a dime once a week is pointless, but getting 1000 of them is more meaningful.
    You knew what I meant.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Caino1023 said:

DNA3000 said:

You think they are a waste of space and you want more of them?

In their current form - yes. Getting a dime once a week is pointless, but getting 1000 of them is more meaningful.
    You knew what I meant.
    I only want more of things that have value in the first place. I don't complain about the value of things I want more of. I don't assume anyone would complain about the value of things they want more of without some kind of explanation, because that would be ridiculous.
    That's nice.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I say either more availability for Gcs or increase gcs and cavs to 4-5 and 4-6 star champions. I’m not too fussed about it but I think it would be nice. It meets some people’s demands of more 5* shards and 3*s are pretty much useless arena fodder at this stage of the game
  • Options
    Jerk311Jerk311 Posts: 55
    The bigger disappointment is the daily uncollected Crystal's. I've collected 1000s of t4c shard Crystal's. I miss the chance at even garbage champs in the older ones.
  • Options

I say either more availability for Gcs or increase gcs and cavs to 4-5 and 4-6 star champions. I’m not too fussed about it but I think it would be nice. It meets some people’s demands of more 5* shards and 3*s are pretty much useless arena fodder at this stage of the game

yea not a bad idea.
  • Options
    RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I pulled a 5* Hawkeye tonight from the login grandmaster crystal and anothor person in my alliance pulled a 5* kill monger from a grandmaster? 2 in one day within hours from the same alliance? your argument is not valid....
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    I pulled my 5* Magik from a login GM shard crystal. And 5* Massacre. And 5* Red Hulk. And duped my 5* OML. There are many more but these are the first that come to mind. It seems I get 4*s more often than 3*s. Maybe you just have tough luck when it comes to these.
  • Options
    Considering it’s what, 5% chance at a 5*, I don’t think it’s tough luck, I think it’s just exactly as Kabam intends it currently. People pulling 5*s all the time from them and saying they’re just fine are the exception
  • Options
    Hellow said:

Another give me lost that nitpicks a very minor aspect of the game
    Sad

So you think getting 1 complete grandmaster crystal every 2 weeks for becoming uncollected is adding value to the game then?
  • Options

I pulled a 5* Hawkeye tonight from the login grandmaster crystal and anothor person in my alliance pulled a 5* kill monger from a grandmaster? 2 in one day within hours from the same alliance? your argument is not valid....

That is awesome for you and your alliance mate. I envy you, because all I have ever gotten is 3*... not even a 4*, in at least a year of being uncollected. I think the point that the OP is trying to drive home is that, at the uncollected level, a 3* is useless and a waste of the time it takes to accumulate a GM crystal. Let's be realistic; if you are at UC level, even most 4* champs are useless. What the GC should provide is a base level 4* with a chance at a 5* and a rare 6* (How PHC's are with 2*, 3*, and 4* respectfully).
    4* chance: 90%
    5* chance: 9%
    6* chance: 1%
    100% agree
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

Well yes I don’t even care if it’s gonna give me 2* anymore. GMC accomplished its mission for me after almost 9 months. Keep trying bud
  • Options

Well yes I don’t even care if it’s gonna give me 2* anymore. GMC accomplished its mission for me after almost 9 months. Keep trying bud

wow - nice. that's insane.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Or as i have said over and over...tweak the drop rates. (Including the phc) reduce the 2, and 3s and increase the 4 and 5 stars. I can't even pop a new champ anymore unless it is a 5 star crystal. Nice that i get shards from every crystal but after so long it isn't much fun to get nothing but shards and no one new. In the five months i have been uncollected i have opened one 5 from the GM crystals...king groot! (Yaaay!)
  • Options
    Rap said:

Or as i have said over and over...tweak the drop rates. (Including the phc) reduce the 2, and 3s and increase the 4 and 5 stars. I can't even pop a new champ anymore unless it is a 5 star crystal. Nice that i get shards from every crystal but after so long it isn't much fun to get nothing but shards and no one new. In the five months i have been uncollected i have opened one 5 from the GM crystals...king groot! (Yaaay!)

yep that would definitely work.

Anyone who is uncollected has zero need for 3 stars.
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    I got my first 5* from a gmc last week, got havok :p
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Caino1023 said:

Rap said:

Doesn't matter if they have a need for them or not. If it only contained 4 and 5*'s the progression gap will become an even bigger divide in the player base. The 3*'s help stay the gap in both the GMCs and Cavalier Crystals.
  • Options

Caino1023 said:

Rap said:

Doesn't matter if they have a need for them or not. If it only contained 4 and 5*'s the progression gap will become an even bigger divide in the player base. The 3*'s help stay the gap in both the GMCs and Cavalier Crystals.
    I’m not saying don’t have 3*s. But the number of crystals per week is low or the chances for a 5* should be increased
  • Options
    Yet another 3*. Such a disappointment every 2 weeks. @Kabam Miike with the new calendars, any plans to update these?
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    If you are Uncollected or Cavalier and these crystals actually bring disappointment, then you are doing something wrong.
  • Options
    Yet another 3*. Such a disappointment every 2 weeks. @Kabam Miike with the new calendars, any plans to update these?
    SDP said:

If you are Uncollected or Cavalier and these crystals actually bring disappointment, then you are doing something wrong.

How so? You think the amount and frequency of these crystals add a great amount of value to your account?
    I'd love to hear your wisdom.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Caino1023 said:

SDP said:

How so? You think the amount and frequency of these crystals add a great amount of value to your account?
    No. I don’t. And that is the point. It’s a free shot at a 5*, but obviously an unlikely one. Maybe a 4* for a little iso bump. I can’t imagine any scenario in which your progression relies on them enough to be disappointed in them. I don’t expect them to add significant value to my account. I expect to complete content for meaningful progression.

I have never once thought about them in any meaningful way. I generally have nearly a million PHC shards, so they don’t concern me at all honestly. I don’t expect to get anything at all from some small free crystal every couple weeks. I often forget about them entirely. There is zero disappointment for me when I do get around to opening them.

You’re disappointed in the benefits of becoming Uncollected because of a lack of these shards? Really? What about the EQ?

Hey, man. Whatever does it for ya.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

Caino1023 said:

SDP said:

No. I don’t. And that is the point. It’s a free shot at a 5*, but obviously an unlikely one. Maybe a 4* for a little iso bump. I can’t imagine any scenario in which your progression relies on them enough to be disappointed in them. I don’t expect them to add significant value to my account. I expect to complete content for meaningful progression.

I have never once thought about them in any meaningful way. I generally have nearly a million PHC shards, so they don’t concern me at all honestly. I don’t expect to get anything at all from some small free crystal every couple weeks. I often forget about them entirely. There is zero disappointment for me when I do get around to opening them.

You’re disappointed in the benefits of becoming Uncollected because of a lack of these shards? Really? What about the EQ?

Hey, man. Whatever does it for ya.
    Perfectly explained. The literal explanation of the say in "looking a gift horse in the mouth". It's a free crystal that you litterally do nothing to get. Open it and move on.