**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should the Champion's "Contest's Greatest Fighters" ability be updated?

In accordance with the meta? This ability grants the Champion increased ability accuracy (and I believe buff duration, but not sure) as well as reduces time between acquisitions of persistent charges. For the ability to activate, the opponent MUST be one of a few selected fighters deemed to be the "Greatest" at the Champion's introduction. However, with many recent and powerful new additions (ie. Nick Fury, Brie Larson, etc), this ability seems behind the times.

Should the Champion's "Contest's Greatest Fighters" ability be updated? 55 votes

Yes. It's outdated.
58%
BigPoppaCBONELosspikTerraMagrailothosege999menSaielNojokejaymA l p h aMrTicTac19992008My_SuperiorMoosetiptronicshadow_lurker22Torah13Colonaut123RakeYoungFhfjghhggggjfhfjgTheSpicyKnightSidDDragonjnikolas92FF10 32 votes
No. It's fine.
32%
GamerEb0ny-O-M4wSpity68Lvernon15Savio444CliffordcanAKTEKsolopoloWorknprogressMilesHolmwoodDarthPhalRougeknight87Amazing_Demon05OnesuavebroLoctiteSuperGlueAlexAvalonBidzy7TheInfinty 18 votes
Idc the Champion sucks regardless
9%
AssumedNamehiddenblizzardLovejoy72spiderbites0196Tehsigzorz 5 votes

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Yes. It's outdated.
    Yes as there's several inconsistencies with top champs on there. Ghulk, star lord, gwenpool, iceman& aa, magik& gr are not the top of there class as there is quake& beardo for science, omega red& domino for mutant, dr doom&claire voyant for mystic and nick fury& aegon for skill and tech is sparky& ghost
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    No. It's fine.
    I would say yes, but then when you have to fight him it sort of doesn’t benefit me. Even though there is quite a few counters.
    I would say no, but if he was my champ on defence it would prob be useful.
    I’d just leave it be.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Yes. It's outdated.
    It should keep up with the times. The Champion needs to stay fresh. Add champs, remove champs, add some cool stuff like he shows his disdain for pre-fight abilities or boosts with some effect.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    it should
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    No. It's fine.
    This was already discussed in many threads already.
    Simple answer, no it shouldn't. It doesnt make any sense to change/buff a champion by the wording of his ability. He has an ability against X champions (which is already a weird ability, but I'm not going to discuss that further), not an ability against the best champions in the game according to players or the designers.

People already got the hang of him, more or less. There is no need to change him now.
    No. It's fine.

Simple answer, no it shouldn't. It doesnt make any sense to change/buff a champion by the wording of his ability. He has an ability against X champions (which is already a weird ability, but I'm not going to discuss that further), not an ability against the best champions in the game according to players or the designers.

People already got the hang of him, more or less. There is no need to change him now.

Every time a dimensional being joins the Battlerealm Blade is technically buffed, Daredevil improves with each new invisible champion, and Human Torch dominates each mystic champ to enter the Contest... I don’t see why The Champion wouldn’t update his list of “The Contests Greatest Fighters” in a similar manner. After all, the fighters in the Battlerealm are constantly changing, shouldn’t Champion’s hit list change with it?
    That is a different case. Those champions abilities aren't changing at all when new champions are introduced. It just happens that one more champion will interact with other champion abilities, like exactly what happens with almost every champion with any champion that gets introduced.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not a good idea, or a logical one, to have an inconsistent champion in the game with abilities that are constantly changing. You wouldn't want them to go ahead and like replacing Thing bleed immunity for poison immunity, Ghost cruelty buffs to armor up buffs, Corvus guaranteed critical-hits to non-guaranteed crits, etc etc. Or in this case, you wouldn't want an interaction between X and Y champions to be changed, just so it gets changed again, and again, and again, knowing it will never work consistently.

Besides, is just wording that really is not relevant to the ability.
    No. It's fine.

Every time a dimensional being joins the Battlerealm Blade is technically buffed, Daredevil improves with each new invisible champion, and Human Torch dominates each mystic champ to enter the Contest... I don’t see why The Champion wouldn’t update his list of “The Contests Greatest Fighters” in a similar manner. After all, the fighters in the Battlerealm are constantly changing, shouldn’t Champion’s hit list change with it?
    That is a different case. Those champions abilities aren't changing at all when new champions are introduced. It just happens that one more champion will interact with other champion abilities, like exactly what happens with almost every champion with any champion that gets introduced.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not a good idea, or a logical one, to have an inconsistent champion in the game with abilities that are constantly changing. You wouldn't want them to go ahead and like replacing Thing bleed immunity for poison immunity, Ghost cruelty buffs to armor up buffs, Corvus guaranteed critical-hits to non-guaranteed crits, etc etc. Or in this case, you wouldn't want an interaction between X and Y champions to be changed, just so it gets changed again, and again, and again, knowing it will never work consistently.

Besides, is just wording that really is not relevant to the ability.
    He wouldn't change abilities like you proposed. The only thing that would change are the conditions.
    Still falls under the concept of inconsistent abilities. If a champion causes bleed by attacking, you wouldn't want them to be changed in order to cause bleed while being attacked, I suppose.

The Champion has an ability that triggers specifically against certain champions, and not against literally the "best champions" in the contest.. It's a weird ability by it's own, but lets that be how it is now to avoid future "nerf threads" and "rank down tickets threads".
    No. It's fine.
    Comics, movies, or Marvel Universe itself (except The Battlerealm) are really not something you should even consider when thinking about the game. They are almost irrelevant as you can see, and serve for inspiration purposes only.

Again, the "Contest Greatest Fighter's" for The Champion ability is a specific list of champions. They ARE NOT the best champion's in the game (considered by the players or Kabam itself), and the ability isn't meant to be about that.
    No. It's fine.
    Nothing tells you that Namor, Thing, Ghost, or anyone are the best champions in the game, aside from personal opinions of the players.

The Champion ability works for a specific list of champions. It could even include Iron Patriot or Kamala Khan there, and being considered two of the "Contest greatest fighter's" as well. It doesn't really matter that part of the wording, is irrelevant and isn't supposed to represent the best champions in the game, overall, for anything, without a doubt.

The problem here is people trying to include their personal opinions as obsolete facts, and taking advantage of how they see an ability works to propose a change with no laogical reason within the game standards. Just like many other abilities: it doesn't always trigger, but when it does it does this and that. Changing the trigger, or the ability itself would just lead to future caos.
    No. It's fine.
    How would you feel if they changed the way a character applies their abilities? Or if they changed the target of those abilities?
    I already provided examples above, and The Champion isn't anything different from them. Its a nerf, and a buff in some aspects, that no one asked for. If people like using him against Corvus, Blade, Magik etc, then how would they fell if that was changed for no real good reason? They ranked up a champion that no longer does what it used to do, and you probably know what happens here on the forums when someone gets "nerf" or changed that way