**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Wasp NERF rank down tickets required

Comments

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    You people asking for RDTs disgust me.

It isn't a nerf. They fixed an unintended bug. Get over it and learn to intercept.

What has intercepting anything to do with this?
    Intercepting is the main skill one uses to fight bosses when one isn’t relying on a bug to bypass stun immunity.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

I swear they clarified somewhere that this was an intentional interaction....

I kind of remember something like this being said during the AA change fiasco
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Something about her being able to do this being intentional that is
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★

arni2 said:

arni2 said:

Don’t forget to fix Dr. Doom also. He also has passive stun, the difference that he is money maker ;)
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-doctor-doom/

Bruh...
    Fix is the fix
    What? Look, both wasp and doom are supposed to have passive stun mechanics, but it is illogical for either of them to stun stun-immune opponents.

If doom is currently able to do that, then he will get fixed alongside wasp, or at least he should be. That has nothing to do with money.

If anything kabam might even lose some due to the cheese possibilities that exploit allows for (e.g. aw bosses).
    Dude, i wrote it should be fixed.... don’t you think that kabam knows exactly what doom can do? It probably humble mistake from their side to mention only wasp and not doom. Right...?

• solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    But why would or should a champion be able to stun defenders that are specifically stun immune? Doesn't make any sense. People complain when "kabam-favoring bugs" aren't addressed and fixed immediately but when the same thing happens with a "detrimental bug" everyone wants it to remain permanent. You ranked wasp up knowing that was a bug. That's completely on you.
    edited November 2019

arni2 said:

arni2 said:

arni2 said:

Don’t forget to fix Dr. Doom also. He also has passive stun, the difference that he is money maker ;)
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-doctor-doom/

Bruh...
    Fix is the fix
    What? Look, both wasp and doom are supposed to have passive stun mechanics, but it is illogical for either of them to stun stun-immune opponents.

If doom is currently able to do that, then he will get fixed alongside wasp, or at least he should be. That has nothing to do with money.

If anything kabam might even lose some due to the cheese possibilities that exploit allows for (e.g. aw bosses).
    Dude, i wrote it should be fixed.... don’t you think that kabam knows exactly what doom can do? It probably humble mistake from their side to mention only wasp and not doom. Right...?

Does he even function the same way wasp does? Your snarky comment is pretty useless without showing a) that doom has the same unintended interaction with stun immunity and b) that kabam is not going to fix him.

And I still don't see any correlation to money, considering how this is kind of a major exploit most likely resulting in a loss of money.

I put a spotlight of him. He works exactly as wasp, just need to make sure that shock applied on opponent, with 4 hits and heavy to passive stun
    Here is a spotlight:

• FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Frosty said:

Champion spotlight from over a year ago. Just saying. Consider reading all the moderator comments in spotlights. Those help more than you think.

Completely agree. People tend to overreact and not read before determining a bug vs a nerf. Prof Hoff is one of the worst out there trying to rile everyone up without proper knowledge.
    To me, Prof Hoff merely acts as the voice of the community. So he will voice the opinions of not only the good people, who have justified views and opinions, as well as voice the opinions of the bad people(like those in this thread who complain about the wasp nerf). So in a sense i don't blame prof entirely for some of the illogical opinions found on his channel. In fact i find most of his offer reviews and what is worth is videos quite knowledgeable.
    As the apparent voice of the community he should calm the mob attitude by quieting them down when they're clearly in the wrong too

arni2 said:

Here is a spotlight:

Okay...? You don't really seem to understand what they're going to change about wasp, I guess.

Both him and wasp are intended to have a passive stun. Their stun being passive is not the issue and will not change.

Again: is doom currently able to stun stun-immune opponents with his passive stun mechanic? Because that is what neither of them is intended to do.
    This is what I’m trying to say to you. Doom can stun stun immune with passive. It’s need to be also fixed
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    The passive stun interaction with stun immunity scenarios was classified as a bug long time ago. For Wasp case, since her release it was confirmed that she should NOT be able to sun opponents who are stun immune.

Not a nerf, rather a bug fix. Or if you like, they will revert her "buffed" ability back to how it should be. Just be glad you were able to enjoy a bug on your favor till now.

As for other champions with passive stun abilities, they should also be fixed. Dont really know why they only stated wasp since she isn't the only one with this problem.

Also, I suppose the interaction against Mordo astral evade should get fixed with this. But again, it should be with all champions able to apply a passive stun, and not just Wasp
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    I thought they said they weren't touching her and it was apart of her kit?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★

The passive stun is part of her kit, and the ability to apply it against debuff immunity scenarios.
    Not the ability to apply it against stun immunity scenarios, that was confirmed to be a bug upon her release
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Lormif said:

Frosty said:

Champion spotlight from over a year ago. Just saying. Consider reading all the moderator comments in spotlights. Those help more than you think.

Completely agree. People tend to overreact and not read before determining a bug vs a nerf. Prof Hoff is one of the worst out there trying to rile everyone up without proper knowledge.
    To me, Prof Hoff merely acts as the voice of the community. So he will voice the opinions of not only the good people, who have justified views and opinions, as well as voice the opinions of the bad people(like those in this thread who complain about the wasp nerf). So in a sense i don't blame prof entirely for some of the illogical opinions found on his channel. In fact i find most of his offer reviews and what is worth is videos quite knowledgeable.
    Blindly acting as a voice without doing any research on the matter is completely on him. He is a journalism professor, he should know better.
    I have only one thing to say:

#fakenewshasslehoff

In this day and age, fact checking is just a few simple clicks away. To think that a fellow academic like him doesn’t hold true to his principles of always striving to verify and disseminate the truth is quite regrettable tbh
  • You people asking for RDTs disgust me.

The passive stun is part of her kit, and the ability to apply it against debuff immunity scenarios.
    Not the ability to apply it against stun immunity scenarios, that was confirmed to be a bug upon her release
    Oh ok, I posted and edited before i fully read the comments. Saw the block chain part of the post so assumed that was what this was about
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    It's too minor, RDTs are for bigger nerfs
    Why did they wait over a year to fix this?
    edited November 2019

arni2 said:

arni2 said:

Here is a spotlight:

Okay...? You don't really seem to understand what they're going to change about wasp, I guess.

Both him and wasp are intended to have a passive stun. Their stun being passive is not the issue and will not change.

Again: is doom currently able to stun stun-immune opponents with his passive stun mechanic? Because that is what neither of them is intended to do.
    This is what I’m trying to say to you. Doom can stun stun immune with passive. It’s need to be also fixed
    I don't have a doom, so I can't test it. If you have a doom to show that or a recording of doom stunning a stun-immune opponent, then I'd say you should report it just in case.

Judging from how you say what you say however, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you simply seem to assume that doom can do the same, because his stun is passive as well.

That is not nessecarily the case, though. For example, a little while ago cap iw's petrify debuff was bugged and didn't properly interact with power gain, while other petrify debuffs from other champs functioned properly.

Now, if you have a recording of doom stunning a stun-immune champ, or in other words, if that is actually a thing, then I agree and doom should be fixed alongside wasp. And I'd say he definitely would be fixed alongside her, because that is a major exploit for players to abuse.

If that isn't the case however, then you're only trying to stir up some controversy with your initial comment.
    I will record it for you. You also can duel one, take nick fury, reach second fury phase when he stun immune and you will see that he stuns you. Duel target tsully
    tsully

Edit:
    See this video. Fury on his stun immune mode:

https://youtu.be/1lgHZ3GLWnM

Now please stop being naive, kabam knows well how champs works, especially new and super anticipated champs like doom. It’s not like you have 100 champs with passive stun, you only have 2, so there is no actual logic to talk only about fixing wasp without mentioning doom (super prestige champ)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,814 ★★★★★

Frosty said:

If that voice was Uncle Eddie from X-mas vacation.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    It's too minor, RDTs are for bigger nerfs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ec9SMeDUQ
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    I too feel like RDTs are required
    They’ve actually said before when they was explains she hulk chaining heavy attacks that wasp is the only one able to do so with mechanic and I’m pretty sure it was @Kabam Miike who said so
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    I too feel like RDTs are required
    Here it is ! From the MCOC second paragraph stating wasp is the only one with that mechanic ! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

• Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    She will NOT be nerfed !!
    Her ability to chain a combo with a heavy will be still there BUT not against stun immunes !
    If an opponent is stun immune, how could he possibly be stunned ?! 😑
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171

Just got done watching proff didn't you 😒

Yes that's where I found out. Is that a problem?
    Proff is extremely biased when I comes to Kabams mistakes or the like he never sees both sides and tries to make then look bad at every opportunity and when never admits when he is wrong
This discussion has been closed.