**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Your "Rankable" 5 Stars.

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
I have 58 5stars yet only 6 are at r4+ (r4 and up), precisely 2 r5s and 4 r4s. I go through my roster and see about 2 to 3 I can take up to the r4+ ranks but doesn't make sense cos either they won't add anything different to the table (ex why rank up Starlord if you have Spidey/Aegon at r4+) or they have rework issues pending (Cull, Diablo, Annihilus). This is important cos content right now namely Act6 and Variant requires specific champions that match it in terms of Utility and Damage. Also rank up materials, resources are scarce, need to use them wisely.
Note: I'm not a "whaler", however I spend on this game more than I do on TV subscriptions per month. If Netflix considers my monthly donations as something, then it's something..lol.

Lemme know your situation:
How many 5stars you've got and how many are worthy or at r4+ ranks?
Why dont you have more champs at r4+ ranks?

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I've got 11 and only 2 are worthy of R3 or above. One if them is at R4 rn. At my level, I cant afford to waste T4CC.
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    I think ive got around 40 5*. And I got 5 of them at R4 and after i get the glory from AQ i will buy the last t5b to take one of them to rank 5.

However i can agree with you, becoz of all theese lists im hesitant to take a lot of champs to rank 4 even if i like to play them.

I think alot of people, me included, needs to put all theese tier lists aside and just rank champs thats fun to play.
    That was pretty much my way with 4* and that took me a long way.
  • jonzerjonzer Posts: 161
    ive got about 35. and only 4 rk4
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Ctuchik said:

I think ive got around 40 5*. And I got 5 of them at R4 and after i get the glory from AQ i will buy the last t5b to take one of them to rank 5.

However i can agree with you, becoz of all theese lists im hesitant to take a lot of champs to rank 4 even if i like to play them.

I think alot of people, me included, needs to put all theese tier lists aside and just rank champs thats fun to play.
    That was pretty much my way with 4* and that took me a long way.

I agree with you for the fun of it, but this game adds fun with difficulty. I've explored all contents but Act6 and Variants. I can't just take any champ I like to r4 or r5 if I can't use them in these contents and the next to come especially since resources are limited. If I have abundant money to spend then, yes I may be able to rank up for fun.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’ve got a few over 100 5 stars, around 20 r4+, but I’d happily take quite a few more up
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    i have 18 5* on my second account -- 1 6*
    my rankables are
    stark
    corvus
    cap IW 6*
    ghost
    think
    venom the duck
    nick fury
    sabertooth
    annihilus
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    I've got 4
    Thor Ragnarok
    Domino
    Annihilus
    Venom the Duck

I would only rank up domino and vtd. Annihilus if I need someone on defense
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    I am kind of in the same boat ...have 47 5* and only 17 are R4 worthy ...but per your assessment I just don't have the resources therefore only 5 are at R4 & none are at R5.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I’ve got a few over 100 5 stars, around 20 r4+, but I’d happily take quite a few more up

Just went through, 105 5 stars, 43 I consider it have r4 worthy
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Ive got a bunch of r4s and r5s but out of the remaining champs i have 60+ with only 4 or 5 being worthy of r4 or higher out of 60. Theres alot of trash champs in this game. Its a shame.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    70 5*
    3 5/64
    7 4/55
    A shite load of blue arrows
    0 t2a
  • Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Just went through, 105 5 stars, 43 I consider it have r4 worthy
    Sounds like we have similar rosters. 106 5* champs, and of those seven at r5, twelve at r4, and thirty two I would rank up to at least r4 if resources were available.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 788 ★★★
    81 5* - 5 at R5 and 8 at R4. Only maybe 5 I'd consider for R5, but 12-15 I'd R4. Variant gems are great for those marginal rankups. Marginal here means no real need or advantage besides having more good/great champs ranked.

I will use R4 2015/2016 ones for Colossus, DV and X-23 and generic ones for BWCV and OR. Still holding a tech and a R5 skill for right champs and keeping rankup materials held back for my unicorns.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    The_One said:

70 5*
    3 5/64
    7 4/55
    A shite load of blue arrows
    0 t2a

Loved the "...blue arrows" reference.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    i have magik, stark spidey, wasp, iron man infinity war, and doctor voodoo at rank 4, and i have spider gwen and carnage at rank 5. i’m working on getting my 6 star ghost to rank 2 (i only need 1 more t5 basic), then i will probably 5/65 human torch. i have a ton of rankable characters since i only rank champions i like, no matter if they are good or bad.
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    106 5 star 11-R5 11-R4
    Many candidates to take up just never enough resources
    Next r5 choices are NF SS sunspot medusa ghost
    Corvus at r2 since I just got him recently
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    78 5* champs, 14 r4. But I actually only use some of them occasionally. I also have r4 ip, sesm, hulk, thing, voodo, oml ranked with variant gems and ultron, proxima, starlord, shehulk, ronan and symsup ranked because of t2a overflow. Only 2 of 14 ranked because I liked them - gp and hype.
    Would I like to rank anyone else? Sure. Do I have champs I like? No. So I have to rank those I have.
    I completed 6.3 and explored variant 2 and 3, not going to explore variant 1 and act 6 anytime soon.
    For most of the content I use my r2 6* rulk, sentinel and km with some 5* for synergy or certain nodes, mostly hype, shehulk, symsup, hulk. Rng wasn't very kind to me overall
    Btw, always have t2a in overflow last months and 2k t4b fragments crystals hoarded, lol
    edited December 2019
    Aleor said:

78 5* champs, 14 r4. But I actually only use some of them occasionally. I also have r4 ip, sesm, hulk, thing, voodo, oml ranked with variant gems and ultron, proxima, starlord, shehulk, ronan and symsup ranked because of t2a overflow. Only 2 of 14 ranked because I liked them - gp and hype.
    Would I like to rank anyone else? Sure. Do I have champs I like? No. So I have to rank those I have.
    I completed 6.3 and explored variant 2 and 3, not going to explore variant 1 and act 6 anytime soon.
    For most of the content I use my r2 6* rulk, sentinel and km with some 5* for synergy or certain nodes, mostly hype, shehulk, symsup, hulk. Rng wasn't very kind to me overall
    Btw, always have t2a in overflow last months and 2k t4b fragments crystals hoarded, lol

Nice you have enough resources. I think I might have to rank up champs I have also. Got t2a max now. I'm looking forward to getting a Warlock or old Corvus or Blade that I've pulled lol. I tried featured 3 times and got Juggernaut twice and Stealth Spidey. Will keep him at r3 for now.
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
    I have 114 5*
    7 at r5
    23 at r4
    9 that are definitely still worth the r4.

Sitting on two year based 3-4 gems (jest waiting on possible reworks to use them)

But I’m not ranking a 5* to r4 without a gem or if I’m going to use a gem to take them to r5. T2alpha is all going into r2 6* right now. None of the 5* I haven’t ranked up are gonna do anything for me content wise so using the resources on them feels like a waste.
  • DementedAllyDementedAlly Posts: 18
    I have 65 5 stars. Out of them 3 are currently R5 (CMM, CAIW, Blade), and 4 are R4 (Sparky, Corvus, Ghost Rider, Hyperion).

I'd say of my remaining 58 5 stars, 11 more are R4+ worthy (Thing, Human Torch, Wasp, She-Hulk, Nick Fury, Sabretooth, Omega, Havok, Venom, Sentinel, Dr. Voodoo).

Rank-up materials are spread out thin, and I worry that even with the number of champs I want to rank-up to R4+, I will never be able to rank some of them up because they are in the same class (hogging T4CC, having similar utilities/effects, etc.)

I only have one 6* who is at R2 and that is Ghost (she's the only one worthy of R2 amongst my other 6* anyways). At least Kabam has slowly been opening the floodgates with more T2A and T5CC. Hopefully the 5-Year Anniversary event brings even more bonuses!
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    35 total, one r5, three r4 and eleven more I would be happy to r4; so 15 total or of 35.

I have had a great string of 10 or so pulls this month with all the compensation, event shards and some variant luck.

101 5*
    11 r5
    6* r2 Domino
    10 r4

I'm only ranking synergy Champs from now on, Deff Champs or some with special utility. @J0eySn0w you should only r4 Champs you also want to r5 from now on and safe your t2Alpha for this until you have a decent r5 roster.

R4s are useless in endgame contend and to much of them just leed to an lack of T2Alpha 🤷‍♂️

Makes a lot of sense to r4 Champs I'd r5 eventually. Thanks for tip pal.
    Sean_Who said:

35 total, one r5, three r4 and eleven more I would be happy to r4; so 15 total or of 35.

I have had a great string of 10 or so pulls this month with all the compensation, event shards and some variant luck.

Good for you! I pulled 4 AG crystals and got 3 mystic and 1 cosmic. Was funny cos I had about 5 or less mystics champs by then. Was waiting on the right mystic but was told to use them cos its design to continue giving me mystic until I use it. So I did. Lol
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    I am kind of in the same boat with you considering the progression level.(Had initial completion of 6.1 but exploring act 5 when I get free energy) . And a totally f2p, obviously not by choice.
    But I feel kind of blessed by rng.My only 5/65 is domino,have 6 r4 and sitting on champs like AA,OR,Void,Gulk,SS,magik,Hyperion to rank up.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Main account:
    98 x 5* (7 R5 and 13 R4) got about 10 that can go to R4/5
    14 x 6* (only namor and sparkles are possible candidate for R2)

Second account:
    58 x 5* (3 R5 and 9 R4). Got about 10 that can goto R4/5 but limited in resources
    6 x 6* (domino is r2). Might r2 Thing
  • i think i have 94 5 stars.
    15 Rank 5
    11 Rank 4

T5b drops like candy, the problem is T2A is still a bit too scarce to just drop 4 on a champ to bring them to Rank 4 if they aren't going up to Rank 5 - and in that case, it takes 10 T2A to do so.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Just pulled my 90th 5* today. 7 R5, 12 r4. I have 10 more at r3, all of whom I would take to r4, but it's likely that only a few of them will get taken up before I start switching to r2 6*'s (I already have one). I've also got a few sitting at r1-r2 that are rank up worthy, but I already have the 6* version so I won't be taking up the 5* (Sabretooth, symb Supreme, proxima). I have two r4's wouldn't take that far these days (Elektra and ultron) but I ranked them up almost two years ago and they did get me through a lot of Content, so I still consider them worthy.

I am kind of in the same boat with you considering the progression level.(Had initial completion of 6.1 but exploring act 5 when I get free energy) . And a totally f2p, obviously not by choice.
    But I feel kind of blessed by rng.My only 5/65 is domino,have 6 r4 and sitting on champs like AA,OR,Void,Gulk,SS,magik,Hyperion to rank up.

😂😂😂 I have none of the Champs you listed as a 5star nor 6. F2P your fortunes are great! Had a guy like that in alliance. Maybe if I go F2P, might one of those. Lol