**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please, rename the UC difficulty

2»

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

I don't think the name "Uncollected" fits anymore. With Act 6 nodes in the last 3 months, it simply doesn't reflect the nodes and challenges you encounter. I am not complaining about difficulty, just about the name. However, I don't have any idea how to name it. We have Heroic and Master, so something like "Veteran" might be the way. Comment your ideas below if you have any.

What do you say Kabam, is this ever gonna happen ?

Why rock the boat? If its not broken.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Agentk said:

Agentk said:

My problem with it is that it’s not 6:1 nodes it’s 6:2 nodes it’s nodes from post cavalier
    I don’t get why they just don’t add another difficulty tbh

They will be. But like was said above, be careful what you ask for as the UC rewards will almost certainly get reduced
    UC rewards aren’t really worth it for me except for the 6* shards so I’d be all in favour of a cav difficultly
    I'd be willing to bet that you're in the minority though. As soon as cavalier difficulty is released there will be tons of threads with people complaining about the UC rewards getting reduced and other with players that pushed cav early complaining that the difficulty isnt worth the rewards and now UC rewards aren't good enough either

It's gonna be a lot of fun to see
  • Agentk said:

Agentk said:

My problem with it is that it’s not 6:1 nodes it’s 6:2 nodes it’s nodes from post cavalier

They will be. But like was said above, be careful what you ask for as the UC rewards will almost certainly get reduced
    UC rewards aren’t really worth it for me except for the 6* shards so I’d be all in favour of a cav difficultly
    I'd be willing to bet that you're in the minority though. As soon as cavalier difficulty is released there will be tons of threads with people complaining about the UC rewards getting reduced and other with players that pushed cav early complaining that the difficulty isnt worth the rewards and now UC rewards aren't good enough either

It's gonna be a lot of fun to see
    Yup
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

IcsGrec said:

I see a lot of people bringing up the act 6 nodes that appeared in UC over the past few months, and complaining about the increasing difficulty (I`m not reffering to the OP)
    Still, there's one thing that nobody brings up. When UC first appeared, we had 4/55 champs to deal with it.
    Yes, new nodes have appeared and maybe the difficulty has increased a bit, but in the meantime people got 6* champs and also 5/65 champs, which make the progress A LOT easier..

Yes, the difficulty might have increased. Yes, the rewards are the same, but the "weapons" we have for dealing with the event are much, much more powerful.

They should add a new difficulty with better rewards rather then up UC difficulty. Unfair for new players.
    New players can't access uc eq lol.

And uc eq didn't get more difficult imo. It fluctuates, this month for example it was ridiculously easy.
    Whatever.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    As it was pointed out the only reason why cavalier difficulty has not been around already is because Kabam developers is focusing on something else which is more urgent. It doesn't mean that cavalier difficulty isn't needed.

I think cavalier difficulty will fill a hole in the game right now which will give us more tier 5 class catalyst and also resource to rank 4 6*.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    IcsGrec said:

I see a lot of people bringing up the act 6 nodes that appeared in UC over the past few months, and complaining about the increasing difficulty (I`m not reffering to the OP)
    Still, there's one thing that nobody brings up. When UC first appeared, we had 4/55 champs to deal with it.
    Yes, new nodes have appeared and maybe the difficulty has increased a bit, but in the meantime people got 6* champs and also 5/65 champs, which make the progress A LOT easier..

Yes, the difficulty might have increased. Yes, the rewards are the same, but the "weapons" we have for dealing with the event are much, much more powerful.

By that logic the game should never increase in rewards. The game is harder but you can rank up champs more and to higher levels so same effort and difficulty. Makes no sense.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Again, the difficulty has not changed. My point is, that being Uncollected is not a thing now and while newer nodes are being used in the quest, it could use a new name, as the old one is 2 years old.

Wrong.
  • DNA3000 said:

One thing I do agree about here. Uncollected should not have cavalier nodes. They should stick to all the uncollected nodes: power shield, role reversal, buffet, masochism.

I think this completely misses the point of Uncollected difficulty. If Uncollected difficulty was only supposed to be as hard, and no harder than Act 5.1 and 5.2, then becoming Uncollected wouldn't be the prerequisite for doing Uncollected EQ. Uncollected EQ exists after becoming Uncollected, and its difficulty should be and is intended to be at least as hard or harder than 5.1 and 5.2.

Because Uncollected EQ basically sits between Uncollected status and Cavalier status, its difficulty should be somewhere between the two. And that means tools within 5.3, 5.4, and 6.1 are all fair game to implement that level of difficulty.

Regardless of when the devs decide to add a Cavalier difficulty, the difficulty of UC EQ is likely to be, and honestly should be, above Act 5.1 - 5.2. If it is the same or lower, it is nonsensical to make UC be a prerequisite to run it.

And that's why it is called Uncollected difficulty. It isn't promising that it is just as easy as becoming Uncollected. It is saying this is what is next for uncollected players.

Players should expect Cavalier EQ difficulty to be much harder than becoming Cavalier, not easier. Becoming Cavalier will only be the prerequisite for even attempting it, not a promise that it will be no harder than becoming Cavalier. And while UC might get easier after Cavalier is introduced, don't expect UC EQ to become easier than becoming Uncollected, because that's simply unlikely to happen.
    This^
  • GOTG said:

IcsGrec said:

They should add a new difficulty with better rewards rather then up UC difficulty. Unfair for new players.
    New players can't access uc eq lol.

And uc eq didn't get more difficult imo. It fluctuates, this month for example it was ridiculously easy.
    He means newer uc players with 5/50 4*s and r3 5*s. Not everyone has stacked rosters of 5/65s and r2 6*s to cheese everything
    Maybe, just MAYBE, Newer uncollected players aren't supposed to cheese everything, I literally couldn't do exploration in UC difficulty when I first got the title, but I kept grinding and now I can because I developed my roster over time
  • Agentk said:

The node it self doesn't define difficulty, it's a combination of things, for example 6.1 and 6.2 are pretty hard because they have massive health pools and several other nodes
  • Donnymeij said:

IcsGrec said:

I have read this statement before. Sure YOU have a better roster. But most likely the people that get uncollected now have a very similar roster to you when you obtained it. With this logic Easy, Normal, Heroic and Master should also be a lot more difficult because you have a far better roster than you did when you first played them. The difficulty of a level should be pretty much static. Somewhere a long the lines of: ( < stands for slightly less difficult in this case)
    act 1 < easy
    act 2 < normal
    act 3 < heroic
    act 4 < master
    5.2 < Uncollected

Even if you where to put in act 5 < Uncollected it still would not stand.

The last 2 bosses of this UC event quest do not really have anything to do with a better roster. The Nodes have a much higher skill level than the nodes you have in act 5.
    If your skill level isn't there yet, then it's not for you and you need to keep developing your skills
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    For perspective, my 13yr old got uncollected 2 weeks ago, has one 5r4 and 2 4r5.

I just watched him complete UC EQ.

Sometimes we are the dog and sometimes the tree when it comes to EQ.
  • Ang3lOfD3athAng3lOfD3ath Posts: 78
    They aren’t all act 6 nodes.. some came from map 7 lol if you’re freshly UC it’s a stretch to think you’ll be able to immediately explore the EQ.. there’s a difference between getting the clear and getting the exploration. Same process as getting Uncollected vs getting Elders Bane