Trail of Reed Richard's compensation

MoeDur23MoeDur23 Member Posts: 46
edited December 2019 in General Discussion

How is it everyone recieved the same compensation package for those who have already 100% it and those who haven't?

Makes no sense!!!

I hope Kabam takes a better look at what's fair compensation? And give it more thought...

Maybe I am missing something here however?

Comments

• awesomesauceawesomesauce Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    I was wondering the same thing. I had 100% all 4 difficulties week 1.
    Then this comes in? I went back into a quest to see if potions were on the lanes and I didn't see any.

So I have no idea if they are supposed to be there now or what the scoop is.
  • MoeDur23MoeDur23 Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2019
    Exactly my point @awesomesauce...👍
    edited December 2019
    So basically now...

Anyone who hasn't 100% it, will get what was missing in paths and compensation for those who did 100%, but didnt get, which means if you haven't fully explored it yet, you will get double?

But those who did 100% it already, will only get only what was missing from get go?

Lol wtf?

Maybe I am missing something here though? Idk?
    edited December 2019
    Yes it is a big deal...

Kabam now rewards everything in terms of game progression. Why not this situation?

It wasn't a well thought out compensation package and not fair for those who already 100% it...
    edited December 2019
    Anyone who disagrees, hasn't fully explored it lol

And that's why they disagree 👍
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Member Posts: 536 ★★
    edited December 2019
    It was actually fixed pretty shortly after it was reported...if you still haven’t seen any potions before today, you either weren’t looking for them or bad RNG. I say that as someone who has fully explored it.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    Kenny292 said:

It was actually fixed pretty shortly after it was reported...if you still haven’t seen any potions before today, you either weren’t looking for them or bad RNG. I say that as someone who has fully explored it.

To echo this, it was theorized as a bug the very same day the new quests came widely acknowledged by community the next day, and finally confirmed AND fixed by Kabam the day after (so EQ came out on the 4th, fixed on the 6th).

Anyone who plowed ahead within the 1st day knowing that they weren’t getting any Potions (and you said you 100% during first WEEK, you didn’t say if you did it 100% within first 2 days which is when it was actually bugged ??), was evidently OK with doing them without finding Potions.
    edited December 2019
    I did say multiple times...

Maybe I am missing something...

I can agree however, and likewise disagree with counter arguements...as not everyone who plowed through the first day knew there was a bug...

I however, finished today so I guess I was unaffected if it was cleared up prior, so in my case the agrument is moot...

But not for others who did ploy through before the fix...
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Member Posts: 481 ★★
    MoeDur23 said:

Yes it is a big deal...

Kabam now rewards everything in terms of game progression. Why not this situation?

It wasn't a well thought out compensation package and not fair for those who already 100% it...

Maybe because it would be much more complicated to take all those factors in regard. It's easier said than done to give out a compensation reward based on what lanes people have taken in completing the quest.

They might not have fully explored it, but taken the paths where the missing items were supposed to be, some might have missed 1 of the items, some a few, and some all. To account for all that, for the many many thousand players (millions even?) would not be worth the effort for such minor rewards.

I'd say it's definitely acceptable to just give out the compensation to all who might have been affected, that had completed at least one path before it was fixed.

If you find that unfair, then fine. But life isn't fair, neither is this game.
    edited December 2019
    Not a complaint...

More of an inquiry...

When you spend money for a product, i.e. content, it would be unintelligible to not inquire about the prospect of unfair treatment and or compensation for a broken product...
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    LOL you guys are so full of entitlement it’s sad.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    Another one of these whiny posts?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    MoeDur23 said:

How is it everyone recieved the same compensation package for those who have already 100% it and those who haven't?

Makes no sense!!!

I hope Kabam takes a better look at what's fair compensation? And give it more thought...

Maybe I am missing something here however?

They were level 5 pots and a 40% revive. Neither of which you can earn along quests. You can only get level 2 pots and the possible level 1 revive. You also can't get full energy refills in monthly eqs on paths. What they sent is way more valuable than what would have been earned overall.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    MoeDur23 said:

Not a complaint...

More of an inquiry...

When you spend money for a product, i.e. content, it would be unintelligible to not inquire about the prospect of unfair treatment and or compensation for a broken product...

Also when you are a consumer, you should try and make a intelligent argument instead of what you posted.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Received it this morning, fully explored uncollected in the 1st 3 days, I was thinking “there was an issue? What kind of issue could there be that they would sent out these items as compensation.” Mind you I didn’t have any coffee yet when those thoughts occurred.
    Now I’m reading this topic and sort of get why they would sent out that message, tbh I would have been fine if they had sent nothing. I never look for items while doing monthly event quest and I barely take notice when I pick up a lv1 health potion, so these are just extra items which will come in handy exploring permanent content (act 6 for instance).
    But to make such a fuss about it?! 🤦‍♂️
    edited December 2019
    Why make such a fuss?

I heard both sides of the argument here and I can not disagree with any side of it. Most of the responses have however been negative and that's cool. My intelligence has been insulted and ok 😁👍 for those that did...another whiney post some say, ok 👍...someone even said, if you are going to make an consumer agrument, atleast make an intelligent one 😏

So much vitriolic responses to this topic, and most come from people who have been simply conditioned by lackluster progression content over the years, even programmed, and guilty of all they accuse me of, in thier inability to understand why this is not just a whiny, insignificant post, because many who posted a negative comment doesnt think themselves about the current state of revives, health pots, and cost?
    And what should we be thinking about?

Let's think shall we?

When was the last time health and revive potions have been upgraded? To match the health stats or health pools of now 6*'s?

Soon to be 7*'s?
    If I am correct, only minuscule improvements was made on health potions and revives when 5*'s came out.

Nodes, content, champs, etc., keeps progressing, becoming harder and harder...

Yet, no one ever thinks, why haven't health pots, revives, even boost, been significantly improved to match the progression of the game? Stop whining some responders in this topic says! You were given free stuff.

No I wasn't I say,

I say, I am still owed, becuase I am intelligent enough to understand, the simple fact that health pots, revives (% wise), cost of such things, doesn't match the current state of the game...

Goodness said:

Please post an intelligent counter agrument if possible 🙂👍...

I am open to all opinions...takes no effort or critical thinking to just be negative...
    For the truly intelligent gamer here...

This topic is not actually about "The Trail of Reed Richard's Quest bug Compensation"

It's about "The Trail of Kabam's Ineffectiveness to Match Pots with current state of the game Content" over the years, based upon difficulty level, health pools of now 6* r2's, with 6* r3's soon to be even more prevalent, and even 7*'s coming eventually...

Yet, we are still playing the game with revives, boost, health pots, meant for 3*'s, 4*'s, and 5*'s no higher than rank 3?

Yet this is a whiney post becuase some don't understand, many who 100% it wasn't actually given anything free...