**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Variant is close to making me quit

1235»

Comments

• Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I explored Variant 4 yesterday, the easiest of the Variants, with this team:

I still ended up spending an Odin to get through Deadpool.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★

I am not a rush-rush player (I'd rather explore each act before starting the next one) but Kabam forced my hand by backstabbing Conquorors with crappy rewards. I've already missed over 7.5k 5* shards and I want to become uncollected before the end of the year.

That said, I don't even dream of doing Variant. That's cavalier content, not for Regular Joe's. No need to panic @Liss_Bliss_ , it is perfectly normal to fail. Be patient, advance in the game. I would focus on TrtLoL or LoL.

Me too. Patience, and enjoy the game is my motto.

Good luck with Uncollected @Colonaut123. If you've got the hang of making Bane working for you, then you've only got the Collector to worry about. Although Unblockable Spider-Gwen is a lot tougher since her buff.
  • Options
    rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    I won't say much.. But it's just a game.. Take it as a game... It's not something you earn out of it and if you don't clear those quest you will have to answer someone why hadn't that done... I have been playing since last 3 Years.. Completed chapter 5(just completed not explored) when I got my first r5 and in no hurry for variant or chapter 6.. Thats how I go.. Play if I get time or just skip it
  • Options
    Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36
    edited December 2019
    Just check youtube and try to repeat same fights then you will see. When i did act 5 i check seatins videos 10 times to see how to fight stun immune staff etc. Because for example and dont ment bad that hyperion is very easy with magic or SW. So think why you dying. Is it due to stun immunity ? Is it due to sp3 which means you have issues baiting specials etc.. this will help you. Really except 6.2.6 champion there is no roadblock in this game and i have done everything in game
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Practice, practice and practice. I completed act 5 and V2 with my 4* domino (+sinrgs), in v2 1.1 take hyperion's path, easier than mordo's one. V3 was done with my 5* domino (with rulk she cheeses Kang). You've enough champions to end half content. a 5* Domino is also V4's elektro counter, same with DPX spaming heavies
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    OMG people. Please stop posting in this. Myself along with a few others keep getting notifications whenever posts are made. Since this I’ve completed act5. I’ve since made huge dents in Variant 2.

@Kabam Miike sorry for the tag, but since this thread was bright back to life after 4+ months can you please lock it so people aren’t getting notification spam.
  • Options
    Jaina97Jaina97 Posts: 59

I have acknowledged the fact, I won’t ever even get one quest done in any variant that has been or will ever be released. Either I don’t have the champs or the skill, or enough money/units for potions.

Variant 1 - my mutants/skills suck especially against some of those nodes. Furthest I got Emma down was to about 50ish% of her health and that was with my r1 5*Gambit.

Variant 2 - don’t have any good XL champs so I used my 5*Domino, but can’t get past Mordo, even with my Rulk.

Variant 3 - can’t even get past SH and the 1 time I DID DD took out the rest of my team. Tried the wasp side, and that was even more of a fail.

So I have begrudgingly started to feel like there is nothing for me to do outside of AQ/AW, Heroic/Master/UC EQ’s. Even stuck on 5.2.4 because I can’t even defeat Hype if and when I’ve gotten to him.

I’m close to quitting because I can’t progress without better champs. But I can’t get better champs without progressing. And I know my next 6* at the end of the season will be DPX/HB/Juggernaut/Magneto/Jane Foster so why even bother at this point. The few champs like Cull/Corvus/CAIW/MM-Movie that would transform the game landscape for me I’ll never pull because I’m just not that lucky.

Glad others are able to complete the content, but when Kabam says “this content isn’t for everyone” they really mean it. I don’t even have fun playing anymore simply because it’s the same thing every day. War, AQ, arena and EQ. I know if I go into 5.3 or variant again I’m just gonna scream and pull my hair out. I’ve hit this roadblock with my skill/champs that I just can’t get past. And I’m not sure I ever will.

How do people keep going when they’ve hit a roadblock they can’t ever get around?

Not throwing shade but variant is a big step up from where you are right now. What I did on my baby account is act 5 completion>5.1 exploration (needed gem for AA) >5.4 exploration> variant 3 completion>act 4 exploration (3 paths left, need gem for ghost) > v4 exploration with brand new awakened ghost. Now obviously this may not exactly be the path you take but it's a good way to get important rewards quickly so that getting the rest of the important but difficult rewards is easier. At any rate, have a plan and then move forward. I have wasted countless energy just banging my head against an opponent I wasn't ready for when instead I should've moved to something else and came back when I was more prepared. Good luck!
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I am not a rush-rush player (I'd rather explore each act before starting the next one) but Kabam forced my hand by backstabbing Conquorors with crappy rewards. I've already missed over 7.5k 5* shards and I want to become uncollected before the end of the year.

That said, I don't even dream of doing Variant. That's cavalier content, not for Regular Joe's. No need to panic @Liss_Bliss_ , it is perfectly normal to fail. Be patient, advance in the game. I would focus on TrtLoL or LoL.

Me too. Patience, and enjoy the game is my motto.

Good luck with Uncollected @Colonaut123. If you've got the hang of making Bane working for you, then you've only got the Collector to worry about. Although Unblockable Spider-Gwen is a lot tougher since her buff.
    First things first, let's see if I can pass Masochism. I just ranked-up 5* CB to rank 3 for it.

I've rank 3 5* Venom and rank 5 Iceman, I am not too worried.