**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Your Thoughts on Gifting

Comments

• DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★

rdxevil said:

I think this should be implemented for all the events.. For most of the event there is always few guys who just make the min possible contribution and take all the rewards..

See I have an issue with this. Let’s take a look at quest completion and arena wins. Now I LOVE grinding arenas. But hate questing.

Now on the flip side I have alliance members who HATE arena, but love questing.....IDK why lol.

If I and my alliance are ok with simple doing minimal participation in one event, but blow it out of the water in another why should that person be penalized when an event they hate comes along?

Now, I can see why they gate rewards in gifting events, but that should really be left up to the alliance if they want to enact that gate.

And honestly I think this event should be renamed Trading Event. Because that’s what it really comes down to. I’ll give you this, if you give me the same. To me gifting shouldn’t be about the return.
    Kabam mindset now is just to fake around with the hype for this game, and making sure people spend tons and tons of money. This is indeed not gifting but rather a trading event, were no matter how good willing you have been to gift your members or friends as per your capacity, you will still be left out to reach greater milestone.

Probably company should hire a better gaming content writers
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★

They got rid of the gifting badge due to rampant credit card fraud which I can assure you is happening right now

I thought that they took care of the credit card fraud after they got rid of gifting badge's.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/145848/policy-change-for-refunds#latest
  • 98320575739832057573 Posts: 155
    It milestone for per player should be lowered , since we are using units for gifting.
  • 98320575739832057573 Posts: 155
    First kabam should remember that majority of the students are playing this games and it's not possible for them to spend money to buy units. Amount of money for buying Odin's treasure valt too high and in that price a new 4gb phone can come.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    Just think of the gifting event in a different way if you are so concerned you can't get the rewards without spending money.

Picture the gifting event is an offer, not content. They have put out a stack of rewards, and they tiered it: Spend 1000 units get X, Spend 3000 units get Y, Spend another 3000 units, get Z. Spend your life savings : Get a 50% T5CC selector.

You now have the choice to buy the offer, or not buy the offer. If you don't have the units, you need to decide whether to buy units - as with any offer. Or you can go grind the units (Getting enough for final milestone in the 14 day event would be next to impossible, but 3000 units is achievable if you absolutely grind your face off in arena).

There are people who I am sure did not have 15,000 units to buy the offers on Cyber weekend. Do you go "Damn it Kabam, I can't possibly farm 15,000 units in 3 days - you want me to spend money!". Of course they WANT you to spend money, but also these things happen pretty cyclically so if you plan for these times you can avoid spending.

Just remember the golden rule to having units: Don't give in to the Cavalier crystals...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

Now how do it get 555 units minimum within 12-13 days ???

I can't say how you (or any other specific player) could do it, but a) this is possible through arena grinding with strong roster and moderate effort and b) sometimes you can't do things at the last minute and expect to do them fully.
    I HV been playing arenas day in day out... All arenas offers 6-10-15-20 units after reaching big milestones. So it's impossible to reach mega milestones in gifting without spending money, and kabam is slowly now just wanting everyone to spend money..
    You're not understanding what he's saying, he is meaning units from milestones and battle chips. That's where many arena grinders get units from.

No one ever said that the gifting event is meant to be f2p. But don't expect to get what people who are willing to spend to what you are willing to do. Kabam does need the revenue to keep the game going.
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82

I wish they'd add this to all alliance rewards. It really sucks being the guy who's top 5 in everything and getting the same rewards as the guys who are always bottom 5 in everything.

I could not agree more with this
  • Bat7Bat7 Posts: 16
    Best moments for me.. I enjoyed this gifting season :smile:
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Gifting is interesting as I understand it created a black market that Kabam didn't intend however the top of the top getting otherwise unattainable resources (t5cc) is a bit much.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Sadly this event will only increase the gap between players and not based on skill, but simply their disposable income.
  • Plenty of other threads regarding Gifting Event in general, or the need or not to spend real money.

Point of OP with this thread is discussing the “Rules/Requrements/Milestone” breakdown for the Ally Gifting Event. And how the individual requirement of each Milestone is much higher than it should be to qualify individually for the milestones even though the alliance has hit certain milestones already. (even though it appears to be a little better than past years)

Aka, individual milestone requirement of basically 1/30th of what the Ally point requirements are leaves no room for a natural spread/deviation of teammates spending level. So people on the lower side (even though they have contributed a LOT of points) will get left out of the highest milestones that the alliance as a whole has “unlocked”.
  • DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

I can't say how you (or any other specific player) could do it, but a) this is possible through arena grinding with strong roster and moderate effort and b) sometimes you can't do things at the last minute and expect to do them fully.
    I HV been playing arenas day in day out... All arenas offers 6-10-15-20 units after reaching big milestones. So it's impossible to reach mega milestones in gifting without spending money, and kabam is slowly now just wanting everyone to spend money..
    Summoner trials offers these unit milestones: 5 (2500), 5 (5000), 6 (30k), 7 (60k), 7 (90k), 7 (120k), 7 (150k), 7 (180k), 7 (210k), 7 (250k)

3* arena: 5 (7500), 5 (15k), 6 (80k), 7 (160k), 7 (240k), 7 (320k), 7 (400k), 7 (480k), 7 (560k), 7 (640k)

4* basic: 5 (17k), 10 (35k), 15 (150k), 15 (300k), 15 (450k), 15 (600k), 15 (800k), 15 (1M), 15 (1.25M), 15 (1.5M)

4* featured: 5 (75k), 10 (350k), 15 (650k), 15 (1M), 15 (1.5M), 15 (2M), 15 (2.5M), 15 (3M), 15 (3.5M), 15 (4M)

5* featured: 5 (250k), 10 (1M), 15 (2M), 15 (3M), 15 (4.5M), 15 (6M), 15 (7.5M), 15 (9M), 15 (10.5M), 15 (12M)

Just counting milestone rewards, there is a total of 65 units in the 3* and 135 units in the 4* basic, 4* featured, and 5* featured arenas. In total, 470 units twice a week, or 940 units per week. Of course, few people can or want to grind out all those arenas, but just grinding out ONLY the 3* or 4* basic arena gives 270 units per week, or 540 units in two weeks. That makes 555 units very reachable in 12 days.

I think people tend to greatly underestimate the amount of units in those milestones because they just see small numbers, 5 or 10 at a time. But in fact just grinding out the 4* basic arena, which only requires putting up 1.5 million points in three days (I think that's roughly an hour or so a day for a typical roster) gets you over a thousand units a month. If you can manage to do just the 3* arena and the 4* basic arena to the max milestone, that's about 2000 units a month for maybe two hours a day of grinding. Not everyone can do that of course, but one hour a day is not asking a lot for a thousand units a month.
  • DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

You're not understanding what he's saying, he is meaning units from milestones and battle chips. That's where many arena grinders get units from.
    If you count battlechips it is even more units, but I consider those to be gravy. Given how much I grind, its a lot of gravy, but I think the units from milestones which are predictable and guaranteed are a much better way to explain just how much stuff is in the arenas even for relatively low level grinders.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

Funny how I have 2 guys in my alliance who have over 10k units saved up just from arena. They never spend on the game and instead hit arena and open arena crystals as needed
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

They got rid of the gifting badge due to rampant credit card fraud which I can assure you is happening right now

And unfortunately Kabam seems to care more about the money coming in, instead of the frauds that are occurring. To say “we’ve tried everything we could” is simply a PR issue. They could’ve simply created a new event altogether but were more concerned about the money they wouldn’t get. This sucks.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 534 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

If you count battlechips it is even more units, but I consider those to be gravy. Given how much I grind, its a lot of gravy, but I think the units from milestones which are predictable and guaranteed are a much better way to explain just how much stuff is in the arenas even for relatively low level grinders.
    You also get the 25 units from the daily events. If you're arena grinding you should at least be able to hit that one.

I used up all my units on Black Friday, but I did arena grind since then and had 3000 to use for gifting this week. I will say that I do pay the $5 a month for the unit card though. And the battlechips definitely helped boost that number.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

Do you really consider hitting all the milestones in every arena to be low level grinding? I'd call it heavy grind actually
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★

Plenty of other threads regarding Gifting Event in general, or the need or not to spend real money.

Point of OP with this thread is discussing the “Rules/Requrements/Milestone” breakdown for the Ally Gifting Event. And how the individual requirement of each Milestone is much higher than it should be to qualify individually for the milestones even though the alliance has hit certain milestones already. (even though it appears to be a little better than past years)

Aka, individual milestone requirement of basically 1/30th of what the Ally point requirements are leaves no room for a natural spread/deviation of teammates spending level. So people on the lower side (even though they have contributed a LOT of points) will get left out of the highest milestones that the alliance as a whole has “unlocked”.

Exactly my point.. it's ridiculously stupid milestone rule they have put forward. It's almost impossible for 60-70% alliance members to reach highest individual milestone that it's alliance team members have earned
  • Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

Do you really consider hitting all the milestones in every arena to be low level grinding? I'd call it heavy grind actually
    I wouldn't consider that to be low level grinding, nor do I have any idea what gave you that impression. I actually wrote out a complete list of all the milestones and described ways to get relatively good amounts of units from relatively small amounts of grind by targeting just one or two of the arenas.
  • French2 said:

DNA3000 said:

French2 said:

I spend $60 to get enough gifts sent to earn 2 of 5* crystals in pudding the shards I had. Now… previously I’ve opened 12 crystals at 5* and all pure garbage champions. So today I spend, get enough shards for 2 more 5* crystals and I just know after 12 complete duds I’m going to finally get a great champion only to find out the best I would get today was Rhino… THIS IS A JOKE! Done with this man!!! Completely done!!! COMPLETELY!

Your name sounds vaguely familiar. Ah yes:
    French2 said:

I am 100% done with this game! I spent $40 a week. I spent the last three days grinding got robbed of 40,000 points in the arenas to finish with 500 4 star shards and 200 5 star shards and no Captain Marvel. Lost a player here forever!

Welcome back, again, and see you next time, again.
    😂😂😂 I’m heartbroken dude! You know just how to hurt a man. You’re the meanest of all meanies! 😂 “I’m gonna quote him, stalk him, quote him again!” 😂 Love you man!💋

Does this actually work? I'm old in internet years, but this would have gotten you laughed off the internet back when it was more about reading text then fishing for upvotes. I blame social media.
    DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

Agreed.
    Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

Considering that the point levels for those milestones are relatively low compared to what it takes to get the arena champs, yeah its low level grinding.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Unfortunately they need to have those minimum requirements so that people can't just inflate their alliances score with contributions by dummy accounts. Yes, I think the requirements should be a little lower but they do have to exist and be significantly greater than 0 or else it will be too easy for people to basically game the system.
  • Drake2078 said:

I thought that they took care of the credit card fraud after they got rid of gifting badge's.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/145848/policy-change-for-refunds#latest
    That “Refund Policy Change” wasn’t entirely just to resolve the credit card fraud issue. It was also to prevent cases where people would buy a unit pack with real money (Apple or google purchase in game), then buy some featured hero crystals, open them, and then when they didn’t get the champ they were hoping for they would just demand a refund from Apple/Google for their real-money purchase. And Kabam would then lose out on that refunded money you had spent to buy the unit pack.

Although I’m sure that Refunds were also happening in the Fraud cases (the actual theft victim would obviously have their credit card company reverse the charge), but the thief used to get away with keeping everything in their game account without any consequence before.
    But other people were abusing their own purchase/refunds too.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    DJMNH said:

Guys do you think that Kabam should have kept the same rules for Gifting Item rewards in Alliance Member Category.. As in regardless of the contribution you have in your in your alliance as of yet, but certain members can't receive those rewards unless they cross certain milestone.. Generally in alliance we get rewards even if we have contributed a bit less.

The game is designed to reward you for spending money. That’s how it works. Kabam is not interested in making FTP players happy, they’re interested in making money.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I wish they'd add this to all alliance rewards. It really sucks being the guy who's top 5 in everything and getting the same rewards as the guys who are always bottom 5 in everything.

Wait....do you not realize how no matter what there will be people in the top 5 and bottom 5 right? I could hit 120k in completion and still be bottom 5 depending on what others are doing. Likewise I could do 30k and be top 5 depending on what people don’t do. If people put up an alliance created minimum what’s the point to flex top 5?