**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No More Tiers, Just play the game

Hey community. I just wanted to comment, especially for new players, to just enjoy the game for what it is. There is no "god" tier or whatever else tier. When you pull a champ from a crystal, instead of worrying what tier they are in, just enjoy learning the ins and outs of that character. Of course there are a lot of champs that are more useful than others but honestly just play and rank up who you enjoy using. The tier list is one person's opinion and yet some people think that list is what drives this game like the overall rule to great champs vs bad champs. For example, I love playing Psylocke, is she the best, no. In fact a lot of champs do what she does much better. I just love her play style and the way she flows. I enjoy this game and one of the major reasons i do is because i don't subscribe to on what "tier" a certain champ falls. Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy playing this awesome game.

Comments

• ChewybuccaChewybucca Posts: 95
    Well I’m up to 6,2,6 and to finish it ( cause I’m not a evade god player) I’m pretty sure I Need captain america infinity war.
    By all tips I can fined. ( last 10% )
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Foxhero! Is that you? Anyhow the teirs are how most people categorize the usefulness of a champ and really helps decide which you should use your limited resources on to beat certain content. That's just my opinion though Merry Christmas.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    The opposition to the concept of tiers tends to come from those who have ranked from the lesser tiers. I’m not claiming causation though.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I rank based on what I want to do next in the game. Mostly seems to follow the tier lists because the lists are fundamentally a ranking of the most useful champs in the game.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Fun. It's a game. The point is to have fun.

If you wanna be competitive or spend millions of dollars to have said fun then no problem, that's how you have fun. People hate being told what to do yet have no issues telling others the same thing.

You can do both, rank "god" tier champs up and champs that are fun. I stopped playing for a year but came back 2 months ago because I wasn't having any fun back then. I'm back now and I refuses to rank up champs I personally like. No more "prestige" race because it's not fun for me. So far in that time I came back I R4'd X-23, Colossus, Domino and R5'd Morningstar and Hyperion is next. Yes those are good and great champs but it's who I enjoy playing. I even have OG Cap (not IW) at R4 which I did last year and boy that was a fun choice and I don't regret it also, perfect parries and soaking up block is fun.

I got a 6 star Mordo last week and I was over the mood because I wanted one for a while. He's a great champ to me and he won't be sitting on defense only. I might even R2 him, no one can tell me otherwise. If my alliance has an issue with it (they don't) then to bad, they don't play the game for me but they do make the game more fun.

That's super. @Saiyan (hee hee)
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Dueces said:

Didn't someone give the finger to tiers and r5ed a Groot?

I think I saw it on Reddit.

That's pretty cool
    Saiyan said:

Fun. It's a game. The point is to have fun.

If you wanna be competitive or spend millions of dollars to have said fun then no problem, that's how you have fun. People hate being told what to do yet have no issues telling others the same thing.

You can do both, rank "god" tier champs up and champs that are fun. I stopped playing for a year but came back 2 months ago because I wasn't having any fun back then. I'm back now and I refuses to rank up champs I personally like. No more "prestige" race because it's not fun for me. So far in that time I came back I R4'd X-23, Colossus, Domino and R5'd Morningstar and Hyperion is next. Yes those are good and great champs but it's who I enjoy playing. I even have OG Cap (not IW) at R4 which I did last year and boy that was a fun choice and I don't regret it also, perfect parries and soaking up block is fun.

I got a 6 star Mordo last week and I was over the mood because I wanted one for a while. He's a great champ to me and he won't be sitting on defense only. I might even R2 him, no one can tell me otherwise. If my alliance has an issue with it (they don't) then to bad, they don't play the game for me but they do make the game more fun.

well stated
    @DNA3000 I like the way you think
  • Dueces said:

That was less giving the finger to tier sheets, and more giving the finger to their alliance war competition (Groot has a very specific utility on higher AW maps on a very specific node: you either know how to beat him there, or you don't, and if you don't, you're just stuck).
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Are you playing purely for fun? Then sure. I have fun when i accomplish certain milestones and I wont be able to do that without investing in champs that are worth investment. The tier lists are very useful and even if I have some disagreements I think we can all say that the god tier champs are very good and the ones that are meme tiers arent very good if you dont want to specify. Also tier lists arent preferences which is what you are mixing it up with. It is a subjective list that attempts to be as objective as possible. For example some tier lists are made my players who have no idea to play quake but they still rate them the highest because shes one of the best if played right. No matter how well I play groot they cant compete with other champs as long as your skill remains constant and the only variable is the champ itself. I personally am glad I looked at tier lists cuz damn I wouldnt have completed even half the content if I ranked up champs I thought were cool when I was starting out.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★

Oh stop. There are a limited amount of resources to rank up champions, so you have to rate them and decide who is worth to take up, especially as you start moving through content and the lower *** champs become less relevant. When I first started playing I didn't think about who would be relevant in the long term and ended up blowing tons of (then limited) T4b on 4* champs that were worthless in the next stage of the game.

Great that you like Psylocke, I wouldn't waste resources on her because as you said there are champs that do what she does better. Ignoring that and ranking up any random champ would lead to more grinding content to get resources when I get a better champ. It's a waste of time, or money, or both.

I have over 100 T4CC crystals, 2000 t4cc fragments. 200s+ AQ map 6/7 crystals all there.

Hardly a limited amount of resources.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Dueces said:

That was less giving the finger to tier sheets, and more giving the finger to their alliance war competition (Groot has a very specific utility on higher AW maps on a very specific node: you either know how to beat him there, or you don't, and if you don't, you're just stuck).
    Which node? Only one I could think of is Aegis Heavy. Might be a pain if your champ has a short heavy reach.
  • RogerRabs said:

DNA3000 said:

Dueces said:

Which node? Only one I could think of is Aegis Heavy. Might be a pain if your champ has a short heavy reach.
    I believe it was Aegis Heavy + Intercept.
  • Elohim16Elohim16 Posts: 65
    I appreciate tier lists. If it weren't for them, I would have started playing this game thinking that Hulk was "the strongest there is" and Wolverine was "the best at what he does." And that just isn't so for this game.