**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dormammu cutoff predictions

I'd Dr Voodoo went for around 6 million and Red Hood for around 4.2 million I'd think 5 million would be likely. What are your predictions? And when will the 6 star announcement lead to a long term plunge in arena cutoffs for the four stars?

Comments

• Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    He is top defender. Wouldn't be surprised if cutoff was 6M+
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Bah, should have known that wouldn't work.

If I could see into the future I'd be counting my Powerball winnings tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    SquareSquare Posts: 19
    5.5 mil - 6 mil
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Red hood? Are you playing injustice?
  • Options
    BloodshedzBloodshedz Posts: 45
    These cutoff are insane. They need to give champions after hitting all milestones. I know everyone would get them but kabam could raise the milestones and force players to grind for them.
  • Options
    zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    What about under 60s prediction? Lol Anyone?
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Seen scores around 5.2 managed to get him. Next round we should see a big increase since there won't be a t4 basic arena
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited August 2017
    A guy in my ally got him for 5.035 mil.

I'd say go for 5.5 next round.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Cutoff numbers came in lower than expected so be mindful that you may not be able to do the same amount with the same result in round 2.

Partly due to t4b, but that has had less of an affect lately due to how much people's rosters have improved over time.

Good luck to all, be well.
  • Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    R4GE wrote: »
    Seen scores around 5.2 managed to get him. Next round we should see a big increase since there won't be a t4 basic arena

I don't see how T4B has such a impact on arena. The guys you are getting 6.5-8 mil can get the milestone in 30-40 fights. I think the ban from the exploit dropped scores and the 6* announcement mightve played into that as well. At the same time war will be down w/ 30 min AQ timers so I think the score should remain the same or at most 5.5.
  • Options
    It depends on how much time you're willing to spend but I would think 6.5 is overkill. I'd only go that high if I was netting solo rewards too.
  • Options
    zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    Under 60 days. Got 1.25m and never got him. Gutttteeedddd. Came 900th. They should make coming 11-25th at least 1000 4* shard. And lower as the bracket drops. Full hero/half hero shard/quarter hero shard/so forth. All that time wasted for quarter shard.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    5m this round. It's weekdays.
  • Options
    BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 145 ★★
    Save those arena area boosts and it makes grinding a lot easier.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I predicted 5-5.5. Sometimes I'm wrong. This one was in the same ballpark. He's in high demand, but not as much as Hyp or Voodoo. I suspect less people are Grinding for 4*'s, but not enough to affect it significantly.
  • Options
    Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    I'm in the intermediate bracket (Day 30 - Day 60) and I got him for 1.55 million Lol
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    R4GE wrote: »

I don't see how T4B has such a impact on arena.

It doesn't.

This time around #getinthepool helped out a lot. About 141,535 people qualified for rank rewards which means 14,153 people got the basic champ. The number of people has a huge effect on what the cutoff score ends up being partially because of course if more people get him the cutoff score will be lower, but also because of how people on average tend to put effort into scoring. There's actually a strong general consensus on how much a champion will score and people tend to aim for a number high enough to win him if they can. If they think they can't make it they tend to give up sooner. That causes scores to drop faster at a certain point. If people guess wrong and more people jump in the pool, the cutoff score can drop fast.

Here's Dormammu, round one:

5t21jbodhtv8.png

Notice the scores drop fast from the top and then level off. They drop slowly until about 6 million-ish, and then plummet. If only 10,000 people got Dormammu the cutoff would have been over 6 million. But at 14k you can see you're in the steep downslide of scoring. The difference between 10k and 11k is not huge, but between 12k and 13k it is much bigger, and between 13k and 14k bigger still.

That's why how many people rank up often has a huge impact on scoring.

That curve is a signal of psychology: how people are statistically guessing cutoffs and either pushing harder if they think they can get over the hump or coasting or giving up if they think they won't. Here's Gwenpool round one:

kdppntaufm98.png

Here's Hyperion round one:

am49p70wsn8u.png

You can see across the top 20,000 grinders or so how they are signalling their approximate guesswork within the scoring data.

One interesting piece of data I've seen: people collectively were in greater agreement about how Hyperion and Gwenpool would score than Dormammu. The first flat part of the curve was more slanted downward for Dormammu than the other two, suggesting less agreement among grinders in how much effort they thought they would need.