**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

what did dormammu go for?

???

Comments

• Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    About 5m I believe
  • Options
    That much for a 4 star who will be equal to a 3 star within kept several months?! Shocking, but guess peeps don't realize fully how useless 4 stars soon to become. I know I wouldn't waste 3 days grinding for a 3 star, but 4 stars a months away from being equal to current 3 star usefulness.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,209 ★★★★
    Yeah. I know 5.2 mil was enough to get him.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    That much for a 4 star who will be equal to a 3 star within kept several months?! Shocking, but guess peeps don't realize fully how useless 4 stars soon to become. I know I wouldn't waste 3 days grinding for a 3 star, but 4 stars a months away from being equal to current 3 star usefulness.

It will take years before people have 6*s and 5*s at a level that will make 4*s completely irrelevant. Dormammu is still an amazing defender for war.

But 6*s will be in the content next in the corner.
    Plus, 5*s will be more available as they are claimed, because people should be able to dupe them then get 6* shards.
    Then yep, 4* will be irrelevant, but if you focus on the the day someone will get them, then you're looking fallacies.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    It's not years away, it's a couple months... but 5.2mill or so is not that bad in terms of arena grinding.

Personally arena grinding is one of the least fun things for me to do in this game. I like to hit the red shard milestones, but after that I don't want to spend an entire weekend grinding and not even know if I have high enough score to get the champion.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    @TheOneAndOnly ,

I never actually argued for how quickly they will be replaced, and I used the term a "couple" just to refer to the fact that it's coming up in the next months (probably around February).

So, for the most part I actually agree with you. My only comment was that Dormammu didn't actually go for that high, but that I don't personally enjoy arena grinding.

If I have to add an opinion on 6 stars, it would only be that it makes it more difficult for medium to casual level players to stay competitive. The biggest alliances will probably get a 6 star very quickly. I remember literally the first day 5 stars came out someone already had a 5 star cyclops. It wasn't leveled up or anything, but they had one nonetheless. The change to 6 stars, whether good or bad, just changes the competitive landscape and how difficult it is to remain competitive. To that end a lot of people are vouching for holding on to resources and focusing their resources to 5 star rosters because they are likely to remain competitive for a longer period of time (like an investment).
  • Options
    TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    .....Anyone that says 4*s are irrelevant...is a idiot...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    It's not years away, it's a couple months... but 5.2mill or so is not that bad in terms of arena grinding.

Personally arena grinding is one of the least fun things for me to do in this game. I like to hit the red shard milestones, but after that I don't want to spend an entire weekend grinding and not even know if I have high enough score to get the champion.

Well, you can't spent an entire weekend grinding for the basic or featured champion because those events don't run on Sunday. Although I suppose that depends on where you are relative to the international date line.
  • Options
    PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105

Hmmm, interesting and direct statement why do you say that?

The fact is the second 6* appear in any content 4* will be performing as per 3* now because of CR.

YES players won't get a 6* squad that quickly but that only means you'll be fighting kabam 6* in content for a long time before you have a chance to address this. So imagine AQ WITH nodes suited to 6* and 6* on them for let's say a year before you have a few 6* to put up against them. Yep will be a fun challenge but I see a lot of people asking to nerf champs now without this step up, what are they going to be like once it happens?
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    edited August 2017
    cutoff was 5.027m

and it would make more sense to say 4* are then new 3* when you actually have a 6* in your account.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    PlasmaKing wrote: »

The fact is the second 6* appear in any content 4* will be performing as per 3* now because of CR.

That's not how CR works. But ignoring that fact entirely, the newer content we will be getting down the road is going to be harder, and it does matter in what way it gets harder. The primary difference between Kabam making future content harder by giving the enemies harder node buffs and Kabam making content harder by ranking up the enemies to higher level 6* tiers is that theoretically speaking, one day you could progress to equal the 6* champs because we get them too eventually. We're never getting the node buffs currently in Act 5.

If you think 6* champions are going to make 4* champions unusable, you have to believe future content was always going to make 4* champions unusable, just in a different way. It doesn't matter if the future content champions are given higher attack values intrinsically or because of a game mechanical effect. Higher is higher. CR tweaks numbers in certain ways, but every node buff in harder content is several orders of magnitude stronger than CR is.

To put it simply, Kabam can give node buffs to harder content or they can create a new stronger tier of champion. The biggest difference between those two options is that 6* champions are a weapon we eventually get to have. Node buffs are not.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017

YES players won't get a 6* squad that quickly but that only means you'll be fighting kabam 6* in content for a long time before you have a chance to address this. So imagine AQ WITH nodes suited to 6* and 6* on them for let's say a year before you have a few 6* to put up against them. Yep will be a fun challenge but I see a lot of people asking to nerf champs now without this step up, what are they going to be like once it happens?
    Exactly.
    I cannot understand why some people is missing the point, watching the tree (the missing champ in the roster) but blind to the forest (the new tier in the content and every thing pushing to the new climb).
    Invisible wrote: »
    it would make more sense to say 4* are then new 3* when you actually have a 6* in your account.
    You can to say 1* are the new 6* if you sell every 5*, 4*, 3*, 2* in your account. Just think it, you could be the first one with 6*s. Don't wait, do it now.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That's not how CR works. But ignoring that fact entirely, the newer content we will be getting down the road is going to be harder, and it does matter in what way it gets harder. The primary difference between Kabam making future content harder by giving the enemies harder node buffs and Kabam making content harder by ranking up the enemies to higher level 6* tiers is that theoretically speaking, one day you could progress to equal the 6* champs because we get them too eventually. We're never getting the node buffs currently in Act 5.

If you think 6* champions are going to make 4* champions unusable, you have to believe future content was always going to make 4* champions unusable, just in a different way. It doesn't matter if the future content champions are given higher attack values intrinsically or because of a game mechanical effect. Higher is higher. CR tweaks numbers in certain ways, but every node buff in harder content is several orders of magnitude stronger than CR is.

To put it simply, Kabam can give node buffs to harder content or they can create a new stronger tier of champion. The biggest difference between those two options is that 6* champions are a weapon we eventually get to have. Node buffs are not.

4*s won't be "unusable" but they are going to be *less* useful against the 6*s of future content than they are against the 5*s of current content. Add to it the fact that people will be getting access to the same 5*s they have as 4* champs, I'm pretty sure no one would prefer the 4*s over 5*s. You could argue that the dupes will make a lot of difference but getting dupes shouldn't be as much of a problem as now since 5*s are going to be made more available. Even when considering dupes, why should I invest in champs that will soon be equivalent to today's 3*s (I think we can all agree that 4*s will become obsolete pretty soon) when I ignore my current 3*s even when they are much easier to dupe?

Like I have said before, you either play smart and plan for the future (which I think was why they made the 6* announcement so early) or you keep focusing (wasting resources) on 4*s now and then desperately try to catch up with others in the future
  • Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★

I guess you don't realize what Tier 1 wars are like.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I still focus on 4* and not 5* because of where I am at in the game.
    A 3/5 5* is the equivalent of a 5/5 4* really. My issue is that I am no where NEAR duping any 5* and there are plenty of champs who really are only good duped.
    I have a 2/5 5* Magik (lucky pull) and a 4/5 4* Magik. I will definitely 5/5 my 4* and have her more useful duped than the 5* equivalent in my case. Once 5* becomes more viable for me at my point in the game I will go that route.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

It will take years before people have 6*s and 5*s at a level that will make 4*s completely irrelevant. Dormammu is still an amazing defender for war.

But 6*s will be in the content next in the corner.
    Plus, 5*s will be more available as they are claimed, because people should be able to dupe them then get 6* shards.
    Then yep, 4* will be irrelevant, but if you focus on the the day someone will get them, then you're looking fallacies.

So, just because 6*s are the future (years away) I should neglect the opportunity to go after a champ that would improve the defense I place in war? Should I also forego using all rank up items and ISO and if it expires because I do not have a duped 5* to rank up?
    The gloom and doom 6*s are the future has some truth to it, but no one should be neglecting getting good 4*s right now. A duped 5/50 4* Dormammu in a redesigned war format could easily be a difference maker and stop a non-spender from progressing in a war.

A 4* dorm isn't hard to beat at all, I usually walk through them. Dorm as boss has made lots of people learn how to fight him so I don't think his 4* on defense has made your defense better. To be honest I smile when I run into him.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    I actually grinded to dupe him. They said the second round would be 6.5 so I did 6.7 smh. Was easy though. I actually intend on using him for offense. He's amazing with his heavy and power lock/drain L2. Very underrated for offense. Will use him for map 6 day 2. Ultron is just too weak on caltrops.