**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side event quest epic diffuclty is abit too much

2»

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Can anyone do the math for me? I plan to explore master 100% and do master difficulty of the side quest everyday (I’ll maybe try epic) will I fall short without uncollected EQ or?
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Can anyone do the math for me? I plan to explore master 100% and do master difficulty of the side quest everyday (I’ll maybe try epic) will I fall short without uncollected EQ or?

DNA3000 mentioned in their analysis that you don't need to touch epic, doing Master alone can get you enough to reach 1 Million (the rest includes the Objectives, Calendar and Monthly EQ exploration).

But they did also mention that you'll have to do 100% Uncollected in order to fully rely on Master difficulty. Although, if you can't 100% Monthly EQ Uncollected (Like me, I can only 100% the first chapter). I think you'll have to do Epic, not completely, just as far as you can.

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited January 2020

I had a rage Havok on mine. Did not think to bring in a Havok counter, hard fight. The final boss for mine was The Champion and my only champ left by then was Corvus who he gains charges faster against, I had to revive twice, but overall I like the quest. Tomorrow I will bring in a more diverse team, but I greatly enjoy this quest.

Wasted revives
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Nabz034 said:

@Kabam Miike

Are we supposed to get zero prizes after completing the epic map?

Yes
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nabz034 said:

What kinda lame event is this....lol

The best side quest we’ve had in ages. That’s what kind. Great rewards and no grind. You don’t even have to finish the quest to claim the rewards you earned. Nothing like complaining about a benefit lol. Instead of people burning revives and healing to complete the quest they can quit and keep what they earned.
  • nadeem_inayatnadeem_inayat Posts: 35
    edited January 2020
    Can't really read that pretty long conversation. Just wanted to share a few things. 1,000,000 acorns can be collected as mentioned by @DNA3000. I calculated myself to 1,094,000 acorns by fully exploring Uncollected till Normal difficulty of Squirrel vs. Skrulls Quest (400,000), completing all special objectives (200,000), daily logins assuming 4 weeks (50,000), master difficulty of acornucopia event 37 times assuming 12,000 acorns per run (444,000).

Further, a fun fact if someone hasn't noticed yet, buying each and every item available in Squirrel store will cost exactly 1,000,000 acorns. I don't know if there is or will be any other option to spent these acorns but even by skipping normal difficulty of monthly event, we still will end up with 44,000 excessive acorns.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Pretty simple really. If you can't manage Epic, do Master instead.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 mentioned in their analysis that you don't need to touch epic, doing Master alone can get you enough to reach 1 Million (the rest includes the Objectives, Calendar and Monthly EQ exploration).

But they did also mention that you'll have to do 100% Uncollected in order to fully rely on Master difficulty. Although, if you can't 100% Monthly EQ Uncollected (Like me, I can only 100% the first chapter). I think you'll have to do Epic, not completely, just as far as you can.

Lame, can't do Epic nor 100% UC
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I can't even beat the boss because the 18k IMIW with oscillate is just too hard for an unprepared boss.
  • GrundalowGrundalow Posts: 15
    There seem to be a lot of people that do not realize that this side event is a way to get acorns, and there are lots of ways to get acorns this month. You don't need to get all the acorns. Do what you can, there is no need to clear this 100% on epic everyday.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Ganesh10a said:

This month is a win-win for all that level of players. People who enjoy difficult content can go for Epic and get acrons. People just became Uncollected can do master and get all the rewards. That's a good thing. I hope kabam does more of these kinda events in the following months as well.

I am Uncollected. Master is too difficult.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Tiger360 said:

First of all if you aren't Uncollected at all there's no way to reach a million because you have to *spend* one million, not just earn them. Some items in the store are locked to UC players only, and if you can't buy them you can't reach the one million milestone (buying everything adds up to one million acorns exactly).

But if you are UC and can spend them, but choose to not do UC at all, and don't do Epic at all, the best you can do is 200k for all objectives, 200k for full completion of Normal, Heroic, and Master, 449957 for 37 full runs of Master, 50k from the acorn calendar. That's 899957 acorns. You'd be short about 100k. Theoretically speaking there are 75k acorns in all the milestones for all the Squirrel Girl arena events, but that's also not enough.

Maybe there are other sources for acorns coming; it is possible because I can only account for 1.925 million now, which is a little less than the stated two million that are available. But at the moment I cannot see a way to get to one million if you skip UC and you can't do Epic. Close, but not quite there.
  • Chart of Acorns (provided by others) ...
    And FYI, doing Master (100%) instead of Epic Acornucopia side-Quests will give 449,957 (instead of potential 1,200,052 if 100% Epic). So still plenty of room to hit 1.0 mil.

• Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★

Ganesh10a said:

This month is a win-win for all that level of players. People who enjoy difficult content can go for Epic and get acrons. People just became Uncollected can do master and get all the rewards. That's a good thing. I hope kabam does more of these kinda events in the following months as well.

I am Uncollected. Master is too difficult.
    I’ve been uncollected since November and 100% eqs in uc for both November and December. I’ve been doing epic side quests too and I can do master side quest with pretty much one champ lol im scared to look at this month’s epic tho
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    RO53TT1 said:

Yeah it's pretty crazy not to mention, why are there 10 FIGHTS, IT'S A SIDE QUEST, the more they quest doesnt have 10 fights on any 1 path, this makes no sense. Some people don't have unlimited time to spend doing nothing but play this game, it used to be fun run a couple of paths on the monthly and do the side quest and maybe some arena each day, since u have to if u want gold, but lately it seems like u have the monthly quest, the LONGER MONTHLY SIDE QUEST, OH YEAH THAT'S HARDER, THROW IN SOME VARIANT, MORE ARENA, OH WAIT I JUST LOST MY JOB TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THIS, OH WELL SORRY KABAM CAN'T GIVE U ANYMORE MONEY TO PLAY UR BROKEN GAME AND BE TOLD I SHOULD THANK U GUYS FOR ALLOWING ME TO PLAY. Guess none of it with matter when u guys release marvels realm of champions and u stop doing anything with mcoc.

Why all the shouting? There's an easy solution if it takes too much time or is above your level of comfort, dont do it or do a less difficult level? Lol sure there's 10 fights, none of which cost any energy which is nice and if you cant complete all 10 then you at least get the acorns from the fights that you did complete.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I had a lot of fun in Epic. I got stopped by a stacked Annihilus today in the 8th fight, because I am not gonna use a ton of resources, but here is the thing:

Maybe I just need to get better at fighting stacked Annihilus nodes.

At various points, this game lets you know what you need to work on and what your roster can handle.

It sucks to come up short. But I say this a lot: Not everyone is gonna complete every piece of content. There's gonna be times when the content is gonna let you know where you are, how much you understand the game, what you need to work on