**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why am I not getting any decent 6 stars out of 10 pulls ?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

@LibertyPrimeV1 i can send you sc of last 2 wars mvp tier 4 war for now . Last season we ended tier 2 and i have mostly been mvp . I do all these only by void rank 5 and km rank 4 synergy third champ i use random for minis or spectating my path .. can you ever see me using nc and havok in war or aq map 6 ? I just need one solid rank 2 able 6 star to fill a big gap in my roaster

MVP is a useless metric and isn't anything to brag about.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

@LibertyPrimeV1 i can send you sc of last 2 wars mvp tier 4 war for now . Last season we ended tier 2 and i have mostly been mvp . I do all these only by void rank 5 and km rank 4 synergy third champ i use random for minis or spectating my path .. can you ever see me using nc and havok in war or aq map 6 ? I just need one solid rank 2 able 6 star to fill a big gap in my roaster

MVP is a useless metric and isn't anything to brag about.
    Seriously. I have like 90 something mvps and I hate war. Just about who takes a longer path or more fights really
  • EvilincarnateEvilincarnate Posts: 22
    @Demonzfyre reAd the mvp message clearly i have mentioned that m not bragging just giving my point that i am good in game and so many others who are not got the champs they don’t deserve ...
    @LordRaymond3 first of all i really dont care for what you like or what you dont .. secondly if you dont like it then simply dont waste your time reading or replying . Believe me no one here cares for what you like or what you dont . So dont tell me or anybody about what you like or what you dont
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @LordRaymond3 i care what u like!

@Demonzfyre reAd the mvp message clearly i have mentioned that m not bragging just giving my point that i am good in game and so many others who are not got the champs they don’t deserve ...

MVP doesn't mean you are good.
    @Demonzfyre @like @_ASDF_ said , for me being good means doing the job perfectly , especially in high tier war seasons . Where others rely on you . That makes you mvp which means you are good in it .
    @Demonzfyre by what you said i got the idea you are good too but not mvp . But your ryt others are good too i never said others are not
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Does this whole thread boil down to "why cant I have a 6* corvus and nick fury "? There are over a hundred champs in the game and I think over 80 champs in 6*s. That's like crying because someone won on a scratch off and you didn't. Sorry but these poor me threads need to be shut down. Also mvp means nothing. I've seen guys with mvp who can't kill minibosses or main bosses but moved up so someone better could. The old maps used to award mvp just for taking an outside lane and they for the most part had the weakest nodes.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    edited January 2020

As many have already pointed out, this game is largely RNG based, and RNG does not care about what you think you deserve.

Your biased self-perception of your own ability does not entitle you to better luck. There's no point being aggravated about other players' pulls - just focus on your own game and your luck with change in time.

@Demonzfyre @like @_ASDF_ said , for me being good means doing the job perfectly , especially in high tier war seasons . Where others rely on you . That makes you mvp which means you are good in it .

MVP means you take 4,5,6 in war plus maybe a mini or 2. Essentially you are taking the most fights. Not always the hardest fights.

War is a team effort where everyone is relying on each other. You don't get extra rewards for MVP, everyone gets the same win or lose.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    I agree about MVP. It doesn't always go to the player it should.
    I've had it times when I didn't deserve it and vice versa.
    Things like exploration and defence team can skew the result.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    MVP is decided by defense too. The higher your defense team PI, the more % you start with. I’ve done wars where I took down 11 opponents without dying (1 middle mini and 3 mini’s and boss included) and didn’t get #1 MVP because I placed without suicides and the guy that took 9 opponents but placed with suicides got it. You can die 3 times on every opponent and still be MVP. It doesn’t matter
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    I like 4 of those and tbh that's not far off from the 50/50 ratio of good to garbage champs in the pool.
  • Apollo107Apollo107 Posts: 104
    Night thrasher is v good, what you chatin?
    _ASDF_ said:

MVP means you take 4,5,6 in war plus maybe a mini or 2. Essentially you are taking the most fights. Not always the hardest fights.

War is a team effort where everyone is relying on each other. You don't get extra rewards for MVP, everyone gets the same win or lose.
    Taking the most fights is kinda a big deal with massive health pools and the resources it takes. Also, just because someone has a “god tier” attacker doesn’t mean what it used to with the diversity of champs. So yeah. MVP means something and they likely sacrificed more than others. I don’t think they deserve anything more than an acknowledgment. Don’t deserve extra rewards.
    Until you get extra rewards for MVP, it will always mean nothing.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★

@DeaconVelvet you have been there ? When did you came out of it ? And by which champ ?

well not with 6 stars lol .. mine have been pretty stacked (with the exception of Abomination and Diablo). but i have 17 6* champs now ... so 15 out of 17 ain't bad ... BUT my point was we all get the **** pulls.
  • @Worknprogress i agree , just wana know when am i gonna hit hot streak i may not play arenas but i have been playing this game for 4 years or more now

Just let me check my crystal ball, hold on
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    There is a drop rate algorithm that they use per their patents.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian

There is a drop rate algorithm that they use per their patents.

I wish people would read the patents before echoing this nonsense. This was dismissed on several grounds when it was first brought up, and then again several times afterwards. First of all, most of the patents mentioned don't even say that in the text: people just guess based on the title. Second, the few patents that do mention this only mention it in specific circumstances not generally applicable to MCOC. Third, even if they were implemented in MCOC outside the stated circumstances of the patent there would be unambiguously noticeable effects we could easily determine.

Kabam isn't manipulating drop rates in MCOC "per their patents." If they were using any of those patents in MCOC, we'd know. In part, because all of the patents related to lootboxes attempt to reward certain player behaviors directly with different kinds of lootboxes which is literally impossible to do in secret because you can't reward players' behavior without telling them you're doing it and with a mechanism they cannot notice. This is a stupid beyond belief theory.

For example, one patent mentioned is 10307666: "System and method for rotating drop rates in a mystery box." People say this is evidence Kabam manipulates drop rates. But what the patent actually describes is a method for changing the drop rates of older lootboxes to drum up more interest in them when interest wanes. Which cannot happen if you don't tell the players it is happening.

Here's another one: 10080972: "Mystery boxes that adjust due to past spending behavior." A lot of conspiracy nuts like to quote this one. All it takes to disprove this is happening at any noticeable level is to simply analyze COWhale's drops. He has literally thousands of drops of high value crystals we can observe to see if his drops are statistically different from the average player. They aren't, at least not to any statistically significant amount. And again: why would you do this and not tell the players you're doing it? How can you encourage spending by giving spenders better stuff, but do it in a way they cannot notice?

Also, anyone in the EU can legally disprove that 10080972 is being used by MCOC. 10080972 requires that the game maintain a detailed set of spending metrics for the user. The GDPR mandates that online companies disclose all stored information upon request, and Kabam has implemented such a process (cf: Privacy Policy). Although I'm not an EU citizen, I actually requested this access a while back, and it did not contain long term spending metrics.
  • MrSpoonMrSpoon Posts: 10
    I feel like this is more of a “look at me I’ve got 10 6* champs” thread.

You’ve played the game long enough at this point to know it’s completely random so why ask?
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★

I have been playing this game since 4 years now , i have decent 5 stars 1 or 2 beyong God 5 to 6 God tier so i cant complain about 5 stars but my 6 star roaster bleeds my heart . I have opened 10 crystals and my best is duped glly . My question here is am i ever gonna get any good 6 star because i have seen guys having 5 6 stars out of which 2 are beyond God tiers .. why is that ?

Lay off the sodium intake, you seem to have too much salt in your diet.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    4 yrs? I just started playing in Dec. 2019, and quickly realized that getting the characters you want is a gamble. I know it's frustrating and disappointing. When I finally got my 5 🌟 crystal, it was King Groot. Maaaan I wanted to get hit by falling rocks! Lol
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    I have 15 6* and I would trade all of them for a duped Guillotine. She may not be amazing, but she's better that what I got.
    edited February 2020

@Worknprogress
    Last aw boss , tier 3 plat 3 . ;) still this is only beyond God tier champ i got.. see this hurts lol