**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champs that were nerfed, what was changed?

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
I didn't play back in the glory days of the old champs. Just wondering what was changed with Scarlett Witch, Doctor Strange and Thor that made them lesser champs? Any other champs that got a heavy nerf?

Comments

• A great team used to be SW, BW, Vision AoU, Falcon, and a 2nd Falcon.

CritRate's galore (especially when using SW), plus double the extra bonuses from Falcon Recon synergy.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★

A great team used to be SW, BW, Vision AoU, Falcon, and a 2nd Falcon.

CritRate's galore (especially when using SW), plus double the extra bonuses from Falcon Recon synergy.

Back when 1 or 2 champs were enough and you could justify 2 falcons..

The good ole days
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    SW had 100% chance to throw up buffs or debufs on crits to favor her. You could literally stun and power lock for an entire fight with the right crit synergy and drop 50k sp2's. With full MD she was nuts and could drop sp2's after just a few hits against the right champ. Plus she was a regen machine. Even at max sig now she can give the opponent fury, armor, and she can lose power. What other champ has a sig ability that can help the opponent, none. That's why she sucks now. Not to mention her regen rate decreased, actually all buff/ debuff durations decreased.

Doc could just control a fight and live forever with his regen. Sp2 did major damage with AB. He's not even half as good as he once was. And he was the most nerfed champ ever. Nerfed him 4 times, but the 12.0 nerf made him complete trash. Reduced duration of all his cycles, lost his massive life steal.

And Thor was the biggest damage champ in the game. 400k sp3's with 4 or 5 armor breaks. Wasn't the easiest thing for most to do, and he had zero utility and was useless vs stun immune. There was no reason to nerf him. Now all 3 are garbage.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    -sixate- said:

SW had 100% chance to throw up buffs or debufs on crits to favor her. You could literally stun and power lock for an entire fight with the right crit synergy and drop 50k sp2's. With full MD she was nuts and could drop sp2's after just a few hits against the right champ. Plus she was a regen machine. Even at max sig now she can give the opponent fury, armor, and she can lose power. What other champ has a sig ability that can help the opponent, none. That's why she sucks now. Not to mention her regen rate decreased, actually all buff/ debuff durations decreased.

Doc could just control a fight and live forever with his regen. Sp2 did major damage with AB. He's not even half as good as he once was. And he was the most nerfed champ ever. Nerfed him 4 times, but the 12.0 nerf made him complete trash. Reduced duration of all his cycles, lost his massive life steal.

And Thor was the biggest damage champ in the game. 400k sp3's with 4 or 5 armor breaks. Wasn't the easiest thing for most to do, and he had zero utility and was useless vs stun immune. There was no reason to nerf him. Now all 3 are garbage.

Not really,SW still do some niche damage and regen if you lucky enough, i used to have 2 regen buff and she heal a lot
    Thor with 2 armor breaks and a fury still deal 4k with tech champ as 4* max sig
    But yeah,Doc is garbage, he like Ebony Maw with no miss or degen
  • daKrackendaKracken Posts: 18
    Let’s not forget how they did the huge doctor strange event that December that people could basically buy him and rank him up and hardly 3 months later the crippled him as a champion. Had my ds at r5 and used the rank down tickets to take him all the way down to r3. I have video somewhere of my last fight using him and thor before the update. I wish they would do a “my little symbiote” like event where they gave use a pre-nerf version of those champs that we could clear a super hard quest with and could only be used there.
  • Frnkielo said:

Used to be a synergy called leadership with captain America and war machine that gave everyone perfect block ..they took it away because you wouldn’t die with captain America ever

Probably thinking of “Block Proficiency” alternative instead of “Perfect Block” synergy.
    Block Prof used to be able to get so high (was that with Strange, Witch, and someone else I forget, maybe Storm ?) as to basically become a near perfect 0-damage Block on every blocked hit (unlike Perfect Block Mastery/Synergy itself which is only 0-Damage for some low % of blocked hits).

That's why Strange could basically solo most of ROL, would rarely take any damage so long as you were blocking.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Leadership synergy, that allowed you to take 0 block damage, was:

Strange - Witch - strange

Cyclops - Black bolt (I forgot if there was a 3rd)
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Magneto used to cause bleed from the first hit of his L1 but that was removed for pretty much no reason, making him even less useful.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    SW is still good just she doesn't have a 5 or 6 star.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Magneto used to cause bleed from the first hit of his L1 but that was removed for pretty much no reason, making him even less useful.

I remember that. They said in the forum it was bc this did 2 much damage. To be honest he was on of the best bleeders back then WHEN it procced