**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

is colossus a god tier now thanks to the buff?

I think colossus is a really good champion now thanks to the buff especially how they changed the way he moves. I find him a very fun champion to play with but would he be on the god tier list yet?

Comments

• Thx guys appreciate it 🙃
  • His very fun champ to play with
  • PanbohPanboh Posts: 72
    Kalantak said:

dont fall in "tier" trap, yes collosus is amazing and usefull in so many situation i ranked omega red over him and honestly regret it , i cant get down his playstyle and i have no suicide masteries so he doesnt do anything for me,while collosus at r4/55 with only sig 60 wrecks so much of content including AQ where omega didnt do much because of annoyingly passive AI of opponents ,collosus with barely 1 or 2 parrys almost takes half the health if it crits!! vice a versa where there is limber or stun immune node collosus might not work as good but omega still be same even on those nodes

Well, passive oponents are exactly where OR shines. You just have to hit the block (with 30% unblocakble chance) while you stack the spores.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    The "tier list" is make believe folks, don't be too influenced by what youtubers say. There are a lot of decent champs out there that you can use for endgame content that aren't in that make believe tiers.

Going back to the topic, Colossus is one of the great full immunity champs in the game. A hard hitting tank is always a great champ to use.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    He is tanky, a lot of immunity, can produce good damage. Don’t concern your self with tier list
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    He is great and even useful in most toughest paths
    I’m using him now frequently after taking him up to 4/55
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Panboh said:

Kalantak said:

dont fall in "tier" trap, yes collosus is amazing and usefull in so many situation i ranked omega red over him and honestly regret it , i cant get down his playstyle and i have no suicide masteries so he doesnt do anything for me,while collosus at r4/55 with only sig 60 wrecks so much of content including AQ where omega didnt do much because of annoyingly passive AI of opponents ,collosus with barely 1 or 2 parrys almost takes half the health if it crits!! vice a versa where there is limber or stun immune node collosus might not work as good but omega still be same even on those nodes

Well, passive oponents are exactly where OR shines. You just have to hit the block (with 30% unblocakble chance) while you stack the spores.
    Only if he's near. I find OR without suicides disappointing.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Colossus is certainly god tier. No question about that.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    300 hit take down of LOL SL for a 5/65, that’s pretty god like to me.

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

300 hit take down of LOL SL for a 5/65, that’s pretty god like to me.

Especially considering limber hurts him a ton
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    @MADMANDIFFA_69 like most ppl here said don’t worry about “god tier” or what not. I love colossus post buff. Guy is amazing. Does great damage, can take a few hits, and immunities are great. Mine is R5 5/65 sig 40 and use him to clear map 6 lines easily and helped a lot in clearing general content. He is my only R5 mutant. And yes I have a domino. He just fills a time in my roster a lot of other champs don’t. Granted limber hurts him but his damage is solid
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I haven't found my love for him. I have him duped and r3 as a 5* but feel I'm not maximizing my damage output as much as I'd like.

As for "tier lists" - it's just a way to discuss how good a champ is. If you're not asking "is he God Tier?" you're asking "Is he a great champion." It's just the verbiage to debate how strong a champ is

Lol starlord down before first enrage timer up
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    John757 said:

There is only one god tier champion in this game and his name is Howard the Duck. Every other champ is hot garbage.

The Chair.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

John757 said:

There is only one god tier champion in this game and his name is Howard the Duck. Every other champ is hot garbage.

The Chair.
    The Chair is Demi-god
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    John757 said:

John757 said:

The Chair.
    The Chair is Demi-god
    I think it's semi-gloss as well.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

John757 said:

John757 said:

The Chair.
    The Chair is Demi-god
    I think it's semi-gloss as well.
    That’s where Chair’s utility comes into play
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    He was my most recent 5/65 rank up, and I have 0 regrets. He hits like a truck and has loads of utility.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Idc what seatin says. I rather use him than a lot of other champs. He hits HARD
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Kalantak said:

I suggest playing omega more. I had problems myself with him at the start but when you keep playing him you will get better.

With suicides he is better ofc but even when you only lock in 10 spores with a heavy it does a lot of damage.

Quick tip: you can cancel the 2nd hit of his heavy with an SP2 to build spores fast.
    I suggest bringing ST with him.
  • Old thread, but Colossus is a beast as long as the enemy doesn't eat buffs or hurt you from contact hits. If these two things are true OR seems flimsy. I have both at 5*r4 Sig 60 or so, and never play suicides - I don't like having to remap for when they simply don't work. OR has some good matchups, but tends to take more damage. Healing him up is a bit of a non starter, as most fights are over before SP3, and SP1 heal is pretty weedy without SP2 worth of spores. Colossus is a tank - and gets more so as the fight goes on. With stun - also really a requirement for OR he destroys. Without he gets the job done - SP 2 still hits hard even without the fury. The constantly stacking armour makes him take less and less damage, so he practically takes no damage after about 30-40 seconds in a fight. Common paths work better with Colossus. Bleed just builds armour - making him stronger and stronger on Caltrops paths. Freezer-burn he can breeze - OR struggles more, though can with mediums. Bleed/poison paths are pretty easy with both - just don't hit the block and not a problem.

In fact the only real advantages I can see with OR is zero contact close (hard to manage and dull to play), Electro damage reflectors (OR can medium them), and zero buffs on OR - useful on spite etc. Importantly there are other choices to OR for zero contact (no seem fights need it, its just a way around a hole in the roster), zero buffs - take your pick, loads of champs don't have buffs. Damage reflectors are a pain, but out and out reflectors are limited to electro I think.

Colossus wins!
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83

The "tier list" is make believe folks, don't be too influenced by what youtubers say. There are a lot of decent champs out there that you can use for endgame content that aren't in that make believe tiers.

Can heroes that are in the "somewhat useful" tier be somewhat useful? Yes, but that actually reinforces the tiers it doesn't debunk them. All the tiers are meant to represent is what percentage of content a particular hero will be very strong in.

Still if I'm doing hard stuff obviously I want Havok over Cyclops, Omega Red over Cable, Aegon over Agent Venom, Quake over Captain America, so on.

Yeah maybe you can do it but the tier system doesn't say you can't it's just describing value of a champion.
  • PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★
    I like Colossus a lot more since the buff. Maybe it's just me but I haven't been getting barely any crits with him in the past couple weeks. I do Parry heavy and he used to crit almost every time with the masteries maxed out. Now it's like 3 or 4 times tops per fight.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    A side track question: do you think UC also warrant a buff similar to colossus? Thanks.