**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So is Aegon and Corvus Blade going to be next to get nerfed?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
I used Namor and Cull Obsidian to a certain extent before both got nerfed and to be perfectly honest, they weren't really that "beyond god-tier" as advertised by the YouTubers. Namor you had to wait to build up Imperius Rex to deal good damage, and if you were just an average player like me it's difficult to sustain that SP chain that after your trigger SP3. Cull had to be duped and had to build up a few fights before his damage output became serious.

If we simply stacked let's say, Aegon vs Cull and Namor vs Corvus, both Aegon and Corvus are still further ahead in terms of being "beyond god tier" in their abilities. So going by this logic, if Kabam creates these "unintended abilities" of champs we sacrificed so much to get and rank up only to find out later that they will be nerfed, where and who will draw the line? Is this going to be what we'll have to just get used to because proper testing wasn't done before the champs that get nerfed got released?

I would rather spend maybe an entire quarter in 2020 really focusing on enhancing the beyond garbage tier champs like HulkBuster, the two Cyclops, Groot, etc. instead of nerfing the champs that we worked so hard to get. It just pains me to see that the decisions made by the Kabam executive team love to break the heart of the player base.

SMH.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I WANT CORVUS BLADE!!!
    seriously though, nerfs are gonna happen! Corvus was released ages ago so they prob won't touch him though.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Idk, people keep saying you don't own your champions and that's obviously the legal perspective but given how hard resources are to get in this game I think they should release heroes with at least some parameters about how they should perform.

For instance if they release Longshot and say "he's supposed to be a top tier damage dealer" versus "he's shouldn't outperform X, Y and Z on damage" that's going to pepper how you treat those champions. It's not obvious at all at first blush how far along the spectrum a champ is supposed to be so you have no idea who will be nerfed or not.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Yes. and maybe throw in Ghost while you are at it.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    In their last ingame email they said they would be retuning champs a lot more frequently, I just hope this doesnt apply to champs that were out already in early -mid 2019
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★

OP making 2 outrageous posts the....
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 965 ★★★
    Corvus Blade would be way to OP. After running out of blade charges, he can rely on his Safety sense against all champions with a hero tag. It would break the game.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    They have been in the basic pool forever, the community will go mad if they do change them, it's way too late now.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Maybe stupid question but who is corvus blade?
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    nerf shouldnt be nerfs and buffs shouldnt be reworks!!! tweaking some stuff to keep the balance isnt nerf!! balance is necessary and they have been upfront about it any champ at any time is subject to change to keep the balance... what hurts me is we have character like Domino -a C tier character or hyperion or corvus but at the same a character like Drstrange is complete garbadge and unusable or any other 70+ character that never get ranked beyong Rank 2 or Rank 3!!! BALANCE is necessary absolutely but on these trash champs as well!! why do reworks take 10 months to complete why go through polls,announcements,more announcements, Betas and then more announcements and then release!!! just give few lines of abilities ,refresh the game, refresh those "TIER" lists , close a gap between a character that can inflict 8k to 20k bleeds,200k Sp2s and champs with max 2k on sp2s n be clear about what is Over powered and what is not, what is specific intention of developers for a specific character to do in game!!! they can start that with LONGSHOT and be clear what he is intended to do and if rebalance happens what they will be looking into on that Guy
  • Some people just come here to complain
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Neither of them need a nerf.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 790 ★★★
    Corvus Blade would have Dagger Sense. Guaranteed crits against any champ using a bladed weapon.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    The OP is just scared can't you guys see it.
  • HalasterHalaster Posts: 27
    edited February 2020
    Can't help but picturing Wesley Snipes with a badass armor... pls Kabam put Corvus Blade in the game! You can nerf him 6-months later, we already know its gonna happen!
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Why would you nerf champs that have been in game for over a year?

They did it to Strange :/
  • Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195

A. Nope
    B. Nope
    C. Even if they wanted to "nerf" these champs they wouldn't touch aegon cause he's an original character and original characters are always extremely strong.
    D. They wouldn't even "nerf" corvus cause it's way overdue plus they did say that he was designed for legend runs as in he was designed to end fights quickly.
    E. They probably won't touch any champ that wasn't released in 2019+

Well I mean like isn't the champion a original character? And he's ok but not the best
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited February 2020

Some people just come here to complain

This argument's corollary is that sometimes Kabam nerfs things for no reason.

It's like when people say these nerfs aren't a big deal...ok, then why did they need to happen at all? If it's not a big deal leave it alone.

I think everyone would be happier if balance happened before champ released not months and months later. It shouldn't be that hard to assess dps.