**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam please stop giving different rewards for similar effort

13»

Comments

• Options
    naikavon said:

RNG is already involved in the process. Once is sufficient. For you lovers of rng, consider if every event doled out rewards similar to the structure of this side event. Do you think the player base would be as robust as it is currently? I don't know for certain, but I would suspect the answer to be no. Therefore, feedback is crucial for the overall health of the game.

If every event had a rewards structure identical to *any* reward system, the player base would be less robust. That's because no reward structure pleases everyone. The one you hate, its there for the players who hate the one you like. You try to stack the deck in your favor, removing reward structures you don't like and adding the ones you like, and you'll lose players.
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    I didn't say I hated it. There's not much in this life i hate. Far to short for that.

In point of fact I don't even mind rng. I've played many many games using rng structures to award prizes. But I do see a problem with stacking rng upon rng. If used too frequently it can create a chasm of rewards and kill a game.

Now, one time isn't a huge deal. 2 times maybe not so much, but at what point does this type of reward structure create too much harm. I don't pretend to have the answer to this but it is a legitimate concern for players to raise.

OP raises a valid criticism. That's it. No hate. I myself benefited from this structure, duped my 5* Domino and pulled a 5* Winter Soldier for the first time. Kinda irrelevant to the conversation though.
  • Options
    ScholiaScholia Posts: 116

Scholia said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

This IS about you as you are the one that created this thread. There is no chance at all that if you pulled all 5*'s that you have made this post. You are here because you feel slighted. You are trying to make this about the masses but it's really about you, and your pulls.

Looking at your posting history, you come here to complain and never to celebrate your pulls. Again, you want "fair for all" but really you just want better rewards for yourself.

Just read ToS please and try follow for once. What I have written is more as request for improvement. I have right to post and if you don't like, just click disagree, argue but don't make it personnel.

Yeah I don't write about pulls, but not that I have always been complaining. I have also appreciated and supported Kabam often on forum.
    Again, all I'm saying is that you wouldn't be asking for improvement if you got all 5*'s. No matter if this is really about everyone, if you personally got all 5*'sm from these crystals would you have gone to bat for "all the people" getting 3*'s or even 4*'s? I'm sure you'd say yes you would but looking at what topics you've posted in the past, I highly doubt you'd be posting this thread.
    Lol... I haven't been much active in recent times but tried either being constructive or looked for clarity whenever in posted in recent past. Not saying I have been right all the time, but still have tried being better thn a guy who think of himself as a mod and trolls the **** out of many. Happy to argue but wanna avoid making it personal. If you can't, lets stop here.
    Its laughable that you wont answer the question but proves the point completely.
    To answer, I would have. I have written against Gifting event despite my alliance finishing in top 1-5pc and myself getting so many good rewards regularly e.g. alot 6* shard (opened two after the event), t5b shards (Almost got 2full - having 4 right now waiting to rankup right hero), T2A shards (alot), 5* shards.

Don't think I need to prove to you further.
    You don’t need to prove yourself to her. Demon loves attention. It’s like a drug to her
    Dont assume my gender. You don't know what we are.
    I assumed your gender because you act like it
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Scholia said:

Scholia said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

This IS about you as you are the one that created this thread. There is no chance at all that if you pulled all 5*'s that you have made this post. You are here because you feel slighted. You are trying to make this about the masses but it's really about you, and your pulls.

Looking at your posting history, you come here to complain and never to celebrate your pulls. Again, you want "fair for all" but really you just want better rewards for yourself.

Just read ToS please and try follow for once. What I have written is more as request for improvement. I have right to post and if you don't like, just click disagree, argue but don't make it personnel.

Yeah I don't write about pulls, but not that I have always been complaining. I have also appreciated and supported Kabam often on forum.
    Again, all I'm saying is that you wouldn't be asking for improvement if you got all 5*'s. No matter if this is really about everyone, if you personally got all 5*'sm from these crystals would you have gone to bat for "all the people" getting 3*'s or even 4*'s? I'm sure you'd say yes you would but looking at what topics you've posted in the past, I highly doubt you'd be posting this thread.
    Lol... I haven't been much active in recent times but tried either being constructive or looked for clarity whenever in posted in recent past. Not saying I have been right all the time, but still have tried being better thn a guy who think of himself as a mod and trolls the **** out of many. Happy to argue but wanna avoid making it personal. If you can't, lets stop here.
    Its laughable that you wont answer the question but proves the point completely.
    To answer, I would have. I have written against Gifting event despite my alliance finishing in top 1-5pc and myself getting so many good rewards regularly e.g. alot 6* shard (opened two after the event), t5b shards (Almost got 2full - having 4 right now waiting to rankup right hero), T2A shards (alot), 5* shards.

You don’t need to prove yourself to her. Demon loves attention. It’s like a drug to her
    That's even more sexist.
  • Options
    naikavon said:

In point of fact I don't even mind rng. I've played many many games using rng structures to award prizes. But I do see a problem with stacking rng upon rng. If used too frequently it can create a chasm of rewards and kill a game.

When you say "if used too frequently" that's a truism. But it says nothing about what "too frequently" is.

The F2P game industry, flying directly in the face of loud vocal opposition to random lootboxes, is the dominant player in the industry, both in terms of revenue generated, and also more importantly in the number of players who support those games compared to others. This says something much more specific about what "too frequently" is.

We can debate preference. But there's no debating efficacy.

On a meta level:
    naikavon said:

Now, one time isn't a huge deal. 2 times maybe not so much, but at what point does this type of reward structure create too much harm. I don't pretend to have the answer to this but it is a legitimate concern for players to raise.

You say you don't "hate" random rewards, but this betrays the fact that you clearly believe they are inherently bad. Because if you were neutral on them, you wouldn't suggest that they are okay in tiny amounts, but that some apparently low point they obviously become problematic. A neutral person wouldn't mind if they were 20%, or even 50% of all rewards. They wouldn't say "one or two times isn't a huge deal" because a neutral person would believe they had an equal place among all kinds of reward systems, and the only other kind of reward system are the non-random kind.
  • Options
    BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    This months side quest is meme worthy, its terrible the amount of effort you have to put forth for a bunch of 3*s
  • Options
    EhizojEhizoj Posts: 40
    OP raised a valid point. Whether you agree or not, is totally up to you. But to act as if the point isn't valid is just crazy. If we all put in the sane amount of time and effort in an event, we should all get the same rewards period. RNG already decides the class and usefulness of whatever we get from those rewards, but at least the rewards are even. But to add RNG to the reward itself (cavalier, grandmaster, legendary etc) is definitely a bad move. Let the gamblers and dreamers buy those crystals and gamble away. But for effort and time, there should be no RNG crystals included.
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

naikavon said:

When you say "if used too frequently" that's a truism. But it says nothing about what "too frequently" is.

The F2P game industry, flying directly in the face of loud vocal opposition to random lootboxes, is the dominant player in the industry, both in terms of revenue generated, and also more importantly in the number of players who support those games compared to others. This says something much more specific about what "too frequently" is.

We can debate preference. But there's no debating efficacy.

On a meta level:
    naikavon said:

You say you don't "hate" random rewards, but this betrays the fact that you clearly believe they are inherently bad. Because if you were neutral on them, you wouldn't suggest that they are okay in tiny amounts, but that some apparently low point they obviously become problematic. A neutral person wouldn't mind if they were 20%, or even 50% of all rewards. They wouldn't say "one or two times isn't a huge deal" because a neutral person would believe they had an equal place among all kinds of reward systems, and the only other kind of reward system are the non-random kind.
    Um the meta part...it's a question...not specifically directed at anyone and one I freely admit i do not have the answer to. Anyone who says they have the all the answers is full of...hubris. Written text is not always the best medium to convey true meaning but you've now made two assumptions from my posts that frankly are out of left field and in no way were intended interpretations by me. I freely admit that could be the fault of me but maybe just maybe is a result of your slant. Either way,

I get it, you don't agree. Cool, wasn't trying to change your mind nor anyone else's. Y'all's opinion is also valid. I just think that there is a danger and a valid concern was raised by a fellow player. As I mentioned above, at some point, whether it is once , twice or eleventy-billion people reach a breaking point for what they will take. That is different for different people. Recognizing the potential for harmful effects doesn't mean I secretly hate something, it simply means I can see POTENTIAL for harm. Emphasized for y'all.

None of that is the point of me posting. The people who matter, maybe they see and rethink...maybe they don't. It's all good, I've done my part, I had a concern and voiced it. I'm good.

• Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

Tayyab82 said:

Earlier Kabam removed AW Season Crystal in S15 to bring parity to people finishing in similar tier.

Many welcomed the move, a few were unhappy, but overall it did gave an impression that Kabam is moving towards right direction...but we were so wrong!!

Why?? Just look at Crystals you are getting from this month side quest. Many are getting only 3* or 4*s from legendary/ Grandmaster Shattered Crystal while some are enjoying 5*s. How this is right when the effort put by all are similar. Its a different story whether this month rewards are good or not, but don't make it bad for some and good for few when efforts being put are same. Please stop this madness...

AW is 1000 times harder than this side quest. They kept energy at 1 per step plus the whole thing is optional. Abyss of Legends came out before this side quest and is chalk full of RNG rewards. Curious why you chose to compare this side quest to AW rewards instead of something like Abyss where unless you have the right team, your efforts are much more difficult.

Not to mention every quest that exists in this game has RNG rewards, even AW. What if the 5* shards from the AW rewards gives me a 5* and I get Iron Patriot and we ranked #2 Gold 1 but someone who ranked #499 pulls a 5* Aegon.... Is that fair? Technically we worked harder than them.

Everyone uses a backup and most often they are needed. If they just placed defense, they get the same rewards as I do for running a lane. War MVPs get nothing extra for doing all the work. Hows that fair?

Point is, just play the.game. RNG runs this game.
    A little late to the party but.

Your comparison does not hold value.
    Wether you get Iron Patriot or Aegon you’re getting the same reward and the same amount: 1 5* champ.
    In previous season crystals you did get the same rewards (mostly) but you didn’t get same amount. So not really comparable.

I agree with the OP that RNG rewards should not exist in content.
    I hated completing 6.2 and 6.3 using thousands of units and time to get a 3* from cavaliers.
    Those crystals shouldn’t exist in content like that.

Now, for this specific side quest I don’t think it’s that bad. It’s not like it’s too difficult and it doesn’t take much e. In this case, I’d prefer not having that crystal but it’s nothing terrible.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Onmix said:

Tayyab82 said:

Earlier Kabam removed AW Season Crystal in S15 to bring parity to people finishing in similar tier.

Many welcomed the move, a few were unhappy, but overall it did gave an impression that Kabam is moving towards right direction...but we were so wrong!!

Why?? Just look at Crystals you are getting from this month side quest. Many are getting only 3* or 4*s from legendary/ Grandmaster Shattered Crystal while some are enjoying 5*s. How this is right when the effort put by all are similar. Its a different story whether this month rewards are good or not, but don't make it bad for some and good for few when efforts being put are same. Please stop this madness...

AW is 1000 times harder than this side quest. They kept energy at 1 per step plus the whole thing is optional. Abyss of Legends came out before this side quest and is chalk full of RNG rewards. Curious why you chose to compare this side quest to AW rewards instead of something like Abyss where unless you have the right team, your efforts are much more difficult.

Not to mention every quest that exists in this game has RNG rewards, even AW. What if the 5* shards from the AW rewards gives me a 5* and I get Iron Patriot and we ranked #2 Gold 1 but someone who ranked #499 pulls a 5* Aegon.... Is that fair? Technically we worked harder than them.

Everyone uses a backup and most often they are needed. If they just placed defense, they get the same rewards as I do for running a lane. War MVPs get nothing extra for doing all the work. Hows that fair?

Wether you get Iron Patriot or Aegon you’re getting the same reward and the same amount: 1 5* champ.
    In previous season crystals you did get the same rewards (mostly) but you didn’t get same amount. So not really comparable.

I hated completing 6.2 and 6.3 using thousands of units and time to get a 3* from cavaliers.

Now, for this specific side quest I don’t think it’s that bad. It’s not like it’s too difficult and it doesn’t take much e. In this case, I’d prefer not having that crystal but it’s nothing terrible.
    You didn't understand what I was saying about the 5*'s. No where near what you said.

No one wants RNG rewards but how many games are you going to find like this that don't? But we are all putting forth the same effort for the same rewards. If I complete 6.2 we both get the same thing reward wise. Crystal pulls will never reflect effort put forth.
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

Onmix said:

Tayyab82 said:

You didn't understand what I was saying about the 5*'s. No where near what you said.

No one wants RNG rewards but how many games are you going to find like this that don't? But we are all putting forth the same effort for the same rewards. If I complete 6.2 we both get the same thing reward wise. Crystal pulls will never reflect effort put forth.
    I don’t understand what I didn’t get since you explicitly mentioned pulling Iron Patriot and Aegon from 5* crystals.
    But if your point is there aren’t many games without RNG then we’re in agreement. This is an RNG game (like most out there).

What I just wanted to clarify is the RNG in a 5* crystal isn’t the same as a cavalier crystal.
    And even though you’re right (6.2 has the same rewards for everybody) completing content that difficult shouldn’t even have a chance at a 3*.
    So while I believe in this month’s side quest the crystal is ok, in other parts it isn’t. For example in AW I thought it wasn’t.
  • Options

No one wants RNG rewards but how many games are you going to find like this that don't?

If it was true that no one wants random rewards, that number would be a lot higher than the zero it currently is.
  • Options

Scholia said:

Scholia said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

Wow, is that really how you talk about women in general? Pretty disgusting. I'm not a women but that's pretty offensive.
    You’re definitely a woman then.

Nothing wrong with being one. Was just curious to know what you were.thanks for confirming. I’ll be more sensitive to you next time sweetheart.
  • Options

Scholia said:

Scholia said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

That's even more sexist.

Ah. Sorry mr husband
  • Options
    16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    @Scholia you gotta back off man. Your comments aren’t adding anything to the conversation, and you’re just being downright disrespectful
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Scholia said:

Scholia said:

Scholia said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

Tayyab82 said:

Wow, is that really how you talk about women in general? Pretty disgusting. I'm not a women but that's pretty offensive.
    You’re definitely a woman then.

Nothing wrong with being one. Was just curious to know what you were.thanks for confirming. I’ll be more sensitive to you next time sweetheart.
    I thought sexism wasn't allowed on these forums @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porthos Can we get a look at this?
    I'm seriously offended at the behavior of you @Scholia