**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

REBALANCE FUTURE AND FUN IN THE CONTEST

i really want to rank5 sunspot as he is so much fun and seriously he isnt overpowered as you need to set him up correctly before you can get those big yellow numbers just like corvus needs fights to ramp up, and IDEALLY the ability to parry,but knowing kabam they will probably nerf him. and there is no guarantee that when they do they will give me the resources back as they already said with the namor case that this compensation wont be for every REBALANCE. so how the hell i am supposed to have fun in a game where i work so hard to get a champ, finally get him ,but oh wait i dont have a guarantee they wont nerf him and give me the resources back.
I dont like ranting about a topic that we already discussed but like seriously how i am supposed to get excited when i get anew good champ that i am afraid of ranking up due to rebalancing. so please kabam implement that selling option for any future nerfs you will do so that we dont have to go throw constant overthinking about every decision w make .
sorry for the long post but had to get it outside and my regards!

Comments

• Options
    lukaka said:

how the hell i am supposed to have fun in a game where i work so hard to get a champ, finally get him ,but oh wait i dont have a guarantee they wont nerf him and give me the resources back.

No game lasts forever. How can you enjoy a game where you pour all your time, effort, and sometimes money into it, and one day it just all goes away? It is the ultimate nerf: one day all your champions will become useless. How do you enjoy a game when that can happen at any time? Only you can answer that question, and only you know what the answer is for you. I've played games that eventually shut down. I know what the answer is for me.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    They didn't nerf anyone. They tweaked the way Cull and Namor worked. Both are still really good champions. For Namor, they didn't touch his sig ability and how it works which is the best part about him. 3% vs 6% really isn't all that different in terms of how much you are getting back.

I have Cull at R5 and still think he does a ton of damage and I really can't tell the difference vs before and after. Yes he needs more block proficiency but I still find him useful.

All the other champs had positive tweaks to their kits so I don't understand your over reaction here. If they decide to re-balance again, they'll do like what they just did and you'll get back what you put into it. Just enjoy the champs and stop worrying about any re-balancing.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    wasn't a good road to go down and will be met with concerns on all new chaps going forward. A totally unforced error
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Sunspot is like namor he requires a decently long ramp up to get the crazy damage and notice they didn’t nerf namor damage they only nerfed the regen and gave him more bleed chance I highly doubt they will do anything with sunspot
  • Options
    Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited February 2020
    You folks act like you've never played a video game before. This game compensates more than any game I've ever seen. People also commit more to this game than many other games so I get that. Still, Namor getting a 3% nerf on his regen and having a slightly longer ramp up time doesn't seem to me to be the type of thing to develop PTSD over. Not like other games where you can practice with a champion or devote hundreds of hours to a character and have them nerfed down to useless-tier (which is like every other game that exists).

I used to like Marvel Heroes. That game is gone now. Just gone. I got over it.
  • Options

wasn't a good road to go down and will be met with concerns on all new chaps going forward. A totally unforced error

You're supposed to take that into consideration. The TOS pretty much tells you to. If you needed the devs to nerf a champion to convince you to do this, they've adjusted champions downward many times already. Anyone thinking *now* everyone will be "concerned" about champions moving forward is really late to the party. The game has proven that lots of people will play, and lots of people will spend money, on a game that doesn't give them guarantees. Because only a tiny minority of game players actually need that guarantee, and no free to play game needs that tiny minority of game players to survive.
  • Options
    listen I don't buy crystals ever. so there is no impact on me, new champs are something I see on youtube but doesn't exist in my world for a good while. my comment is purely the reality that making these changes this deep into the game, meaning the introduction of regular balance changes, will adversely impact how people view new champs. Hence the reaction to long shot and his abilities, the CCP asking if he is working as intended, and likely his low arena score.
  • Options
    Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    I do think it's fair that when something seems crazy (like Longshot damage) then it's ok to ask if it's intended and get a response, particularly when the crystals are for sale and some people will spend hundreds of dollars on them.

That being said, sometimes these posts come across as a sky is falling I'll never fall in love again kinda over dramatic thing and that to me is meh. It's not that bad.
  • Options

listen I don't buy crystals ever. so there is no impact on me, new champs are something I see on youtube but doesn't exist in my world for a good while. my comment is purely the reality that making these changes this deep into the game, meaning the introduction of regular balance changes, will adversely impact how people view new champs. Hence the reaction to long shot and his abilities, the CCP asking if he is working as intended, and likely his low arena score.

What DNA is saying is if people actually read the TOS they would have always been concerned about it. Its been in there since day 1. 12.0 was a much worse scenario of what happened recently.
  • Options

If you're saying some people will get mad, sure. If you're saying this will have any noticeable impact on the ability for the game to attract new players or generate revenue, I'll take that bet. If everyone who made this statement in every game I've ever played took that bet, I wouldn't be playing MCOC, I would be owning it.

People said literally the same thing about 12.0, with literally the same words. And literally nobody cares about 12.0 anymore.

As to Longshot's "low" score. He went for about 42 million in round one. He went for 55 million in round two. That sort of jump in round two typically happens when the consensus is that the first round was too low, which happens not when demand is intrinsically low, but rather when too many people think it will take more effort than he's worth to get him, leaving the top scores depleted. When people see what he actually went for, they realize the overreaction and jump into the second round. This has happened before many times, and that's the consensus analysis of how to interpret that kind of score change, not just my interpretation. So 55 million is closer to the "intrinsic" demand for Longshot.

(This happened recently with Sunspot for example: I'm pretty sure most people consider 42 million to be more representative of Sunspot's value than the anomalous 26 million he went for in round one)

55 million is respectable; in fact it is the highest score since the wildly inflated round one of Silver Surfer who went for 89 million in round one and 35 million in round two (which is the opposite effect to Longshot's low-then-high score). It is about what Mister Fantastic went for. The only champ that went decisively for more recently was Doctor Doom, who went for a record-breaking 82 million in both rounds. Claire Voyant and Warlock went in the 60s, Mysterio went for 53 and 26 million, and Stealth Suit Spidey went for 47 and 52 million. So Longshot is in the general range of what new champs go for in their first appearance as a featured arena champ.

I'm also not sure, and no one can possibly be sure yet, if Longshot's scores are directly comparable to scores from Silver Surfer and Doom or earlier, because it is unclear if recent ban waves have hit arena bots hard enough to shift the scores substantially.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I am saying it is a constant seed of distrust from long term players towards the game team. it will have no impact on new players as This will be how things are always done
  • Options

I am saying it is a constant seed of distrust from long term players towards the game team. it will have no impact on new players as This will be how things are always done

How is there distrust if they made it clear in the TOS from the very beginning?