**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bossrush

Marcury79Marcury79 Posts: 47
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Happy to know that kabam is introducing boss rush event....but there is an issue...as a level 40 player it's a bit tough to defete 30k_40k opponents...couse commonly level 40 player have5k or 6k champ rating....I am so excited about upcoming event....but a bit confused about completing this boss rush event...hope this time it will be a bit easier....thankyou

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    yea i do agree with this but our fellow endgamers like to have something challeging so we cant help
    still if they make it for different difficulties [master, epic, cav] it will be so great
  • Options
    CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    I used to not be able to do them, now I can. Been playing for over 2 years now. You just have to grow your roster until you can tackle them. They make a new one every few months so you'll get there eventually.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 969 ★★★
    Marcury79 said:

Happy to know that kabam is introducing boss rush event....but there is an issue...as a level 40 player it's a bit tough to defete 30k_40k opponents...couse commonly level 40 player have5k or 6k champ rating....I am so excited about upcoming event....but a bit confused about completing this boss rush event...hope this time it will be a bit easier....thankyou

Took me a long time until I could complete a boss rush. I had to let several of them go before I had the skill and roster to do it. May not be your time yet.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Marcury79 said:

@Haji_Saab @DalBot @Demonzfyre @Lvernon15 a loud aplouse for you guys...but not every person is a pro level player...don't compare them with me....I am just playing this game for fun....when I got frustrated from job I play this game for fun...but I didn't join this game to get frustrate...lol

Dont let the game frustrate you @Marcury79 . Just continue to play for fun. Give the boss rush a try and if you fail miserably don't worry about it. It's not worth getting upset or investing a ton of units in. Its content to test your skills against different champs and nodes. It's a boss rush so it's meant to be challenging. If you aren't soloing bosses on map 4 or higher in aq or bosses in aw you may not be able to complete it. Watch a few videos that will be out a couple days after the release of the boss rush and try a few different teams against it. There is no shame in not being able to complete it we were all there at some point in this game. These boss rushes are a test of skills not free rewards and many will brag about how easy it is. Dont let them bother you as a percentage of those will pay there way through. In short you are only competing in this game against yourself so use this as a test of how far you have come and what you need to grow further.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    it will be 20-30 minutes of fun. I assume there will be one real annoying champ/node combination that will require particular counter/counters. the rewards will be great for the time and meh for anything meaningful. I am looking forward to it but do not have huge expectations
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

These boss rushes are a test of skills not free rewards and many will brag about how easy it is.

The worst judges of difficulty tend to be the people who find it impossible, and the people who find it easy.

I often wonder if the people who "brag" about how easy something is that is obviously difficult really understand that in promoting their high skills they are also advertising their poor judgment. And why anyone would trade the one for the other.
    I think it falls somewhere between trolling and bragging. Lol.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

These boss rushes are a test of skills not free rewards and many will brag about how easy it is.

The worst judges of difficulty tend to be the people who find it impossible, and the people who find it easy.

I often wonder if the people who "brag" about how easy something is that is obviously difficult really understand that in promoting their high skills they are also advertising their poor judgment. And why anyone would trade the one for the other.
    I see posts on every event where people brag about their skills. I often wonder how much they spent to clear content. This has been ongoing since sw was a cheat code and after her nerf many of those same people were complaining about difficulty. I personally believe in playing this game for fun and as a distraction. I love the more challenging content and I tell alliance members not to get about failing in quests. Some content will be beyond you no matter your skill level in the game. You can always pay your way through it but what fun is that. I find it better to keep grinding the content until I improve and only complete with myself in game.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

I don't know that most of the braggers are particularly skilled vs just having deep rosters. These boss rush should not be hard to someone who is playing in act 6 content or completing variants. I would be pretty pissed at myself if I used a single item on sunday but that's not just because I am skilled its because I will run a team of R5/R2 champs that can cover any node they throw at it. Not everyone has that.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

I don't know that most of the braggers are particularly skilled vs just having deep rosters. These boss rush should not be hard to someone who is playing in act 6 content or completing variants. I would be pretty pissed at myself if I used a single item on sunday but that's not just because I am skilled its because I will run a team of R5/R2 champs that can cover any node they throw at it. Not everyone has that.
    True, I think that plays a huge role. I recall the epic labs from last year where my team was mostly R5s and a lowly 4* 5/50. But that lowly 5/50 was a max sig Namor, and in the random labs max sig Namor was a get out of jail free card on many node combinations. He only needed to get one or two kills in the entire run to make an impossible run vastly easier. Having a broad range of weapons and knowing you have them is huge.

But I also think there is a body of specific tactical skills beyond the generic guard/turn/parry/dodge/spin/thrust that takes time to build up that turn specific situations from super hard to something almost easy. For example, Bane is a nightmare for beginners and players who don't have experience with it. But for an experienced player, Bane can actually become a weapon. When I defeated the Collector in my second account with a very underpowered roster, I used Bane *against* the Collector rather than have it used against me: it actually made the fight easier than if it wasn't there at all. I did way more with way less than the first time I had to face him in my main account.

Once you know things like that, you can forget you know them because it comes naturally. And you can forget what that kind of content looks like to someone that doesn't have the muscle memory and the tactical groove carved into their brain that they can simply fall into and use.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

I'll be doing something similar but I normally attack these boss rushes with 4* champs. Using 4*s I can normally offer options and tricks to my alliance on how to tackle each fight. 4*s also offer more options and are cheaper to take up to rank 4 than 5*s. A lot of the boss rushes boil down to learning how the champs interact with the nodes and finding an adequate solution. With all female characters they will at least have lower block proficiency and less physical resistance than some opponents. Only one I'm not looking forward to is invisible woman since the last boss rush gave me nightmares before I learned how to abuse the nodes to beat her. Thanks to @DNA3000 for that fight
  • Options
    Dshu said:

DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

I'll be doing something similar but I normally attack these boss rushes with 4* champs. Using 4*s I can normally offer options and tricks to my alliance on how to tackle each fight. 4*s also offer more options and are cheaper to take up to rank 4 than 5*s. A lot of the boss rushes boil down to learning how the champs interact with the nodes and finding an adequate solution. With all female characters they will at least have lower block proficiency and less physical resistance than some opponents. Only one I'm not looking forward to is invisible woman since the last boss rush gave me nightmares before I learned how to abuse the nodes to beat her. Thanks to @DNA3000 for that fight
    My goal was to make a fight that would be as hard as possible for someone to complete if they simply tried to zerg it, but also as easy as possible if they took the time to think it through and practice a bit. In other words, I wanted to reward thoughtful play. I tried to watch as many people take it on as possible, and I took a lot of pleasure out of seeing people shake their fists in anger at that fight, think about it, decide on a set of tactics, and then smile when they realize they can destroy that fight while healing themselves a bit in the process. I wanted players to think they were "stealing something" from the game as a reward for their good play.

The goal of a good designer, in my opinion, is not to beat the players. It is to give them the feeling that they beat the designer. It has to be hard or the win feels cheap, and so some players will lose. But the goal is to create the best possible feeling of victory when they win. At least, that's how I see it.

I had an advantage in that when the community boss rush was designed IW was a very new champ. In fact, almost no one had her when I initially designed it, a few month before it was released. Today, a lot more people have experience fighting her. The same fight design today would probably be too easy. If the leaks are correct, the fight I'm most worried about is probably Wasp, since there's all sorts of nastiness you can combine evasion with. I'm also wondering if someone will decide to combine nullify immunity with Medusa. But the wild card might be Claire Voyant. Her funky set of abilities could make her an interesting fight, or it could make her relatively easy to overpower like Taskmaster was.
  • Options
    PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Wait @DNA3000, are you a content created in some way, or is it just that you are a guardian on the forums that makes you able to design a boss rush fight?
  • Options
    PsyLife said:

Wait @DNA3000, are you a content created in some way, or is it just that you are a guardian on the forums that makes you able to design a boss rush fight?

Neither. I was asked to participate in the last community boss rush in part because of some commentary I made about difficulty in the game. Kabam Miike mentioned this in a post in the Boss Rush 2 thread here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/984506/#Comment_984506. Coincidentally, I happened to make that post almost exactly when Kabam was gearing up to select the Boss Rush community participants, as it turned out.

One of the pieces of feedback I gave the devs during the process is to continue to invite community members to participate in a program like this, and I hope the IWD Boss Rush is a continuation of that process. I think it is good for the game, and it is good for the players. And I suspect virtually everyone who participates in something like this gains additional appreciation for the work that goes into trying to make content that a wide range of players is going to like.
  • Options
    HedronHedron Posts: 359
    I missed the last boss rush, cause I wasn't skilled enough. But I never got frustrated after losing 10k shards. It's just a game. Enjoy it
  • Options
    PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

PsyLife said:

Neither. I was asked to participate in the last community boss rush in part because of some commentary I made about difficulty in the game. Kabam Miike mentioned this in a post in the Boss Rush 2 thread here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/984506/#Comment_984506. Coincidentally, I happened to make that post almost exactly when Kabam was gearing up to select the Boss Rush community participants, as it turned out.

One of the pieces of feedback I gave the devs during the process is to continue to invite community members to participate in a program like this, and I hope the IWD Boss Rush is a continuation of that process. I think it is good for the game, and it is good for the players. And I suspect virtually everyone who participates in something like this gains additional appreciation for the work that goes into trying to make content that a wide range of players is going to like.
    I read your post, and I totally agree. It’s a shame that I am not at the level and skills to complete these boss rushes yet, so I didn’t get to experience yours. But the fight sounds cool.

• Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I've never come close to beating a Boss Rush, and I've been around since the first one (I think).

But, there are so many times in this game I have thought "OMFG this is impossible and I don't understand how anyone is able to beat it" then I try again in a month or two and I'm like "LMAO, this is the thing I had so much trouble with before???" I'm hoping this will be the case soon with Lines in the Sand lol.

Hell, even in this month's Epic Mole Man Expedition, my first time through it took me a team revive and a buncha potions just to beat Mole Man, and my last time through I one shot him only losing like 25% health.

No content is "too" hard, you (and I) are just not ready for it yet.
  • Options
    LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

My goal was to make a fight that would be as hard as possible for someone to complete if they simply tried to zerg it, but also as easy as possible if they took the time to think it through and practice a bit. In other words, I wanted to reward thoughtful play. I tried to watch as many people take it on as possible, and I took a lot of pleasure out of seeing people shake their fists in anger at that fight, think about it, decide on a set of tactics, and then smile when they realize they can destroy that fight while healing themselves a bit in the process. I wanted players to think they were "stealing something" from the game as a reward for their good play.

The goal of a good designer, in my opinion, is not to beat the players. It is to give them the feeling that they beat the designer. It has to be hard or the win feels cheap, and so some players will lose. But the goal is to create the best possible feeling of victory when they win. At least, that's how I see it.

I had an advantage in that when the community boss rush was designed IW was a very new champ. In fact, almost no one had her when I initially designed it, a few month before it was released. Today, a lot more people have experience fighting her. The same fight design today would probably be too easy. If the leaks are correct, the fight I'm most worried about is probably Wasp, since there's all sorts of nastiness you can combine evasion with. I'm also wondering if someone will decide to combine nullify immunity with Medusa. But the wild card might be Claire Voyant. Her funky set of abilities could make her an interesting fight, or it could make her relatively easy to overpower like Taskmaster was.
    Ur boss rush was pretty fun......i enjoyed it to the most really ......want more of these.....it was pretty tactical and rewards were fun too
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    What I don't like about Boss Rush events is when it requires specific champs to beat them.
    Well, actually, that goes for all the events.

It is so annoying that just because your RNG isn't as good as someone's else, you suffer, and they breeze through it.

This is why all nodes & big challenges shouldn't limit what you use. Prime example is limiting robots, and if all you have is robots, you are screwed.

Then it just turns into a unitman champ you need to use.
  • Options
    Stevenfan2Stevenfan2 Posts: 91
    That all is okay but the main point is that when it's gonna start. According to message it must be started by 8th but......
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

That all is okay but the main point is that when it's gonna start. According to message it must be started by 8th but......

It will open today at the same time all new content drops