**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welp. I hate my luck!

WhatCouldItBe7WhatCouldItBe7 Posts: 47
edited March 2020 in General Discussion

Years of collecting. And this is what I get. I’m not even surprised. Is he useful?

Comments

• WhatCouldItBe7WhatCouldItBe7 Posts: 47
    Is there any love for him?
  • He was my third 6* but my first 4* sp I have a soft spot for him. Champs that cause bleed (except for robots) get a degen placed on them and his heavy also can place that degen. He has a chance to regain health and also gets true strike after sp3. He isn't top tier by any means but still comes in handy and saved my skin back when I started taking this more seriously
  • There's MUCH worse champs to pull out of the 6* pool. Cable isn't a God by any stretch, but he's not horrible either. Personally, I'd be happy to get him. Those 6* shards will continue to gradually become more available. So keep on trucking and the next one will come a bit faster than he did.

Be prepared to pull less than stellar champs for a bit. I didn't get anyone noteworthy until my 5th crystal (KM). I pulled a 6* Ghost (#8) last month, and got a 6* Masacre today (#9). I also have Rhino, Beast, and Elektra soooo.... can't all be winners, lol.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I've pulled a few dozen 6* champs and the only really useful one is havoc. Cable has his place. Just because 6* shards are harder to collect than any other crystal doesn't mean u will have a better chance at pulling great champs.several of the really good older champs aren't even available as a 6* yet so it actually has worse odds of pulling something game changing.
  • Phuti_1Phuti_1 Posts: 5
    What the hell?
    I just opened 6* and its just trashed again and again and again
    Blackbolt
    Abomination
    Gulk
    Redhulk
    Spiderman classic
    Captain america
    Whats next you will give me?
    Karnak or moonknight

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Duped mine. Now he gets some buffs that aren’t useful. 🤣

I wouldn't call powergain and Regen buffs useless
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    Phuti_1 said:

What the hell?
    Blackbolt
    Abomination
    Gulk
    Redhulk
    Spiderman classic
    Captain america
    Karnak or moonknight

Gulk and Rulk are both amazing champions - neither a full on god tier but they both have very valuable utility so I wouldn't turn my nose up in the slightest at either of them.
    Black Bolt is a valuable synergy champ for Medusa and isn't available as a 5* so getting him as a 6* can be very useful if you wanted to run Medusa in Act 6 (say, Ultron or Sentinel bosses)
    Abom, Spidey and Cap I'll give you as being essentially trash pulls - although Abom & Spidey could go on AW Defence if they were to ever be duped, so there's that :smile:
  • Slevin73Slevin73 Posts: 91
    “Years of collecting” at level 51?!
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    My first and only 6 star was sabretooth he isnt amazing but I'm not complaining
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

My first and only 6 star was sabretooth he isnt amazing but I'm not complaining

Sabertooth is amazing, what you on about
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    nope. pretty basic champ,u may find difficulties in beating some arena fights as well if u dnt have suicide masteries
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    If you use Warlock, Cable is a great synergy team member for him. I’d love that pull for my roster.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 299 ★★
    My first and only 6* so far was MODOK. I remember telling my friend that I'm quitting if I get him before rolling for my first 5*... Eh, I still hate this one with all of my being and if I had a choice between him and unduped 2* Patriot to put on my team, I'd go for IP but I'm not going to deny how useful he is as a defender. Especially that another guy from my alliance pulled another one as his first 6* the same day.
  • age_of_andycapage_of_andycap Posts: 95
    Man... half of you need to spend more time understanding champs a bit more. Like the post before, you don't need Domino or Corvus to have a "good pull." Nothing wrong with MODOK, Rulk, Gulk, for example, and i'd take them any day.

If you were to pull DPXF 3x in a row... i might have some sympathy for "bad luck," but please stop with the assumptions. Choose for yourself, and go with what works.
  • SuperGoodSuperGood Posts: 128
    Phuti_1 said:

What the hell?
    Blackbolt
    Abomination
    Gulk
    Redhulk
    Spiderman classic
    Captain america
    Karnak or moonknight

I think this is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on the forums... I’m really hoping this was a joke...
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Phuti_1 said:

What the hell?
    Blackbolt
    Abomination
    Gulk
    Redhulk
    Spiderman classic
    Captain america
    Karnak or moonknight

I took 6* Gulk to r2 and have 5* Rulk at r5...I use both all the time.