legends titles are useless bragging items anyways
  • Options
    MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    I have 2.4m rating and do not give a F about legend title
  • Options
    KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited March 2020
    DNA3000 said:

2) If Legends Titles are truly about skill, knowledge, experience, etc. Then it shouldn't mainly be based on $$$, which phone u have, luck pulling "the newest" specific champs = RNG &/or when u started playing MCOC bc they will always maintain that advantage. (If the Legend doesn't slow down to let others catch up. Lol)

Legends titles are about being one of the top players to complete a legend run in MCOC. They are about leveraging progress and skill in a game with rules that determine what "fair play" is, and you either accept them or not, but the game isn't changing to meet your definition of fairness.

Chess is about skill, knowledge, and experience. And yet if you're going to become one of the top chess players in the world, going the "free to play" route is going to leave you at a horrible disadvantage. Unless you're incredibly lucky the players who have spent huge amounts of time, resources, and money will have an enormous advantage over you. I should say those who have had huge amounts of time, resources, and money spent on them because unless you start long before you could possibly have any of those things, you'll also be too old to have any reasonable chance.

We don't say that the people who spend more on their chess careers have an unfair advantage. That's a *fair advantage* because that's reality: those who expend more resources to get better in a competition tend to get better in that competition, and we encourage that, we don't try to factor it out. Even in a sport like professional football, where the NFL places strict salary cap limits on how much *teams* can spend on salary, there are no limits on how much *players* can spend on their own professional development.

Competitions are never designed to be "fair" they are designed to be fair enough, within a set of parameters. But they generally do not exclude people from spending more resources to become better competitors. Everything from ping pong to marathon running gives enormous advantages to those willing to spend more resources to become better competitors. Like it or not, spending, grinding, and RNG rewards are all considered fair compensation and progressional elements of MCOC. Because they are fair, players who avail themselves of those things progress at fair rates. And thus it is completely fair for players to compete with each other in the game. To say that people who spend or get lucky are somehow not fair competitors breaks the whole idea of the game. It would fall apart completely if players who spent or got lucky were in any way penalized or excluded from activities because of that spending or lucky pulling.
    Thanks for sharing ur points it helped shed some light on different aspects. I can see ur POV about several things. With the current system 1) Legends is about being 1 of the Top Players to complete a run. That's true. Yet, there are other aspects to the game besides speed. Does exploring Master & Heroic 100% the fastest mean ur a top player? Or rather that ur 1 of the fastest Top 100 in a specific event? So, it'd be like seeing who's the Top 100 track athletes by only factoring the sprinting events. Not looking at long distance, long/high jump, pole vaulting, javelin, etc. We know Kabam determines the prize, "rules" & what aspect "earns" a Legends title. Yet it's not for 1st,..it's for Top 100.

In ur Chess analogy u mention u can get a "fair advantage" by spending more $$$. It might, but it doesn't effect the actual 1 v 1 game. If u spend 0 u can still beat or become a better chess player. Let's compare the 2:
    A) There is a game (specific Legend event) B) A goal of capturing their King before the other. (getting 100 fastest time) C) different pieces Queen, Bishop, Pawn that can move in different directions (Champs & Abilities) to strategically move (control champs) to test who's a better player. Even if u spent alot more $ (whale) before on lessons, etc than another (F2Play) u still have the same "playing field" of board, pieces & goal which determines the winner.

Yet in MCOC Legends runs, mainly 1-2 pieces (champs) are necessary to get the fastest time. Using that anology it would be more like u both start w/0 pieces & before a certain period of time (start of match/event) u can get pieces/champs thru a slot machine in various ways u both have access to. But 1 can also & does spend $ for more chances to pull the 1-2 pieces u need to win (like Queen/Corvus) over a Pawn, Bishop, Knight,...they would get a huge "unfair advantage" if u only get to use 5 pieces. Now add to that the 1 could've /usually does have more time & chances before the other to start pulling those pieces,...they statistically have a much better chance to get the 1-2 needed (Queens) The other can get lucky but still not have enough resources to make their Queen stronger (RUp). So now the match begins & 1 has a (Level 3: made up for similarity) Queen (which can move faster) while the other only a Level 1. Who is more likely to capture the King before the other? How is that a "fair advantage" & how does the 1 who doesn't spend or have time to ever catch up to the Lvl 3 queen if over time Lvl Up resources are gathered to RUp beyond 3+.
    Football is a team sport with 1 Trophy, not Top 100 so hard to tweak to even start to compare it to Legends runs.

That was my point with Players who started earlier & spend more $$$, if they both stay active they're always gonna be a mille ahead. Not that it should be easier or everybody should get a title. But there are huge advantages to starting before & spending more $ over others. So in order to have "fair play", u'd have to exclude the players with Lvl 3 queens Like AW Tiers) or make everyone use the same 5 pieces (champs & Lvl) in any Event that is timed or add more difficulty (UC Only) & aspects (Lowest Revives/Potions Used, Kills, etc) to determine who receives titles. Not saying it should be this way or that Kabam would change it,...but that excluding the Top 100 would give others a chance to compete "fairly". What I think would be more competitive is similar to Content Creators Program...give every player the same 5 champs in each event for speed runs &/or have a point system based on time, potions/units/items used, # kills, or whatever else Kabam/allies want that are clear measurable & distinguishable (Like AWs) that could better determine who the Top 100 "LEGENDS" really are. What do u think about those points or what do u think gives everyone a fair chance on the same field to earn a Legends title?
    (Btw, I don't think Kabam would change the system bc it drives alot of revenue from those going for Legends run each event. Also, don't really think they care to find out who are the best 100 players are bc it's difficult to determine)
  • Options
    KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited March 2020

@KeepinItReal there are only a few people every month who still do EQ legends run. Go look at the hall of legends from the last 6 months and like 3 people did more then one EQ run. Most of those people who have a lot of points got there points from act 4/ act 5 /act 6 and LOL. Some of those guys in the top 150 have not signed on in years, pretty sure they gave 100 points for act 4 or 5 legends. Granted some of the top legend holders continue to do them for the points but they get less then 5% of the titles every month.

Didn't know that Act 4 or 5 gave 100 pts. Thought that Legends were awarded the same # of pts for each Legends run they earned the Top 100 times. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Perhaps instead of preventing those who've already achieved the Legend title from competing, give them something new to shoot for. Tiered Legend system if you will. Obviously 1st run gives you the title itself. After a set amount of times (be in increments of 2s or 5s, whatever) you move up to a higher tier, with fewer positions available for better rewards. The base title Legend rewards aren't exactly appealing, making the title purely cosmetic at this point.

So let's say the 1st stage they compete for 10% t5cc crystals or selectors. Once they have 5 under their belt in this tier (hypothetically 50 slots instead of 100), they move up to the next tier for a 25% t5cc crystal or selector. Perhaps throw in some t5bc frags (or a single catalyst) for good measure. Every tier, or other tier could give the player an exclusive color change option, or addition to their existing Legend badge. Allowing it to be known they've pressed onward and upward in this system. Eh, just a hypothetical idea anyway.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I remember when Act 4 was released. Instead of taking the fastest 100 times, the title went to the first 100 people who completed it 100%. That system was pretty nuts. You basically had to go in blind, though that wasn't an issue back then as the nodes weren't nearly as champ-prohibitive as they are now. But that system really skewed against specific time zones that are normally sleeping when new content is released.

No real reason for this post. Just reminiscing and thinking about the OP's assertion of "Fair" in terms of the legends title. I'm in the same boat as @Worknprogress . The legends tag used to be more meaningful, but it has lost a lot of the impact it once had. I'd say the legends system lost all of its luster once Corvus was added to the game. Before that time, there was no "best" champ for such a task.

They should bring back Legends titles for fastest initial clear of Celebrity Challenges. Those were fun.

I'll never try for it on EQ or story. Too much grind. The only one I ever tried was the Web-Slinger challenge and I didn't have suicides and didn't use boosts. Missed by about 2 minutes. Maybe I'd try again for a celebrity challenge but that's about it.
  • Options

I remember when Act 4 was released. Instead of taking the fastest 100 times, the title went to the first 100 people who completed it 100%. That system was pretty nuts. You basically had to go in blind, though that wasn't an issue back then as the nodes weren't nearly as champ-prohibitive as they are now. But that system really skewed against specific time zones that are normally sleeping when new content is released.

No real reason for this post. Just reminiscing and thinking about the OP's assertion of "Fair" in terms of the legends title. I'm in the same boat as @Worknprogress . The legends tag used to be more meaningful, but it has lost a lot of the impact it once had. I'd say the legends system lost all of its luster once Corvus was added to the game. Before that time, there was no "best" champ for such a task.

They should bring back Legends titles for fastest initial clear of Celebrity Challenges. Those were fun.

I'll never try for it on EQ or story. Too much grind. The only one I ever tried was the Web-Slinger challenge and I didn't have suicides and didn't use boosts. Missed by about 2 minutes. Maybe I'd try again for a celebrity challenge but that's about it.
    If we ever see a Celebrity/Champion Challenge again. I miss those. They were fun. Been over a year now... 🙁.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I always hate it when professional sports teams try and win another championship when they already have one. I just wish they would let another team win one.

🧐
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    so does the Legend Title disappear at the new EQ or something? once you do get it, i thought you always had the title?? what reason would there be for someone to do it multiple times??
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

so does the Legend Title disappear at the new EQ or something? once you do get it, i thought you always had the title?? what reason would there be for someone to do it multiple times??

Rewards. For example, the first 100 players to 100% act 6 get a 6* wolvie weapon x
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    The op is bored to death
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,075 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

Each time you do it for the monthly EQ, you get a small batch of rewards. I mean it's T4CC. If you are able make a legends run, you probably dont need T4CC.