**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hela is God Teir!

https://youtu.be/dmZMhf79SJI

Heres a short video of me using my 3/45 Hela to smack Winter Soldier around. There are no boosts active, and I only brough 3 champions into RoL, Hela, Nick Fury, and Quake. Yes, Hela is extremely reliant on the evade synergy from NF and Quake/Antman, but when you put that Synergy on the team, leaving you 2 free slots (I usually run Ghost and Wasp as my 4 and 5), you can CONSISTENTLY do what I did in this video. In the description, I go into a small bit of detail about how to use her for general questing, but this is mostly a damage showcase. Hopefully, Seatin sees this and can give her that much deserved promotion, and if he needs more evidence, I'll rank her up higher and do an uncollected EQ and some act 6 with her.

Comments

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Hela definitely has some good damage numbers. But she lacks reliable utility.

So what? Cull Obsidian is jn the God Tier, he doesn't come close to Hela in damage, and he doesn't have utility, plus when awakened, Hela has a cheat death, and she has a cheat death synergy, plus she give the entire team a fury when paired with Heimdall, a synergy that most people relied on to deal with Mr. Sinister in 6.2.2, and I'm sure a lot of people would have liked to have somekne useable instead of Hela, well this synergy does just that, very few nodes require you to bring a specific utility when you can deal this much damage, even buffet can't stop all the buffs, and if you are running through 5.3, half of 76k is still 38k and those fights are way quicker, maybe this damage level is always achievable but the point is, get good at Hela, and she basically becomes a cheat code since, like Proxima, she can put out INSANE numbers, oh and her sp3 can do a percentage of the enemies missing health as a burst of energy damage, which can help end fights on annoying nodes (think Havok sp3 with a different modifier for damage). Utility is only important if you can't outright kill the opponent, and Hela almost always can.
    In fairness, I rate both Cull and Hela at around the same level of usefulness. Both fairly low priority, personally. Neither of them really bring anything new to most late-game rosters. Pure damage is handy but not always the best way forward, especially in 6.2 onwards. I can see her being fun to use in Act 5 level content though.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I'm sorry, did you say Cull's damage doesn't even come close to Hela's? Clearly you haven't seen a ramped up Cull's damage with Rout buff on, please check it out. Regardless, people don't use Cull that much, almost none of the endgame players use him because of his lack of utility and god awful block proficiency.

"Utility is only important if you can't outright kill the opponent". That's just plain stupid, Hela has a really long ramp up, no immunities, no way to deal with evade/unstoppable, no way to deal with power gain or any other fun and interactive damage. You go into Act 6, you'll see the value of utility. You won't be able to "outright kill" jack.

As for the tier lists. Don't take them so seriously, man. If you enjoy Hela, play her as you want, her being god-tier or not shouldn't change your opinion on a particular champion. Seatin literally gives the first 3 minutes of every tier list video saying that those are "rough guides".
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Don’t put too much stock in tier lists. They don’t include everything and don’t tell you everything. Being labeled “god tier” doesn’t make a champ better or worse
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Hela definitely has some good damage numbers. But she lacks reliable utility.

So what? Cull Obsidian is jn the God Tier, he doesn't come close to Hela in damage, and he doesn't have utility, plus when awakened, Hela has a cheat death, and she has a cheat death synergy, plus she give the entire team a fury when paired with Heimdall, a synergy that most people relied on to deal with Mr. Sinister in 6.2.2, and I'm sure a lot of people would have liked to have somekne useable instead of Hela, well this synergy does just that, very few nodes require you to bring a specific utility when you can deal this much damage, even buffet can't stop all the buffs, and if you are running through 5.3, half of 76k is still 38k and those fights are way quicker, maybe this damage level is always achievable but the point is, get good at Hela, and she basically becomes a cheat code since, like Proxima, she can put out INSANE numbers, oh and her sp3 can do a percentage of the enemies missing health as a burst of energy damage, which can help end fights on annoying nodes (think Havok sp3 with a different modifier for damage). Utility is only important if you can't outright kill the opponent, and Hela almost always can.
    In fairness, I rate both Cull and Hela at around the same level of usefulness. Both fairly low priority, personally. Neither of them really bring anything new to most late-game rosters. Pure damage is handy but not always the best way forward, especially in 6.2 onwards. I can see her being fun to use in Act 5 level content though.
    Hela is pretty amazing for aspect of death or whatever it is that swaps health
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    She has two big flaws to her which is why I almost never use her 1. Her utility is not very good you have a armor break and then..... nothing she is very lacking in utility and if you want to be a viable champ nowadays you need some good utility. Her second problem and for me at least is her biggest problem which is what I like to call Proxima Midnight/Night Thrasher Syndrome it takes a while to ramp these champs up is the damage really good? Absolutely yes but In all that time ramping that champion up you could have used a much faster champ like ghost or Corvus and you might say LOL or AOL but sadly no because of damage caps.
    Hela is exactly like those two it takes so long to ramp up it would have just been easier to use a different champ. But that’s just my two cents on Hela honestly she is bad not at all she is a solid 7/10 just she needs better utility and then maybe I would rank her up
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    She has some great synergies
  • RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232

She is also massively benefited by the synergy between CMM and Fury, where furies last longer.

And Fury is massively benefited by Hela and Heimdall synergy, where he can hold block and gain a permanent fury, which makes all his charges last indefinitely.

Add a DPX and make everyone bleed-suicide-friendly.

Who’s DPX??
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Big numbers for ROL Winter Soldier.... Goodluck trying to use her in any end game content. Even uncollected monthly you wouldn't be able to build her that much
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    RonD9 said:

She is also massively benefited by the synergy between CMM and Fury, where furies last longer.

And Fury is massively benefited by Hela and Heimdall synergy, where he can hold block and gain a permanent fury, which makes all his charges last indefinitely.

Add a DPX and make everyone bleed-suicide-friendly.

Who’s DPX??
    Deadpool x force
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Bring her in Act 6, and tell me how it goes. Honestly.
  • AlienShoesAlienShoes Posts: 40

I'm sorry, did you say Cull's damage doesn't even come close to Hela's? Clearly you haven't seen a ramped up Cull's damage with Rout buff on, please check it out. Regardless, people don't use Cull that much, almost none of the endgame players use him because of his lack of utility and god awful block proficiency.

"Utility is only important if you can't outright kill the opponent". That's just plain stupid, Hela has a really long ramp up, no immunities, no way to deal with evade/unstoppable, no way to deal with power gain or any other fun and interactive damage. You go into Act 6, you'll see the value of utility. You won't be able to "outright kill" jack.

As for the tier lists. Don't take them so seriously, man. If you enjoy Hela, play her as you want, her being god-tier or not shouldn't change your opinion on a particular champion. Seatin literally gives the first 3 minutes of every tier list video saying that those are "rough guides".

Clearly you havent seen a 3/45 5☆ hela critting for 76k in a medium, watch the video, cull comes nowhere close. Furthermore, I dont take teir lists seriously, i used hela for a lot of 6.1 and 6.2 as a 3/45, and she was amazing, she made short work of every boss except sinister, and in that fight her synergy with heimdall allowed my gulk to 1 shot him, i have yet to do 6.2.6 and i know hela wont help vs the champion, but 90% of champions cant do squat in that fight even with tons of utility. Plus, helas ramp up in veneral questing is get to 1.5 bars of power, bait out a special, start charging heavies, drop sp2 when you have 5+ furies, 1-2 combos will kill 90% of opponents.
    SDP said:

I did....i literally used her for every boss in 6.1.2-6.1.6 and most of the fights, and that at 3/45, 1 sp2 was always enough to get a kill in non boss fights and 2 sp2s would kill the bosses. She made it super easy, i used a total of 5 revives, mostly against xbones..
    ChriissR said:

Big numbers for ROL Winter Soldier.... Goodluck trying to use her in any end game content. Even uncollected monthly you wouldn't be able to build her that much

You dont need to build her that much outside of realm of legends, you get to 1.5 bars of power, bait a special so your opponent has no power, start stacking furies, trying to release your heavy to intercept when possible, once you have 5+ furies and enough power for an sp2, parry, combo, throw sp2, and 1-2 combos is the kill in any fight in uncollected eq, except the bosses, which generally require 8 or 9 furies from my 3/45, which is also super eay to do. I literally use her for uncollected eq all the time.

She has two big flaws to her which is why I almost never use her 1. Her utility is not very good you have a armor break and then..... nothing she is very lacking in utility and if you want to be a viable champ nowadays you need some good utility. Her second problem and for me at least is her biggest problem which is what I like to call Proxima Midnight/Night Thrasher Syndrome it takes a while to ramp these champs up is the damage really good? Absolutely yes but In all that time ramping that champion up you could have used a much faster champ like ghost or Corvus and you might say LOL or AOL but sadly no because of damage caps.
    Hela is exactly like those two it takes so long to ramp up it would have just been easier to use a different champ. But that’s just my two cents on Hela honestly she is bad not at all she is a solid 7/10 just she needs better utility and then maybe I would rank her up

You dont have to ramp her up as much as i did in the video for any fight outside of rol/lol/aol, using her in uncollected eq you only need 1 sp2 and 5 furies with a rank 3 5☆ hela, and you kill anything except the boss, unless they have a damage cap node. I have used her for months in uncollected eq, opting for her over the likes of my corvus (5/65) and ghost (6☆ 2/35), so they can be in aw and aq while i clear the quest. I am not proposing that she is the best champion in the game by any means, rather that, due to the evade synergy, she has become a LOT more practical, and that was the main thing holding her back. Does she lack utility? No doubt about it, thats why i would never put her in beyond god teir, but she is at least on par with cull obsidian in usefulness, especially jn generak questing scenarios.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    High skillcap but when played well she’s pretty crazy.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Yes in uncollected diffculty she can work but I’m talking the true endgame content will Hela be practical for 6.2 6.3 6.4 Abyss? No her damage is much to impractical for uncollected yes she can definitely do good there but I mean in the true endgame you won’t use her because of what that content requires
  • Stevenfan2Stevenfan2 Posts: 91
    Seriously?
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2020

SDP said:

I did....i literally used her for every boss in 6.1.2-6.1.6 and most of the fights, and that at 3/45, 1 sp2 was always enough to get a kill in non boss fights and 2 sp2s would kill the bosses. She made it super easy, i used a total of 5 revives, mostly against xbones..
    Very nice. I’ve practiced with her a little. I’ve heard Nick/Quake synergy is great for her when you wanna charge up and intercept with that L1. Less risk of getting smacked.

However, 6.1 is quite a bit easier than the rest.

It's that I don't believe you per se, but I'd really like to see some footage of her taking down 6.1. bosses as a 3/45

You say she needs 8-9 furies for that and that makes me suspicious. Either you'll have to build up your soul count for a tedious amount of time, or you 8-9 furies will last for like 1 combo and a half.

You yourself said the ramp up against rol ws isn't nessecary in general content.

I don't nessecarily see that. I believe her furies drain her souls way too fast, so in order to get anything out of [X] furies, especially out of an sp2 armor break with [X], you need a exponentially high amount of souls depending on how many furies you need/want to use.
    And even then, 2 sp2's you say? For a 6.1. boss? I'd like to see that, both in terms of whether it actually is a thing and in terms of seeing the actual risky/tedious gameplay leading up to that.

No offense, hela is cool. But I don't think you're the first person to test her out. And so far the consensus is she's good but risky/tedious and below most well known cosmics.

This is all based on my understanding of hela as an awakened 3/45, since that is also the best version of her I own:

I can see you being able to pull that off against sabretooth, sure. Then again, he's one of the easier 6.1. bosses in my opinion.

The first problems I see are with ultron. She can do nothing against his evade, which makes building souls even more tedious and risky. If you don't build up (that many) souls however her furies fall off so fast that him evading even once should most likely ruin that rotation of furies. You said you used 2 sp2's with 8-9 furies. Building up enough souls to get those 2 sp2's off back to back would be crazy convoluted for that fight. Stacking up 8-9 furies once or twice will make the emp-node a real issue as well. Also, the special delivery node should make it kinda stressful to comfortably get to an sp2.I don't see her beat ultron and would love to see that on display lol.

No objection there. Ghost is easy as is and nothing in that fight should really counter hela's playstyle.

The global node should really hurt during the fury build-up and lokis power gain should also be an issue here. Not as unlikely as ultron, but she certainly doesn't sound like a good option here.

I mean, sure. For a first run through she might be an option. Without the bane node you could build some furies, do some damage then die and revive. That's a common strategy for that fight anyways, although most people seem to use either domino in a synergy team or corvus for that strategy.
    Getting to an sp2 however seems unlikely. She should be an okay option here actually.

The fisticuffs period can be used to acquire a lot of souls, so that's not a big issue in this fight actually. Sentinels specials are easy to evade, only reliably getting off an sp2 would be a bit hard due to the power drain. She should definitely work here, although this fight can also essentially be done with anyone.

So all in all, I see ultron to almost be a roadblock for her. The other bosses she should probably handle, although I don't see her being an exceptionally good option for any of them.
    Crossbones is actually the only fight I see her performing above average in a first time completion run, since she's almost designed for a "do a lot of damage then quit out and revive"-playstyle.

Overall, though, I just don't see much reason to use her against any of them.

I did use my hela in act 6 by the way. She was great for an aspect of chaos path in 6.1.3. iirc.

I still wouldn't rank her higher than r3, since she simply lacks utility compared to all the top tier cosmics. And I personally wouldn't even consider cull a top tier cosmic, he just has easy to hype damage that is way easier to achieve and keep up than hela's. Overall cull is like a 7/10 at best in my eyes and since he still has more utility than hela I'd say she's a solid 6/10, probably 8/10 considering her niche usefulness.

Certainly not what people consider "god tier", though lol.

By the way, this was not meant to sh*t on your opinion or on hela. I tried her out a lot as well and came to a differenr conclusion than you.

And thinking about all the 6.1. bosses I simply need a lot more details or recordings to understand why you think she's a good option to use there.

For all I know you're just ridiculously skilled, so that might also come in play here. But since tier-list classifications try to give a general idea most of the time, the skill cap alone pushes hela down several tiers.

I will not say she is the best option for any of the bosses in 6.1, I simply decided to use her because I enjoy her, her lack of utility and availability as a 6* is why I don't take her past rank 3. Ultron was, by far, the most difficult fight for Hela, and Xbones was the easiest as i just built up to 270 spirits, 13 furies, and an sp2, dropped the sp2 and, he didnt shrug it off luckily, so I went in and 2 combos killed him. Ultron was much harder and I built to just over 600 spirits, using 1 sp2 before stacking furies, then, due to suicides and class advantage, 9 furies and an sp2 were enough to clean him up with 2 combos during the armor break. I wouldn't consider myself "insanely skilled" especially when I look at the likes of Dorky Diggety Dabe, PandamanPete, KT1, and Lagacy, but I do play hela quite often, more often than my 5/65 Corvus and 2/35 Ghost, I should also note that, for a very long time I used quake for everything before pulling Corvus, so that playstyle transfered over pretty well to Hela when I srarted playing her after pulling a Nick Fury.