**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game doesn't let me choose to use 2016 science rank up gem

Hi, my problem is that I can't use my 2016 science rank up gem on Quake because the game only offers up the "general" science rank up gem that can be used on any science champions (regardless of year). Does anyone know how I could use it? Thanks!

Comments

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Go into inventory select the 2016 rank up gem click on use and then select quake.
    Ought to work.
  • DyrishaDyrisha Posts: 5
    I tried that, it takes me straight to the champions tab :(
    It's definitely a 2016 one and when I tap on it it simply shows all the champs, doesn't redirect me to a filtered champion list with only those champs I could use it on
  • TormentedMiseryTormentedMisery Posts: 18
    It's a known issue, I had same problem wanting to use a 2015 mutant gem but would only let me use a 2016 one. Contact support and they will sort it for you. I had to use my 2016 gem then they returned my gold took my 2015 gem from inventory and replaced it with the 2016 I had to use. Not ideal but they solved the problem. Hope this helps
    I'll try that, thank you very much!
  • It's a known issue, I had same problem wanting to use a 2015 mutant gem but would only let me use a 2016 one. Contact support and they will sort it for you. I had to use my 2016 gem then they returned my gold took my 2015 gem from inventory and replaced it with the 2016 I had to use. Not ideal but they solved the problem. Hope this helps

Sorry you're having this issue, Dyr. But as Tormented said here, please reach out to our support team! They'll be able to assist you with this.
    I will. Thank you, appreciate the quick response!
  • King_KurisuKing_Kurisu Posts: 16
    @Kabam Vydious is there a fix for this on the way?
  • @Kabam Vydious is there a fix for this on the way?

Are you still experiencing this issue in the 26.0 version of the game?
  • King_KurisuKing_Kurisu Posts: 16
    @Kabam Zibiit I have this issue trying to use the skill on my Crossbones while also having a skill 3-4 that can be used on any champ. It defaults to the any champ gem and does not give me the option to select the 2016 rank up gem.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Defaulting to the 2015 gem when you have both 2015 & 2016 gems (or generics) is an improvement but why can’t we just have the option to choose???

• roldanroldan Posts: 6
    Hello guys, i have the same problem, how can i contact support? @Kabam Zibiit
  • roldan said:

Hello guys, i have the same problem, how can i contact support? @Kabam Zibiit

You can get in contact with them by clicking the gear-shaped icon in the top-left corner of the game's home screen and then scrolling down to the button labeled "Support".
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

@Kabam Vydious is there a fix for this on the way?

Are you still experiencing this issue in the 26.0 version of the game?
    I’m still having this issue as well with the current version. Trying to use a 2016 tech r4 gem, but only gives me the option to use a regular tech r4 gem on the champ upgrade screen. My concern with having to go through support, although not the most major of problems out there, is whether or not they’d be able to help before the level up event is over.
    It seems to be randomly partially fixed. So I have the issue with my tech r4 gems, but I also have both a 2015 and regular science r4 gem and it defaults to the 2015 gem on a 2015 science champ. Not sure if it’s a bug between different classes or if maybe the order of priority is acting as 2015, then regular, then 2016.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    edited March 2020
    ** Contact Support and ask them to apply WHICH rankup Gem you want to use on WHICH champ, and they can apply it correctly to your account.

** Contact Support and ask them to apply WHICH rankup Gem you want to use on WHICH champ, and they can apply it correctly to your account.

Yes, I get that...I’m trying to provide info so they can have more to go off of to fix it. Plus that doesn’t really acknowledge the concern for the timeliness of contacting support before an event ends.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    This has been an ongoing problem dating back to , at least, last September.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/161618/can-t-use-specific-2015-or-2016-rank-up-gem#latest

Having to contact support to get refunded for the game choosing the wrong gem or to get the right gem used isnt ideal. For all the “new quality of life improvements and features” like a resourcing finder and champion previews, it doesn’t help when you can’t use the correct item from your own inventory!!! How many have used the wrong gem without knowing or caring to report it??