**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why no 5* wolverine, thor, scarlet witch, etc?

I have read that kabam "has no plans" on releasing those champions as 5*.

Why is that? I fail to see any understandable reason.

Is it that they will be available in the coming 5* arenas?

Comments

• BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    This is intended, please move on
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Phantom wrote: »
    I see the argument that these champs are too good, but if that's why champs wouldn't be released, why do we have Star Lord?
    Because no anyone can chain a 200-hit combo.
    Plus, he's not a menace if not duped. Just drops IPs and no problem.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I see the argument that these champs are too good, but if that's why champs wouldn't be released, why do we have Star Lord?

1) I can chain a 200-hit combo, and I'm not that great. So don't tell me that.
    2) Scarlet Witch isn't good if she's not duped, but she's not in there.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214

Think what I Am Groot meant was that not everyone can pull off 200+ hit combos. Newer players just dont start off with that skill set.
    Imo, I do believe this a further attempt to make Switch, Thor, and Wolverine irrevant in the competition. Despite some nerfing, SW and Thor are quite useful but that'll fade when 6*s are available.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228

Think what I Am Groot meant was that not everyone can pull off 200+ hit combos. Newer players just dont start off with that skill set.
    Imo, I do believe this a further attempt to make Switch, Thor, and Wolverine irrevant in the competition. Despite some nerfing, SW and Thor are quite useful but that'll fade when 6*s are available.

I know that's what he meant. Not everyone can, but many can. I can, even though I'm not that great.
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    Another problem is that these are some of the most iconic marvel characters. I mean this is a marvel game and yet we have no strange, wolvie, thor etc.. in the top star bracket yet we get nobodies like Hood!?

For me this game is losing relevance as a Marvel game unless they start addressing that fast.

I mean those are literally some of my favourite marvel characters of all time and going to become irrelevant with 6*. If they don't appear I'm probably done as I simply don't identify with what feels like half the 5* roster never mind 6*.

My thoughts also
  • If you look at who does get a 5* version and who doesn't it becomes more obvious. Gamora is a great example. Any champion that can cause astronomical damage with a special attack already as a 4* will not get a 5*.

Aside from obvious attack/health increases also remember that crit rates and crit damage only get higher when you rank up. A 5* rank 4 SW with the right masteries and sig level set up would easily kill anything in under 15 hits. Same for thor.

Wolverine I don't quite get because we have x-23. They're nearly identical but 23 is the stronger bleeder while wolverine has the stronger base damage and health.

So other top tier champs that did get a 5* have it because they don't have the ability to deal out 30k damage in 1 special or a 10 hit combo. You don't see a 5* pheonix for this very reason.
  • crankycranky Posts: 5
    There is a 5☆ Phoenix available. I know a few with her.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    That's the thing wolvie isn't strong when undup all he does is bleed and regen undup his dup on other hand is strong since u get over 300 regen a second but either way he is weak in health and attack so he should be aloud a 5 star version
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    They make a box of champion that's too strong for 5* long ago and never bother to update it. I imagine there is a guy at Kabam HQ that said every month: should we put Thor in 5*, we already put Hyperion in there and everyone just laugh: there co silly John and his daily dose of drug.
    If you look at who does get a 5* version and who doesn't it becomes more obvious. Gamora is a great example. Any champion that can cause astronomical damage with a special attack already as a 4* will not get a 5*.

Aside from obvious attack/health increases also remember that crit rates and crit damage only get higher when you rank up. A 5* rank 4 SW with the right masteries and sig level set up would easily kill anything in under 15 hits. Same for thor.

Wolverine I don't quite get because we have x-23. They're nearly identical but 23 is the stronger bleeder while wolverine has the stronger base damage and health.

So other top tier champs that did get a 5* have it because they don't have the ability to deal out 30k damage in 1 special or a 10 hit combo. You don't see a 5* pheonix for this very reason.

Hyperion disagrees with your statement.
    PD: 5* IS available from the 15k subfeatured pool.
  • I don't see why they have GP and DV as 5* but no wolverine
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Maybe the plan is to release all the champs that are not available as 5-stars as the first group of 6-stars. Which will basically be what their "too-powerful to be 5-stars" would have been.

Of course then Joe Fixit would be the first 6-star everyone pulls.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Maybe because with the introduction of 6*s, 4* champs will soon be irrelevant meaning that those champs will fade out of the picture because they were the old gods?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    The image of all the current champs and missing ones looks to be just about filled. 3 more months to go, 6 more champs left and 2 champs per month.

Looks like January will be the beginning for revamping old champs, first with 6* then maybe with making all the 4* into 5* or releasing the non 5* as 6* first.
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    level based signatures, just imagine this champ are beast with lvl99 sig and 5* has lvl200! Even abomination can be deadly :D
    Can a moderador answer this?
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Maybe they plan on releasing these champs when 6*s come out. 5* Wolvy, Thor, and SW won't be as overpowered when you can get a mediocre 6* champ that has better base damage and health.