**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to defeat permanent regen Magneto in chap 4.2.6?

Comments

• RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Any hard hitter or bleeder does the trick, i beat him with punisher just for fun, spidey can do it too cuz he hits hard, but u can just get a heal block champ like Civil Warrior
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    At the time of completing it my only option was a dupe 3* SL 4/40 sig 19. Took a high streak, but after about 85 hits in the streak the light attacks were doing more than the regen. Still took closer to 200 hits to win because of waiting to bait out the sp1 over and over. Occasionally you'll heal block with the sp2/sp3 as well so that helps. It was a good clinic in evading magneto's sp1 though, and it's a good warm up for RoL with teaching you to slow down and have patience in a fight. Might be a bit harder now with challenger rating thrown in the mix since he's a 5 star, but it should still be doable.
  • saimsaim Posts: 18
    i have megneto 4 star i will place heal block on him

• hydrogohardhydrogohard Posts: 219 ★★
    I used vision.. but i also got the favor of heal block on magneto when the match started.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    @f9_abs do u have a duped star lord? Another option still is duped scarlet witch and a crit team bc she will nullify that regen. Loki should steal the regen (use an l3 and then spam the l1 to keep the curse on). I know I would have used dupe star lord to beat him back in the day.
    winterthur wrote: »
    I am coming up against the same node soon. I am reading that Guillotine gets magnetised and is not effective.

Loki seems to be an possible alternative. Get to special 3, activate curse which steals the regen and maintain the curse as long as possible using heavy attack. I may be coming back asking for help too. :|

I didn't realize heavies reset the curse. Just thought l1s did. Loki should be able to beat him
    I used Wolvie, took 170+ hits but got there eventually! He gains 1% of his health back, so as you get him lower and lower he gains less

Also, Guiltone s2 reverses heal, do that twice and hes dead. Found this out after id already done it!

My ally leader said YJ is the best bet with his sting

Oh, and heal block champs dont work as you probably already know. By the time you have your s2 you are probably half life. Then the heal block works for 5-10 seconds max, as soon as that ends your not at s2 again so he is back to full health in seconds

Use Gully if you have her ad good luck

Update: just tried it with Gully and she wiped him out in under 2 minutes! Wish I had known that when I needed it!! S2 REVERSES heal, so do it 2-3 times and he is nearly dead so what he is gaining back is so low just her normal bleeds finish him off

Not sure how yj works best. Yj gets magnetised and his output damage isn't great, mostly dependent on the biosting damage. Mags would sit there and regen while u are baiting specials.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Doctor Strange L3 fateseal removes his regen permanently
  • Try yondu. Class advantage, stacks bleed and heal block from SP1. Just got him in the ravager crystal and looks like a solid champ
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    I used mags. Just spam l2 and l3
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    Was a long time ago, but I used my Magneto and I think Dr. Stranges Fate Seal would work also. Like others have said, anyone who can heal block.
  • Run477 wrote: »
    I used Wolvie, took 170+ hits but got there eventually! He gains 1% of his health back, so as you get him lower and lower he gains less

Also, Guiltone s2 reverses heal, do that twice and hes dead. Found this out after id already done it!

My ally leader said YJ is the best bet with his sting

Oh, and heal block champs dont work as you probably already know. By the time you have your s2 you are probably half life. Then the heal block works for 5-10 seconds max, as soon as that ends your not at s2 again so he is back to full health in seconds

Use Gully if you have her ad good luck

Update: just tried it with Gully and she wiped him out in under 2 minutes! Wish I had known that when I needed it!! S2 REVERSES heal, so do it 2-3 times and he is nearly dead so what he is gaining back is so low just her normal bleeds finish him off

Not sure how yj works best. Yj gets magnetised and his output damage isn't great, mostly dependent on the biosting damage. Mags would sit there and regen while u are baiting specials.

I don't have him myself mate, but when asked my ally the same question when on that node, he said YJ just destroyed him?
  • Nikskini wrote: »

If this is still the case, then probably even better than using Gully, but you would have to have a duped DS to a high level I would think?
  • Run477 wrote: »
    I am coming up against the same node soon. I am reading that Guillotine gets magnetised and is not effective.

Loki seems to be an possible alternative. Get to special 3, activate curse which steals the regen and maintain the curse as long as possible using heavy attack. I may be coming back asking for help too. :|

I didn't realize heavies reset the curse. Just thought l1s did. Loki should be able to beat him

Wouldnt Lokis L1 steal his buff and stop him healing and give Loki a shed load of health?
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Nikskini wrote: »

If this is still the case, then probably even better than using Gully, but you would have to have a duped DS to a high level I would think?

Fateseal doesn't require high dupe level DS
    But will be useful constantly shrugging off his regen
    But idk never had him as a 3* or a 4*

As for myself I just powered through that path with my 5/50 mordo
  • Options for 5.2.6 mags

SL
    Guilly
    Magneto or Magneto MN
    Magic
    Sw
    Venompool
    Pun 2099
    Hype
    Pretty well any champ with nullify or heal block. Can't remember more off top of my head.

Not sure if they changed it with this crash recovery system but I remember you use to be able just restart fight until he got a heal block debuff from gamblers fate.
  • Heal block ones WONT really get you through if you're not a very experienced and/or good player. They simply don't last long enough to be effective

It has to be one that causes massive damage or bleed or has a permanent heal block. So Gully, Wolvie or DS
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    just tested several mentioned champs including a 4 star 4/40 unduped Yondu and, yeah, that was easy. Heal block sp1 lasts enough time to get to sp1 again and reset the heal block. Rinse, repeat. Between that and the bleed stacks magneto went down quickly.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Yondu.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Voodoo (spirit Venom IS poison)
    SL (raw power)
    BP with despair
    SW (Nullify)
    Venompool (can eat the regen)
    Captain/Ms. Marvel (raw damage)

NC (surprising raw damage and easy to get Swashbuckler as Magneto is pure energy attacks)

Archangel (immune to magnetism's effects and combo bleed/poison shreds Magento in both health and destroys his regen)

Or restart with whoever you want
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Nikskini wrote: »

I don't think you need him duped; duped just awakens counterspell. Strange's L3, Fate Seal, will remove buffs for 8 seconds or so, which is your window of opportunity to do damage. I dont have any experience with Fate Seal removing Magnetos degen permanently; I used my own Magneto and a few boosts to Heal Block and kill Regen Magneto back in the day.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    Wolvie gets magnetized too so lesser heals and bleeds.
    Not recommended

I decided to quit fight after a while. There was hardly any dent on Magneto's health while Wolverine is able to heal to max health. The fight could go on and on and on ...

Maybe I am unable to bring my play to a high aggressive level.
    RealPastor wrote: »
    Killed him 2 minutes ago. Just 4* 5/50 Hyp, some heavyes, and some sp2/sp3. 46 hits at all, and I'm not so good in this game.

I had an awakened 4/40 and I was unsuccessful, my fighting skill is poor.

I was thinking to just go through all five champs and to restart again if necessary (I lose time and energy but gains xp on the fights before reaching this node).

On the fifth attempt using Elektra, Gambler's fate gave something like degeneration and I was making small progress till I got smashed by his special 2 and bleed.

So, I decided to do it the standard way. Use revive and heal for another fight. In the sixth fight, Magneto has less health and the same Gambler's fate gave degeneration. Mageneto was losing health before the first contact. I managed to finish the fight and complete 100% of Chapter 2. :D

A mistake I made was forgetting that his signature ability kicks in only at 60% health and specials launch could hurt him.

Respect to all the Summoners who took on this node using 3☆ champs in the early days when Act 4 was released.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've been following this thread as I'm trying to 100% Chapter 2 now as well. Probably get to this fight tomorrow. I'll be bringing my R5 Guilly as she's my go-to on the heavy regen champs.
  • f9_absf9_abs Posts: 126
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for all the suggestions, and I now tried with what I had available, i.e. 3* version of these champs. FYI, I am also having r2 on LC.
    1. SL
    2. SW
    3. AA
    4. Hyperion
    5. Yondu

And maybe it's me, but I failed with all of these. :( I think I need to remove suicide masteries and try, as I lose quite a lot of health due to recoil off each SP for a 3*. SW got lucky and mags had a heal block from start. 85 hit combo and I got him down to 7k health, but then he took me down with a few hits as block damage was too high and SW didn't regen a single time.

Also, not sure if something has changed based on some comments earlier, but AA gets magnetized and the regen is not 1% remaining health rather it's just 1% health regen permanently.

I think next for me is to try closing and opening game till I get heal block and then just use miss marvel to muscle through.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    CW would be useful as well, if you have one high enough. He has Heal Block with every Heavy.
  • f9_absf9_abs Posts: 126
    CW would be useful as well, if you have one high enough. He has Heal Block with every Heavy.

I have 4* CW at 3/30, will try with him too. Only thing is he would get magnetized and it'll be difficult to parry making it difficult to land heavy.
    f9_abs wrote: »

I have 4* CW at 3/30, will try with him too. Only thing is he would get magnetized and it'll be difficult to parry making it difficult to land heavy.

I had no trouble with that. I tested him.
    If you don't have a duped 4* Starlord, then I would suggest a duped sig 99 3* Starlord. That's what I used. Personally I think Starlord is overhyped and doesn't have the hugest use outside of Labrynth. But that Magneto fight is one of the spots where he shines.

Just don't get hit!

Another good suggestion.